Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Growtokens Will Be Changing in September

  1. #21
    Master Sorcerer KxngGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Why?
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DudePerfection View Post
    We all know that you probably owned a token world before, you have no reasons to support your argument. Saying that ratings are unfair because people ask rate 5 all the time is not a argument, because the owner won't know what someone rates. Even if someone asks you to rate something 5 doesn't mean they will and no one knows if they did. Only people whining are those who scam to get tokens or owned a crappy world that generated tokens. DEAL WITH IT.

    All those saying that the new update has some flaws(like 2 maximum) are obviously not thinking about how many flaws the original system had(way more than 2 for sure).
    i couldnt take this serious after i saw your siggy
    If your into lofi or aesthetic music, you should check out my Playlist : )
    i recommend skipping to 15
    updated 2/22/18
    IGN: KXNG
    LEVEL: 69

  2. #22
    Master Sorcerer Sam Richardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    752

    Default

    I didn't think I would need to say this, but please try to be civil in your replies here. I just had to delete a whole chain of discourteous replies. The developers have worked tirelessly to get this update out to you all, and to ensure it was working properly before doing so. While you are all entitled to your own opinion, please be more calm and collected when posting it.

    Furthermore, please respect each other's opinions! Don't harass players because of what they think.

    --av8r
    Last edited by Sam Richardson; 09-05-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    It's not hard to follow the rules.
    Twitter | Facebook

  3. #23
    Lesser Wizard Voxel_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lσ-Fι
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Richardson View Post
    I didn't think I would need to say this, but please try to be civil in your replies here. The developers have worked tirelessly to get this update out to you all, and to ensure it was working properly before doing so. While you are all entitled to your own opinion, please be more calm and collected when posting it.

    Furthermore, please respect each other's opinions! Don't harass players because of what they think.

    --av8r
    Well said oh and, welcome back

  4. #24
    Master Sorcerer Engraved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    713

    Default

    I think update is fine ( Quests ,Riddles and the seed pack adjustment) but for the rating system ,I really hope that you change it ASAP. Reduce token scammers? I don't think so since most of top rated parkours are scams and those buy/sell rates and "Giveaway Wls if everyone makes /rate 5" bcs made it even easier for token scammers to earn tokens. Many people lost humdred of dls , you maybe announced that a new system was being implemented in September but no one was Buying token worlds because they were afraid. Tbh, I expected a sort of system of points where people would would earn points for every activity in the world ( Trading, Pet Battle, Ghost Hunting...) and on a certain number of point would earn a token, that would really reduce token scammers and make it fair for everyone. I know developers are making their best to make Growtopia a better place but like everyone, sometimes they fail , nobody's perfect.
    "Success" all depends on the second letter.



    IGN : Engraved

  5. #25
    Lesser Wizard Husseinali Hussein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Engraved View Post
    I think update is fine ( Quests ,Riddles and the seed pack adjustment) but for the rating system ,I really hope that you change it ASAP. Reduce token scammers? I don't think so since most of top rated parkours are scams and those buy/sell rates and "Giveaway Wls if everyone makes /rate 5" bcs made it even easier for token scammers to earn tokens. Many people lost humdred of dls , you maybe announced that a new system was being implemented in September but no one was Buying token worlds because they were afraid. Tbh, I expected a sort of system of points where people would would earn points for every activity in the world ( Trading, Pet Battle, Ghost Hunting...) and on a certain number of point would earn a token, that would really reduce token scammers and make it fair for everyone. I know developers are making their best to make Growtopia a better place but like everyone, sometimes they fail , nobody's perfect.
    Yea, i like the update too.
    http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com...39477ca76b.gifThanks knyts for this masterpiece.

    "Don't blame the flame"
    IGN:husseinhu.

    PSN:Husseinhu777
    Steam:Husseinhu

  6. #26
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Richardson View Post
    I didn't think I would need to say this, but please try to be civil in your replies here. I just had to delete a whole chain of discourteous replies. The developers have worked tirelessly to get this update out to you all, and to ensure it was working properly before doing so. While you are all entitled to your own opinion, please be more calm and collected when posting it.

    Furthermore, please respect each other's opinions! Don't harass players because of what they think.

    --av8r
    I feel bad now xD I overheat really quick if I get in an argument lol

  7. #27
    Lesser Wizard ThatHelpfulGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    I forgot..
    Posts
    330

    Default

    I can't get ANY tokens. The daily quest thing for crazy Jim is always too hard, so I can't earn tokens by doing quests. I also can't get people to come to my world at all, and even when they do come, they forget to rate it! And then when I ask them to rate it, they say "don't ask for rate or I rate 1 noob". I don't even say "RATE 5" or crap like that, I simply just ask people to rate it, 1-5. And just because I asked for a rating, they rate it 1. Rip me, 0 tokens! New system was completely useless.
    Hours played: 3025 Only on my 3rd acc)

    Goals:
    Get focused eyes: 63/100 tokens


    Here to reveal the truth about others and if necessary, expose a few people. I'm here to try to be helpful, in a different way. If you don't like it, it shows you can't handle the truth. And I don't care if you like me or not.

    Calling you out on your crap since 2016.

    MY FORUM NAME EXPLAINED: I'm helpful when it comes to calling you out on your bull****.

  8. #28
    Master Sorcerer BLYoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On my island
    Posts
    7,753

    Default

    While I do agree the token system could have minor improvements, it's certainly much better than the old system even if people or groups of people choose to "rig" ratings. One major new aspect not really talked about is the categories. I'm very happy that we can choose the category of the worlds we want to see, and we'll see only the worlds of that type. It's also very nice that we can pick these top worlds by category in the menu screen, instead of just looking at random worlds.

    Without focusing on the top few worlds in these categories, it does seem easier to get your world out there to the public eye as you won't be competing with the million trade worlds if yoy have a parkour or world of some other category making it easier for people to trickle into your world and rate it appropriately as the lists have been seperated.

    Greed is a part of human nature. If everyone has 5 cookies, but you only had 1 (and it is in your power to steal from others freely without punishment), most would choose to steal. It is even worse in online scenarios as you can also escape identification. It does seem to be the case at the moment (look at the rating differences from the #1 to the #5 world in each category), but the rating system is still brand new.

    That being said, I'd say it would be best to give the new system some time to play out so we can see the effects brought upon it in a longer run, and evaluate from there. Many people tend to resist change, but this is definitely a step up from the poor token system of the past.

  9. #29
    Knight YavuzEren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    87

    Default

    So this update is so good but , the rating system even in this people find ways to do it like just broadcasts 'wl giveaway , all you need to do is rate 5' i don't know about this but, it's still a brilliant update
    DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS



    Hey there.
    Ummm , just your typical forumer.

    Love watching Prison Break , Mr.Robot.
    That's all.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Far away from you
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Yay now I can watch all the token world buyers SUFFER

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kautekeino
    Posts
    138

    Default

    /rate system is arguably worse than the previous system. /rate can be abused many ways, someone that has alternate accounts can rate their own worlds, world owners can fraudulently ask people to rate 5 in exchange for rewards or etc.

  12. #32
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NIL
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landial View Post
    /rate system is arguably worse than the previous system. /rate can be abused many ways, someone that has alternate accounts can rate their own worlds, world owners can fraudulently ask people to rate 5 in exchange for rewards or etc.


    It's from this thread, sadly though, it appears that thread got buried fast:https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...eply&p=2688227

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •