Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Listen to Rap?

Banned

Default Anyone Listen to Rap?

Does anyone listen to rap? If so, what are some good songs or even artists in general? I am getting bored anticipating the Kendrick-Cole collab, so I need a filler between now and then.

Banned

listen to drake and eminem i like drake he gives me energy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE

The only rap I ever really listened to, its pretty good in my opinion. Pretty deep too.
    I am just an alt. I won't tell you whos alt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmai View Post
    Hello im real @Zfert.
    Because of the news above,ya,I quitted gt becos I will banned in maxly 5 days. If u meet @Zfart or @Zfort, theyre be fake. So @Hamumu, @Solorien, @Hamumu, sorry to say. I quitted forever (left 1 days) so @Seth and @Hamumu, erm u might make list me as permaremoved mod. If I online, that @Zfert is fake.@Zfart is faker.

This is real zfert. Signed.
    Regards,
    @Zfert
    Forum name KINGmai
    Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    Seems legit.

Banned

I do, but as I'm hispanic, I listen to Spanish rap. There's a guy called Hendersin that makes really good hip-hop music, tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MidasTouch View Post
    Wow. Such lyrics. But you is God.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoder Man View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE

The only rap I ever really listened to, its pretty good in my opinion. Pretty deep too.
    The message was great; the anecdote I was not a fan of. It got increasingly descriptive as the song progressed — maybe I am just not used to it — and eventually was just too vulgar to focus on that huge, ironical plot twist there. Some of the lines were good, some were lazy. The main reason I like Kendrick is because the lyricism is there the whole way through. The production was a bit weird, but that may just be because it follows that style. Overall, it was pretty good once disregarded the needlessly descriptive words of the raconteur.

eminem, drake ( only a few of his songs ), ryan lewis* ( hes really good ), dr. dre.

theres lots of good rappers out there, but these are just one of my favourites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kruse
    Life isn't about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.

IGN - Pences

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SFM2025 View Post
    How's this thread related to Growtopia?
    This thread's on tavern, yo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IShutter View Post
    eminem, drake ( only a few of his songs ), ryan lewis* ( hes really good ), dr. dre.

theres lots of good rappers out there, but these are just one of my favourites.
    Ouch…

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonouswolf View Post
    I prefer Kenny G. His lyrics will verbally assault you.

Wu tang clan-cream Really nice beats, AND LYRICS TOO
    Slick Rick- Children story. Nicely organized words.
    Hmmm lets see, nuthin but a g thang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MidasTouch View Post
    You used to call me on ma cellphone. Late night when you need my loooove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitoe View Post
    "Taste your words before spitting 'em out"
    #GrowIsDead

Master Sorcerer

drake, chance the rapper, asap rocky, future, meek mill, chief keef, young thug, and 2 chainz. These are a few I could think of
    tanked: badboy

growtopia: badboy101

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Wu tang clan-cream Really nice beats, AND LYRICS TOO
    Slick Rick- Children story. Nicely organized words.
    Hmmm lets see, nuthin but a g thang.

- - - Updated - - -

You used to call me on ma cellphone. Late night when you need my loooove.
    I like Wu-Tang, but as mentioned, I want something new. Finding a good incipient artist is a hard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by badboy View Post
    drake, chance the rapper, asap rocky, future, meek mill, chief keef, young thug, and 2 chainz. These are a few I could think of
    Please…no.

(╯ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻ why you wanna know m8 kek

My favorite is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Its a true classic. Fun for all generations!
    Ick, why am I back here.

f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ neighborhood edgy teen.

#eartht̶e̶m̶p̶l̶a̶r̶sect

Banned

Bumpety-Bump.

this is the best rap song ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Master Sorcerer

Ever heard of IshDARR?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ter View Post
    Ever heard of IshDARR?
    No, but thanks for one of the more serious answers. I am half-tempted to reply to the obvious rickrolls with Filthy Frank's "Bad Internet Rappers" video.

Newest G-Eazy album is fire
    Ign: Twistoffate

"It's a choice"

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    Does anyone listen to rap? If so, what are some good songs or even artists in general? I am getting bored anticipating the Kendrick-Cole collab, so I need a filler between now and then.
    K.dot & Cole collar is gonna 💩 on WATTBA, and will crown Kendrick and J Cole as the Kings of rap.

Anyways I recommend listening to Childish Gambino, A$ap Rocky (he's actually really good), Logic (if you like K.dot and Cole you'll love Logic), Nas (he's known as the father of rap, and is known to have "paved the road" for rap, and for obvious reasons Tupac. One unknown rapper I grew up listening to was SPM, awesome story teller, but he's locked up, and may die there. Joey Bada$$ is another one who I believe is underated, and so is Jay Rock.

What's your favorite song of TPAB? and 2014FHD?

What rappers do you listen to.. Since you listen to K.dot and Cole it seems like you like rappers that in every song they produce has a message.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    K.dot & Cole collar is gonna 💩 on WATTBA, and will crown Kendrick and J Cole as the Kings of rap.

Anyways I recommend listening to Childish Gambino, A$ap Rocky (he's actually really good), Logic (if you like K.dot and Cole you'll love Logic), Nas (he's known as the father of rap, and is known to have "paved the road" for rap, and for obvious reasons Tupac. One unknown rapper I grew up listening to was SPM, awesome story teller, but he's locked up, and may die there. Joey Bada$$ is another one who I believe is underated, and so is Jay Rock.

What's your favorite song of TPAB? and 2014FHD?

What rappers do you listen to.. Since you listen to K.dot and Cole it seems like you like rappers that in every song they produce has a message.
    Gambino is good; A$AP Rocky I find to fall short. Nas is respectable and definitely is one of the best, but seems a bit antiquated today. I just cannot bring myself to like Logic. I do not know why, just a personal preference I guess.

I listen to Cole and Kendrick primarily, though I have taken a liking to a few unrelated rappers like Tyler the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt — both of which are obscenely vulgar but have some great hidden messages that are masqueraded behind the delivery. I like the Take Care album of Drake's — despite The Weeknd writing most of it. As trash as Drake is, Take Care is just outside being prolificly meaningful, but still satisfied most other criteria. I like some of Kayne's stuff, as well as a very select few tracks of Big Sean's ("One Man Can Change the World").

Oh god…picking only one song off of TPAB is almost impossible. I specifically like: These Walls, u, How Much a Dollar Cost, The Blacker the Berry, and Mortal Man. My favorite has to be…probably "How Much a Dollar Cost" simply because of the way it is conveyed. It was actually genius how he created a plot twist in four minutes that explained the theme perfectly. "The Blacker the Berry" is a close second, for it calls hypocrisy in the actions that are seemingly productive, which is a great message. "Mortal Man" is just a personal favorite because of the specific bars. The whole album was perfect, and highlighting only a few outstanding qualities is near Sisyphean.

2014 FHD was my favorite album of 2014 and probably until this date. I like Cole personally a bit more than Kendrick, even though those two each have unique advantages upon comparison (which causes flame wars). "Love Yourz" caught my attention upon the primary listen, but soon lacked in contrast to some of the other songs such as "'03 Adolescence" and "A Tale of 2 Citiez." "'03 Adolescence" really had a great narration and could not have been done better. The whole aspect almost parallels the nuances he uses like rapping "Power Trip" in monotone to contrast with Miguel's great vocal range. The story is told in the perspective of an ordinary person, which makes it twice as good. There is not much to be said about "A Tale of 2 Citiez." The beat was actually scary. Anyone could sound amazing on it, but the power put into his words created probably the second most prominent hit on the album.

That collab is going to be legendary. It will do far more than just trump WATTBA — it will destruct it piece by piece. Cole completely destroyed Future with the hook to his Black Friday, and contested Drake the whole way through. Kendrick dwarfs both with his style in general.