View Poll Results: Your opinion on Ubisoft's acquisition

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it! Growtopia will be even better than before.

60 37.50%
  • I'm positive, but it doesn't really bother me.

36 22.50%
  • Neutral.

34 21.25%
  • I don't really like it, but otherwise it doesn't bother me.

20 12.50%
  • I absolutely hate it!

10 6.25%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft partnering with growtopia DISCUSSION THREAD.

Banned

Various answers to some of the insanity we see in-game and the questions on here:

1. The terms of the transaction aren't public. You'll just have to imagine for yourself! I will say the person who broadcasted that Ubisoft paid us "2 DLs and a corndog" is not correct. I'm a vegetarian.

2. The game is not resetting so everybody is level 1 (yes, that IS a completely ridiculous idea... but people latched onto it when somebody BC'd it!)

3. We're not moving servers, firing moderators, losing Ham & Seth, or anything else. Nothing is changing on your end (though we reserve the right to make changes in the future, as we always have). The game will continue exactly as is except for the copyright notice on the title screen. It will of course change over time, but it has always done that. How it will change is anybody's guess, but Ubisoft bought the game because they believe in what we've achieved and want to see it continue to be a success.

4. We will be gaining new moderators. Who they'll be, and whether they'll be Ubisoft employees, regular players, or a combination of both, I can't say at this time.

5. Ham & Seth will remain exactly as is for the near future, and will gradually move from the day-to-day coding to a design position overseeing what is happening, as we get replacements trained.

The gist is that the same brains are making the choices (and teaching others how to make such choices, so we can keep succeeding), and we just have a whole lot more muscle behind the game to make those same brains able to accomplish more! And moderate more. Hoo boy, we need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Various answers to some of the insanity we see in-game and the questions on here:

1. The terms of the transaction aren't public. You'll just have to imagine for yourself! I will say the person who broadcasted that Ubisoft paid us "2 DLs and a corndog" is not correct. I'm a vegetarian.

2. The game is not resetting so everybody is level 1 (yes, that IS a completely ridiculous idea... but people latched onto it when somebody BC'd it!)

3. We're not moving servers, firing moderators, losing Ham & Seth, or anything else. Nothing is changing on your end (though we reserve the right to make changes in the future, as we always have). The game will continue exactly as is except for the copyright notice on the title screen. It will of course change over time, but it has always done that. How it will change is anybody's guess, but Ubisoft bought the game because they believe in what we've achieved and want to see it continue to be a success.

4. We will be gaining new moderators. Who they'll be, and whether they'll be Ubisoft employees, regular players, or a combination of both, I can't say at this time.

5. Ham & Seth will remain exactly as is for the near future, and will gradually move from the day-to-day coding to a design position overseeing what is happening, as we get replacements trained.

The gist is that the same brains are making the choices (and teaching others how to make such choices, so we can keep succeeding), and we just have a whole lot more muscle behind the game to make those same brains able to accomplish more! And moderate more. Hoo boy, we need that.
    I have a question. If you're vegetarian, why is your name Hamumu?
    Anyways, good luck with your decision!

Canada: The nation of maple syrup and bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowtopiaSanta View Post
    It's true pixel worlds will get closed?
    Well, they have more "legal muscle" so its possible...
    Leave a positive mark for the world to see.

#LeastKnownForumerOver1kPosts

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
    IGN: Immaculate

So they bought it for 2 dls, and a salad?
    WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS

Please message me if you know why my computer is so cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    You cannot change your gender. That's natural law.

I appreciate this big move you two made for the game, Ham! I see nothing wrong with this as you guys won't really leave us in a very abrupt manner. Plus, it seems the game is going to be more controlled in the future.

Will you and Seth be able to craft a new game once you two have more time in your hands? That would be awesome.
    Be the guiding light of people who are lost in the darkness.

Wotd Counter: 13
    Collaborated Wotd Counter: 15

Problems the forum cannot help with should be emailed to support@growtopiagame.com
    It doesn't hurt to know the rules—A Must-Read for New Forum Members!
    Your question might actually be here—FAQs Answered by Support!
    Be a forum expert—The Forum Manual!

The future looks bright, so wear a pair of shades: http://growtopia.wikia.com/wiki/Shades
    Quick stats about me:
    In-game name: Ehud
    Joined Growtopia: July 2013
    Level: 100
    Main world: EHUD
    WOTD count: 1

Finally a Legendary Title owner!

With a huge influx of players I can see inflation skyrocketing like never before
    Sb spams will increase, and the price will rise once again.
    And overall... drama complaining about ubisoft

Calling it right now

I honestly think this business opportunity is good for growtopia and the developers. It won't be such a burden on Seth, mike and the current moderators. We will see a whole lot more security and them to be cracking down a lot more on scamming and hackers. Also some major events getting a rework would be nice.

Oh and expect to see items and things from Ubisoft to be in the game aswell.
    Got banned because someone broke into my account and used it to scam. Cannot get my account I spent a couple hundred dollars on, but apparently that’s none of my business...

Cool CONGRATULATIONS GROWTOPIA !

I'd just like to take this time to congratulate , @Seth, and @Ham on securing a deal with Ubisoft they without any doubt will help this game reach its true potential ! For those of you that aren't familiar with Ubisoft they have made great games such as , Assassins creed, Hungry shark Evo , and Just dance for the App Store. This is without a doubt a HUGE milestone for this game. Imagone of the game were to move onto different platforms like PS or Xbox ? Yeah it might be a while away but as we just witnessed Growtopia has slowly been making so many improvements ! Don't take this game for granted ! Grow on ladies and gentlemen !
    iAbel

Default RTsoft

Will RTsoft logo will be changed to Ubisoft logo?
    IGN: HeroProfit
    I like doing daily challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroProfit View Post
    Will RTsoft logo will be changed to Ubisoft logo?
    So thats why everyone is buying it.

Probably not, maybe a ubisoft logo
    WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS

Please message me if you know why my computer is so cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    You cannot change your gender. That's natural law.

You just made me realize that Ubisoft can code a growtopia for console that has single player on it AS WELL AS MULTIPLAYER.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerixer View Post
    I understand you wanna take Growtopia to great heights, but don't let Ubisoft get in your way. You guys make the updates, you guys keep the game how it is. Please just be careful, something bad could happen to Growtopia if you aren't.
    Honestly if you read the announcement, they answered all these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
    You just made me realize that Ubisoft can code a growtopia for console that has single player on it AS WELL AS MULTIPLAYER.

That would be awesome! I could imagine playing it on my PS4.
    Don't exchange your dignity for popularity. - Steve Maraboli

Only in the darkness can you see the stars. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by iAbel View Post
    I'd just like to take this time to congratulate , @Seth, and @Ham on securing a deal with Ubisoft they without any doubt will help this game reach its true potential ! For those of you that aren't familiar with Ubisoft they have made great games such as , Assassins creed, Hungry shark Evo , and Just dance for the App Store. This is without a doubt a HUGE milestone for this game. Imagine of the game were to move into different platforms like PS or Xbox ? Yeah it might be a while away but as we just witnessed Growtopia has slowly been making so many improvements ! Don't take this game for granted ! Grow on ladies and gentlemen !
    That's a bit hard, in PS or Xbox, cause don't forget that Ubisoft have 2 "kind" of games" IOS & Consoles. There is 2 "boss" for those. Not only one... And the one that decided to buy Growtopia will certainly not put it in consoles, cause it's an IOS game, forever. But yes, game will be boost up as a Toyota with a rocket, because Ubisoft is a HUGEEE company. They bought game to respect their Open Games Worlds, and to get some $$$. It's a huge benefits for everyone...! Seth & Hamumu got boosts in front of Pixels worlds (They will rekt it), we get more updates, less scammers, more mods and, why not, MORE GROWTOKENS WAYS?! And, as I say, Ubisoft also get a HUGE boost of their IOS Open Games Worlds community, and a boost on their wallets! Ha ha, hope I corrected some of your mistakes!

Chances of outcome coming true: 99.9999999999999999% (my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardson97 View Post
    I honestly think this business opportunity is good for growtopia and the developers. It won't be such a burden on Seth, mike and the current moderators. We will see a whole lot more security and them to be cracking down a lot more on scamming and hackers. Also some major events getting a rework would be nice.

Oh and expect to see items and things from Ubisoft to be in the game aswell.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's just so crazy to me that Ubisoft would buy a game like this... It seems like a huge step out of their comfort zone. One thing I would love to see is stable server devolpment, safer multiplayer gameplay, and improved graphics. Just because this game is greatly populated on iOS and Android, PC needs to see some form of improvement or more of a beneficial stance. What would u like to see?
    Stay curious and free.
    or.... Just be a Dolphin!

Become A Dolphin Today by Subscribing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUm...GbHhJyr1GjTolw

Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    With a huge influx of players I can see inflation skyrocketing never before
    Sb spams will be increase the price once again, and overall drama complaining about ubisoft

Calling it right now
    Imagine, SBs that cost 1,000,000 Gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgicals View Post
    Imagine, SBs that cost 1,000,000 Gems.

There would need to be around 1,666,000 players to reach that price.
    Don't exchange your dignity for popularity. - Steve Maraboli

Only in the darkness can you see the stars. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDude View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's just so crazy to me that Ubisoft would buy a game like this... It seems like a huge step out of their comfort zone. One thing I would love to see is stable server devolpment, safer multiplayer gameplay, and improved graphics. Just because this game is greatly populated on iOS and Android, PC needs to see some form of improvement or more of a beneficial stance. What would u like to see?
    Eventually in everyone's life, they will have to step over their comfort zone and explore new things. Also they will greatly improve the PC side of things greatly. Also they will make it a more stable and safer gameplay experience for everyone.

To your question for what I would like to see. I'd like to see a more diverse group of moderators that have shifts on growtopia around the clock and I'm going to be very happy about it when it happens.
    Also I would like to have an assassian suit for my growtopian.
    Got banned because someone broke into my account and used it to scam. Cannot get my account I spent a couple hundred dollars on, but apparently that’s none of my business...