Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-Mods

Thank you all for your acceptance! I will now address some of your posts and some of the holes in my idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player3D3 View Post
    This is a not bad idea. The issue would still com down to weather or not the peoplr chosen will be able to handle the power given to them. A user with this "Mini Mod" Power can still do major damage.
    Seth and Hamumu have proven that they're more than capable of choosing moderators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinidiot View Post
    Better Mini-Mod Powers:

Mini-Moderators can go invisible.
    They can go through walls.
    They get more popular.
    But they can't punish people, they need to be a moderator.
    I don't really think that. The first 2 are fine, yes. How can you bust a drop game if they see you? But now that I think about it, your 2nd point is good. They shouldn't be able to go through walls. The third point is way off. The whole point of my idea is people who are fit to help and care about the players would get the position. Fame and fortune aren't a part of the deal.

Finally, there's no point in mini-mods if they're just glorified popular players.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinidiot View Post
    Mini-Moderators are almost the same as Moderators.
    I think by my explanation they're way different.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazychar View Post
    ;I think if they made mini mods, they should not be able to turn invisible, but can still go though walls
    I think the exact opposite but to each his own I guess.
    But, they can duct tape, not curse because mini mods would be easy to get, and you would not want one to go corrupt now would you?
    Nope, cursing would be one of their powers so they can punish the wicked. It would certainly NOT be easy to get. The process would be the same as for being a regular mod, but to see if you're cut out for it. Only the most helpful and caring players would be mini-mods.

But if mini mods could not punish, what's the point... they would use it selfishly....
    Yes, the point here is work for nothing in return because YOU want to.
    Because its an easy rank to get, they could sneak into giveaways and steal everything because mod orator is rely hard to get, you will become trusted, but most people could get mini easier so they would be less trusted
    Nah, it wouldn't be easy to get. But they shouldn't be able to go through walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    I think they should be able to curse for 10 minutes or less. And if they /MSG a mod, it would be easier to notice by having some other sound effects or if there is a problem, or the pm could actually pop-up on the screen of whoever the pm is sent to.
    Good ideas. But, I think it should be 2500 minutes maximum. Also, if they just messaged Moderators, there's no point, is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cade83 View Post
    This is a great idea. And maybe it should be that you have to have proven yourself as a Mini-Mod before you can become a mod? But then again, if they can't punish players, then the players will have no reason to fear them, therefore the scammers would begin scamming again when a MiniMod is online.
    Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head
    uh-oh

Bada-bing bada-boom, when I walk in I'm the king of the room.

Banned

What they should do is Make two seperate things like that except make it like Admins and Mods, upgrade some of the mods to Admin and get more Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Morphieus View Post
    What they should do is Make two seperate things like that except make it like Admins and Mods, upgrade some of the mods to Admin and get more Mods
    Sounds positive to me!

(How about each mod in-game will get a separate section to maintain, like for 'example";

@ModX; Takes care of all the frauds' activities
    @ModX1; Takes responsibility of all the drop events backed up with 3 other partners
    @ModX2; Shows interest and offers solutions during griefed cases or protection to be safe for griefers
    @ModX3; Is for the advice on how to change your password etc.
    @ModX4; Controls the punished growtopians and to make sure they sit out their full prison time.

Each moderator will have more time to be more of use by a certain victim. Except by the drop activities where partners of +3 are required.

Default maybe..

Maybe mini mods shouldnt have any special personalization on their names :/.Cause if they go in a room filled with dropgames everyone playing will just freak when seeing their name and just leave, so you cant apprehend the rule breakers :/
    Hi, I'm Lolliesaur!I like lollipops (And pie!)

Arrow That is why..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Tan View Post
    Maybe mini mods shouldnt have any special personalization on their names :/.Cause if they go in a room filled with dropgames everyone playing will just freak when seeing their name and just leave, so you cant apprehend the rule breakers :/
    This is why they would be able to go invisible. Undetected by the Drop Game Host and Scammers.
    Joined Growtopia January 11, 2013
    Growtopia Google+ Page [UNOFFICIAL]
    Guide to giving others Acess
    Keeping Your Account Secure
    http://www.auplod.com/u/podlau72c02.png
    Clocking at: 3100 Hours of Growtopia.
    -Player3D3[/FONT]
    #2.0Growtopian

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Tan View Post
    Mods do have an invisible mode aswell so they can go to world in there user name before they picked a new one or the same one and see who is disobeying the rules

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    Sounds positive to me!

(How about each mod in-game will get a separate section to maintain, like for 'example";

@ModX; Takes care of all the frauds' activities
    @ModX1; Takes responsibility of all the drop events backed up with 3 other partners
    @ModX2; Shows interest and offers solutions during griefed cases or protection to be safe for griefers
    @ModX3; Is for the advice on how to change your password etc.
    @ModX4; Controls the punished growtopians and to make sure they sit out their full prison time.

Each moderator will have more time to be more of use by a certain victim. Except by the drop activities where partners of +3 are required.
    I don't think that would work. The point of being one is so that you can handle most things yourself, if you're fit to do so.
    uh-oh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SlaSHadow View Post
    I don't think that would work. The point of being one is so that you can handle most things yourself, if you're fit to do so.
    There is also logistics because there ay be 4-5 drop games at one time and one person can't handle it all also a mod may be offline and there no substitute for them...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMonster View Post
    There is also logistics because there ay be 4-5 drop games at one time and one person can't handle it all also a mod may be offline and there no substitute for them...
    The point is, mini-mods are a way to cover MORE time. If the idea is implemented there will be 3-4 people with power on at any given time.

I'd like to paint a vivid image to help you better understand.

Imagine Growtopia as a city. The city is on fire, all of it. There are 13 firefighters.

There are people trapped in the buildings. They carry hoses, extinguishers. They can't get out.

All they can do is tell the firefighters to extinguish flames.

Even though these citizens have the desire and assets to help, they can't.

Get what I'm saying?
    uh-oh

Banned

The point is, mini-mods are a way to cover MORE time. If the idea is implemented there will be 3-4 people with power on at any given time.

I'd like to paint a vivid image to help you better understand.

Imagine Growtopia as a city. The city is on fire, all of it. There are 13 firefighters.

There are people trapped in the buildings. They carry hoses, extinguishers. They can't get out.

All they can do is tell the firefighters to extinguish flames.

Even though these citizens have the desire and assets to help, they can't.

Get what I'm saying?
    Hmm I Do See Your Argument But People Have Different Opinions...
    At The End Of The Day It's Just A Game Made For Fun And Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMonster View Post
    Hmm I Do See Your Argument But People Have Different Opinions...
    At The End Of The Day It's Just A Game Made For Fun And Entertainment
    Of course! But that's the purpose of the game. Some people abuse the system, cheat and steal. I think we need more people stopping this. i like having fun but if other people are getting scammed or people are misbehaving, I think we need to fix it.

And this could be the answer.
    uh-oh

Too good an idea. Bump.
    For confused people, my IGN is Quackerino.

Another bump. Also, notice that this morning there was a tremendous rise in rule breakers due to only @Aimster being online. This further proves the need of mini mods.
    (Sorry forgot this is not history essay...)
    For confused people, my IGN is Quackerino.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaterZ View Post
    Another bump. Also, notice that this morning there was a tremendous rise in rule breakers due to only @Aimster being online. This further proves the need of mini mods.
    (Sorry forgot this is not history essay...)
    Exactly. I'm glad there is usually about 1 mods on, but that's not enough. For some reason, it seems like there are always either 5 mods or just 1. And when it's just 1, it sure gets hectic. There are 13 Moderators, but I think they're understaffed. Some mods have gotten busy or have moved on.
    uh-oh

Added extra info to OP.
    uh-oh

I like this idea actually.
    Not that anyone is going to quit, but it gives the player a chance to feel what it is like being a mod, and they can continue or just stop.
    No longer a Growtopian, but still remembering the good old days.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-signature.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The11Who View Post
    I like this idea actually.
    Not that anyone is going to quit, but it gives the player a chance to feel what it is like being a mod, and they can continue or just stop.
    I wouldn't call it a chance. Seth and Hamumu would pick them just as they'd pick any other mod. It'd be the same amount of responsibility.
    uh-oh

I wouldn't call it a chance. Seth and Hamumu would pick them just as they'd pick any other mod. It'd be the same amount of responsibility.
    Okay okay I think we are on a different level.

I meant it as;
    They give them a CHANCE to feel what it feels like a mod, if they can take on the responsibility.
    Some people don't like getting spammed and followed everytime they are in a world... People can reject the option giving by the Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by The11Who View Post
    Okay okay I think we are on a different level.

I meant it as;
    They give them a CHANCE to feel what it feels like a mod, if they can take on the responsibility.
    Some people don't like getting spammed and followed everytime they are in a world... People can reject the option giving by the Devs.
    Ah, I get it now. They should have the option to change their minds if they want.
    uh-oh

Ah, I get it now. They should have the option to change their minds if they want.
    Yeahhhhh!!

I should really improve my English -.-''
    Aw well, a B on my report card for English is good enough for me.