Thread: Sound seems glitched

Default Sound seems glitched

So, I logged on and saw "Update Available", updated, but now I seem to have weird audio. It's not that weird, but it sure seems more different than before the update.
    i pretty much don't play so yes bye
    IGN: Serthon

Try to re-install.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

Quote Originally Posted by iStolen View Post
    So, I logged on and saw "Update Available", updated, but now I seem to have weird audio. It's not that weird, but it sure seems more different than before the update.
    yup, same here, it's like lower quality and more mush.
    go to TIMEONI to listen the song. i realized that when i was in the WOTD, now my song is all messed up because of the new update.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Quote Originally Posted by iStolen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    yup, same here, it's like lower quality and more mush.
    Hmm, If reinstalling doesn't help to you if you can play without updating, get older version of Growtopia from your another device if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    Hmm, If reinstalling doesn't help to you if you can play without updating, get older version of Growtopia from your another device if it's possible.
    i don't think re installing will help. it's just all messed up, me and him aren't the only ones for sure.

"Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"

Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    i don't think re installing will help. it's just all messed up, me and him aren't the only ones for sure.
    Then get older version of Growtopia from another device.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    Then get older version of Growtopia from another device.
    i tried it on my ipad mini and almost everything is fine? wuut? my PC is like 14 times better than my ipad and my speakers are like 8 times better speakers though still i get these weird sounds on my pc

The 2.32 windows update did change sound stuff quite a bit - check the options and try dragging around the sfx/music volume sliders a bit if it seems like things are being distorted from being too loud. Some of the music samples are slightly lower quality now but I didn't think people would notice much.. maybe I was wrong!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..) and compared iPad to the new Windows client and I think what's happening is the bass notes are way too loud now. Is that sort of what you're experiencing?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..) and compared iPad to the new Windows client and I think what's happening is the bass notes are way too loud now. Is that sort of what you're experiencing?
    This happened to me right now after I updated to the new version. The music is not in high quality anymore.
    sevenfootmonster.com
    YouTube: iPadGameWalkthrough
    Growtopia: iSFM

Banned

Seth you can not turn sounds fully off some of sfx will be played enyways and if you restart your game after turning music off main theme will still be played.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockoDev View Post
    Seth you can not turn sounds fully off some of sfx will be played enyways and if you restart your game after turning music off main theme will still be played.
    ^^ Same here.
    i pretty much don't play so yes bye
    IGN: Serthon

MrEventual

The 2.32 windows update did change sound stuff quite a bit - check the options and try dragging around the sfx/music volume sliders a bit if it seems like things are being distorted from being too loud. Some of the music samples are slightly lower quality now but I didn't think people would notice much.. maybe I was wrong!
    Pardon me sir, but MY sound is completely gone regardless of slider!
    Is it linked to the fact that I had "Audio OFF" option before upgrading? Maybe it lingers the option without letting me tun it off.

not really, i think because in every pillar (or beat, whatever) there are too many notes placed. i'll go check again and try to remove some notes if that's the problem.
    the bass notes are louder, but it seems like every pillar (or beat, whatever) can only support 5 notes. so for example if i place a note, a drum note below, a bass note below, a piano note 3 blocks under, a drum note below, the sound will be glitchy because i placed 6 notes.

also, i liked the older sounds better, i also changed some SFX and music/audio sounds etc. not much changed.

update:

this doesn't only go for beats/pillars with more than 5 notes, this also goes for all the other notes.
    it sounds like the music is lower quality, something like the ones in mario kart 64 or the DS. (sorry seth! )
    there's nothing wrong with punching sounds, etc. it's something with the notes and the music, yes, i like that the bass notes are a little louder, but the music quality is something like super mario world 64 or mariokart 64 (or whatever) which means quite bad (sorry seth, again).
    Last edited by FyreX; 07-13-2016 at 06:34 PM.

I'll admit, I like that they added a slider for SFX now as well, though I kinda wish they kept the Audio On/Off to quickly turn both on/off at once.

I think what's happening is the bass notes are way too loud now. Is that sort of what you're experiencing?
    It can't be that, I listened to some of my songs that used only piano notes, including ones with big chords, in either case the audio seems distorted, and sometimes the chords seem to suddenly be really quiet and then loud again.

The actual sound files for the notes are also still the same as they were before, so the problem must be something with the new options. (as Seth said as well, changing the slider value a little seems to fix it, but not perfectly)
    Last edited by DynPlaysGT; 07-14-2016 at 10:22 AM.

I'll admit, I like that they added a slider for SFX now as well, though I kinda wish they kept the Audio On/Off to quickly turn both on/off at once.

It can't be that, I listened to some of my song that included piano notes, including ones with big chords, in either case the audio seems distorted, and sometimes the chords seem to suddenly be really quiet and then loud again.

The actual sound files for the notes are also still the same as they were before, so the problem must be something with the new options. (as Seth said as well, changing the slider value a little seems to fix it, but not perfectly)
    yup, though when there is a big chord before a few notes, when the chord plays, the notes after it also get affected and mess up. that happened to me. go to TIMEONI to listen to it.
    we do need the audio on/off button back! #BringBackAudioButton

Unhappy

I'm as a Composer have a Problems in Composing too, Since the 2.3 Update, The Music Sheet sound, seems to be broken, For now I Stayed to play Growtopia in iPad devices. Please launch the new update for Windows as soon as you can.

Thanks,
    SkySound.
    General Information:

I'm Indonesian.
    My IGN is SkySound.

No. Don't give up hope just yet. It's the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything, And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.