Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Anti-Scam/Scam Fail Videos", This one in particular...

Default "Anti-Scam/Scam Fail Videos", This one in particular...

Alright, so I've seen a TON of anti-scam videos, and most of them seem..fake.

Sometimes, it's obvious that the video was fake/setup:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZlp5b1WqjA
    (He had like 5 whole seconds to steal the item..)
    Yet, 50k+ views.

And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG3QzQGDUwk
    Yet, 110k+ views.

It seems to me that these youtube videos, are growing the culture in a way, promoting "anti-scamming".

-----------------------------------------------------

But there's this one video in particular that gets on my nerves.

This "500 WL scam fail".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnWLVMB5-s

Yes, it looks like he successfully scams 500 wl.
    But wait! There's more!

At 3:00, he proceeds to do a "drop game" on the "scammer".
    He tricks the "scammer" by asking him to drop a dl, and he will return the item back. So the "scammer" (At this point, the video is obviously fake. What kind of person who managed to get 5 dl, would be tricked into dropping another dl to get their items back?) drops his dl, and Melts picks it up, and scams him.

Aside from a personality in the video, Melts plays a version of a "drop game" and scams 1 dl. Isn't this a bannable offense?

Yet, 90,000+ views and 400+ likes from people who actually believe this and agree to this?

Opinions?

Lesser Wizard

Yes, I agree with you Yoshi, but remember the type of community we are dealing with!

Just as some may lie and cheat their way to richness, they lie and cheat their way to stardom with fake videos!

And if you noticed, the richest people and most famous are not scammers and got to the top their own way and honestly which makes their journey more amazing!

Same goes with youtubers, those videos may be popular, but they are not as famous as maybe Cocomonkey, Wicker10, JackBowe, and others because Coco and the others make legit videos that are fun to watch and are also genuine.

Bottom Line: Stick to what you are doing BL! You're doing great so far with your channel, it will become very popular soon!

*As a suggestion maybe use your own voice? That other voice sounds kinda robotic (no offense)
    Goals:

Have 1k pinball farm. [1/1]
    Get One MEEElion Achievement. [1/1]
    Make a WOTD world. [0/1]
    Get a ring. [1/10]
    Get 1500 World Locks Pure. [1500/1500]
    Get Focused Eyes. [16/100]
    Get Phoenix Wings. [1/1]
    Get Golden Angel Wings. [0/1]
    Get Legendary Title. [0/1]
    Own Trade, Nasdaq, and Seediary. [3/3] /troll

IGN: iFrugal

Quote Originally Posted by iFrugal View Post
    Yes, I agree with you Yoshi, but remember the type of community we are dealing with!

Just as some may lie and cheat their way to richness, they lie and cheat their way to stardom with fake videos!

And if you noticed, the richest people and most famous are not scammers and got to the top their own way and honestly which makes their journey more amazing!

Same goes with youtubers, those videos may be popular, but they are not as famous as maybe Cocomonkey, Wicker10, JackBowe, and others because Coco and the others make legit videos that are fun to watch and are also genuine.

Bottom Line: Stick to what you are doing BL! You're doing great so far with your channel, it will become very popular soon!

*As a suggestion maybe use your own voice? That other voice sounds kinda robotic (no offense)
    I won't be doing the robot voice anymore, at least for a while lol. I just had to use it to parody Wicker

I no speak English goodly.

I tried to scam fail once and I lost 5 wls.

Just a bunch of stupid you-tubers trying to get views so they get like 5 cents a week.
    I QUIT

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BLYoshi View Post
    I won't be doing the robot voice anymore, at least for a while lol. I just had to use it to parody Wicker

I no speak English goodly.
    Oh you don't live in the US? I thought I saw a Japanese flag next your name before lol. You write good english at least, practice a lil more and you will sound like a pro youtuber in no time!
    Goals:

Have 1k pinball farm. [1/1]
    Get One MEEElion Achievement. [1/1]
    Make a WOTD world. [0/1]
    Get a ring. [1/10]
    Get 1500 World Locks Pure. [1500/1500]
    Get Focused Eyes. [16/100]
    Get Phoenix Wings. [1/1]
    Get Golden Angel Wings. [0/1]
    Get Legendary Title. [0/1]
    Own Trade, Nasdaq, and Seediary. [3/3] /troll

IGN: iFrugal

Banned

As stated before, moderators cannot punish a scam — especially when presented "evidence" reveals absolutely no such occurrence — unless it is wittnessed first-hand. Technically, it is illegal. Although, no one is there to stop the player(s), so nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    As stated before, moderators cannot punish a scam — especially when presented "evidence" reveals absolutely no such occurrence — unless it is wittnessed first-hand. Technically, it is illegal. Although, no one is there to stop the player(s), so nothing happens.
    I'm not asking you this.

If I were, I would have posted this thread in this subforum: http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...s-and-Problems

My point is, it's disappointing on how these "youtubers" can influence thousands of players on thinking that tricking scammers ("The bad guys") into getting scammed is a "good thing". Shameful, really.

Default BLYoshi

Hey I so agree with you. He did scam the "scammer" and he thinks just because he's popular and famous he can do that without being banned eventually he will be banned. I 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% Agree with you...

Banned

I'm not asking you this.

If I were, I would have posted this thread in this subforum: http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...s-and-Problems

My point is, it's disappointing on how these "youtubers" can influence thousands of players on thinking that tricking scammers ("The bad guys") into getting scammed is a "good thing". Shameful, really.
    Oh, sorry. I thought you were asking a question at the end of the ninth paragraph — but you knew the answer obviously.

The actual topic at hand can be summarized in ADMex's signature: Growtopians are sheep. They will do whatever they see the over-grandiose title, YouTubers, doing. In my opinion, the anti-scamming isn't the main problem, but it still isn't right. The actual problem, according to my beliefs, are the influence of YouTubers, truthfully only so in name. Suppose someone made a video of them trolling a player by blatantly, repeatedly bashing them. The eight year olds will go around doing the same. I concur, then. The media of YouTube used to express such negative behaviors is wrong. Even if it is for purposes that are harmless such as entertainment, the seemingly unscrupulous children (or so we think they are based on their behavior — honestly, teens know better) will most likely carry out such actions advertised by their YouTuber of choice.

As for the YouTubers that make creative vids — good luck! Hopefully there will be more of you out there someday!

Lesser Wizard

True for the drop game part.
    I also bet most of you would change your opinion on this topic if you've gained as much as he did with this method.
    I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
    Stupidity amuses me. That's why people here make me laugh as if I am in a circus.

I agree I don't even think it is an entertaining watch

Ps great video you just uploaded
    IGN: GhengisKhan
    Level: 44

Art done by Parpul/purple85

Banned
    Shipping Parpul and Aquarious while devouring some coffee cake.

Yet, 50k+ views.

Yet, 110k+ views.

It seems to me that these youtube videos, are growing the culture in a way, promoting "anti-scamming".

This "500 WL scam fail".

But wait! There's more!

He tricks the "scammer" by asking him to drop a dl, and he will return the item back. So the "scammer" (At this point, the video is obviously fake. What kind of person who managed to get 5 dl, would be tricked into dropping another dl to get their items back?) drops his dl, and Melts picks it up, and scams him.

Aside from a personality in the video, Melts plays a version of a "drop game" and scams 1 dl. Isn't this a bannable offense?

Yet, 90,000+ views and 400+ likes from people who actually believe this and agree to this?

Opinions?
    In the comments, he replied that he gave the 1 dl back.

Most scam fails video is full of and full of crappy junks.

Suck their uploaders..
    Their uploaders are so greedy over fame that i wanna make them get suspended.
    GT IGN: XDCorezz
    Vain Glory IGN: XDCorezz
    Other games IGN: Matchitza
    Latest Video:

It's all fun and games until the "anti-scam partner" betrays the youtuber and actually takes the world locks.
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

My Growtopian username is DiamondX

Check out my Guide!
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...t=golden+ratio

Fun fact Anti-scamming is illegal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Will View Post
    Fun fact Anti-scamming is illegal.
    Nope, as when you buy a world you get rights to everything in it, including items. If you buy a car, it comes with the whole thing, not just the body without the wheels/engine/etc.

I checked Melts' video, he's obviously doing a trust test/scam back at him, and people are getting INSPIRED by him and will do the same! Really surprised he wasn't banned, I guess it was because 'Vidio pwoof" is illegal.

Some of them are fake, I don't like it.
    Growtopia IGN: Festivity
    Discord: Festivity#3737

オリジナルdp「さやミルキー」

It's so unoriginal, it's disgusting.

At least dares are funny, and surprisingly music videos aren't redundant. We do need more animations tho, like GRODOG. That VOTW was awesome.
    Whoa! I'm back, physically but not in spirit.
    IGN: Areodax - Discord: Areodax#4384
    Main World: THEMOONCAKEFARMS

My Stand can store heat in a single point.

Yet, 50k+ views.

Yet, 110k+ views.

This "500 WL scam fail".

But wait! There's more!

Opinions?
    Yes this gets on my nerves as well... people who actually spend time on their videos and edit it carefully and make good content don't get as much views as videos like this........
    Check out my channel: ShirukaX!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2p..._Hxe1s56Bj4gog
    Check out my latest video!

TL;DR: Scam Fails are fake and sucks