Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Make A WOTD

Default How To Make A WOTD

Today, I want to tell you how to make a WOTD. I know I'm not as experienced as Fredi or Techy, but I'm quite creative and artistic. I only hope this helps.

First of all, let me get started on one thing: empty spaces.

Most of the time, when a forumer asks for constructive criticism on his world, most people would comment, "You should fill something on that empty space right there."

Uhh, no. I say quite the opposite. Sometimes, filling the whole world with stuff makes it look messy, unorganized, and forced. If you think it's not necessary to fill something on the empty space, then don't. However, if it looks too empty, find a way to fill some space without making it look forced.

Second, look for inspiration. There are a lot of exquisite worlds that can help you build the perfect WOTD project, check them out. You can even check out some pixel arts on Google Images and such, I assure you it can be an inspiration sometimes.

Third, it must also look neat and beautiful on the render. Render your world daily to check if it looks nice. Sometimes, there are worlds that don't look good on the render, but looks good when you enter it or vice versa. Aim to make it look good at both sides.

Fourth, the blocks must compliment each other. Unless you're making a pixel art, you won't partner a Dark Green Block with a Purple Block, would you?

One way to find two blocks that compliment each other is to check the similarities of their colors. A good example is Hedge and Foliage. Otherwise, you must experiment.

Small Tip: I think any color goes well with the color white or black.

Fifth, check out some vending worlds. I customarily do this when I'm currently building a WOTD project. It helps most of the time. Find items that you can use for your world. If you are building a mansion, buy air conditioners, potted daisies, chandeliers, and such. If you are building a forest, buy hedges, foliages, climbing vines, cliffsides, and such. If you are building an ocean, buy sharks, jellyfishes, corals, giant clams, and such.

Sixth, take your time. Don't rush your world! A true masterpiece takes time to make.

It's sad to see that forumers would post their WOTD projects and put on their caption that they made it in three days. I would've been fine with it if it looks exquisite but no, it looks very undone.

So yeah, take your time. I, myself, takes months to finish my WOTD projects (maybe because I lack of supplies and WLS. Haha).

Well, there you go. I don't think I was of much help, but I sure hope I was actually able to help you.

If you need help with your WOTD projects, just message me and hopefully, I'm free to help!
    "A friend is like a bookmark. When you forget, he can always point out where you left off." - Yours Truly

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

"This forum is full of hypocrites who indulge in downplaying & belittling fellow forumers. It's idle, really. You're not contributing anything to the melioration of the forum by being plain rude. This forum NEEDS change, I'm infallible on that."

Nice tips, wold be really helpful for all players.

Mind criticizing my world?
    http://growtopiagame.com/worlds/hellbelow.png

Ty and gooldluck on OCEANADVENTURE.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuki04 View Post
    Nice tips, wold be really helpful for all players.

Mind criticizing my world?
    http://growtopiagame.com/worlds/hellbelow.png

Ty and gooldluck on OCEANADVENTURE.
    Personally, the two parts with the most lavas look quite disturbing. If I were you, I would remove those and put another parkour instead.

On the right side, the one with the Guytraps and no Climbing Vines, I think Twisted Spikes would look better.

If you can afford, use Ruined Signs or Crappy Signs instead, and Street Signs on the city part.

Your choice of colors, I must admit, is not yet good. Climbing Vines and Guytraps don't really match with Lava Rocks. Try using Evil Bricks to match with Lava Rocks. I don't know what can be a good alternative for Climbing Vines and Guytraps though.

Also, there were some blocks you put that were really unnecessary such as the Disco Ball and Arrow Placards (unless it's not easy to decipher which way they should go).
    "A friend is like a bookmark. When you forget, he can always point out where you left off." - Yours Truly

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

"This forum is full of hypocrites who indulge in downplaying & belittling fellow forumers. It's idle, really. You're not contributing anything to the melioration of the forum by being plain rude. This forum NEEDS change, I'm infallible on that."

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJaron View Post
    Personally, the two parts with the most lavas look quite disturbing. If I were you, I would remove those and put another parkour instead.

On the right side, the one with the Guytraps and no Climbing Vines, I think Twisted Spikes would look better.

If you can afford, use Ruined Signs or Crappy Signs instead, and Street Signs on the city part.

Your choice of colors, I must admit, is not yet good. Climbing Vines and Guytraps don't really match with Lava Rocks. Try using Evil Bricks to match with Lava Rocks. I don't know what can be a good alternative for Climbing Vines and Guytraps though.

Also, there were some blocks you put that were really unnecessary such as the Disco Ball and Arrow Placards (unless it's not easy to decipher which way they should go).
    Thanks, I'll follow your suggestions

Thanks, I'll follow your suggestions
    No problem. I hope you win WOTD someday!

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

No problem. I hope you win WOTD someday!
    1 more question. How will I connect the lava part to the other parkour?

1 more question. How will I connect the lava part to the other parkour?
    Hmm, you can always use doors.
    Or just connect it with the parkour above.

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Bringing
    Up
    My

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

How to make a thread alive?

Bring
    Up
    My

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Bring
    Up
    My

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Do you mind criticizing my world too? I just need an idea on how to fix it up.

Hey Ho! I'm CinniBun ( Formerly TheHiGuy )! And I'm always here to help!

http://giveadamn.co.uk/image/TheHiGuy.jpg

legit never active tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiGuy View Post
    Do you mind criticizing my world too? I just need an idea on how to fix it up.

There's not much to criticize on your world. I suggest you use Snowy machine though.

You can also use Happy Flower Grass to substitute for some Grass. You can do it in this pattern. Grass - Happy Flower Grass - Grass - Rose - Grass - Happy Flower Grass - Grass - Daisy. Like that. You can also put some fountains.

The empty space looks quite disturbing as it makes the world look incomplete on the render. Are you going to fill those empty spaces?

I'm not sure, but I think White - Black - White - Black is better than just only using White Blocks.

And oh, that Tissue pixel art is rad!

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

There's not much to criticize on your world. I suggest you use Snowy machine though.

You can also use Happy Flower Grass to substitute for some Grass. You can do it in this pattern. Grass - Happy Flower Grass - Grass - Rose - Grass - Happy Flower Grass - Grass - Daisy. Like that. You can also put some fountains.

The empty space looks quite disturbing as it makes the world look incomplete on the render. Are you going to fill those empty spaces?

I'm not sure, but I think White - Black - White - Black is better than just only using White Blocks.

And oh, that Tissue pixel art is rad!
    Fountains actually sounds like a great idea! And I'm in the process of getting the world locks to get a snowy machine. (Time to sell some stuff.) And yeah, I plan to fill the empty spaces, but I have no idea what to put there.
    Hey Ho! I'm CinniBun ( Formerly TheHiGuy )! And I'm always here to help!

http://giveadamn.co.uk/image/TheHiGuy.jpg

legit never active tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiGuy View Post
    Fountains actually sounds like a great idea! And I'm in the process of getting the world locks to get a snowy machine. (Time to sell some stuff.) And yeah, I plan to fill the empty spaces, but I have no idea what to put there.
    I can go online and help you if you want. :3

For the empty spaces, you can just continue with the parkour so it's longer.

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Bring
    Up
    My

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Free bump lmao.

Free bump lmao.
    Hey! When are you going to show the render? I'm excited to see how it went out.

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Anyone else want me to criticize or give suggestions to their worlds?

WOTDs:
    1.) INAFARAWAYLAND
    2.) INFECTTHEHUMANS
    3.) COLLIDE

Explain to me what makes this world suck so much so I can fix it
    Name:  thepod.png
Views: 733
Size:  305.2 KB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no context
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    dywinnie u can start pweeb with me owo we can bwender s togwetter :3 pwetty pwease

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Sovereign island Country in Southeast Asia

Name:  mammification (3).png
Views: 699
Size:  350.8 KB
    Hows mine?
    IGN=IVofSpades