Thread: In regards to the Change Of Adress scams...

Default In regards to the Change Of Adress scams...

I've seen plenty of people fall for it, including one of my good friends. She lost about 8+ DLs due to it. A small suggestion should do the trick: A one-day (24 hour) cooldown to make the world untradeable for the amount being.

I don't see any negative effects with this nerf. The positives are there. No more scams as such.

What do you guys think? Please do point out any flaws with this idea. I'm sick and tired of seeing the scammers doing it daily. They're all over trade worlds.
    You know what's better than playing games on your phone and wasting your time trying to become a moderator by posting a lot of stuff and pretending to be active and helpful on the forums, and having this fake persona on the Internet? A life. A social one, really, go hang out with friends. Focus more on yourself. Stop trying to impress people. Be yourself, honestly. No need to pretend. So many fake people here.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrokenSnappyApe-max-14mb.gif

This is the best suggestion I've seen in a while, especially since I was the good friend who got scammed 8 DLS. A cool-down would make it easier to identify this scam and help us not fall for it. Especially in conditions that I had no idea it existed and I fell for it. Bump!
    IGN: HaileyYM
    Level 84/100

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSmoke View Post
    I've seen plenty of people fall for it, including one of my good friends. She lost about 8+ DLs due to it. A small suggestion should do the trick: A one-day (24 hour) cooldown to make the world untradeable for the amount being.

I don't see any negative effects with this nerf. The positives are there. No more scams as such.

What do you guys think? Please do point out any flaws with this idea. I'm sick and tired of seeing the scammers doing it daily. They're all over trade worlds.
    I have never even heard of this scam.
    IGN: HyperChief
    http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com...5c270ebc13.gif
    I support this so much! Check out this "Inventors Update"

Quote Originally Posted by CubeZapper View Post
    What is life if you dont make and learn from mistakes, instead of cowarding from it.

Maybe the cool down starts as soon as you pick up the world key.
    Smart suggestion nonetheless!!

Uhh, I have never heard/seen this scam.
    How does it work?
    }x{ Vrae }x{
    I like pugs k!
    ------------------

Thats gr8 m8

Ha why u even reading this

They use doormover to put the door on the far left of the world, the put the items on the far right of the world, then they have you accept the offer, but when you trade with them they ban you, use address mover and msg you "coem bACK i missclicked pls" When you come back you are probably too lazy to run to the end again, but when you do the items ARE GONE If you don't bother to check this you will trade for an empty world basically
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia

"Domestic Techie"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryfan View Post
    They use doormover to put the door on the far left of the world, the put the items on the far right of the world, then they have you accept the offer, but when you trade with them they ban you, use address mover and msg you "coem bACK i missclicked pls" When you come back you are probably too lazy to run to the end again, but when you do the items ARE GONE If you don't bother to check this you will trade for an empty world basically
    Another way is they offer you, say, 800 tackles for something not worth way less. Too good to be true, and unfortunately, some people are greedy and decide to take it. My friend, however, decided to purchase a 2K Chand farm, and she fell for it. Same spawn, same everything, only thing different is the amount was less OR different trees. (Yes, they do that. She got HTBs and not even in a full amount.) -- one way to temporarily avoid it and punish scammers is by agreeing with them, then when they change the name (they cancel the trade by 'accident' and ban you), just leave the world. It'll make them spend a change of address. I've been doing this for a while now.
    You know what's better than playing games on your phone and wasting your time trying to become a moderator by posting a lot of stuff and pretending to be active and helpful on the forums, and having this fake persona on the Internet? A life. A social one, really, go hang out with friends. Focus more on yourself. Stop trying to impress people. Be yourself, honestly. No need to pretend. So many fake people here.

I said that.
    But my cool down is much more longer
    my cool down was 1-2 months.
    Just as punishment for an attempt to scam

Quote Originally Posted by PINCH View Post
    I said that.

That's just too much. Link to your thread, though?

Thumbs up

I agree!!.
    this is boring
    Add me on discord
    holaloh#9553

Atleast you have friends
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

Perhaps a small nerf is necessary. Although people should pay attention to what they're doing when Diamond Locks are on the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PINCH View Post
    I said that.
    If you attempted to scam, you'll probably get banned.
    Radical.