Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: START World Translations: New Rules!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by _BrandonLouis_ View Post
    Does the crystal seed and the Jammers include?

- - - Updated - - -

Mr Tk, does it have to be exactly the same? With the Jammers and the crystal seeds?
    Yes , you need to deal with it

If the game can be programmed to type in different languages, I'll gladly do Korean. Or I can do it Korean with english pronunciations.
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

My Growtopian username is DiamondX

Check out my Guide!
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...t=golden+ratio

Banned

Quick question , we get nothing for at least building the world? Because it uses some rare stuff that i'd keep such as a crystal seed..

Jlacson

I myself is building a start world too. A simple thank you would be more than enough especially if the moderators themselves thanked us.

But I think I cant complete the events things. I only got 30 wls.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MissSwaggy View Post
    In START, There's a door leading to the Chinese version of start. I got some questions:

-Is it allowed to put extra doors there leading to other worlds? Because there's a door in the Chinese version of start that leads to other worlds.

-Aren't mods supposed to be holding those worlds?
    That's exactly why we're making these changes. We're working on it. Please be patient.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iLaggy View Post
    I have a question.
    I want to make a lithuanian world start but there is one already with the old design.
    Should i start making it?
    If yours is the first updated one, it will be used instead. I don't know if someone has submitted an updated version for Lithuanian yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheKill69 View Post
    Quick question , we get nothing for at least building the world? Because it uses some rare stuff that i'd keep such as a crystal seed..
    I believe i've already made it clear that there is no prize or reward. If you do it, do it because you want to help the community and like building worlds. If those aren't things you're interested in, no worries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    I could translate already existing copies into Russisan,German and or French.
    But Copying the World is simply too much of a awardless and laborious hazzle.
    Just create copies of the World, name them NewStartDE, NewStartRU and NewStartFR (...) and ask someone to translate them.
    Sounds like you're not interested in doing what we provided this information for. No problem. Have fun playing!
    Last edited by Solorien; 10-28-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Sounds like you're not interested in doing what we need. No problem. Have fun playing!
    I hope you understand that you are asking for free and thanksless work
    Well, good luck with your attidute

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    I hope you understand that you are asking for free and thanksless work
    Well, good luck with your attidute
    Whoa. There was NO attitude. I was kindly telling you that there's no obligation to create a START world. We didn't ASK anyone to create translation worlds. People asked us if they could do it. Begged us, in fact. This information is for those people. If you're not one of those people, this info isn't for you. It's all good. No attitude. No asking. Just info for those who want it.

Master Sorcerer

Well I don't understand why you make us, players improve your game for even less than free... We need to spend time to get items for world, we need to translate all and worst of all we need to make it exactly same!
    But well, I have made Lithuanian start, need just 4 more rooms of translations and will be done :-) Will post name after finishing!
    IGN: Zyberg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    Well I don't understand why you make us, players improve your game for even less than free... We need to spend time to get items for world, we need to translate all and worst of all we need to make it exactly same!
    But well, I have made Lithuanian start, need just 4 more rooms of translations and will be done :-) Will post name after finishing!
    We're not making anyone do anything. This thread is for people who WANT to do it. If you don't WANT to do it, don't. It's fine. We're cool.

Master Sorcerer

I meant, it's a bit weird that to improve game we need to spend our time (Okay, if no one would make START for some country you would just leave it, I know, y'all are cool). In my opinion Seth could have just made copies of START for every country and asked who want to translate it, I believe not a lot peoples really like to work for just a sign saying that they helped translate all text (you could count it as big volunteering already, if my information is not wrong peoples in real life get payment for translations of articles as long as all text is in START)...
    Isn't START supposed to be like tutorial for newbies, first place where they visit, where they learn about everything... And you make us feel like we need to build worlds using our items else no one would build it, in every game I have played developers spend their time to make tutorial in as much as they can languages and does not say for players that they need to pay if they want to have tutorial in their own language. I know growtopia avoids all "pay to win" and "freemium" aspects, but this makes me feel weird...

And I have built the world because I have all required items to do it, count it as help for someone else who would have spent his/her time to get all items.
    IGN: Zyberg

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    I meant, it's a bit weird that to improve game we need to spend our time (Okay, if no one would make START for some country you would just leave it, I know, y'all are cool). In my opinion Seth could have just made copies of START for every country and asked who want to translate it, I believe not a lot peoples really like to work for just a sign saying that they helped translate all text (you could count it as big volunteering already, if my information is not wrong peoples in real life get payment for translations of articles as long as all text is in START)...
    Isn't START supposed to be like tutorial for newbies, first place where they visit, where they learn about everything... And you make us feel like we need to build worlds using our items else no one would build it, in every game I have played developers spend their time to make tutorial in as much as they can languages and does not say for players that they need to pay if they want to have tutorial in their own language. I know growtopia avoids all "pay to win" and "freemium" aspects, but this makes me feel weird...

And I have built the world because I have all required items to do it, count it as help for someone else who would have spent his/her time to get all items.
    I don't find it weird at all. You don't have to be a developer or a moderator to help the game. If a player wishes to spend their time to help the game (their own country), so the new players can have a better understanding of the game (Some young foreign players don't understand English language and want to play with their friends, but they don't understand the controls for it).

-YeaItsMe
    -YeaItsMe

Does the world have to be EXACT copies? As if there are fire escapes, we have to use fire escapes and such?
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

My Growtopian username is DiamondX

Check out my Guide!
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...t=golden+ratio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I-Am-Legend View Post
    Does the world have to be EXACT copies? As if there are fire escapes, we have to use fire escapes and such?
    See any of the following posts that have already answered that question:

Now that we've updated our START, we are also updating the rules for having a translated world linked to START.
    - - -
    START WORLD RULES:

* Building your START world is entirely your responsibility. You will not be given free items. Mods and developers will not be able to help you build it.

* Your START world must be an ***EXACT*** (Yes, that means everything) copy of our START, only written in your own language. It may not have any extra doors to your other worlds. It may not have additional signs discussing your worlds or other players. It must be an EXACT copy.

* Your START world will not receive honors or WOTD or any other special prize.

* There is only one (1) START translation needed for each language. The first person to submit a translation world that meets all the requirements will be chosen.

* We will be checking your translations, so make sure that you are using appropriate language at all times.

* If we receive complaints about something in your START world - such as inappropriate language, bullying, or misinforming or cheating other players in some way - it will be removed and your account will be temporarily banned.

* If your world is chosen, we will remove your lock and place our own lock. This is because there have been too many people who have edited their worlds to scam other players after receiving a START link. We will give you a world lock and we will place a sign telling everyone that you are the translator.
    - - -

If you are still interested in making a START world translation, please let us know when it is completely done. Send an email including:
    - the name of the world
    - the name of the player who created it (no more than 3 names)

Please, do not send us this information until your world is 100% ready!

Thanks again for being willing to donate your time, energy and supplies to help other players! We look forward to seeing your START world translation!
    Yes, they do. If you currently have a START world, you should update it soon or it will be removed. If you aren't willing to have us lock your START world, it will also be removed. We are making them all the same because we've had so many complaints about the way some of them are taking advantage of players.
    They have to be exact copies.

Jlacson

Before posting on this thread:
    -Make sure that you wont complain about Solorien giving you rewards or stuffs like that.
    -Think before you act.

This is actually a great idea. Why? Because even if the mods/devs did translate it using translating websites, well it is still better if a person who came from that country translates it.

Why?

Because, our languages that we speak, we mastered it. Not even the translator can do. The viewers can easily understand it if the player from that specific country, translated it.

Guys, respect please

Quote Originally Posted by I-Am-Legend View Post
    If the game can be programmed to type in different languages, I'll gladly do Korean. Or I can do it Korean with english pronunciations.
    Eh were you Korean? I thought you were American looking at your level of English.
    BTW, I'm Korean, too.

- - - Updated - - -

We really need to be able to type other languages/characters on Growtopia.. It would be hard to make Korean, Chinese, Thai, or any other language that doesn't use alphabet.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

I'm making a Filipino One

im 11 and more mature than a 16 year old

anatole left, for petersbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurg!

Banned

Updated info... Any other locks you place in the world will be replaced by a mod or dev lock and returned to you if your world becomes a translation world. Obviously we can't world lock it if it has your locks in it.