Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Why does Growtopia Korea have a seperate forum and moderators?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Xat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    814

    Default Why does Growtopia Korea have a seperate forum and moderators?

    I've always wondered. Is it because they're bad at English? And why are there moderators there that aren't moderators in game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkon View Post
    Teens would be evil and might try to ban all of growtopia

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xat View Post
    Is it because they're bad at English?
    its because they dont speak english
    at all
    the moderators there probly speak there language and help them out

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Xat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smegles View Post
    its because they dont speak english
    at all
    the moderators there probly speak there language and help them out
    That makes sense. I wonder why Korea doesn't teach English? It's becoming the "Global Language".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkon View Post
    Teens would be evil and might try to ban all of growtopia

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xat View Post
    That makes sense. I wonder why Korea doesn't teach English? It's becoming the "Global Language".
    most of the people who play are young and cant speak english and havent got any classes that teach it
    why dont you learn korean?
    and spanish is the more global language

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    In a lonely corner.
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smegles View Post
    most of the people who play are young and cant speak english and havent got any classes that teach it
    why dont you learn korean?
    and spanish is the more global language
    You gotta be kidding me, sir.

    English has 508 million speakers.
    Spanish has 392 million speakers.

    Your statement is invalid.

    Source: http://dailynewsdig.com/top-ten-spok...es-world-2014/

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Shumentheny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    I'm learning Korean. Really can't focus on the Spanish classes in school. My teacher speaks in a Spanish accent and 2/3 of my class doesn't understand. Learning Korean along with Kpop.
    Build A Better Tomorrow Today.
    -Shumentheny

    Need Any Information About Me Visit My Profile.
    Visit Shumentheny's Profile

    Need Any Help Contact The Support.
    Support@growtopiagame.com

    Have Any Questions PM Me on Forums Or In Game.

    Need help with Coding? Visit my BBCode Guide:
    BBCode Guide


    Always Kpop!
    http://www.resizemypicture.com/resiz...name=image.jpg

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, sir.

    English has 508 million speakers.
    Spanish has 392 million speakers.

    Your statement is invalid.

    Source: http://dailynewsdig.com/top-ten-spok...es-world-2014/
    then my spanish teacher lied

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer JiHwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Being a Korean myself, I don't really see a reason why it exists. Koreans had already built up their own forums in what we call 'cafes'.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Shumentheny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xat View Post
    That makes sense. I wonder why Korea doesn't teach English? It's becoming the "Global Language".
    No, when you start learning Korean you will notice most Korean words comes from English. For example, Banana is pronounced Panana. Sounds alike.
    Build A Better Tomorrow Today.
    -Shumentheny

    Need Any Information About Me Visit My Profile.
    Visit Shumentheny's Profile

    Need Any Help Contact The Support.
    Support@growtopiagame.com

    Have Any Questions PM Me on Forums Or In Game.

    Need help with Coding? Visit my BBCode Guide:
    BBCode Guide


    Always Kpop!
    http://www.resizemypicture.com/resiz...name=image.jpg

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer JiHwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smegles View Post
    then my spanish teacher lied
    :spoiler: b**ch :spoiler/:
    Fun fact : Mandarin is the most spoken language since it has 955 million native speakers.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Shumentheny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JiHwan View Post
    Being a Korean myself, I don't really see a reason why it exists. Koreans had already built up their own forums in what we call 'cafes'.
    Korean is actually easy when you get into it.
    Build A Better Tomorrow Today.
    -Shumentheny

    Need Any Information About Me Visit My Profile.
    Visit Shumentheny's Profile

    Need Any Help Contact The Support.
    Support@growtopiagame.com

    Have Any Questions PM Me on Forums Or In Game.

    Need help with Coding? Visit my BBCode Guide:
    BBCode Guide


    Always Kpop!
    http://www.resizemypicture.com/resiz...name=image.jpg

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JiHwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shumentheny View Post
    No, when you start learning Korean you will notice most Korean words comes from English. For example, Banana is pronounced Panana. Sounds alike.
    Actually, most Korean words come from Chinese in that sense. Most Korean words are cynokorean, which means they are originated from Chinese.
    I am pretty sure more than 80% of Korean comes from Chinese. Also, it is pronounced Banana, 바나나, not Panana is 파나나

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shumentheny View Post
    Korean is actually easy when you get into it.
    That's not related to what I said.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Shumentheny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JiHwan View Post
    Actually, most Korean words come from Chinese in that sense. Most Korean words are cynokorean, which means they are originated from Chinese.
    I am pretty sure more than 80% of Korean comes from Chinese. Also, it is pronounced Banana, 바나나, not Panana is 파나나
    I know it just sounds like that. It's easy to learn Korean because I know both Chinese and English. Kpop is another tool to learn from.
    Build A Better Tomorrow Today.
    -Shumentheny

    Need Any Information About Me Visit My Profile.
    Visit Shumentheny's Profile

    Need Any Help Contact The Support.
    Support@growtopiagame.com

    Have Any Questions PM Me on Forums Or In Game.

    Need help with Coding? Visit my BBCode Guide:
    BBCode Guide


    Always Kpop!
    http://www.resizemypicture.com/resiz...name=image.jpg

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JiHwan View Post
    Fun fact : Mandarin is the most spoken language since it has 955 million native speakers.
    like the orange
    those oranges area delish so i can see why the language be popula

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Shumentheny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JiHwan View Post
    Actually, most Korean words come from Chinese in that sense. Most Korean words are cynokorean, which means they are originated from Chinese.
    I am pretty sure more than 80% of Korean comes from Chinese. Also, it is pronounced Banana, 바나나, not Panana is 파나나

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's not related to what I said.
    Sorry just realize I pressed on the wrong tab. My bad.
    Build A Better Tomorrow Today.
    -Shumentheny

    Need Any Information About Me Visit My Profile.
    Visit Shumentheny's Profile

    Need Any Help Contact The Support.
    Support@growtopiagame.com

    Have Any Questions PM Me on Forums Or In Game.

    Need help with Coding? Visit my BBCode Guide:
    BBCode Guide


    Always Kpop!
    http://www.resizemypicture.com/resiz...name=image.jpg

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer JiHwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smegles View Post
    like the orange
    those oranges area delish so i can see why the language be popula
    Not funny.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, sir.

    English has 508 million speakers.
    Spanish has 392 million speakers.

    Your statement is invalid.

    Source: http://dailynewsdig.com/top-ten-spok...es-world-2014/
    Wuhhh? How is that possible if there are only 7 million people in the world?
    Lel

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, sir.

    English has 508 million speakers.
    Spanish has 392 million speakers.

    Your statement is invalid.

    Source: http://dailynewsdig.com/top-ten-spok...es-world-2014/
    actually,the most spoken language is mandarin,Why?,because China speaks it,'nuff said.(If you didn't know,there is over 1 billion people in China)




    I'm Done

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer JiHwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    actually,the most spoken language is mandarin,Why?,because China speaks it,'nuff said.(If you didn't know,there is over 1 billion people in China)
    That's what I said already.
    IGN : Perma
    When I see a Spam thread:

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Krazynewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    I'll give you a simple answer, a lot of people wanted this new subforum so when it was made especially Koreans liked it. There are different moderators because they can speak pretty fluently in Korean. If you want to get onto the other side of Growtopia get your over glorified google translator and go to Growtopia Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    But bro, why does a middle-aged man working at a carnival need 14 fishnet stockings?

    - Avatar by Oscur

    GrowID: Krazynewb

Similar Threads

  1. i just have growtopia liife in GROWTOPIA KOREA FORUM cafe.
    By rotc3495 in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
  2. Design of Korean Forum Banner... (Seth) and about korea forum,vbulletin
    By youwhang in forum Growtopia Tavern (Off Topic)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
  3. Hello! Do you know Korea growtopia forum?
    By Beenzino in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •