Thread: i think devs are going bankrupt

Default i think devs are going bankrupt

First, they increase gems from gem purchases. then, they add an extra token for "it's raining gems". now, they double gems from purchases, and add a extra megaphone for "it's raining gems"
    + they add a supper supporter, that is only obtainable for spending 25$... this is suspicious... i think devs are going bankrupt, and they crittically need money now...
    https://i.imgur.com/la6z1Jf.png
    Started from the bottom, now I dug even deeper!

My latest video: (It's a forum-related GT animation!)

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr...TgHy7Wu01y_dJA

I DEFY BiteLord !

I sure hope not...
    IGN: Jisam
    Level: 35

Rings: Ring of water.
    Best items: P wings, Leaf board.
    Net worth: 40 DLs.
    F eyes: 41/100.
    Surg Lvl: 100.
    Best Surg prize: Med scarf.

Main world: Jisam (Donate me there if you feel like it)

They aren't.

And by the way the developers can (CAN! Not will) use the money to update the sub server capcities or something, I don't know this stuff.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/qeJuRR0g7wLGE/giphy.gif
    "Hooray, I'm useful! I'm having a wonderful time!"

FULL CREDIT to hammerjelly for my profile picture. Hammerjelly is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerjelly View Post
    First, they increase gems from gem purchases. then, they add an extra token for "it's raining gems". now, they double gems from purchases, and add a extra megaphone for "it's raining gems"
    + they add a supper supporter, that is only obtainable for spending 25$... this is suspicious... i think devs are going bankrupt, and they crittically need money now...

You can also become a super supporter by using TapJoy offers.
    I don't know how many gems you need specifically, but I need 80k gems worth of tapjoy offers to be a super supporter.
    Also, Nathan is right. The more people join the game, the more they have to pay for the servers.
    IGN: TheJackerino (Used to be known as MagicalJack)
    Previous name on the forums: Jackjeff01

Looking at how many people have the new Super Supporter features, they won't be going bankrupt any time soon.

The update with "more gems for your money" is a technique they are using to get more players to spend money on their game.
    IGN - Lochinver
    Level - 34

Quote Originally Posted by hammerjelly View Post
    I thought you can do Tapjoy as well, it will take a little longer to claim super supporter though! Also, don't say that about our Developers! Their just giving players new opportunities!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS84 View Post
    They aren't.

And by the way the developers can (CAN! Not will) use the money to update the sub server capcities or something, I don't know this stuff.
    i agree with the dog

No, every game has store, and to buy the items in store, sometimes the store will required to buy ____ with real money.

I really don't see why people are getting worked up over the developers adding a higher gem payout. I can understand if the price of gems were doubled, but you get more for what you were paying before the update. Additionally, they didn't add Super Supporter status to make more people purchase gems. They added it as a little "Thank You" to the players who have spent money. The status is automatically credited to any accounts that have spent at minimum $25 on iAP.

Both Supporter and Super Supporter status can be obtained through TapJoy offers if spending money on games isn't something you want to do. It would take a while depending on the offers listed, but that's up to the player. You can still be extremely successful in this game without spending a penny. I think it's nice to have developers who listen to their community and make changes as they see fit to benefit everyone.

You can never please everyone. If you aren't happy with changes made, have a suggestion to pitch. Share your thoughts with us and tell your fellow community members what you like and what has room for improvement. Don't complain to complain, help us improve. I don't know about you but as a player and moderator, I'm proud to be a part of this game.

I think they doubled the gems, just for a thank you. A thank you to people who spent real money on this game. And I don't see a reason they shouldn't. I also heard that paying 25$ for the super supporter is P2W, but I don't really know why.. can anyone tell me?

D̸̼̲̣̮͍̝͙̹̺̣͎̔ͨͨͦ͆̊̿̌͌ͨͮͩ̈̉̊̈E̓̂ͮ̈̐ͭ̋̚҉͏҉̳̱̻̘͖̟̞̘̺

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjeff01 View Post
    You can also become a super supporter by using TapJoy offers.
    I don't know how many gems you need specifically, but I need 80k gems worth of tapjoy offers to be a super supporter.
    Also, Nathan is right. The more people join the game, the more they have to pay for the servers.
    tapjoy pays the devs

Instagram: @ayielimao
    YouTube: ayielimao

Latest YT vid B)

Quote Originally Posted by iFrostSpark View Post
    tapjoy pays the devs
    Well... that's not how ads work. They want SethMumu/RobMumu to promote their games, and by watching these ads, playing these games, and signing up for things, the players are earning gems, and the game developers (the other ones) are hoping that Growtopia players would play their games. But yes, the game developers are paying SethMumu to put their ads in the game. (I think)

Not anymore mate
    Please Follow All The Rules Here, Even Those In The Game!

Greetings.
    My name is Markus, I'm 18,4 years old and I play Growtopia (obviously)
    I love to use "Steam" items on Growtopia
    My IGN: Mcroxed
    Want to see my stream or just follow?
    https://www.twitch.tv/arkhaotix
    I've been playing Growtopia for 3-4 years now
    Have a wonderful day in here!

http://i.imgur.com/5Hu1LhXl.jpg

The new update is awesome... now I get 3 growtokens a day !

Quote Originally Posted by Jenuine View Post
    I really don't see why people are getting worked up over the developers adding a higher gem payout. I can understand if the price of gems were doubled, but you get more for what you were paying before the update. Additionally, they didn't add Super Supporter status to make more people purchase gems. They added it as a little "Thank You" to the players who have spent money. The status is automatically credited to any accounts that have spent at minimum $25 on iAP.

Both Supporter and Super Supporter status can be obtained through TapJoy offers if spending money on games isn't something you want to do. It would take a while depending on the offers listed, but that's up to the player. You can still be extremely successful in this game without spending a penny. I think it's nice to have developers who listen to their community and make changes as they see fit to benefit everyone.

You can never please everyone. If you aren't happy with changes made, have a suggestion to pitch. Share your thoughts with us and tell your fellow community members what you like and what has room for improvement. Don't complain to complain, help us improve. I don't know about you but as a player and moderator, I'm proud to be a part of this game.
    I second and agree with everything Jen says. If you don't like something, don't just tell us that you don't like it; tell us WHY you don't like it, and how the developers could--in your opinion--change it. You never know what type of things will get changed just by suggesting feedback! For example, Hamumu once changed the name of a clothing item just because somebody suggested so on these very forums. Furthermore, all of the player appreciation week items were chosen from here, also!

Our hats are most definitely off to Hamumu and Seth. I could not be more proud to be a Growtopian this week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    It's not hard to follow the rules.
    Twitter | Facebook

Banned

Hey there.

After this update I had seen many Threada of 'Developers just want money', etc. People have to know this.

- They're Game Developers, it's their Job, don't think they made this game just for fun, it's part of his Job and Growtopia too. Also I bet servers have a VERY VERY VERY HIGH price to maintain. Also to be a Game Developer you need a very high IQ.

- They have a family, they want the best for his Family.

- Growtopia is not their only game, they need Monet for future Projects.

- Growtopia each time has more players, that demands a better server.

- Hundred of more reasons why.

So don't judge without knowing!

Have a very good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenuine View Post

It doesn't matter to me even if the Devi are getting low on money.what matters to me is the fact the something might happen that might make them shut the game off.And no one wants that.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.