Thread: Galactic Seeds are currently farmable - Onisim's Genie Duplication Glitch

Lesser Wizard

Default Galactic Seeds are currently farmable - Onisim's Genie Duplication Glitch

OK at a quick glance I have not seen a thread dedicated to this ridiculous glitch where players have duplicating Onisim's Genies and Galactics Seeds!

So here's what some players have been doing...

Splice a Genie tree by planting a Galactic Seed + Table Lamp

If you get 3 or 4 on your tree, use a hand scythe and double the drop to 6 or 8.

Use a Compactor from Locke and compact your Genie giving you an 80% chance of getting a Galatic Seed or even a Onisim's Genie Seed and repeat! Some players have made 30-50 galactic seeds and many Genie Seeds by doing this. Plant Genie, use hand scythe on 3-4 trees, compact and repeat!

The duplication glitch has led to some players making well over 100dls by selling Galactic Seeds and Genie Seeds which have actually recently flooded the marketplace.

Bretz (owner of Honors) is likely aware of the glitch and prices on all galactic items should rapidly be adjusted way down until this is fixed.

If you recall, the devs quickly patched the glitch on the crystal item duplication a while back but the damage had already been done. It will be interesting to see what happens here. Surely it cannot be the intention of the developers to continue to allow Galactic Seeds to be farmable. Also, Genie Seeds are NOT glitch seeds so don't pay ridiculous prices as they are currently being cranked out by players exploiting the loophole by using a compactor and the hand scythe. Facepalm to the devs on this one!

Master Sorcerer

Hamumus wonnderful judgement

*nerfs scythe to items less than 100 rarity so you cant make 160 wls off a mammoth/r wings/ice calf tree*

Lets a tree thats immediatly quadrupels your profits live

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyFish View Post
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...74#post1860974

Tk69s thread on the exact same thing ^

Read what hamumu said
    Thanks. I just read Hamumus comment. I agree with most of his response. I don't agree with how high the probability (programming error?) of getting a Galactic Seed refund from the Compactor, so high in fact, that the Galactic Seeds became farmable or mass producible in the process. It just makes little sense to take a super rare items and destroy their value... and the only reason this happened was the human input in the programming by the devs. Surely using a hand scythe and the compactor is not at all a mystery or rocket science. The same was originally done with sabers but eventually it seems the refund chance of getting a crystal seed was nerfed. But the fact that the seed refund probability is so high was not the result of clever play... It's the result of poor programming. Oh unless of course it was intended to be eventually exploited.. I just don't buy that explanation. Sorry being honest.

Master Sorcerer

If hamumu changed everything, everyone who "abused" this will now have a ton of an item thats 100x times harder to get now, but if he lets things go on there own the items price will drop and Everything will be fine (My opinion)
    Maybe i like having items to be rare for braggin rights

Some people want challenge to be in the game

If hamumu changed everything, everyone who "abused" this will now have a ton of an item thats 100x times harder to get now, but if he lets things go on there own the items price will drop and Everything will be fine (My opinion)
    I kinda agree with you
    But still, there is always those people who didn't even have enough wls or material to start using this "exploit"
    Not to mention now gathering antimatter dust isn't needed anymore, and unless those people stop doing this exploit galactic seed price are gonna be dropping to probably almost the same price as star seed IMO
    <<<<By Beagle>>>>

IGN : JOEright

This song gives me the feels..

Hamumu might nerf the sycthe again down to rarity 50 ... freaking glitches
    Owner Of BSR . your anime Song World In Growtopia

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Hamumu might nerf the sycthe again down to rarity 50 ... freaking glitches
    or just increase the galactic seeds rarity

Remember this glitch is normal game mechanics

People have been doing the same thing for a while just not as bad cus no scythes

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by ehawke View Post
    OK at a quick glance I have not seen a thread dedicated to this ridiculous glitch where players have duplicating Onisim's Genies and Galactics Seeds!

So here's what some players have been doing...

Splice a Genie tree by planting a Galactic Seed + Table Lamp

If you get 3 or 4 on your tree, use a hand scythe and double the drop to 6 or 8.

Use a Compactor from Locke and compact your Genie giving you an 80% chance of getting a Galatic Seed or even a Onisim's Genie Seed and repeat! Some players have made 30-50 galactic seeds and many Genie Seeds by doing this. Plant Genie, use hand scythe on 3-4 trees, compact and repeat!

The duplication glitch has led to some players making well over 100dls by selling Galactic Seeds and Genie Seeds which have actually recently flooded the marketplace.

Bretz (owner of Honors) is likely aware of the glitch and prices on all galactic items should rapidly be adjusted way down until this is fixed.

If you recall, the devs quickly patched the glitch on the crystal item duplication a while back but the damage had already been done. It will be interesting to see what happens here. Surely it cannot be the intention of the developers to continue to allow Galactic Seeds to be farmable. Also, Genie Seeds are NOT glitch seeds so don't pay ridiculous prices as they are currently being cranked out by players exploiting the loophole by using a compactor and the hand scythe. Facepalm to the devs on this one!
    It's not a glitch, and our prices are well adjusted based on what's happening to them. If you happen to have compacted tons of a single item before, you would clearly notice that there are assigned probabilities on the possible items you will get from compacting. Taking genie as an example, the possible scraps out of it are: Genie seed, Galactic seed, Table lamp seed, Table lamp, gems, garbage, much too small shirt variety, patchwork quilt, and tiny red skirt. I might have missed out something but as observed from having compacted tons of Moon boots before, I noticed that the two seeds you mixed have high chances of being the scraps you'll get from compacting the clothing - either the seed or the block of those two items.

Some data examples:

So it's really no wonder how people can easily "mass produce" genies to get galactic seeds from compacting them. Not all can do this but yet, it did have a huge effect on all comet items.

The price of galactic seed depends on the price of hand scythe. Hand scythe will rise with galactic seed once harvest ends, therefore there is no game breaking exploit.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    The price of galactic seed depends on the price of hand scythe. Hand scythe will rise with galactic seed once harvest ends, therefore there is no game breaking exploit.

Well, when players are running around selling 30-50 galactic seeds for 350-400wls each in Vending Madhines and can instantly make 100-200 DLs by investing in a handful of hand scythes, it just seems that it goes against the spirit of Growtopia. Becoming wealthly by being opportunistic is fine by me... Building mega wealth in a matter of days because you suddenly discover a way to mass produce a difficult to obtain item due to a coding error (yes I believe it was unintentional) is just wrong. I would consider this "abnormal game mechanics" Especially in a game where real people can spend real money to purchase gems in order to purchase world locks in order to purchase virtual items. This type game mechanics walks the line in maintaining the integrity of the game I have come to know.

Banned

This is far from a glitch (and DEFINITELY not an error! Everything is functioning precisely as it's set to). You guys seem to be ignoring the extreme rarity and value of scythes, which have to be used up to do this. Scythes have always been amazing game-changing devices. That remains true. You have to use them up to get their effect, and people charge a fortune for them. I suspect this little kerfuffle has chewed through a LOT of them, and their value will be going up! If the genie was previously valued very highly, I'm sure it will come down now as it is more common, which is in-line with its rarity, right? It shouldn't be as valuable as a rarity 160 item, if rarity is to be meaningful.

I'm not saying we planned for this particular thing to happen - just like you, we discover new interactions between items out of the blue and at random. But it doesn't break the game even a TINY bit. The economy is perfectly intact and healthy. This happens when any new pack is released - people pay a totally insane price for the items just because they're new, some people make a fortune, and then it settles out. Same deal here. The Genie is not a new item, but it's new that people have discovered how to get a lot of them. No harm done, really.

An item is not "farmable" if you have to use scythes to farm it. Scythes are expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    This is far from a glitch (and DEFINITELY not an error! Everything is functioning precisely as it's set to). You guys seem to be ignoring the extreme rarity and value of scythes, which have to be used up to do this. Scythes have always been amazing game-changing devices. That remains true. You have to use them up to get their effect, and people charge a fortune for them. I suspect this little kerfuffle has chewed through a LOT of them, and their value will be going up! If the genie was previously valued very highly, I'm sure it will come down now as it is more common, which is in-line with its rarity, right? It shouldn't be as valuable as a rarity 160 item, if rarity is to be meaningful.

I'm not saying we planned for this particular thing to happen - just like you, we discover new interactions between items out of the blue and at random. But it doesn't break the game even a TINY bit. The economy is perfectly intact and healthy. This happens when any new pack is released - people pay a totally insane price for the items just because they're new, some people make a fortune, and then it settles out. Same deal here. The Genie is not a new item, but it's new that people have discovered how to get a lot of them. No harm done, really.

An item is not "farmable" if you have to use scythes to farm it. Scythes are expensive!
    Exactly!

Once harvest ends, scythes will rise along with galactic seeds.

Everyone complained when they made scythes useless, now you complain when they are useful.
    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

iShortness

Quote Originally Posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
    Exactly!

Once harvest ends, scythes will rise along with galactic seeds.

Everyone complained when they made scythes useless, now you complain when they are useful.
    And, I guess this will make the genies just as rare again?