Page 1 of 551 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your world good enough to be a World Of The Day?!

Default Is your world good enough to be a World Of The Day?!

(opening a new thread, the old one was too big and actually getting slower to navigate!)

If you want Seth and Hamumu to add your world to the "Possible World of The Day List", just reply to this thread with the world name.

We manually give WOTD so it's more than just achieving high rankings in /top.

We base our decision on many factors, but roughly in this order:

• Theme/originality (do NOT copy music!)
    • How FUN it is for a player (if it's just music or pixel art with nothing to do, that probably won't win anymore)
    • Good rankings/popularity help, as I look at all the ones in /top
    • If the owner is currently on (that way he/she can ban annoying people as it gets very crowded) - or at least has played recently
    • If the person has already won WOTD recently I'm less likely to give it (it can happen though..)
    • If half the world is undeveloped (like dirt or whatever) I'm less likely to give it
    • Worlds with controversial or possibly offensive subject matter won't win
    • Campaigning with broadcasts/forum posts does help, because it shows you're active in the game and your world is ready to be looked at. So if you have a old world that didn't get WOTD and deserves it, feel free to post about it again in the forums for a second look, it shows you'll be around to admin it if you win.
    • Slightly less likely to give it to mods as that looks sort of.. well, you know
    • Players who are currently taped/banned are not eligible to win

What do you get when you win WOTD?

• An awesome trophy magically appears in your inventory
    • "WOTD winner" is shown every time someone enters your world
    • You're added to the WOTD winner list in /top
    • 10 Growtokens
    • RESPECT!

Our choices aren't perfect and we do screw up... but we do our best!

NOTE: Worlds that use tricks to get more Growtokens (like autoruns in a different world, or mazes in a different world before you can enter) probably won't win WOTD. If it's added right after winning, the award may be removed.

NOTE: Please don't post your world to this thread more than once in three days - it could hurt your chances to be picked!

NOTE: Please don't "nominate" posted worlds using alt accounts

NOTE: Don't block your world so people can't get in, it can't be wotd in that case. Worlds that have any shady practices in them won't win either. (Autoruns, sneaky warps to other worlds, selling other worlds that were name-squatted, etc)

NOTE: Please don't make your world too hard, especially the first half - players should be able to finish it! I've had to ignore some very good worlds because they were just ridiculously hard.

NOTE: Always test your world with an account that does NOT HAVE ACCESS - this is the only way to be sure you didn't accidently leave a door locked to the public that makes your world impossible to finish!

Hint: Even if your world doesn't win, sometimes we leaves signs near the white door with tips on how to improve things so it will win!
    Last edited by Seth; 01-17-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

First .
    Hello

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Lionex01 View Post
    First .
    To be honest, we really don't care.

Master Sorcerer just one growtopian's Avatar

Rest in peace the thread with most replies.
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

Master Sorcerer

Ok guys, as promised, here is my WOTD attempt.Name:  ghoststeps.png
Views: 25987
Size:  634.8 KB

The world is GHOSTSTEPS.
    You are on a small camping trip with your friends. Until you seee a dim lit cavern. Curiousity overwhelms you as you walk inside to look around. You keep going deeper with your hopes high to find something cool until you here a noise. An eerie shreek pierces throught the humid cave air as you pick up your pace. Will you make it out alive?

Your fate lies witihin your hands.
    Last edited by ATMS; 07-17-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Banned

Thank God. I thought the devs werent doing WOTDs anymore lmao

Squire

Default WOTD in progress (i hope)

Hey uh.. so I just had a great parkour concept regarding doors and tapping. Basically it's something fun. Name:  tapfrenzy.png
Views: 26636
Size:  389.9 KB it isnt complete, but it will be

Name:  sillymama.png
Views: 26691
Size:  344.7 KBSILLYMAMA for Wotd
    This is my and my friends main world
    The world has a little cute parkour feinding letter game and info about us also a little hangout Area
    Render:http://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/sillymama.png

Last edited by Kranken; 06-26-2016 at 07:15 PM.

HEYAAAAAAAAAAAAA~
    IGN : "APRILLEO23"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YOUTUBE GUIDE CHECK HERE

New thread, yay!

Signature v9.0

Pixel art by Parpul
    http://i.imgur.com/QDGkiys.png

DespicableMe2
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/despicableme2.png
    This world is base on the movie "Despicable Me 2"

Story:

One day, the evil supervillain "El Macho" stole the potent mutagen known as "PX-41"
    He used it to Gru's Minions and the minions turned into Evil Minion
    In order to cure the evil minions and turn it back become
    normal minions, you should help Gru to find the antidote that Dr Nefario made.
    You can get the antidote from the Dr Nefario's Lab
    But, inside of the lab there are lots of obstacles such spike.
    Can you get the antidote and cure all the minions near the Giant Minion Statue beside the lab?

Features:
    • P and Z Jammer so no zombies and punchers will disturb you
    • Night Machine
    • Giant Minion Statue
    • A big lab with parkour inside
    • Banana song from "Minions Movie"
    • And lots lots more!

BEACHSAFETY

http://www.growtopiagame.com/worlds/beachsafety.png

In this summer, what is the best thing you can do? You decided to go to the beach.
    From the beach, you can swim to one island. It is "Haunted Island". In that island you can play "Undersea Area" and "Air Balloons"When you almost finished the Undersea Area, you found lots of strange substance. You feel strange about it, then you walk again and find out there is a portal. When you entered it, you go to inside of air balloon. The air balloon is not working because it is
    just a game made there! What is the end? Is the "Haunted chemical" SAFEfor Beach and sea?
    Or is it dangerous? Check it out here!

Features:
    • P and Z jammer so there is no zombie or puncher
    • Really nice song
    • Beach blast
    • Undersea area parkour
    • Air balloons parkour
    • Summerfest theme world
    • A place to enjoy your time with your friend
    • Shark pixel art
    • And many others
    Last edited by Terms; 06-22-2016 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Fixed some mistakes
    IGN:ElectroGuy
    Level:100
    Subscribe my youtube Channel: ElectroGuy Gt

Ma world called AMUFA
    Steam based "game" where you have to find a way trough the sectors. Has 2 parkours. One is optional and hard. Noob friendly.
    This took a lot of my time especially designing each sector to look as different from the other ones as possible c: .
    Here is the render Name:  amufa.png
Views: 25511
Size:  445.7 KB

This is my 2nd attempt for a WOTD

Default MRTHADAWEE (potential future WOTD? You be the judge)

Granted it's not 100% polished but if push comes to shove I reckon I can quickly get stuff done, practically the story just didn't make sense so I could just have the game pack run, it proves as a very fun arena and makes use of all the world rather creatively.

My world, MRTHADAWEE has been painstakingly designed and made on a rather frustratingly small budget, I decided to remodel it during the time I was a moderator, so that was back in 2015, the world had been slowly developing over that time and now I feel it's at least viable as a potential candidate for WOTD. But knowing how I'm a complete casual when it comes to projects, it was going to take some time before it looked nice enough for WOTD.

I've had much help from the admins, almost all of the main building was my doing but I could never have done it without my beloved admin team, they have helped me supply the many resources for the world and have helped me with advice, hosting events and just generally being very helpful all throughout, I plan to host some fun events for people with the help of my charismatic and friendly admin team.

I think the world itself looks very nice, I keep trying to improve it here and there and compared to some real nice WOTD winners in the past I feel it isn't the best, yet I'm putting it up here for Seth to consider as I've had the world in this state for some time and have been considering whether or not to at least offer it up as a potential candidate for some time. I know it's not perfect, I know it's not the best but I'm giving it a go nevertheless...

The world is practically a huge castle made in my own unique style. The winged roofs were inspired from the Gondorian city of Dol Amroth from the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, (you'll be surprised where I get my inspiration from), the Celtic cross symbols look really nice with the world, the theme is a mixture between a strong fort and a noble castle.
    I have a real OCD for symmetry and it's proven to pay off, the world looks nice but I'm sort of worrying over the fact that it appears as only eye candy with nothing much else to do...

I tried making a sort of scavenger hunt which involves a lot of searching around for passwords and whatnot, but to simplify it, I am putting up the simple "find the letters" challenge, not because I'm lazy, but because I figured it would have been much to complex and vague with the initial riddles and what not. While I think it has sort of dumbed down the world somewhat, past experience with how players respond to mind boggling challenges has shown me that it's wiser to just make it nice and simple, short, fun, engaging and snappy. Also the game pack is a lot of fun and if it were WOTD I think I'd have the game pack on just to give people something to do there. We'll see how it goes. I'm not ruling out RP by any means... I have done some very interesting RP acting with players and that also goes well as a way to engage people with the world, I think the true charm of the world is the ability for me and my admins acting out rather advanced plots and having the general public join in whenever they feel like it and being part of the story too, we've had kings go mad because of evil wizards, some torture dungeon with man eating silkworms, someone emptying the entire supply of cider in the cells because rats were everywhere... At one point I think there was some sort of war too. Basically the world could also be pitched as a RP world if people will play along... If they for whatever reason decide not to, the game pack is very useful for engaging people. Battles never get old. :^)

Note on the naked statues:
    the mannequins used to all have clothes on but they mysteriously disappeared (or were taken!), that alone was one of the reasons I have been holding off on submitting this world for WOTD because I splashed out on the pet update and don't have the wls to buy the items to actually clothe the mannequins again,

Note on the strange stuff to the left:

While it's not necessarily a part of the world, the top left is an admin room so I can communicate with my admins. The room above the tavern is designed to only be opened when I'm hosting an event, I know it takes some room for potential new content in the world but I felt it was necessary to build as it makes a special place for hosting events and talking to people.

The world was originally made in early 2013, when I got wls for resources, I made the world into something, it was a trippy mess of coloured blocks in many patterns and the rooms were full of crude humor (nothing to rude mind you!), it remained in its weird state for a while, it looked nice at the start, back when the quality of WOTDs were nothing like todays standards, the world was mine though and I loved it.

I then wanted to build a true world worthy of a high standard, so I got to work building the design that is around today, it took me some time until I came up with a final design, so I held off for a while, now behold! The steel castle of the White halls!

Picture in the spoiler container.

Even if this world doesn't make WOTD at this point in time, I'm posting it here for future reference.
    -Thadirth

MAZECAVERNS for WOTD [

Yay got'em
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GEN; 08-12-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    GenSEAF

Banned

THATSPUNNY

This will kill you - mentally.

Name:  thatspunny.png
Views: 24048
Size:  466.5 KB
    The world was slightly edited after the render was taken.

This is my first World Of The Day attempt. The world revolves around puns. Trust me, I was shaking with embarrassment while I was making the world.

Story

Features

V.I.P. Password:
    THEBESTANDTHEGREAT

Reposting because of the new thread.
    Last edited by xlightswitch; 06-29-2016 at 01:02 PM.

CLEANJUMPS
    Only the highest standard of clean.

You live in a post apocalyptic world where everything is... Clean? I thought post apocalyptic stuff were destroyed and... You know what forget it.
    After the comet from NoTC crashed into this very world in 20XX the admins built a new world, a much cleaner world. Where the inhabitants were meant to be the highest standard of clean.
    You are a rogue citizen of this clean wasteland, you wish to discover the true secrets of the clean that has been spread throughout this world.

Roam in places like:
    The Wasteland Dump
    The Anti-Bacterial Forest
    and last but not least
    The Castle of Clean, storing all records of the re-construction.

Are you ready to be clean?

World Render

Last edited by Krazynewb; 06-22-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    But bro, why does a middle-aged man working at a carnival need 14 fishnet stockings?

GrowID: Krazynewb

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar.io View Post
    Hey uh.. so I just had a great parkour concept regarding doors and tapping. Basically it's something fun. Name:  tapfrenzy.png
Views: 26636
Size:  389.9 KB it isnt complete, but it will be
    Thanks for ruining my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluonx
    This journey has ended. But I have started a new one elsewhere. Farewell my brethren. I wish success in yours.
    If you have anything you want to ask me, email me at vluonx@gmail.com

Post Can world "THECRASHSHIP" be WOTD ?

HELLO GUYS
    NOMINATING MY WORLD TO BE WOTD
    INTRODUCING "THECRASHSHIP"
    FUN , ROMANTIC , DRAMATIC , ADVENTURE WORLD
    WORLD INCLUDING P AND Z JAMMER, NIGHT WEATHER , FIRE HOUSE , ETC
    THE STORY TELLING ABOUT A YOUNG COUPLE WHO WANT TO GO ON HOLIDAY BUT THEY HAD AN ACCIDENT AT SEA .THEIR SHIP WAS HIT A HUGE ICE! THEY MUST SAVE THEM SELVES BY JUMPING INTO THE WATER TO GET INTO THE MAINLAND. THEY NEED YOUR HELP SO THAT THEY CAN SURVIVE. SO YOU WANT TO HELP THEM ?

THE WORLD IS POSSIBLE WITHOUT WING..... (/OMG)
    SO EVERYONE CAN PLAY WITH OR WITHOUT WING

RENDER
    Name:  thecrashship5.png
Views: 22356
Size:  538.0 KB
    I HOPE U LIKE MY WORLD
    THANKS TO ADMIN HELPING ME
    ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT ME

THANK YOU

A new one? Oh, neat! :P
    Growtopia Riddle Solving Server!
    IGN : Lavaloid