Thread: ABOUT HACKİNG ACCS

Default ABOUT HACKİNG ACCS

A lot of hacker can hacks the accs now . so after a long time they didnt do anything to fix it . i suggest that ;

When you Use your backpack or When removing your lock it has to be second password like inventory guard. our accounts are in double safety now.
    MY MAIN WORLD IS TRT5
    I ACCEPT THE DONATIONS

Online safety isn't just about Growtopia, but all games, your bank information, paypal, Twitch, youtube, and so on. Learn how to keep your stuff safe!

I think by now everybody knows they shouldn't run weird .exe's, or enter their password into a weebly website for any reason.

But there is another way people can get your password you may not realize and it doesn't involve those things.

Do you use the same password in many different games/websites? If so, you're at risk!

If someone knows your email address, they can scan a list of previously compromised websites and look for a password, and then try it on GT or anything else and just hope it works.

The solution? Use a different password everywhere! I know, it's a hassle, and you'll probably end up with a big text file of passwords or a password utility, but it's the way to go.

For a quick check to see if your email is associated with any leaked passwords from various sites, you can visit haveibeenpwned.com to see which sites. (keep in mind this won't show everything)

For example, my email is public. Very public. Anybody can put it into that site and see that there are four websites that have had password leaks that I was/am a member of.

Generally after a hack, a site resets passwords forcing people to choose new ones.

Now imagine there is a website like this that also gives you the leaked password, and lets you search by other things rather than email. (IP address, handle, ect) This allows anybody to get information to try to logon with.

I use unique passwords on every site so even though "Android forums, Patreon, Nexus Mods, vBulletin forums" potentially have leaked my password, I know it won't work in GT or my bank's website.

So to protect yourself, make sure your GT password is unique to GT! You can change it here as long as you've entered a valid email when you made your GrowID.

In addition, don't forget the stuff like never running an .exe from an untrusted source, not ever giving out your password, etc. Also, don't run an Android App (.apk) from an untrusted source, if your phone is rooted, they could do something evil.

Stay safe.

PS: Mods always delete any posts/threads with "hacker" names/websites, the point is not to give them attention or anything kids can google to go get in trouble.
    Written by @Seth.

-Odus.

Making a diglett army while doing black market meme trading overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertcan Gürcan View Post
    A lot of hacker can hacks the accs now . so after a long time they didnt do anything to fix it . i suggest that ;

When you Use your backpack or When removing your lock it has to be second password like inventory guard. our accounts are in double safety now.
    Nothing hurts me more than a person who acts like they know every single thing about hacking. If they could patch all hacks, the developers would've done it ages ago. If they have your account password, they will more than likely have your backpack password. So this is useless.
    http://growtopiaga.me.pn/tag.php?q=HippoHello

5/7/2016: the worst account hacking by far.
    4/2/2017: The peak of the moderator application scam technique. The forums was flooded that morning.
    5/28/2017: Whats with may and controversy? The beginning of the "growtopian economical crisis"
    6/1-4/2016: D-horn mass banning
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/succccccccc.jpg
    pic removed

People get hacked because of greediness... (Most of the people),They sometimes install Fake gem generator that will rat you..... Or Even worse.
    IGN:Videobomb

I'm Active at some time between 7:00am-7:00pm SEA time

Master Sorcerer

Hacking is a bad thing nobody wants to be hacked.Its privacy invasion,and it's illegal.

I think that perhaps Seth could implement a 2nd way of confirmation that the player that is playing is you.Maybe people can take just a few extra seconds to type in another confirmation that it's you.I would rather do this then live knowing I might be a victim of hackers.

Hello. You should really know what Seth and Hamumu posted in the past threads.

They posted a thread on "Keeping your account safe" and it's just a simple task for you to do.

Remember this, Don't give your PASSWORD to anyone you don't know in real life. Giving your password away is like giving your second life away. It's better to keep your accounts password for yourself.

If you see anyone advertising a Website, IGNORE! Most People aren't stupid to fall for it! Oh, and also, Please teach new players on how to keep their accounts safe too. Tell them about security "if" they ignored the Rules.

But, What you've suggested is a great Idea. Securing your inventory with a Password.
    IGN: Artling

I'm Currently Level 74.
    Follow me on Instagram! : _artling_

• The first to apologize... is the STRONGEST
    • The first to forgive... is the BRAVEST
    • and the first to forget is the HAPPIEST

Quote Originally Posted by Artling View Post
    Hello. You should really know what Seth and Hamumu posted in the past threads.

They posted a thread on "Keeping your account safe" and it's just a simple task for you to do.

Remember this, Don't give your PASSWORD to anyone you don't know in real life. Giving your password away is like giving your second life away. It's better to keep your accounts password for yourself.

If you see anyone advertising a Website, IGNORE! Most People aren't stupid to fall for it! Oh, and also, Please teach new players on how to keep their accounts safe too. Tell them about security "if" they ignored the Rules.

But, What you've suggested is a great Idea. Securing your inventory with a Password.
    The way hackers hack accounts is using a website, it is paid and it is like 2 dollars a day, when you enter a username it shows up the passwords it may possibly have. (for example you used to play a game and got hacked, if you used the same username and password they can hack your growtopia account)
    I would give the website so that you guys can check if your username is on the database but I am sure that a lot of people will try to hack accounts so I won't give it out.
    I found that website when my email got hacked and I googled how do I understand I am hacked or something, I hope developers will do something.

Dumb idea. If so, A LOT OF GROWTOPIANS WILL BE ANNOYED BY THESE PASSWORDS
    IGN: MrDevil | Level: 72 | Achievements: 91/100
    Visit MRDEVIL by MrDevil!

Quote Originally Posted by xXBerlinXx View Post
    The way hackers hack accounts is using a website, it is paid and it is like 2 dollars a day, when you enter a username it shows up the passwords it may possibly have. (for example you used to play a game and got hacked, if you used the same username and password they can hack your growtopia account)
    I would give the website so that you guys can check if your username is on the database but I am sure that a lot of people will try to hack accounts so I won't give it out.
    I found that website when my email got hacked and I googled how do I understand I am hacked or something, I hope developers will do something.
    -deleted-

Also they can only "hack" your accounts using phishing and keylogging. Which is the users fault for downloading suspicious files or typing their password in a suspicious website.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    -deleted-

Also they can only "hack" your accounts using phishing and keylogging. Which is the users fault for downloading suspicious files or typing their password in a suspicious website.
    No, there is a website and also is it fine to pm you? Shouldn't I pm a mod or something? (sorry if you are a mod, haven't been active on forums for a while.)