Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Rly.

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceKane View Post
    Since you did prove my use of the word stereotype wrong, let me prove your definition of threaten wrong.
    (verb) state one's intention to take hostile action against someone in retribution for something done or not done.
    (verb) express one's intention to harm or kill (someone).
    (verb) cause (someone or something) to be vulnerable or at risk; endanger

    Now, look at all those definitions. In each and every meaning to "threaten", there is a word that tells us that "threaten" is a negative word. Now, how do you explain that to threaten someone isn't aggressive? And about your example there. "It can also mean promising to do something unless specific actions are taken." That's not a threat. That's an ultimatum. A bit similar, but different in a way that I cannot explain.

    About my erroneous use of "stereotype", my mistake. I'll try to get it right next time.

    And about the "sarcastic illiterate" issue we're having here. I don't necessarily nitpick every word here.



    My point is, you tell us that you'd close any thread with "name calling and personal attacks", but you use words equally insulting. That's the message I'm trying to get to you. You as a teacher should know this best. You know that children get insulted by the simplest jokes. That's all.
    I think you've gotten off track regarding the problem you initially stated. *I* didn't threaten anyone. I said *they* were threatening something. The people who demand attention and items in order to remain in the game are under the erroneous impression that the rest of us will be hurt in some way if they leave. They are threatening us with this injury (the removal of their illuminating presence) if we don't submit to their demands.

    So I guess you have changed my mind about the "aggressiveness" piece, but I stand by my use of "threaten".

    HOWEVER, I'm not sure why you're still arguing the point because the word you think is so insulting has already been removed. I don't have to agree with your point of view on this in order to see that a change needed to be made. In this case, the common misperception was more powerful than the reality or intention. That's the way it goes sometimes. It's not worth the time or energy to convince a bunch of offended (or pretending to be offended to cause a stink) folks that their offense is coming from lack of understanding. It's easier to just use smaller words.

  2. #42
    Lesser Wizard Tanse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    439

    Default

    can't Solorein have some fun.
    was this thread even necessary?
    She just tryna light up the forums.

  3. #43
    Master Sorcerer IceKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Inside My Radio
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I think you've gotten off track regarding the problem you initially stated. *I* didn't threaten anyone. I said *they* were threatening something. The people who demand attention and items in order to remain in the game are under the erroneous impression that the rest of us will be hurt in some way if they leave. They are threatening us with this injury (the removal of their illuminating presence) if we don't submit to their demands.

    So I guess you have changed my mind about the "aggressiveness" piece, but I stand by my use of "threaten".

    HOWEVER, I'm not sure why you're still arguing the point because the word you think is so insulting has already been removed. I don't have to agree with your point of view on this in order to see that a change needed to be made. In this case, the common misperception was more powerful than the reality or intention. That's the way it goes sometimes. It's not worth the time or energy to convince a bunch of offended (or pretending to be offended to cause a stink) folks that their offense is coming from lack of understanding. It's easier to just use smaller words.
    Wait, I said that you threatened someone? I don't remember making baseless accusations like that. Correct me if that's not what you're saying, though. Anyway, looking at "threats" in that context actually makes a bit of sense. The problem was, not too many people got your joke, because it was not well explained. I guess you could say that using "threaten" is fitting, but the use of it was too vague that it was misunderstood.

    One reason why I continued this debate was because I wouldn't be satisfied until I saw your perspective on this. Also, excuse me for this, but I continued it because my brain felt rusty without the debates. I just needed a kick from useless humour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    IceKane, you are too incapable of taking thoughts. That's what I did not part in my opinion to you. You may think that you win debates, go on around causing trouble by saying what you think in the side-lines, discriminate the work of other people in your thought and not share them and create your own problem by the ways you take definitions. No, Solorien, that is not called being sensitive. All together, threaten to quit may be a word of different definitions, they still hold definitions that are to "provoke" other users. It was not your fault for trying to part your "insensitive" care for these people, but it was your fault for still basing a sub-forum to what you have seen the community do. It is like giving in and sinking their thoughts in to you and imposing them as another jocular thought because you think it is altogether right. Which in fact is right in certain contexts.

    IceKane, you take definitions and vocabulary too seriously and use them as your weapon to create a mass disadvantage for the other side you are opposing. You only focus on what you read, and not what is the message of what you have read. In certain explanations, this may be due thought or a different behavior you posses.


    This is nothing more than a game of twist you are trying to manipulate. Stop this hyperbole and get serious, she changed it already for you people. (Do not take this an attack to both of you, since I clearly tried to make it reasonable enough)
    About that, I never thought of or intended to use definitions in this thread. I only used them right at the moment it was used against me. I'm pretty sure that you know that irony is one of my best weapons in debates. And as I've said, I did the debate just for the fun of it. Totally selfish, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane1343 View Post
    I can't get banned, im the almighty sethmumu I own this game just as much as Seth and hamumu
    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    Pink is a sign of manliness.

  4. #44
    Master Sorcerer IceKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Inside My Radio
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I know that myself, since I do that myself. Everyone's twisted in their own egotistic way to cannibalize every other human being just for their gain and so-called "individualism".

    And not only in this thread did you use definitions, but some others, too. It's not in a matter of fact wherein you use any weapon to win anything, it's futile and I despise it. Our own opinions in our head is the primal form of paradox in itself, it doesn't matter whether you use anything since everything is pointless against it. What you claim is what you have opinionated, and what you have opinionated is what you change. It's nothing more than a cycle of pointless thoughts pulling out mass from each other.
    To be honest, I have no idea what your point here is. The fact that you said that bold text in the quote makes it look like I said that I only used definitions in this thread. Dunno, maybe that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane1343 View Post
    I can't get banned, im the almighty sethmumu I own this game just as much as Seth and hamumu
    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    Pink is a sign of manliness.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    This thread was derailed so hard...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •