Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Growtokens Will Be Changing in September

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,621

    Exclamation Growtokens Will Be Changing in September

    ADVANCE WARNING!

    When we launch the September update (so, sometime near the beginning of September), we will be changing how players earn Growtokens. They will no longer come from player visits. I can't tell you how you will get them, but you will find out in September! I just wanted to give advance warning of this change so people wouldn't think it was a big surprise right after they bought a "token world" or whatever.

    Why the change?

    Growtokens were a noble experiment that seems to have failed pretty badly. The intent was to get people making good worlds, since they knew they'd need to attract people to their world to earn the tokens. Unfortunately, it is human nature to seek the most reward for the least effort, so instead it led to a surge of people making terrible worlds (usually scams) and working really hard to trick people into visiting them (really guys, "wait here 5 min to get a WL"? Whee, what fun!). In truth, the people who did this earned very few tokens. The system was set up pretty well - you really did need a good world, that was legitimately popular, to earn a lot of tokens. But that doesn't really matter because as long there was a scummy route to earning some tokens, people swarmed to it by the thousands. It kind of turned Growtopia into a seedy place.

    We hope that the new vision for Growtokens will turn that around. If you no longer earn tokens just for getting people to visit your world, then there's no incentive to just get people sitting around in your world. Of course, we do recognize that everything we add to the game becomes used in some sort of scam, so we'll be on the lookout for that with our new system. Our hope isn't really to make everything perfect, just to lift things up from the wretched hive of scum and villainy we currently have. The new system is designed with a lot of features to prevent abuse, but we know how that goes... there will inevitably be some way to abuse it that we can't prevent because of other limitations. We just hope it won't be as bad as it is now! And hey, if it's not an improvement, we still have the old system available to switch back to.

    We're always working to make Growtopia more fun, more safe, and more appealing to our players, and hopefully reducing the onslaught of token scams and autoruns will help with that.

    CLARIFICATIONS

    Since the big question coming up is "why would anybody ever build a good world again!? Do I have to sell all my worlds!? WHAT'S THE POINT IN EVEN BREATHING!?!?!", let me clarify that: Growtokens will still primarily be based on the same concept as always: making a good, popular, world. We hope to determine what is good and popular in a better way than just counting player visits.

    Also, on the question of "why build a good world" - people built great worlds before there were Growtokens! There's a lot of reasons to do it. It's fun. But nonetheless, a good world will still be a way to earn Growtokens in the future. We're just hoping that a scammy world will not be a way.
    Last edited by Hamumu; 07-26-2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: clarifications

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    And now they are changed! Enjoy.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer TheSphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    And will there be another change for /Rate? .-.
    IGN:Spherical
    Level:52


    Want to see some Event related Goals and Daily Quests?
    Click here!
    https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.co...adee4edd6c.gif

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    I hope that the system will be tweaked later on. and I'm second

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    PlayIngoHD Gaming
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    I saw Seth's post on "Announcements", I thought he made a new post...
    But just knew you changed the Thread sub-forum.

    Well, It's awesome!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I love this new update. It gives Growtokens their actual purpose. But I have to admit to other complainers. /Rate system must have some improvements.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    PlayIngoHD Gaming
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmanPng View Post
    I love this new update. It gives Growtokens their actual purpose. But I have to admit to other complainers. /Rate system must have some improvements.
    Yeah, the /rate shall have some improvements, But still I love /rate and the UPDATE!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Change forum location bro
    Posts
    9,173

    Default

    I like the change, it's nice.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    This update is amazing if we don't count something. I was earning 1 token, now it's up to 2~5 daily
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer BadDevilGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lithuania!
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemus View Post
    This update is amazing if we don't count something. I was earning 1 token, now it's up to 2~5 daily
    How? Pls tell me
    IGN: MrDevil | Level: 72 | Achievements: 91/100
    Visit MRDEVIL by MrDevil!


  11. #11
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    453

    Default

    I don't know why but I can't find fairness in the growtoken change. All someone has to do to get a few growtokens is to sb "Worldlock giveaway!!!" then when everyone is there: "okay, everyone rate 5 to start!!" I've seen that a few times, now I'm not sure if he got any but I can't think of a way to keep it fair.
    Ign: TyTheAbsol

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    844

    Default

    This is the worst update ever. Change it back.

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Phemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATMS View Post
    This is the worst update ever. Change it back.
    I just want to telll you, they never change new system to old. But there is a low chance about change somethings on new system.
    Growtopia Forums Discord: http://discord.io/gtforums

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATMS View Post
    This is the worst update ever. Change it back.
    We all know that you probably owned a token world before, you have no reasons to support your argument. Saying that ratings are unfair because people ask rate 5 all the time is not a argument, because the owner won't know what someone rates. Even if someone asks you to rate something 5 doesn't mean they will and no one knows if they did. Only people whining are those who scam to get tokens or owned a crappy world that generated tokens. DEAL WITH IT.

    All those saying that the new update has some flaws(like 2 maximum) are obviously not thinking about how many flaws the original system had(way more than 2 for sure).

  15. #15
    Lesser Wizard Voxel_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lσ-Fι
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Thanks alot @Hamumu !

    I get 2 Tokens a day and I'm really happy !

    Don't change the system PLEASE I PRAY YOU... DON'T CHANGE THE RATING LIST !

    People don't understand how easy is to get tokens... !

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ATMS View Post
    This is the worst update ever. Change it back.
    Hmm... you're maybe rich right ? Well now it's our turn, noobs, to get tokens

    Be happy and get ratings or live with it.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DudePerfection View Post
    We all know that you probably owned a token world before, you have no reasons to support your argument. Saying that ratings are unfair because people ask rate 5 all the time is not a argument, because the owner won't know what someone rates. Even if someone asks you to rate something 5 doesn't mean they will and no one knows if they did. Only people whining are those who scam to get tokens or owned a crappy world that generated tokens. DEAL WITH IT.

    All those saying that the new update has some flaws(like 2 maximum) are obviously not thinking about how many flaws the original system had(way more than 2 for sure).
    I do have reasons... You literally said there were flaws in the new update. There you go, REASONS.

    Nope, people who are whining actually have other experience then farming, unlike you noob.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Voxel_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lσ-Fι
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATMS View Post
    I do have reasons... You literally said there were flaws in the new update. There you go, REASONS.

    Nope, people who are whining actually have other experience then farming, unlike you noob.
    Stop being so rude.. you're going to get muted if you continue.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voxel_Z View Post
    Stop being so rude.. you're going to get muted if you continue.
    Sorry just can't deal with morons spitting out stupid stuff every 5 seconds. Krid...

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer hammerjelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lithuania/Lietuva (Saddly...)
    Posts
    3,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATMS View Post
    Sorry just can't deal with morons spitting out stupid stuff every 5 seconds. Krid...
    Well... this update caused me to get NONE tokens, instead of like 2-3/month... but i didn't became a butt on forums cause of that... maybie this update did mess up the token gaining for some people, but that's temporal... cause awesomeness is increasing... were working on cool new worlds. So in a short time, me, you, and everyone else, will gain much more tokens than ever, cause the farther we go, the more used to the new update we get... so no need to rage about the new update... just be determined to squeeze all you can out of it, and one day, you will!
    https://i.imgur.com/la6z1Jf.png
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

    My latest video: (It's a forum-related GT animation!)

    My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr...TgHy7Wu01y_dJA

    I DEFY BiteLord !

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer LeCakeGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    i like the way you get grow tokens now.

    It's broke, but not as broke as the last one.


    IGN:Saladrie




Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •