Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't trade Wizard ***?

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    This is a sort-of-unintended side effect of a (very logical) change: you can no longer trade a world with untradeable items in it (makes perfect sense, right? They're UNTRADEABLE). I hadn't even realized the wizard was untradeable. But I also hadn't realized people were trading them. There's not a lot of point to doing so, since you need to use your wizard to completion (which destroys it) to complete a legendary quest. I saw someone mention starting a quest and then trading him away in another thread, which only makes sense if your goal is to only START a legendary quest... which is a weird thing to do if you don't plan to finish it. Are people doing this just to hang out in LEGENDARYMOUNTAIN? That whole situation just keeps getting weirder.

I think we'll probably leave it this way because it makes more sense for the functionality of the wizard. Anybody have good reasons why it should be possible to trade the wizard? We could always change him specifically to be tradeable, but I just don't think it is a good idea to do so.
    My reasoning is that you can't remove your wordlock when you have legend wiz. What if you have a ruby lock placed and a l wiz. But you don't have enough dls to complete the quest or anything. I think you shouldn't be able to get the world key but atleast let me destroy my lock if I chose too

Quote Originally Posted by Needed View Post
    My reasoning is that you can't remove your wordlock when you have legend wiz. What if you have a ruby lock placed and a l wiz. But you don't have enough dls to complete the quest or anything. I think you shouldn't be able to get the world key but atleast let me destroy my lock if I chose too
    If you destroyed the lock, there would be a way around trading the Legendary Wizard. It would be a middle man sort-of-trade.

Untradeables were always meant to be untradeables.
    Previous MzPwnz
    I now go by Oshi/Oshí
    IGN:MzPwnz
    Discord: Ask it from me.

Banned

We definitely can't allow you to destroy a world lock while untradeable items are in the world. But I found a good solution here: the wizard will be an auto-pickup item after the next update, so you can break him and carry him around all you like. Still no trading!

We definitely can't allow you to destroy a world lock while untradeable items are in the world. But I found a good solution here: the wizard will be an auto-pickup item after the next update, so you can break him and carry him around all you like. Still no trading!
    So would that mean he would be in your inventory, and you can accept the next step when you click on him in your inventory?

'Tis quite vague.
    Previous MzPwnz
    I now go by Oshi/Oshí
    IGN:MzPwnz
    Discord: Ask it from me.

This is a great change! I'm going to be making my own wizard soon, so if I ever want to move it I could. Thank you for this change.
    Quick stats about me:
    In-game name: Ehud
    Joined Growtopia: July 2013
    Level: 100
    Main world: EHUD
    WOTD count: 1

Finally a Legendary Title owner!

Gosh no. Wouldn't that arouse much more middleman trading in growtopia?
    If people couldn't trade the world with the l wiz, they could just place it in someone else's world; an alternative method for trading the wiz again. That's so much more dangerous compared to the old method of just being able to trade the world with the wiz in it.
    IGN: Clymes

HE POPS AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME

uh dont want to burst your bubble or anything, but couldnt someone simply place it in someone elses' world?
    something about having an untradable block just kind of feels weird. i personally think it would be better to just let it be tradable.

also- if you didnt know, the Zeus Lightning Bolt is another untradable item that can be traded via. world trading. Because it is made via. a chemical combiner it is dropped on the ground.

perhaps an update where all creations from a combiner go straight to your inventory?

I don't really see any necessary reason to make it untradable to be honest. Why is it possible to sell the Legen and Dary seeds, and not the wizard? Might as well make those untradable as well right if the reason for not reverting the update is not selling the wizard. The focal problem of the update is not getting the wizard from World X to World Y, the main problem is the 70+ DLS placed on the wizard which would render useless for atleast 50 Days because of the token step. There was no warning whatsoever that this update would occur, it was just a drastic change the came out of the blue, wizard owners were not able to take actions for this particular matter. I believe that you should revert this change for a short while, as the idea of untradable items is great, however there was no particular warning whatsover.

Master Sorcerer

Are people doing this just to hang out in LEGENDARYMOUNTAIN?
    How is this even related to the rest of your paragraph? One reason why people would like to start a quest would be to get the "LEGEN..." achievement that has quite a cool looking sword logo. Besides, there's no reason to change the current system IMO. What untradeable items can be dropped anyway beside the Zeus Bolt? And to be honest, making the Zeus bolt untradeable was quite strange from the first day, considering how it was always possible to be traded in some way. Unless the upcoming update needs this feature, it looks completely useless in my perspective.

Why make the Wizard tradeable? Well, why not? It has always been so for over two consecutive years and no problems had arisen regarding its trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aram Sevag View Post
    How is this even related to the rest of your paragraph? One reason why people would like to start a quest would be to get the "LEGEN..." achievement that has quite a cool looking sword logo. Besides, there's no reason to change the current system IMO. What untradeable items can be dropped anyway beside the Zeus Bolt? And to be honest, making the Zeus bolt untradeable was quite strange from the first day, considering how it was always possible to be traded in some way. Unless the upcoming update needs this feature, it looks completely useless in my perspective.

Why make the Wizard tradeable? Well, why not? It has always been so for over two consecutive years and no problems had arisen regarding its trade.
    His first comment about the legendary mountain was most likely a joke as he tends to put that in item descriptions sometimes as well.

Great point though.
    IGN: Clymes

HE POPS AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Boppi Von Finkledorf View Post
    Edit: Spoilering this as it was covered on both sides of the issue by Lionex01. Don't walk away from your PC for 15 minutes and expect to not be ninja'd in that timeframe!

This update didn't come months ago, it hasn't been around since untradeable items existed. It came only just recently (along with a client update for the PC(+other platforms?)). It seems foolhardy to criticize the update as pointless, when it could simply be laying the ground work for a future update.
    For instance, if they added some kind of box to put your untradeables in, or allowed you to set untradeables into Display Boxes/Shelves.
    Edit: Or, as a more immediate example, if you crafted a Zeus' Lightning Bolt and left it laying in a Laboratory. Though that one seems mildly silly to make an update specifically for that.
    Would be more reasonable to let the bolt go straight into the inventory instead of coming up with a whole new feature patch.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snowy View Post
    If people couldn't trade the world with the l wiz, they could just place it in someone else's world; an alternative method for trading the wiz again. That's so much more dangerous compared to the old method of just being able to trade the world with the wiz in it.
    It's easy to prevent this : only allow the player to place a wizard if he owns the area, like locks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptelo View Post
    It's easy to prevent this : only allow the player to place a wizard if he owns the area, like locks.
    U mean like sheet music? That might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
    This is a great change! I'm going to be making my own wizard soon, so if I ever want to move it I could. Thank you for this change.
    This is actually a really good idea I must agreed :3

Visit GeneralBazaar [Shop] & LuckySite [Geiger World with Anti-Gravity]

Check out my Youtube video

IGN: AttisGT
    Instagram: attisgt
    Pewdiepie Tuber's Simulator: CoffeeBoost

I think it makes perfect sense to make the Wizard Untradeable in worlds, it is a Legendary Quest and most people are just using it as a way to gain access to Legendary Mountain... Admittedly I started my quest on a friend's wizard, simply to get to the token step. However you should also be allowed to use mannequins, display blocks and display shelves be used to display untradeables. It also means we won't have to keep hauling around our untradeable items for a long time, I have like 10-20 spots of my bag taken by untradeable things. Naturally it would make sense for you to only be able to display these items if you were the owner and only be able to remove them if you were the owner. Also not being able to remove the lock that gives you ownership over it makes sense. Also making clothing items that are untradeable not drop but simply not be removed from the mannequin in instances when the bag is full.

Yes my paragraph sucks but you get what I'm talking about.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Master Sorcerer

This is a sort-of-unintended side effect of a (very logical) change: you can no longer trade a world with untradeable items in it (makes perfect sense, right? They're UNTRADEABLE). I hadn't even realized the wizard was untradeable. But I also hadn't realized people were trading them. There's not a lot of point to doing so, since you need to use your wizard to completion (which destroys it) to complete a legendary quest. I saw someone mention starting a quest and then trading him away in another thread, which only makes sense if your goal is to only START a legendary quest... which is a weird thing to do if you don't plan to finish it. Are people doing this just to hang out in LEGENDARYMOUNTAIN? That whole situation just keeps getting weirder.

I think we'll probably leave it this way because it makes more sense for the functionality of the wizard. Anybody have good reasons why it should be possible to trade the wizard? We could always change him specifically to be tradeable, but I just don't think it is a good idea to do so.
    Keep it untradeable, a legendary quest should be harder than it used to be. Also, make it unaccesable for others (I don't know if it already has been implemented), people are being scammed because they access others and start complaining they trusted alot that player but ended being scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snowy View Post
    Can place only in own world locked worlds, we see that you cannot think with logic.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

I have to agree here.
    Token quest is the hardest and longest, you need ALOT of time to complete it (and wls).
    True, daily items prices are getting up and up, so people sell their wizards, get done with the quest, and if they have invested enough wls, they can buy it again. That doesnt make any sence to make wizard untradable.
    Hey, I'm Mandarin!
    IGN: MandarinPlay
    I play GT alot

I do weird stuff and all..
    Main goal in Growtopia: Get Zeus' Lighning Bolt!
    My shop: *SOON*

Ooh I like this.. motivates me to move faster to get a wizard.. thank you
    A smile is contagious, spread the joy

From now Legendary Wizard is an untradeable item. ( Its an untradeable item. If you break it, it will return to your inventory. )
    HexiuGT