View Poll Results: How do you find the new token system?

Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good, encourages people on building creative worlds.

65 24.71%
  • It truly sucks, totally bad, worse than the old one.

198 75.29%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The rating system truly sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Djcasso123 View Post
    So let me get this straight.
    Ur mad cause ur stuck on a little "Legendary quest" and decided to borrow Mod's worlds for tokens.

Sigh, Truth is. People are lazy. We dont care if u ASK us to rate, some people simply wont rate it. Or maybe they will rate 1 to make it lower for you.

Also, really hercule? Bashing on other peoples worlds like that? We all cant be rich popular amazing builders like you guys. Dont call everyone elses worlds Lame. dont be the Pro player that people see most pro's as. (Aka dont be rude stuck up rich guy that acts better than everyone)

You made this thread cause ur mad about ur quest taking forever. I say be happy ur rich enough to try the legend quest at all.

And to everyone else:
    Ok so you're trying to pick on me, that I am a bad person to down rate other worlds, its because I want to make the devs notice and do something about it asap, also why you're picking on my legend quest side, its true that I got pissed for not gaining one token, while I own great built worlds, and spent gems to sb and asked my followers on ig to rate but I got nothing, if you read closely my thread, this update was supposed to encourage people to make creative worlds, but with this system, nobody will since its unfair, the group thing is just to get noticed by the developers, there are great worlds that are rated but there are also bad ones that dont deserve it.
    If no body hates you, you're doing something wrong!

Work for a cause, not for applause - Live to express, and not for impress - Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

When life puts you in tough situations, Don't say Why me, just say Try me

You could get 500 people to rate 4, another world could have 5 rates 5. You lose.

I've been earning 1 token a day from the daily goals for my quest. I don't mind taking 50+ days to finish this quest step. I choose to skip some daily goals, such as yesterday's (deliver 200 iron bar seeds + 5 sponges) because it costs too much to buy those items and isn't worth it. By the way, shame on those vending worlds for changing their iron bar seeds to 1/WL knowing people need them for the daily goals. You know who you are!

Developers say that they increased SSPs to 100 gems and nerfed some RSP seeds because they want players to splice them, not buy them from the store AND potentially end profiting from selling seeds. But none of the daily goals really support their cause. There's no way you can splice or produce 200 iron bar seeds without buying them from a vending shop. Some shop had 1200+ of these seeds selling at 1/WL. This guy profited a decent amount over a 24 hour period from this daily goal alone. This contradicts what they say.

At the end of the day, Locke was introduced into the game to balance out the world locks and Crazy Jim was introduced to balance out the seeds in the game. Eventually, seeds (and blocks) will go back up to their value before shops existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    The new system is designed with a lot of features to prevent abuse, but we know how that goes... there will inevitably be some way to abuse it that we can't prevent because of other limitations. We just hope it won't be as bad as it is now! And hey, if it's not an improvement, we still have the old system available to switch back to.
    It's been almost 2 months since the new token system update and quite frankly it hasn't improved anything. Perhaps it's time to switch back to the old system?
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 105 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)

See everyone? 80% of the community doesn't like the new system. I said the majority of the players don't like it. Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
    Hours played: 3025 Only on my 3rd acc)

Goals:
    Get focused eyes: 63/100 tokens

Here to reveal the truth about others and if necessary, expose a few people. I'm here to try to be helpful, in a different way. If you don't like it, it shows you can't handle the truth. And I don't care if you like me or not.

Calling you out on your crap since 2016.

MY FORUM NAME EXPLAINED: I'm helpful when it comes to calling you out on your bull****.

Banned

Default Important.

Read this it's important...

When I was on legendary quest I used to hate the new system the first 2 days, like you I spent over 110k gems on sb and nothing, then at the 3rd day my world was top 67 I said, well it's not bad. Then it went to 50, and after to 4 top! Then I made another world and I was making daily quest too, I was getting 7 tokens per day. Top world doesn't come the first day. I had a budget of 1 million gems, but with this new rating system I didn't need them! This new rating system make all easier,faster and cheaper for me.

Have a good day!

You can check my thread 'I don't know what to do in losing the hope', I was acting like you, childish but that's normal, I was very angry. Please check it, I hope it helps you!

I really do not mind the system at all. If your world is good enough, the trolls who decide to /rate 1 will heavily outweigh the true voters.

This is probably due to me not getting tokens from the start, but hey, there's still the other 3 tokens gained through other means.
    Starkos? More like Starcos.

Social Media
    Twitter Account
    Instagram
    Discord Tag: Evets#4623
    In-Game Name: Evets

9/20/14, the disconnect we'll never forget.
    12/11/17, the compromised accounts.

Growtopian since October 2013.

Banned

Please check this thread!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...osing-the-hope

Believe me. It's normal to feel like that.

I don't think its bad, its just unfair. People can easily get tokens with the help of friends. I really thought the old system is actually better.
    IGN: Link

Follow me: @_Link.GT

Quote Originally Posted by @InspirationalBeing
    Sometimes change can only be embraced through action. Take action when the world needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by alextclam View Post
    I've been earning 1 token a day from the daily goals for my quest. I don't mind taking 50+ days to finish this quest step. I choose to skip some daily goals, such as yesterday's (deliver 200 iron bar seeds + 5 sponges) because it costs too much to buy those items and isn't worth it. By the way, shame on those vending worlds for changing their iron bar seeds to 1/WL knowing people need them for the daily goals. You know who you are!

Developers say that they increased SSPs to 100 gems and nerfed some RSP seeds because they want players to splice them, not buy them from the store AND potentially end profiting from selling seeds. But none of the daily goals really support their cause. There's no way you can splice or produce 200 iron bar seeds without buying them from a vending shop. Some shop had 1200+ of these seeds selling at 1/WL. This guy profited a decent amount over a 24 hour period from this daily goal alone. This contradicts what they say.

At the end of the day, Locke was introduced into the game to balance out the world locks and Crazy Jim was introduced to balance out the seeds in the game. Eventually, seeds (and blocks) will go back up to their value before shops existed.

It's been almost 2 months since the new token system update and quite frankly it hasn't improved anything. Perhaps it's time to switch back to the old system?
    about what hamumu said on abusing the system, I'm exactly trying to do so since its not fair at all and perhaps people already abused it when you see a crappy worlds in the top, that is why im making a group if 40-50 players to rate each others worlds and down rate top crappy worlds
    If no body hates you, you're doing something wrong!

Work for a cause, not for applause - Live to express, and not for impress - Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.

When life puts you in tough situations, Don't say Why me, just say Try me

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    The new rating system is no better than the old one, honestly ive been trying these past 4 days to earn just 1 token, I have even borrowed jenuine's world SURGERY and borrowed STYX world LINK, I used over 400k gems on SBS and posted many times on my Instagram stories to get rates but nothing, while lame crappy worlds are top 10, how is that fair, seriously are we supposed to waste 400k gems to just get nothing at the end. How are we supposed to get rates besides sbing, on a side note, my friend bluebuzz tried weeks ago a thing, she locked a world called ratesuck, and told people to rate it and it got ranked, this shows how unfair the system is, creative cool worlds must get good ratea, not lame ones, just check one of the top worlds in information category or roleplay or something, there are more better worlds that really don't get rates despite the owners advertise them, I'm stuck on my legendary quest token step for ever if this keeps happening :/
    The rate system is flawed, but it's not because the developers designed it to favor lack of creativity. It's more because the players choose to rate those worlds. It's up to them to decide what gets high ratings and what doesn't. It really does speak volume about what we like to see in our worlds, and the developers can't stop people being lured to unoriginal, effortless worlds.

Hercule I really appreciate the work your putting for all of us who want the old system back. Thanks man!

Sometimes change can only be embraced through action. Take action when the world needs it.

I do agree that the current system we have right now is heavily flawed, although I don't know what people expected. I think we should focus on ways we can improve what we are dealing with now, rather than just looking back and trying to revert an entire update. In my perspective, what was available to us before was just as bad. You either had to buy or lie your way to the top, and that's probably just as fair as it is now (completely distracts users from the real point of tokens). The only difference is the upper class doesn't have an automatic path to the top this time, it's luck for everyone.
    Last edited by KAGEE; 10-20-2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added a point

BTW. If we get the old system back, token scams will still be there anyways. The only reason token scammers are getting tokens, is because the players who support those worlds are not smart enough to realize. I think we need the old system back.

I don't admire the rating system, but I like the old system better..

but..

JUST DO DAILY QUESTS AND DAILY BONUSES..

I don't know why you should avoid them, especially when they're only like 20-30 wls to get 3 tokens a day, I've been doing this for quite a while (now stopped) and it worked well, just do it.
    IGN: SNOWYFOX

Master Sorcerer

Yes, it's not the best system, as it relies on a player base in which more than half of the people do not have critical thinking skills to properly give a vote.

A world with 4 players inside is rated number 1 in trade, and is a SB world
    Meanwhile, the previous WOTD's have won, oh let me count, 0 tokens

I think the developers would have been much better off by just adding /report

Post Do not change the rating system!

While both ways were easily exploited, The new system is better because you can see top rated worlds without going through 4 pages of "Buy" worlds.
    I like the new system better!
    Ign:Patty8ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post

To everyone who sees a crap world ranked #1 - please go in there and /rate 1 it. If it's still there the next day, something is probably broken with our internal ranking stuff. (I'm not convinced it's working right yet, actually)
    #GoSmellAChickenYouPieceOfBread

Played gt since December 29th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pooffy View Post
    BTW. If we get the old system back, token scams will still be there anyways. The only reason token scammers are getting tokens, is because the players who support those worlds are not smart enough to realize. I think we need the old system back.
    The /report is here to balance tho.
    IGN : Elyxial
    Level : 75
    Visit my page for more informations...
    Goals :

Lesser Wizard

Agree!!!! #BringOldSystemBack

Quote Originally Posted by ThatHelpfulGuy View Post
    See everyone? 80% of the community doesn't like the new system. I said the majority of the players don't like it. Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
    You really are stupid.

60 people on the forum is not 80% of the community, stop exaggerating it is doing nothing but disproving your point even more.

There is always going to be someone complaining about tokens system, not because it is bad, but because they only think of themselves, they only want the token system where THEY get the most tokens, wake up, lots of people have benefited and gotten more tokens then they will have ever gotten before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    I can't help it.. I have to mother everyone.
    But mom..

My GrowTopian Info

My Goals

Awesome art of me by Chudy!

#FireTemplar!🔥