Thread: When Did Word Locks Become The Main Currency?

Default When Did Word Locks Become The Main Currency?

If I am not mistaken, in the app store one of the points mentioned was that you play with a earnable, single-game currency, which would be gems.
    So when did 'world locks' become the main use of trading? Was it that in the past, people considered owning a greater number of worlds more precious? There's not much use to word lock besides to achieve that purpose.
    Hence, why are they so precious? If something else was different in history, would something be considered as the other main currency?

Any first-generation Growtopians can enlighten me?
    Somewhere beyond a clearing, in a magical forest, resides a obscure recluse...

Maybe if gems were made tradeable?
    IGN: Shawntastic. [Used to be MagicalOSIM/ Vorago]

I am currently a 17 y/o Singaporean student undergoing a diploma in Accountancy. Follow my instagram @Shawntasti.c if you wish to stalk me.

Quote Originally Posted by LukePro View Post
    If I am not mistaken, in the app store one of the points mentioned was that you play with a earnable, single-game currency, which would be gems.
    So when did 'world locks' become the main use of trading? Was it that in the past, people considered owning a greater number of worlds more precious? There's not much use to word lock besides to achieve that purpose.
    Hence, why are they so precious? If something else was different in history, would something be considered as the other main currency?

Any first-generation Growtopians can enlighten me?
    If i'm not wrong, it was the most expensive item back then before the "Awesome Items!" section was added and thus, was used for trading.

But i'm no first-gen player. World lock trading has always been around for me

http://i.imgur.com/K2u8bIJ.gif