Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: False Positive? AVAST!

  1. #1
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ph.
    Posts
    50

    Lightbulb False Positive? AVAST!

    Pray tell me, I'm not the only one with this problem.

    Anyway, Avast has been claiming a false positive, I think, on GrowtopiaInstaller.exe and it's been grinding my gears for I cannot play on my pc since then. I can still play when I'm on my mobile phone, but that's a different story. I somehow started this thread since I want to know what others think about this. Honestly, I don't know what to do. I'm not very updated in regards to these kind of topics. Someone kindly message me if they've experienced the same and if they already reported it. Cheers!



    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 38
Size:  22.2 KB
    Last edited by Sasseh; 07-19-2015 at 03:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Turn around.
    Posts
    122

    Default

    It's a false positive. AVAST simply isn't good. Get 360 Security and/or Malware-Bytes.

    I suppose it says that it's a positive because it has links to websites in it, otherwise, I have no idea.

    In any case, Growtopia isn't malware.

  3. #3
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ph.
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolibob Allgames View Post
    It's a false positive. AVAST simply isn't good. Get 360 Security and/or Malware-Bytes.

    I suppose it says that it's a positive because it has links to websites in it, otherwise, I have no idea.

    In any case, Growtopia isn't malware.
    I really want this to be fixed without changing my antivirus.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard Skymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Hello! So you want to download Growtopia and Avast blocks it? Ya? So you need to disable your Avast shield for 10 mins etc. And then install Growtopia. Once is Growtopia installed Avast may not block it.
    Hope this helps!

    Skymonster
    IGN: skymonster

    Always help people, be kind, be respectful!
    Never give up! You most keep going on! You can do it! Don't let your dreams go!
    #StopDon'tDrop

    Need help? Email support@growtopiagame.com

  5. #5
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ph.
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skymonster View Post
    Hello! So you want to download Growtopia and Avast blocks it? Ya? So you need to disable your Avast shield for 10 mins etc. And then install Growtopia. Once is Growtopia installed Avast may not block it.
    Hope this helps!

    Skymonster
    Yes. Actually, I found that out minutes ago before I saw your reply. Cheers, mate! Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasseh View Post
    Pray tell me, I'm not the only one with this problem.

    Anyway, Avast has been claiming a false positive, I think, on GrowtopiaInstaller.exe and it's been grinding my gears for I cannot play on my pc since then. I can still play when I'm on my mobile phone, but that's a different story. I somehow started this thread since I want to know what others think about this. Honestly, I don't know what to do. I'm not very updated in regards to these kind of topics. Someone kindly message me if they've experienced the same and if they already reported it. Cheers!



    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 38
Size:  22.2 KB
    So, I've had some help on this problem! If any are interested, read on.

    If you have problems with your Avast antivirus with it claiming a false positive, I suggest you disable it for 10 minutes and try to download the installer once more. Problem solved! If you want the harder way out, you could try installing different antivirus. Ta!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •