View Poll Results: How do you find the new token system?

Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good, encourages people on building creative worlds.

65 24.71%
  • It truly sucks, totally bad, worse than the old one.

198 75.29%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The rating system truly sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DJRAZZE View Post
    just complete daily quest & all daily bonuses = 3 tokens per day, ez af
    So you're telling me to spend wls to get 3 tokens a day with alot of work done and time spent, not worth it, I would spend 50 dls buying them from Locke than get from daily quests.
    If no body hates you, you're doing something wrong!

Work for a cause, not for applause - Live to express, and not for impress - Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

When life puts you in tough situations, Don't say Why me, just say Try me

even tho I made 30 tokens after the update with my world , I think this update is a total crap

for exemple I got a world #48 story the dude with #49 will ask everyone to rate me 1 so he become #48 + he has a **** world and my world is very good ;p
    with all respect

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    This new system doesnt encourage people at all to build creative worlds, the old system was a good one, you coukd get more than 20 tokens from a single WOTD, wouldn't that encourage people, this is my point of view, the said thing about this rate system encourage people to build great worlds is just a either a fake thing or it failed badly, the top rated worlds are not creative at all, try visiting them.
    Yes, that's another point. Another reason why many 2013-2015 builders quit, IMO... Like, nobody has that "spirit" anymore.
    IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @dreamy.cy (private), @electrodreamy is dead
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

Quote Originally Posted by totallynotme View Post
    even tho I made 30 tokens after the update with my world , I think this update is a total crap

for exemple I got a world #48 story the dude with #49 will ask everyone to rate me 1 so he become #48 + he has a **** world and my world is very good ;p
    with all respect
    Im gonna actually do an experiment, I will try gathering 40 persons or so, we would rate each others world /rate and rate the top ones /rate 1 and see how this turns out, if this works out, they must change this asap.
    If no body hates you, you're doing something wrong!

Work for a cause, not for applause - Live to express, and not for impress - Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

When life puts you in tough situations, Don't say Why me, just say Try me

Master Sorcerer

That bluebuzz...That player msged those friends to rate 5. How pathetic. She got like 2 empty dirt worlds standing at #1 and #2.

EDIT: Wrong player. I mean Baptism.

- - - Updated - - -

Im gonna actually do an experiment, I will try gathering 40 persons or so, we would rate each others world /rate and rate the top ones /rate 1 and see how this turns out, if this works out, they must change this asap.
    I agree that we should start this project asap. I'm confused if this update is actually good or not.
    You should make a new thread.
    Last edited by Notavailable; 10-20-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

fk i accidentally voted the first option
    All sort of way to contact me:
    • Instagram: gar_mek
    • Discord: Garvin#5071
    • Steam: GarMek

If you need more people somehow, shoot me a message someday.
    IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @dreamy.cy (private), @electrodreamy is dead
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

I don't like this update, too unfair for the people who build good worlds and gets trolled by them giving a rate 1. I want the old system but a little tweaked to stop those mini game scams.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

I hope they just completely remove the growtoken system instead of going back. Both of the systems are really bad.
    (or maybe combine the systems hehe)

Default GROWTOKENS SUCK

I Agree with Hercule token rating system is really bad. Like if I sbed and even asked for people to rate for WL giveaway or something less then 10% will actually rate , while other worlds don't SB and they get rated randomly, my friend had a trade world no one went there and all of a sudden it was #2. We need the old system back

Master Sorcerer

Default Ratesucks

I still get tokens from My worlds... well i get a few less then before like 4-7 per day just to point that out so My opinions on this isnt based on My own tokens count.
    I truely feel this Rate system is... excuse My language CRAP... the tokens is supposed to be earned for hardwork or be as Seth Said an honorable thing... I seen worlds just as the one i did get high Rates and I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but COMMON... worlds with materials just put in it random, no building skill and shortly really ugly worlds...
    Before this update at least u had to waste gems and make some kind of effort lika Games or giveaways or whatever or afford to buy links in worlds to try and get traffic to those lame worlds now thats not even needed... If the DEVS dont wanna chance it back then remove the tokens from worlds and add more options to earn tokens by your own work but at a less expensive way then what this quest requires today... but in My opinion popular worlds as in visitors sure is a better thing to base the token count on then stupid/ugly worlds Rated buy friends and the system of downrating others... I dont understand why it takes so long to see that this solution to the token aspect was not a good solution at all... change it back or remove it from worlds...
    IGN:BlueBuzz
    LvL:125

Banned

The new rating system is no better than the old one, honestly ive been trying these past 4 days to earn just 1 token, I have even borrowed jenuine's world SURGERY and borrowed STYX world LINK, I used over 400k gems on SBS and posted many times on my Instagram stories to get rates but nothing, while lame crappy worlds are top 10, how is that fair, seriously are we supposed to waste 400k gems to just get nothing at the end. How are we supposed to get rates besides sbing, on a side note, my friend bluebuzz tried weeks ago a thing, she locked a world called ratesuck, and told people to rate it and it got ranked, this shows how unfair the system is, creative cool worlds must get good ratea, not lame ones, just check one of the top worlds in information category or roleplay or something, there are more better worlds that really don't get rates despite the owners advertise them, I'm stuck on my legendary quest token step for ever if this keeps happening :/
    So let me get this straight.
    Ur mad cause ur stuck on a little "Legendary quest" and decided to borrow Mod's worlds for tokens.

Sigh, Truth is. People are lazy. We dont care if u ASK us to rate, some people simply wont rate it. Or maybe they will rate 1 to make it lower for you.

Also, really hercule? Bashing on other peoples worlds like that? We all cant be rich popular amazing builders like you guys. Dont call everyone elses worlds Lame. dont be the Pro player that people see most pro's as. (Aka dont be rude stuck up rich guy that acts better than everyone)

You made this thread cause ur mad about ur quest taking forever. I say be happy ur rich enough to try the legend quest at all.

And to everyone else:

Quote Originally Posted by Djcasso123 View Post
    I say be happy ur rich enough to try the legend quest at all.
    What's the point of starting something, if you can't finish it?

I agree, the update is just bad. It doesin't make anything good with the rates and without them.
    It's the same, but still... I prefer the old system back.

Maybe they should add on to it: the more blocks that are broken and replaced by some other blocks, the more growtokens they get. People will always find a way to success scams though. But it's just a game..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToMoon View Post
    What's the point of starting something, if you can't finish it?

I agree, the update is just bad. It doesin't make anything good with the rates and without them.
    It's the same, but still... I prefer the old system back.
    In the end, its just a game.

No need to rush things, finish them over time. Do the daily quest and slowly gain some tokens.

No need to get pissed off about the update because ur stuck on a quest step for a little while.

(It took me MONTHS to get a new carnival ring! And i wasnt raging.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionex01 View Post
    Here's how to get past it, make in a world in the least popular categories, usually art, roleplay, stuff like that. Easy to get ranked and get tokens.
    İkr like srsly i have one of the Best roleplay world in gt and my world is stuck in #32 roleplay while some worlds which is not even related to roleplay is in top 10.

Default FINAL SOLUTION TO TOKEN SYSTEM

There are too many complains about the token system.
    How about we...

That's the best solution I've got.
    Sounds crazy, but should get rid of all problems.
    Discord: Niskoshi#4509
    Reddit: u/Niskoshi

My favourite movie:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaCreepah View Post
    There are too many complains about the token system.
    How about we...

That's the best solution I've got.
    Sounds crazy, but should get rid of all problems.
    Sounds reasonable. Yeah.

Even if I earned more than 100 growtokens from this update, since my world is on top 50 (was top 10) and its ranked for like 40 days (?) I think the old system was better. The only thought I got why it was even rated because there are signs telling people how to get rich. I tried to get my other worlds rated, didn't work at all. Combining system would be the best solution IMO.
    IGN: MrDevil | Level: 72 | Achievements: 91/100
    Visit MRDEVIL by MrDevil!

To be honest, System Updates are fair to more than half Growtopians. System updates also hurts richies that buy a world for hundred DLs then the systems update come. Nothing to say, but after the system updates come, fake broadcasts decrease in-game.