Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube's 'New' Monetzation Policy & How it affects YOU!!

Question YouTube's 'New' Monetzation Policy & How it affects YOU!!

Recently, YouTube announced a new policy pertaining to how its users monetize content on their site. Certain advertisers have expressed dis-sanctification in that there ads are automatically 'pasted' on videos Google thinks they will perform well.

Now, YouTube is rolling out a system to remove ads from videos that contain: one or more of the following:

• Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
    • Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    • Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
    • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

This policy isn't new, but YouTube is going to start enforcing it by sending you periodic notifications in your video manager.

For most of you Growtopian Youtubers, this shouldn't be a problem. This is being blown WAY out of proportion by large YouTubers who think their money is in danger of being snatched from them. This couldn't be further from the truth; YouTube is simply working with advertisers to make sure that their brands are adequately represented, and part of that is ensuring their ads don't appear on 'risky' content.

If you have any questions about this policy, I'm qualified to answer them. (I've been in contact with a few internal people and I'm certified.)

Hope you all are well!
    --av8r
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    It's not hard to follow the rules.
    Twitter | Facebook

Wait so, if id put a "swear" word in my video, does it demonetizes it or do the rules go on the title only.
    Thats what i heard from famous youtubers.
    Please Follow All The Rules Here, Even Those In The Game!

Greetings.
    My name is Markus, I'm 18,4 years old and I play Growtopia (obviously)
    I love to use "Steam" items on Growtopia
    My IGN: Mcroxed
    Want to see my stream or just follow?
    https://www.twitch.tv/arkhaotix
    I've been playing Growtopia for 3-4 years now
    Have a wonderful day in here!

http://i.imgur.com/5Hu1LhXl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Richardson View Post
    Recently, YouTube announced a new policy pertaining to how its users monetize content on their site. Certain advertisers have expressed dis-sanctification in that there ads are automatically 'pasted' on videos Google thinks they will perform well.

Now, YouTube is rolling out a system to remove ads from videos that contain: one or more of the following:

• Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

This policy isn't new, but YouTube is going to start enforcing it by sending you periodic notifications in your video manager.

For most of you Growtopian Youtubers, this shouldn't be a problem. This is being blown WAY out of proportion by large YouTubers who think their money is in danger of being snatched from them. This couldn't be further from the truth; YouTube is simply working with advertisers to make sure that their brands are adequately represented, and part of that is ensuring their ads don't appear on 'risky' content.

If you have any questions about this policy, I'm qualified to answer them. (I've been in contact with a few internal people and I'm certified.)

Hope you all are well!
    --av8r
    it's actually super dumb. what if you're the CNN of YouTube?
    like honestly... no offense to youtube bu---

Name:  YouTube_blocked_Germany_GEMA_en.png
Views: 281
Size:  41.9 KB
    Yes... I am THAT Wok. Well, yeah, hello humans. ~0-0~

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1be1b280...mz7eo1_500.gif

https://gamerangelsblog.files.wordpr...vyh1qz4rgp.gif

http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/togetic.gif

Anything that's Nintendo, I like... I play Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, basically I'm a Nintendo Super Fan.

FC: 0817-4353-8535
    ID: I.N.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi View Post
    it's actually super dumb. what if you're the CNN of YouTube?
    like honestly... no offense to youtube bu---

Name:  YouTube_blocked_Germany_GEMA_en.png
Views: 281
Size:  41.9 KB
    Yea.
    Even someone made a video to help people prevent "suiciding" and it got demonetized, i think it got age-restricted aswell
    Please Follow All The Rules Here, Even Those In The Game!

Greetings.
    My name is Markus, I'm 18,4 years old and I play Growtopia (obviously)
    I love to use "Steam" items on Growtopia
    My IGN: Mcroxed
    Want to see my stream or just follow?
    https://www.twitch.tv/arkhaotix
    I've been playing Growtopia for 3-4 years now
    Have a wonderful day in here!

http://i.imgur.com/5Hu1LhXl.jpg

Kita satu bangsa, satu negara;Kitttaaaaa satu Malaysia~~~

Crap,I do growtopian fighting with no blood and gore,does that counts as violence?

So swearing means: Demonitized ?

This new policy is so dumb in my opinion. They're basically telling to the Youtubers, most of them, to stop being their selves.

Quote Originally Posted by voidgaming View Post
    Crap,I do growtopian fighting with no blood and gore,does that counts as violence?
    Yeah, this is covered by YouTube's gaming policy. As long as you don't have overly gruesome images you should be fine. MAKE SURE when you upload your video, that you tag it in the "Gaming" category.

--av8r
    Twitter | Facebook

rip youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluonx
    This journey has ended. But I have started a new one elsewhere. Farewell my brethren. I wish success in yours.
    If you have anything you want to ask me, email me at vluonx@gmail.com

People are acting like this is 100% Youtube (Google)'s fault, but it completely isn't. Companies don't want their ads shown on videos about people making fun of children or videos of people constantly swearing because that type of content's demographic isn't the same as the demographic they're aiming to advertise to. Ads are how Youtube makes money, if all the advertisors leave because Youtube won't listen. goodbye Youtube.
    You can find me ingame as Bagelz and on Discord as Bagelz#5403​.

Banned

Click bait title it doesn't effect me in any way.

Kita satu bangsa, satu negara;Kitttaaaaa satu Malaysia~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Richardson View Post
    Yeah, this is covered by YouTube's gaming policy. As long as you don't have overly gruesome images you should be fine. MAKE SURE when you upload your video, that you tag it in the "Gaming" category.

--av8r
    Eeeh I mean animations,I had a lot slicing with no bloods or things.

Quote Originally Posted by bagel124 View Post
    People are acting like this is 100% Youtube (Google)'s fault, but it completely isn't. Companies don't want their ads shown on videos about people making fun of children or videos of people constantly swearing because that type of content's demographic isn't the same as the demographic they're aiming to advertise to. Ads are how Youtube makes money, if all the advertisors leave because Youtube won't listen. goodbye Youtube.
    Yep. Couldn't agree more.
    Twitter | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by NorPikalugia View Post
    So swearing means: Demonitized ?

Not necessarily. Most times, videos only get "age-gated" (the fancy term for profanity demonetizations) if the use of profanity is extreme and not in context.
    Twitter | Facebook

Lesser Wizard

I hear almost every Youtuber talking about this, since it's their main source of income.

Banned

Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown
    Except why?

Beside the last bullet, I understand the policy. However, I do not know if YouTube knows what they are doing and how it will affect themselves.

EDIT: I by no means enjoy constant profanity and harassment, which seems to be popular for the memes, but the way YouTube addresses these topics makes it seem like there is no leinancy between advertiser-friendly and degeneracy. I think YouTube has really changed the whole purpose of the platform.

i wonder if this means no more tf2, overwatch, league, gta, csgo, and all the other great games.

good news is: GOOD BYE PEWDIEPIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluonx
    This journey has ended. But I have started a new one elsewhere. Farewell my brethren. I wish success in yours.
    If you have anything you want to ask me, email me at vluonx@gmail.com

I found this thread really useful, thanks AV8R!

(If anyone'd like to check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVF...VgCfsl9ahmHsUw)

IGN: Shadowclad

Doesn't effect me in any way because I haven't monetized my videos yet. Thanks for the heads up though, I've been wondering what's with all the riot on YouTube a few days ago.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.