Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's not scared of Mama Solorien?

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBYDOOFAN View Post
    I'm just going to put this out there that everyone is somewhat afraid of her. Everyone is afraid of someone even if it is just slightly afraid. I believe most people are afraid of her because she can punish us at anytime so you have to be on your toes and stay out of way. I am not overly afraid of her but I have never had an incident between her and me.
    There's really no point of bring afraid if we didn't do anything wrong, she can't just randomly ban any of us if we aren't breaking any rules.
    IGN: Kragor

****** lol *******

m-mama solo? *shrieks and runs away*

just kiddin'
    as long as you're good, then she's super cool
    basically like teachers, keep up your grades, work hard, have good behaviour, and they will be funny and kind and maybe give rewards, but if you slack off, play truant, and have a bad attitude, you will be marked in their bad books

I'm not. I think she is of me!! She curses me from the forums, then starts commenting in my thread when I can't respond. She's just evil, but I'm not scared.

Started game June 2013 and Forums August 2013
    Old IGN and forum name Ngreenwood74
    Created NASDAQ with my good friend Queenburt
    IGN: Gooseneck Level: 100
    Hours Played: 10,000
    Punched:25.5 million times!
    Guild: Slaves

Default Dun think so

I didn't break any rules. So i am not guilty or scared xD.
    Anyways i never met her b4 in my entire Growtopia life. So to be honest. Im neutral
    IGN : Minidroplets

Proud Owner of Legendarymountains & Scams

My favourite quote

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <description of this thread, in your own words>

#Water Ancients [Super inactive there but watever]
    Fan of 鄧紫棋

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoredSozes View Post
    OFFTOPIC:

i've found that many teachers who are "fun-loving" to students, like those who only play movies, spend the lesson time chatting the entire time, letting students leave class early are often rather irresponsible and lazy. I used to have a teacher that would spend the English lesson taking out a dictionary, then give us spelling on the "hardest", most obscure words in the dictionary that we will never use just to fill up the time. Either that, or he plays a movie, or talks crap about his personal life all the time, even when its nearing a major exam. Another one would just put us in the computer lab and say "do research", she did this for 2 years. When my classmates got bad grades, she said things like "oh you will do well in the end, it will all fall into place".

Teachers should not be overly strict or unreasonable about small things (like how long your socks are...), but they should also be firm to control the class. Students like to walk over their teachers if their teachers are seen as pushovers.
    ^^^SO much this. Teachers who aren't willing to do the hard work of holding their students accountable and pushing them to be better people shouldn't be teachers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    If you don't break the rules you have nothing to be scared of.
    I'm like a cuddly little teddy bear! Until you become a problem for the rest of the community. Then I'm a mama bear protecting her cubs. Don't mess with my cubs. (My cubs are all the community members who are acting appropriately.)

You can assume that anyone who says I'm mean or too strict has broken a rule and is mad that they got caught. They messed with the cubs and got the claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I'm like a cuddly little teddy bear! Until you become a problem for the rest of the community. Then I'm a mama bear protecting her cubs. Don't mess with my cubs. (My cubs are all the community members who are acting appropriately.)

You can assume that anyone who says I'm mean or too strict has broken a rule and is mad that they got caught. They messed with the cubs and got the claws.
    I don't think you're that strict though. I just had an infraction before for messing around too much lol

Teachers are awesome. (Not everyone though. Not those teachers who put their students in shame in front of the class.)

Also fun teachers > Boring teachers lol

If people can't protect themselves, then they have no business being amongst general population. It's survival of the fittest out here, dog eat dog world. Lessons learned build character, and not being able to work things out for themselves will create a society of people expecting to be taken care of their whole life. Nobody gets a babysitter to take care of every little problem in life, so toughen up and get ready for ups and downs. It's a cruel, cruel world!

Quote Originally Posted by D0GE View Post
    It's fun watching the teacher "bullying" a defiant student in class in primary school though
    Unless you are the one getting "bullied"

Happened to me when I was in primary lol. Teacher believed a stupid lie that my classmate made.

Its just like being afraid of the police,with out a reason they cant arrest you.
    Last edited by Slayer7; 10-08-2015 at 12:22 AM.
    wow nice picture

She's fun to have a debate with, I'm not scared of her.
    Got banned because someone broke into my account and used it to scam. Cannot get my account I spent a couple hundred dollars on, but apparently that’s none of my business...

Why should I be scared of her?
    01011001011001010111000000101110001000000101100101 10111101110101001000000110010001101001011001000010 00000110100101110100001000010010000000111010001010 01
    Hello there! I am Alex.
    I like space, codding/making games,
    "Photoshoping" photos and more.
    My in-game-name is Pigiuxx.
    Feel free to /msg me in game or PM in forums!
    See ya'!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
    If people can't protect themselves, then they have no business being amongst general population. It's survival of the fittest out here, dog eat dog world. Lessons learned build character, and not being able to work things out for themselves will create a society of people expecting to be taken care of their whole life. Nobody gets a babysitter to take care of every little problem in life, so toughen up and get ready for ups and downs. It's a cruel, cruel world!
    I 100% agree that lessons learned build character. And I, unfortunately, agree that there are very few people in the real world looking out for anyone but themselves.

I refuse to accept that just because there is evil in the world we are somehow released from the work of fighting that evil. The existance of monsters doesn't make monsterous behavior acceptable. I believe that we are obligated to fight evil and defend one another against the dangers of the world.

Sometimes this means following rules that create a better environment for society as a whole despite how silly they may seem to an individual. Example: doors that are labeled IN and OUT. Doors can generally all go both in and out. If everyone were attentive and cooperative, labeling them would be unnecessary. In large groups, however, people are rarely attentive or cooperative, so respecting the flow of traffic makes it safer for everyone.

Sometimes defending one another means standing up against an established and accepted rule that is inequitable (example: laws that prohibit marriage for gay couples) even if you, yourself, are not directly affected. I speak out for LGBT rights even though I identify as straight because it's the responsibility of the majority to look out for the rights of the minority to prevent tyranny and promote justice for all.

(ASIDE: Beyond this being the RIGHT thing to do, it's also the smart thing to do. The same person who is in the majority in one situation is bound to be in the minority in another. The individuals that person defended are more likely to come to his defense.)

It IS a cruel, cruel world (often due to individuals who think it's okay to trod over anyone who isn't strong enough to stop it from happening), but we don't have to be satisfied with that cruelty. We don't have to accept it.

People aren't BORN fit, ready to fight the evils of the world, they LEARN to be fit. And wherever my influence can reach, part of that learning will involve developing a sense of responsibility: for personal actions, for fellow individuals and for society as a whole.

The true challenge for humanity is teaching individuals to think beyond themselves.

You don't learn to build a house by having a house given to you as a gift, but you don't learn how to build a house by being beaten with bricks and two-by-fours, either. For a lesson to build character, it must be challenging enough to cause growth, but it must also take into consideration the personal strengths and weaknesses of the recipient. As a teacher, it's my job to observe, evaluate and tailor lessons to each recipient. This is how I build better citizens, both for our Growtopia community and for the human community.

I guess, what it boils down to is, I am not going to resign to the dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest, bootstrap mentality. I believe in learning and growing together.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D0GE View Post
    It's fun watching the teacher "bullying" a defiant student in class in primary school though
    Any adult who uses bullying to earn compliance doesn't deserve to call themselves a teacher.

I 100% agree that lessons learned build character. And I, unfortunately, agree that there are very few people in the real world looking out for anyone but themselves.

I refuse to accept that just because there is evil in the world we are somehow released from the work of fighting that evil. The existance of monsters doesn't make monsterous behavior acceptable. I believe that we are obligated to fight evil and defend one another against the dangers of the world.

Sometimes this means following rules that create a better environment for society as a whole despite how silly they may seem to an individual. Example: doors that are labeled IN and OUT. Doors can generally all go both in and out. If everyone were attentive and cooperative, labeling them would be unnecessary. In large groups, however, people are rarely attentive or cooperative, so respecting the flow of traffic makes it safer for everyone.

Sometimes defending one another means standing up against an established and accepted rule that is inequitable (example: laws that prohibit marriage for gay couples) even if you, yourself, are not directly affected. I speak out for LGBT rights even though I identify as straight because it's the responsibility of the majority to look out for the rights of the minority to prevent tyranny and promote justice for all.

(ASIDE: Beyond this being the RIGHT thing to do, it's also the smart thing to do. The same person who is in the majority in one situation is bound to be in the minority in another. The individuals that person defended are more likely to come to his defense.)

It IS a cruel, cruel world (often due to individuals who think it's okay to trod over anyone who isn't strong enough to stop it from happening), but we don't have to be satisfied with that cruelty. We don't have to accept it.

People aren't BORN fit, ready to fight the evils of the world, they LEARN to be fit. And wherever my influence can reach, part of that learning will involve developing a sense of responsibility: for personal actions, for fellow individuals and for society as a whole.

The true challenge for humanity is teaching individuals to think beyond themselves.

You don't learn to build a house by having a house given to you as a gift, but you don't learn how to build a house by being beaten with bricks and two-by-fours, either. For a lesson to build character, it must be challenging enough to cause growth, but it must also take into consideration the personal strengths and weaknesses of the recipient. As a teacher, it's my job to observe, evaluate and tailor lessons to each recipient. This is how I build better citizens, both for our Growtopia community and for the human community.

I guess, what it boils down to is, I am not going to resign to the dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest, bootstrap mentality. I believe in learning and growing together.
    Thank you for this text that might help me on my exams. (They also ask life lessons and bible teachings in exams .-.)

I have a question. What grade did you teach before? (I don't know if it's mentioned already before)

- - - Updated - - -

Any adult who uses bullying to earn compliance doesn't deserve to call themselves a teacher.
    Does "putting a student shame in front of the whole class" counts as bullying? lol

I guess so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Thank you for this text that might help me on my exams. (They also ask life lessons and bible teachings in exams .-.)

I have a question. What grade did you teach before? (I don't know if it's mentioned already before)

- - - Updated - - -

Does "putting a student shame in front of the whole class" counts as bullying? lol

I guess so.
    Yes, that is bullying and no, it doesn't belong in a classroom for any reason. Shame, fear and anger are very poor teaching tools and high-quality teachers do not use them.

I have worked with students from Kindergarten through high school graduation.

'Cause she's Solorien. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gooseneck: Short and to the point.
    Mamasolo : Tldr
    Gooseneck: moved on to next thread. Failed to wow me.

Cursed

IM NOT SCARED, FACE ME MAMA SOLORIEN! I SHALL DEFEAT YOUUUUUUUU!

5 mins later...

**The gods have banned Wuve

-presses 'CONNECT' button

Your account has been suspended, email support@growtopiagame.com for more information.