Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate World Feedback

Hello.

I have an incredible ability to complain about literally everything ever, and not everyone wants to have a rant of mine on their dedicated world showcase thread dissecting every possible flaw in their designs. So I'm taking that to this thread!

Just give me the world name and I'll make an essay on what I liked and didn't like (provided I don't give up playing the world for some reason and can't finish it). I'll probably also make some visuals to show the problems easier.

Some important notes:
    -I'm not some kind of a WOTD coach, my advice on anything will not have the world winning WOTD as a goal. I only want the worlds to be more fun to play.
    -I am not good at making aesthetics myself so I probably have no place making a lot of suggestions regarding them.
    -Parkour-centered worlds only please
    -I don't quarantee I'll complete a world, something way too obnoxious can make me just skip it.
    -No wasting my time with bad jokes like fake worlds

There's no form, just give me the world name and maybe some additional info (When it was made or what items I should use to play, if relevant).

Also pls reply instead of comment when replying to something so I don't have to BUMP so much myself
    Last edited by GrowH; 12-14-2020, 07:31 PM.
    IGN: DamageBoost (Recently changed from HGrowH)
    Guild: BETA

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

MALICIOUSMALWARE pls
    Doesn't require wings if u dont want to use

pls be as harsh as possible

yes i know repetitive design

Jedaki

Comment

CATINTHEWINTER pl0x I noob build

it's actually high jump only parkour and slow fall but I sold my xeno cuz I'm broke lol
      Yes I know pixel art world
      IGN: RimUwU i quit anime yes

Try out mynvm

good song

https://youtu.be/A6l8THwbcfY

Comment

Jedaki
        MALICIOUSMALWARE by Jyhnxx​​​​​​​

The Good

I like the simplicity, doing those random little jumps is simple enough and fun to just breeze through. Nothing too groundbreaking.

The Bad

Uhh, this sign would read better if it said "Don't use Open Wi-fi, they have no protection!" instead.

This jump. Never put any variation of this jump in a world. There were 2 others in the world, but they were in a 3-blocks-up situation, making them way more consistent with a barely full height jump.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (21).png Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	6948786

One weird thing about the world to me were the Antigravity fields.. Those are there to make a wingless run possible, correct? They just felt like they got in the way for me, making my jumps weirdly tall and stuff like that when I didn't want them to. Using them as a stand in for a double jump for people without double jump is a weird middle point to me.

Little claustrophobic, the numbers could've been further apart to open up some breathing space.

Missed oppoturnity to make the numbers spell out something when translated from binary lol

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowH View Post
          Jedaki
          MALICIOUSMALWARE by Jyhnxx​​​​​​​

The Good

I like the simplicity, doing those random little jumps is simple enough and fun to just breeze through. Nothing too groundbreaking.

The Bad

Uhh, this sign would read better if it said "Don't use Open Wi-fi, they have no protection!" instead.

This jump. Never put any variation of this jump in a world. There were 2 others in the world, but they were in a 3-blocks-up situation, making them way more consistent with a barely full height jump.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (21).png Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	6948786

One weird thing about the world to me were the Antigravity fields.. Those are there to make a wingless run possible, correct? They just felt like they got in the way for me, making my jumps weirdly tall and stuff like that when I didn't want them to. Using them as a stand in for a double jump for people without double jump is a weird middle point to me.

Little claustrophobic, the numbers could've been further apart to open up some breathing space.

Missed oppoturnity to make the numbers spell out something when translated from binary lol

Thank

will change the sign and 1 block high jump.... when they fix the respawn crash glitch

i put the antigravitys there thinking that im going to put a xenonite crystal but then i though oh yeah im poor

not as harsh as i would have hoped though : (

Jedaki

Comment

Rimuoi
            CATINTHEWINTER by Rimuoi

The Good

-Cat (it's goddamn massive if that's an actual couch, damn).

The Bad

-Pointless adventure items: The key, torch and rope could easily be removed without affecting gameplay at all.

-Not getting the rope would softlock you in this room, I assume. And even if the door is set to not let one through without the rope, it's still very unsettling.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (34).png
Views:	436
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	6948819

-Whatever the story in the book at the start is, it's pointless and never even comes up in the world aside from the quiz part.

-Quiz part felt like it wasted my time

-This door label

Name:	Screenshot (22).png
Views:	404
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	6948820

-Why am I here when there isn't even jackshit up here

Name:	Screenshot (32).png
Views:	406
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	6948821

-I was going to make a collage of every grammar error but there were just too many

-1-block-spike-jumps: Talked about this in the previous post, banish all variations of them. Here is every one of them in the world circled.

Name:	catinthewinter.png
Views:	417
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	6948823

-An arrow pointing into a dead end lol

Name:	Screenshot (33).png
Views:	401
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	6948822

Comment

I believe my world will be very minus
              here u go
              NYASARDIHUTAN
              THESOUTHERNSEAS
              Daily Challenge Possibilities : ​
              https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

Comment

• A2GTs
                A2GTs commented
                Editing a comment
                NYASARDIHUTAN lol
                it means LOSTINTHEWOODS

• A2GTs
                A2GTs commented
                Editing a comment
                or LOSTINTHEJUNGLE

• Warfreak10
                Warfreak10 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bodo amat nyerah gw ga menang menang

Originally posted by GrowH View Post
              Rimuoi
              CATINTHEWINTER by Rimuoi

The Good

-Cat (it's goddamn massive if that's an actual couch, damn).
              oh my god I glad that I still get Good point

The Bad

-Pointless adventure items: The key, torch and rope could easily be removed without affecting gameplay at all.
              aaaaa 😳
              -Not getting the rope would softlock you in this room, I assume. And even if the door is set to not let one through without the rope, it's still very unsettling.
              hehe 🗿

-Whatever the story in the book at the start is, it's pointless and never even comes up in the world aside from the quiz part.
              Yup hehe, I sucks on making story 👁👄👁
              -Quiz part felt like it wasted my time
              Yea ikr for the first time it's feel fun IMO but it's feel boring after I repeat it lol
              -This door label
              teehee 🤜😋

-Why am I here when there isn't even jackshit up here that's literally a trap lol

-I was going to make a collage of every grammar error but there were just too many
              Aaaa yea I built that world on last year, I don't even get interest in english until I recognize I need to learn it so I can communicate with people (even though my English still bad until now lol)
              -1-block-spike-jumps: Talked about this in the previous post, banish all variations of them. Here is every one of them in the world circled.
              Aw just noticed about that

-An arrow pointing into a dead end lol
              that's also a trap xD
              I appreciate that you literally really serious on judging ma world lol tysm I'll try fix it when I get a mood I'm really lazy lately

IGN: RimUwU i quit anime yes

Try out mynvm

good song

https://youtu.be/A6l8THwbcfY

Comment

• GrowH
                GrowH commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll have you know I got out of the tree top trap whatever that is

I plan to nominate my world FRIGIDPEACE in a little bit, can I get your feedback?
              Sup
              IGN: Rovie
              Discord: rovvvie#4588

Comment

I'd love to receive a feedback/criticism about my world and see if there are any flaws.

P.S It bas been tested many times by other players already so I'll check the feedback consistency.

THYSEN

Name:	thysen (4).png
Views:	366
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	6949007
                A demon never hides - therefore lurking in the beneath of the abyss, now bow down you puny little mortals!

IGN: Zytran
                World: ZYTRAN
                Instagram: @zytran_gt

Comment

tatertots
                  FRIGIDPEACE by Rovie

The Good

-Very non-intrusive story that's well written and simple.
                  -Nice houses

The Bad

-I think I get the reasoning for most of the invisible blocks in the world but these, these feel out of place.. I overall don't like the invisible block spam in worlds, would much rather it just be a massive row of spikes in the sky that I can see easily. Also less ceiling is always nice.

Name:	Screenshot (35).png
Views:	378
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	6949124

-*sigh* I find myself in this situation once again

Name:	Screenshot (36).png
Views:	335
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	6949125

-Why is going into the water presented like it's the way to go? I found no way to get out of there once I went in.

Name:	Screenshot (37).png
Views:	341
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	6949126

-This story portion has something mistyped, here's my interpretation of what it's supposed to say. (could also be "Represent the elders of the past generations", not sure)

Name:	Screenshot (38).png
Views:	343
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	6949127

Random Notes:

-Lmao why are the golden pillar elder things in this cave lol

Name:	Screenshot (40).png
Views:	339
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	6949128

Comment

TonyChase
                    THYSEN by Zytran

The Good

-Well realised area for the adventure item shuffle in the first half, the parts connect nicely.

The Bad

-The double jump pole thing is weird as hell, is it supposed to work like that? Not a mechanic I'd use..

-You can get softlocked if you don't get the key but go to the shopkeeper place, resulting in this amusing thing as well
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (44).png Views:	0 Size:	255.3 KB ID:	6949380

-Some annoying cybot paths, the one on top of a tree on the right side making a tip down especially felt useless and wasted a few seconds of my time every respawn.

-Alot of invisible blocks in places that they really aren't needed in, here you could jump right the way up if these weren't in the way, and they seem to be there just to stop jumping up there.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (41).png Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	6949381

-This jump up to the ledge you need the rope for, the 2 pitons below make it seem like you need to do a really ****ed up jump
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (45).png Views:	0 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	6949382

-H E L P M E
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (42).png Views:	0 Size:	328.8 KB ID:	6949383

-I found some of the looming shadows-like items on the ground annoying

-This section is just pure poor design, the 2 pitons on the left here are completely useless and misleading, the actual way to get forward is to jump on this invisible platform. Additionally, I once fell all the way down into a previous checkpoint trying to find this block. Just place some floating platforms my friend! You can do that!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (43).png Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	6949384

Random Notes:
                    -Lol I have no idea what the phone riddle was about I just typed in the Sales-man's number and got in

Comment

• TonyChase
                      TonyChase commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Finally, someone literally pointed out the flaws without hesitation! Thanks for the great feedback, I will take those into consideration in a few days. 👌

RUNNERISLAND by Draluxes

The Good
                    -I like the idea of a permadeath-kinda world. Forces you to actually get good at the world.

The Bad
                    -Not a big fan of any of the Summer clash special blocks that are used here. Clouds and spike walls just seem to add waiting around to the fast-paced world. Level 1 is probably my favourite, honestly it seems to be the one with the most depth even though it's only blocks, lava and spikes.

-This jump is not great for the pressure you're put in

Name:	Screenshot (47).png
Views:	345
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	6950495

-The cloud and whatever this block is combo here isn't great

Name:	Screenshot (48).png
Views:	322
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	6950496

-I really didn't want to use this floaty block...

Name:	Screenshot (49).png
Views:	320
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	6950497

-The last level was just pure chaos. I didn't see the adventure item before getting to the gate for the first time and found out all I had been doing was for nothing. Especially the section with the gravity well after the gate, that one feels like I'll just throw my character over there and sometimes it works out and sometimes just not.

Comment

• Electrolava9
                      Electrolava9 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks your for pointing out that flaw, going to revision as much as possible.

Holy, I wish I saw this thread sooner. Please do my world: THEAFTERTIME.
                    IGN: KRAG

Comment

Kragor
                      THEAFTERTIME by Kragor
                      The Good
                      -Ending puzzle is not too annoying, isn't a chore like alot of puzzles can be

The Bad
                      -Alot of signs and boards in the world have some broken English and other errors. Obviously above average, but noticeable.

Name:	Screenshot (51).png
Views:	340
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	6950871

-A thing I say often is "If your obstacle needs instructions, rethink that obstacle". Applies here. The instructions here don't even help...

Name:	Screenshot (52).png
Views:	315
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	6950872

-Gravity wells act really weird if the player is moving from one's effect to another's, really noticeable in this jump at a very crucial moment, where you might just get affected by the wrong well and be swung into the spike. Also, a slightly annoying 1-block-spike-jump from the rope.

Name:	Screenshot (54).png
Views:	314
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	6950873

-Going down this hole you may or may not get killed by the gravity well, feels like a 50-50.

Name:	Screenshot (55).png
Views:	313
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	6950874

-As is often with gravity wells, in this section you once again throw yourself at it and hope nothing stupid happens.

Name:	Screenshot (56)2.png
Views:	314
Size:	558.1 KB
ID:	6950875

-Getting out of this hole feels just as out of your hands as getting in

Name:	Screenshot (56).png
Views:	310
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	6950876

-Somewhere around here a lag spike seems to happen, probably caused by some audio block. Mute them.

Name:	Screenshot (57).png
Views:	315
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	6950877

-Why does this part have to be made of invisible blocks? It's hard enough without those. Also, there's one of the jumps I really want to see gone in parkour worlds.

Name:	Screenshot (58).png
Views:	312
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	6950878

Comment

• Kragor
                        Kragor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ouuu thanks so much for the feedback, I hope you enjoyed the world. I will definitely make some adjustments to the world asap. Would like to talk to you in-game if you have time.
                    Working...
                    X