X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritee
    PICNICPANIC by Spirituality

The Good

-I like the multiple endings thing, kind of derpy though and there should be a better ending board that people from ALL endings could write on.

The Bad

-This is an annoying section for the literal first one...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (140).png
Views:	152
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	6979223

-Dodging these bullets with such a low ceiling seems to be very tight and random, less ceiling would probably help out

Name:	Screenshot (141).png
Views:	139
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	6979224

-This door here takes you to spawn and was probably forgotten about, and the goblet is annoying to collect quickly due to the room layout. I'd place another platform to the left of the table block I'm standing on to help with that.

Name:	Screenshot (142).png
Views:	137
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	6979225

-These lasers are a poor idea, they are placed on the edges like they are to prevent stalling, but just end up getting in the way of the actual jumps you have to do.

Name:	Screenshot (144).png
Views:	155
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	6979226
    IGN: DamageBoost
    Guild: BETA

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

Playing and reviewing your parkour worlds:
    The Ultimate World Feedback - Growtopia Forums (growtopiagame.com)

Comment

Thank you! I forgot to break that door at the goblet room. By the way, could you review THEDRAGONMANCER now?

Comment

TeachMeHow
        CANDYWINTERLAND by Invsibility

The Bad

-Not a fan of designing around the background making it hard to see what's at the top of the screen, I would've actually listed it as a positive if the world never went close to the clouds at the top.

-The flipping spike wall thing is hard to see here especially due to it's black paint, I'd fix this by simply unpainting it.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (145).png Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	6979582

-The checkpoint here is placed as if it was a piece of decoration, making it seem like there isn't a checkpoint at first.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (146).png Views:	0 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	6979583

-The section following that checkpoint is very irritating and random, and the parkour parts overall seem to require a parasol mod which I don't really like.

-The rope could just as well be in the area where you actually start using it. Not at the start where one can theoretically miss it.

-I am big mad once again
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (147).png Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	6979584

-A bunch of random and pointless invisible blocks that could all be removed
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (148)2.png Views:	0 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	6979585
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (148).png Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	6979586

-Jumps that require you to land in specific spots should give you some time to you know, adjust for the landing? You can neither jump in a slightly higher arc or double jump here to do that, you just throw yourself forwards and hope you land right.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (149).png Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	6979587

-A rope is literally required to get up to this door that requires a rope to get through. Just remove the whole thing by breaking the door, the path marker, the invisible blocks and the oneway.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (151).png Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	6979588

-When will world builders get it, you can't make riddles! You can't make riddles, they can't make riddles, I can't make riddles! It's never gonna go well and only get people stuck! Such is the case here, bye.

A jaded world builder of terrible (but unique) ideas. Never ask me for business advice.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowH View Post
          TeachMeHow
          CANDYWINTERLAND by Invsibility

The Bad

-Not a fan of designing around the background making it hard to see what's at the top of the screen, I would've actually listed it as a positive if the world never went close to the clouds at the top.

-The flipping spike wall thing is hard to see here especially due to it's black paint, I'd fix this by simply unpainting it.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (145).png Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	6979582

-The checkpoint here is placed as if it was a piece of decoration, making it seem like there isn't a checkpoint at first.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (146).png Views:	0 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	6979583

-The section following that checkpoint is very irritating and random, and the parkour parts overall seem to require a parasol mod which I don't really like.

-The rope could just as well be in the area where you actually start using it. Not at the start where one can theoretically miss it.

-I am big mad once again
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (147).png Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	6979584

-A bunch of random and pointless invisible blocks that could all be removed
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (148)2.png Views:	0 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	6979585
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (148).png Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	6979586

-Jumps that require you to land in specific spots should give you some time to you know, adjust for the landing? You can neither jump in a slightly higher arc or double jump here to do that, you just throw yourself forwards and hope you land right.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (149).png Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	6979587

-A rope is literally required to get up to this door that requires a rope to get through. Just remove the whole thing by breaking the door, the path marker, the invisible blocks and the oneway.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (151).png Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	6979588

-When will world builders get it, you can't make riddles! You can't make riddles, they can't make riddles, I can't make riddles! It's never gonna go well and only get people stuck! Such is the case here, bye.
          Thanks for the feedback, sorry there were a bunch of dimension blocks. It should've been a xenonite world. But since those were locked. Also to block certain double jump and high jump. Which they can easily cheese.

​​​Onto the riddle part, I did it much easier than I usually do, gave mostly 3 crucial hints.

Yes parasol effect, could've gave it xenonite if those werent just locked

Thanks for the feedback
          Originally posted by Yasuo
          *Hasagi*
          Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
          *Soryegadon*

Comment

Hey! BLuetootH told me to Test the world to you!, I wanna nominate my world for WOTD, Well i don't wanna end up losing it, So i decided to ask you for it!

My world HEYGINGER is sooooo Simple, But Unique, it means the blocks are so cheap, but so nice to be in there! I got 2 friends told me that it was good! But still i wanna ask you, I Won't be mad if you gonna tell me that, It's made of hell poop, I don't care, i accept it I'm not a good builder​​​​​​

Please tell me the Flaws, or anything you can recomment for me to improve the Simpleness of the world or to keep it,

The World Includes Game Events Information as a Winner's prize, but still not written the Infos, just wanna ask you about build!

Well Thank You..
            IGN: GideonPogi
            YouTube: GideonPogi GT, Instagaram: GideonPogiGT
            Became A Growtopian Since May 13 2020
            Level: 63/125

I dont like Farming, if you see me farm, Than your unlucky

Comment

ItsNinjas
              SAINTHILLS by ItsNinjas

The Good

-Some interesting parkour ideas, I remember the part with the seagull platforms being pretty smooth and nice. I also like the punctual checkpoints, they are placed sparsely but at just the right spots, like with the underwater section which has only 2 checkpoints. Feels like you gotta earn them.

The Bad

-It's mostly questionable parkour sections here, the one non-parkour related gripe I have is once again those adventure items that seem to serve no purpose and are theoretically missable at some point.

-I think the 2-tall variant of the 1-block-spike-jump is the worst one. I don't have a big problem with the 3-tall variant, but sadly there just are none of those here.

Name:	Screenshot (153).png
Views:	123
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	6981443

-Wow, I would be screwed if I couldn't reach this book! Also, nothing aside from the text colour (and the world render, apparently?) indicates that this character is red in colour.

Name:	Screenshot (155).png
Views:	114
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	6981444

-This looming shadows causes some cheap deaths, especially because this section's parts look all very similar, so you'll never remember when the looming shadows is coming

Name:	Screenshot (156).png
Views:	107
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	6981445

-This jump is like the jump from the previous world I played but on crack, mostly because of this spike that's way higher than the one in the other world, giving you EVEN LESS time to adjust your position. Also, this checkpoint starts and ends with a 1bsj.

Name:	Screenshot (152).png
Views:	117
Size:	463.9 KB
ID:	6981446

Comment

Olaf1234_gt
                GUMIHOSQUEST by Olaf1234

The Good

-Nice and short, nothing to really get stuck on. Liked the use of platforms (vines).

The Bad

-This part is a bit questionable for multiple reasons.. I'll suggest some changes. I kept the option to jump up to the upper vine with a small jump but added the option to just use double jump to get across.

Name:	Screenshot (157)2.png
Views:	122
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	6981465

-Fun fact, if you place death blocks like this you are subject to some trolling.

Name:	Screenshot (158).png
Views:	110
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	6981466

-Not a big fan of the ice part, there are other things to do with ice aside from forcing people to slow down on it.

-There should probably be a sign or something here so you don't go there for literally no reason.

Name:	Screenshot (159).png
Views:	106
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	6981467

Comment

• Olaf1234_gt
                  Olaf1234_gt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thankss, but how shud i improve on the ice parkour?

Spiritee
                THEDRAGONMANCER by Spirituality

(sorry I didn't finish due to a disconnection but I got to the last part)

The Good

-I totally thought I was at the top of the world at the start but it was actually the bottom, I don't see that done much, starting at the bottom with a town-world thing, that is.

-Would say this is a step-up from the picnic one

The Bad

-Ugh these jumps are everywhere
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (161).png Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	6981487

-The extremely varied blocks used make it so that I have to do "Danger scantm" every time I get to a new section.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (160).png Views:	0 Size:	236.3 KB ID:	6981488
                Last edited by GrowH; 01-08-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks once again for the feedback. I'm also going to polish a bit the picnic one.

Comment

Gideonpogi23
                    HEYGINGER by Gideonpogi

The Good

-I do like worlds that are made with extremely cheap stuff, a world made with a couple of wls is still better than no world made at all.

The Bad

-The story is trying a bit too much to be interesting. I don't really have a great grasp on how it really goes, since I didn't read any of the boards, but I'll try to simplify it. I might not even be close.

SO how the story goes is: Your friend Ginger is missing>You go find him by going to a cave?>He's there and you find him>He needs your help to something something his son? Need to go deeper into cave???>You go deeper into cave and there is house or something. The end.

I think I even left some of the nonsense out but it would probably make even less sense if one added those. There are just too many story beats and none of them make alot of sense.

-I'm the only person that could be bugged by this, but if you walk back into one of the adventure end points, your checkpoint gets erased and you can lose your progress by respawning. These kinds of things I just often try to get rid of when designing worlds.

-The terraining is very inconsistent, and has some extremely uninteresting formations at times. Avoid making boxes.

Name:	Screenshot (162).png
Views:	119
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	6982664

-Here are some more of those boxes... I think it'd be just better off broken down and redesigned.

Name:	Screenshot (169).png
Views:	99
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	6982665

-There's no section here at all, one could be added, even if it was only some falling down safely to the next checkpoint

Name:	Screenshot (163).png
Views:	93
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	6982666

-It bugs me a bit that there are no background tiles behind any of the foreground ones..

Name:	Screenshot (165).png
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	6982667

-There's just too little space here to make a parkour section. Don't even try.

Name:	Screenshot (168).png
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	6982668

-The missable pointless adventure items once again make an appearance. There are a couple of different ways that adventure items are often used, the good way is "Go gather those adventure items and come back to this door when you've gotten them" and the bad one is "Pick up the items from along the path YOU'RE ALREADY TAKING and then just go through the door". One of these actually adds something to a world and one doesn't.

Name:	Screenshot (164).png
Views:	101
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	6982669

-There's also no victory board to be found

Comment

Originally posted by GrowH View Post
                      Gideonpogi23
                      HEYGINGER by Gideonpogi

The Good

-I do like worlds that are made with extremely cheap stuff, a world made with a couple of wls is still better than no world made at all.

The Bad

-The story is trying a bit too much to be interesting. I don't really have a great grasp on how it really goes, since I didn't read any of the boards, but I'll try to simplify it. I might not even be close.

SO how the story goes is: Your friend Ginger is missing>You go find him by going to a cave?>He's there and you find him>He needs your help to something something his son? Need to go deeper into cave???>You go deeper into cave and there is house or something. The end.

I think I even left some of the nonsense out but it would probably make even less sense if one added those. There are just too many story beats and none of them make alot of sense.

-I'm the only person that could be bugged by this, but if you walk back into one of the adventure end points, your checkpoint gets erased and you can lose your progress by respawning. These kinds of things I just often try to get rid of when designing worlds.

-The terraining is very inconsistent, and has some extremely uninteresting formations at times. Avoid making boxes.

Name:	Screenshot (162).png
Views:	119
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	6982664

-Here are some more of those boxes... I think it'd be just better off broken down and redesigned.

Name:	Screenshot (169).png
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	6982665

-There's no section here at all, one could be added, even if it was only some falling down safely to the next checkpoint

Name:	Screenshot (163).png
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	6982666

-It bugs me a bit that there are no background tiles behind any of the foreground ones..

Name:	Screenshot (165).png
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	6982667

-There's just too little space here to make a parkour section. Don't even try.

Name:	Screenshot (168).png
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	6982668

-The missable pointless adventure items once again make an appearance. There are a couple of different ways that adventure items are often used, the good way is "Go gather those adventure items and come back to this door when you've gotten them" and the bad one is "Pick up the items from along the path YOU'RE ALREADY TAKING and then just go through the door". One of these actually adds something to a world and one doesn't.

Name:	Screenshot (164).png
Views:	101
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	6982669

-There's also no victory board to be found

Okay thanks for such beautiful long feedback, me and BLuetootH will fix those problems, Bro BLuetootH lets fix those flaws he mentioned..!
                      IGN: GideonPogi
                      YouTube: GideonPogi GT, Instagaram: GideonPogiGT
                      Became A Growtopian Since May 13 2020
                      Level: 63/125

I dont like Farming, if you see me farm, Than your unlucky

Comment

• BLuetootH
                        BLuetootH commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay I’m up for it

Still doing this I just ran out of worlds to BUMP with

Comment

BUMPing...

Comment

• Dzez
                          Dzez commented
                          Editing a comment
                          wow still making these 😳 legend

Try ASIRENSONG?
                        Please do support my quest to justice:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nd-support-now

Profile picture by Joni2

Comment

• Crunchyy
                          Crunchyy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Your world is really cool! Hope it wins!

I don't have any parkour worlds for you to review, but I did have a nice chuckle reading through all of them.

To the builders: regardless whether GrowH's comments are positive or negative, I think it's clear from the screenshots he took that everyone has worked hard on their worlds.

Keep it up, I guess?

Comment

Working...
                        X