Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This game is dying.

Cool This game is dying.

Ok. Hear me out.
    (pls only reply if u have red thread thoroughly and have seen other replies, I don't like people repeating others, merci)

It's like it's not what it used to be. Growtopia back then was fun, was enjoyable to find the new items, was awesome to see special inviduals, and WOTDs, or world in general were so cool to visit. But it's not like that anymore. The economy is just in ruins, it's manipulated by a select few worlds, and is just controlled over and over again, with people following their rules. Each update brings items that look amazing, but then just do nothing. I feel like they are just lazy with introducing new features, like there are such rare and interesting looking items that do absolutely nothing, and are just merely useless. These items are the majority. They cost so much, but do so little and are forgotten. This is just a painful cycle to watch, new update comes, new items are released, items are found in first 3 days, items are forgotten except a select few because they are mechanically unique - these are like wearables, or jammers, or blocks that are just interesting. And it's really sad, to see them make these really cool blocks that are so fabulously made for world builders, but are just so hard to find/obtain, that it makes it demotivating to try and try something unique. And it's so demotivating to make worlds, and them hardly get noticed because they aren't useful to the community, in the ways that players don't benefit off them. It's like you have to force them to play by adding a prize every time they do it, and you have to get the world WOTD to get players to see the world, which only lasts for 24hr, and nobody remembers it. And the lack of creativity I see in WOTDs, and the fact that it's most commonly won by the same people (yeah, I know I was one of those people) and I do see why - some of those people do put effort into their worlds and their worlds deserve WOTD, but sometimes people don't put effort into WOTDs, and use them for a source of profit or fame, or acknowledgment. The trophies are useless now, they don't show any purpose, any reward. They are just there, eaten up by a stupid dragon quest, or sold away for profit. The idea that the game is just controlled by the rich is sad, the fact that they make all the new items first, that most items are useless and cost a lot to make, and the lower individuals just feeding off the recipes to see if they can make profit. It's seriously horrific to see how the game works - lower players can't experience the cool new items because they are poor, meaning they have to spend hours a day trying to profit or gain world locks to see these items, and that turns them into the controlling people. And that happens or either they quit, because it's just so much work for them.
    And one factor, that drives me mad is that the developers don't say anything, don't even respond to the community, don't reply or anything. I hardly see them post a reply on a thread that has a problem on it unless it was about a glitch or a bug. I just feel like us forumers have no connection to the developers, and that they are just so independent, or that they only take our ideas for one event a year (PAW), and they just keep themselves to themselves. And when they do try and fix something, they might even make it worse.
    (pls what did you think removing the Easter challenge was to then make the item more expensive by giving it a uselessly expensive recipe which will just give more profit to the very few who CONSTANTLY won it...)
    Grow tokens kinda just ruined the game.
    It's more so the community that is ruining the game, not so much the devs. But who can fix that, right? Ha.

Yeah I quitted ages ago I just wanted to feel satisfaction from voicing my opinion.
    Doubt any Devs will respond to this thread.
    Replies will be like "if you don't like it, then why do you play the game"- ha, I don't.

P.S. good luck reading that wall of text, thank you if you did.
    Last edited by Techy; 04-18-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    𝓢𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓡𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES Β¦ SELFDEPRIVED Β¦ FEARLISTENS Β¦ RIFT Β¦ PSYCHOVILLE Β¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Hey, I'm doing my best.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Master Sorcerer

Ugh. Never thought that I'll have the feeling again of so much things to say that I end up saying nothing at all.

γ€ŒIGN : dronshi」

This game is ruined by the money spender . Experienced player who played 4 years and more
    The one who get crushed is us - normal guys. But the thing we can do is nothing no one can change the price until they are the owner of selected worlds .
    And please change the title this game is not dying it is screwed
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

They should really start perfecting old updates instead of just overloading the game with items.
    Crime, ghosts, dinosaurs, daily challenges, steam, etc. All had so much potential, but lack popularity as they aren't beneficial. They are only used for finding new items, and easily forgotten. Reasons why surgery is so popular is because of how profitable it can be, and how much of a bet it is. They should really make other ones like this (crime for instance). It could really spice up the game and add more of a dynamic feel to the game.

I also feel they should perfect daily challenges, making it much fairer for the community. This would invite more people to play, and to have fun. As of now, it's constantly the same players. I feel like it should be skill-based, with a set amount items or necessary things given to the player when they do a command such as /challenge, which brings them to a new server with the items necessary to the challenge. This would encourage low-level players, and rich to do it, instead of the rich constantly overloading on requirements and basically gauruntee victory. More players doing challenge, means it would be more challenging.
    𝓢𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓡𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES Β¦ SELFDEPRIVED Β¦ FEARLISTENS Β¦ RIFT Β¦ PSYCHOVILLE Β¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Banned

I'll agree

This was once a game about curiosity and socializing.Now it's about grinding and trickery

Frolicking somewhere Discord: Achilles #6419

Create the change you want to see in the world. Growtopia is growing, you can't do anything except to go with the flow or you'll get eaten up. Growtopia is becoming more and more like real life, sadly.

I'll agree with you, growtopia is more enjoyable in the past or rather way more enjoyable in the past, people are actually socializing, having fun and not locked in their farm world farming for hours. But hey, growtopia is only a medium and you're still the one who decide what to do with it.

The sky is falling.
    Never been this calm watching it.

Ought to make a difference.

(Hey! Hang with me at https://discord.gg/jum53bG)

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. One problem though, Ubisoft.

Looks like this game will be on LifeSupport (get it?) for a while.

I moved on to other games because they give me more of the sense of achievement and entertainment. Nothing much is entertaining in GT anymore besides the people you talk to and the new but somehow forgettable features.
    Whoa! I'm back, physically but not in spirit.
    IGN: Areodax - Discord: Areodax#4384
    Main World: THEMOONCAKEFARMS

My Stand can store heat in a single point.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    It's like it's not what it used to be. Growtopia back then was fun, was enjoyable to find the new items, was awesome to see special inviduals, and WOTDs, or world in general were so cool to visit. But it's not like that anymore. The economy is just in ruins, it's manipulated by a select few worlds, and is just controlled over and over again, with people following their rules. Each update brings items that look amazing, but then just do nothing. I feel like they are just lazy with introducing new features, like there are such rare and interesting looking items that do absolutely nothing, and are just merely useless. These items are the majority. They cost so much, but do so little and are forgotten. This is just a painful cycle to watch, new update comes, new items are released, items are found in first 3 days, items are forgotten except a select few because they are mechanically unique - these are like wearables, or jammers, or blocks that are just interesting. And it's really sad, to see them make these really cool blocks that are so fabulously made for world builders, but are just so hard to find/obtain, that it makes it demotivating to try and try something unique. And it's so demotivating to make worlds, and them hardly get noticed because they aren't useful to the community, in the ways that players don't benefit off them. It's like you have to force them to play by adding a prize every time they do it, and you have to get the world WOTD to get players to see the world, which only lasts for 24hr, and nobody remembers it. And the lack of creativity I see in WOTDs, and the fact that it's most commonly won by the same people (yeah, I know I was one of those people) and I do see why - some of those people do put effort into their worlds and their worlds deserve WOTD, but sometimes people don't put effort into WOTDs, and use them for a source of profit or fame, or acknowledgment. The trophies are useless now, they don't show any purpose, any reward. They are just there, eaten up by a stupid dragon quest, or sold away for profit. The idea that the game is just controlled by the rich is sad, the fact that they make all the new items first, that most items are useless and cost a lot to make, and the lower individuals just feeding off the recipes to see if they can make profit. It's seriously horrific to see how the game works - lower players can't experience the cool new items because they are poor, meaning they have to spend hours a day trying to profit or gain world locks to see these items, and that turns them into the controlling people. And that happens or either they quit, because it's just so much work for them.
    And one factor, that drives me mad is that the developers don't say anything, don't even respond to the community, don't reply or anything. I hardly see them post a reply on a thread that has a problem on it unless it was about a glitch or a bug. I just feel like us forumers have no connection to the developers, and that they are just so independent, or that they only take our ideas for one event a year (PAW), and they just keep themselves to themselves. And when they do try and fix something, they might even make it worse.
    (pls what did you think removing the Easter challenge was to then make the item more expensive by giving it a uselessly expensive recipe which will just give more profit to the very few who CONSTANTLY won it...)
    It's more so the community that is ruining the game, not so much the devs. But who can fix that, right? Ha.

Yeah I quitted ages ago I just wanted to feel satisfaction from voicing my opinion.
    Replies will be like "if you don't like it, then why do you play the game"- ha, I don't.

(i'm pretty much answering your every point, so, like, if it's repetetive of your post, its probably because I agree lots, i guess)
    I agree with you plentiful. When the game was first released, it was such a bloody gem - for lack of a more suitiable word - and now it's this plate of snags and bangers that have been left on the bench all arvo.

A new update came out and it was actually intriguing, to say the least, and now it's either an update with a good premise but poorly executed or a terrible update that no one dares speak of. The items are more or less rehashes of other items - with the exception of the good items they release here and there, of course.

The entire economy is in shambles - imagine post Brexit - that an entire revamp of it would not save it, were a revamp possible.

WOTD these days aren't as well planned out as they used to be - like, back then the entire worlds were filled with blocks and nowadays, if it looks griefed it can still win? - and those that are bloody rippers of a world, don't get the recognition they deserve for various unknown reasons. The trophies use to be a sign of "I am cool," but now it's a sign of "I'll be selling this later for profit or to get Legendary Dragon and my WOTD was only made with that in mind," which really irks me.

The game is only made with the rich in mind if we're being completely honest. I mean, it's not so much the developers fault but more or less the people in charge of the economy simply because they either a) hoard items or b) own "BUY____" worlds. As mentioned before, it is turning into post Brexit but ten times worse, and it's only going to get worse from here. Ok, so imagine you're going down the street, right, and you see a couple of homeless bogans - singlets, shorts and thongs, generic bogans, haven't showered in months - now, sure, you could say it's their fault that they're like that, but it really isn't all their fault. They might not be able to work so their only source of income is the Government yet the Government don't pay them ample enough wages and still complain about them. I was going somewhere with this but I'm pretty sure you can see what I mean - BUY____ owners are the Government in this scenario but they don't pay wages - they control prices which is sort of similar...

The developers went from actively communicating with the community to only listening to them occassionally for Player Appreciation Week and it's really sad, not going to lie. That's a part of why games go downhill so fast. They need to actually communicate with the community or we'll never get out of this big hole.

TL;DR The game is a plate of cold bangers and mash that's been out on the bench all arvo - can be better if you put it in the microwave and heat it up.

Discord: GummiBear64 πŸ‹#1913

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Ok. Hear me out.
    (pls only reply if u have red thread thoroughly and have seen other replies, I don't like people repeating others, merci)

I agree. But im too obsessed with getting my CALF LEASH FIRST
    The one thing i regretted? Playing this game
    my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

The game has a chance to redeem itself, but without cooperation from each other it wouldn't be near possible, everything you mentioned, it's happening and I think that's the game in phase of it right now, I still enjoy the little things out of everything but not everyone would do the same, most has been eaten by greed and the goal to just earn earn earn, The game has still a chance, but without sooner action nor changes it'll just loop itself until it'll be near impossible for new comers to enjoy even the simplest of things.
    IGN: Nupthial
    Personal announcements will be listed "here."

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    (i'm pretty much answering your every point, so, like, if it's repetetive of your post, its probably because I agree lots, i guess)
    I agree with you plentiful. When the game was first released, it was such a bloody gem - for lack of a more suitiable word - and now it's this plate of snags and bangers that have been left on the bench all arvo.

A new update came out and it was actually intriguing, to say the least, and now it's either an update with a good premise but poorly executed or a terrible update that no one dares speak of. The items are more or less rehashes of other items - with the exception of the good items they release here and there, of course.

The entire economy is in shambles - imagine post Brexit - that an entire revamp of it would not save it, were a revamp possible.

WOTD these days aren't as well planned out as they used to be - like, back then the entire worlds were filled with blocks and nowadays, if it looks griefed it can still win? - and those that are bloody rippers of a world, don't get the recognition they deserve for various unknown reasons. The trophies use to be a sign of "I am cool," but now it's a sign of "I'll be selling this later for profit or to get Legendary Dragon and my WOTD was only made with that in mind," which really irks me.

The game is only made with the rich in mind if we're being completely honest. I mean, it's not so much the developers fault but more or less the people in charge of the economy simply because they either a) hoard items or b) own "BUY____" worlds. As mentioned before, it is turning into post Brexit but ten times worse, and it's only going to get worse from here. Ok, so imagine you're going down the street, right, and you see a couple of homeless bogans - singlets, shorts and thongs, generic bogans, haven't showered in months - now, sure, you could say it's their fault that they're like that, but it really isn't all their fault. They might not be able to work so their only source of income is the Government yet the Government don't pay them ample enough wages and still complain about them. I was going somewhere with this but I'm pretty sure you can see what I mean - BUY____ owners are the Government in this scenario but they don't pay wages - they control prices which is sort of similar...

The developers went from actively communicating with the community to only listening to them occassionally for Player Appreciation Week and it's really sad, not going to lie. That's a part of why games go downhill so fast. They need to actually communicate with the community or we'll never get out of this big hole.

TL;DR The game is a plate of cold bangers and mash that's been out on the bench all arvo - can be better if you put it in the microwave and heat it up.
    Totally agree with you and specially the game dying part
    I have seen some games die just because they ( developer) were not interested in game anymore or wanted to earn money BUT we got a benefit that our game developer are showing much interest in the game .
    The thing they are not doing is that they aren't seeing some brilliant ideas here and there (game ) .
    this thread got me triggered
    IGN : Aneeqz51
    Level : 67

Time is the biggest investment you will ever make

I have to agree. No one even knows the real meaning of this game (If you know this, Then very good)

Punch- Duh..
    Build- Most people build vending world's and parkour's that literally has a design used all over again by people, I just wanna see this word used seriously.
    Grow- I don't even see anyone ever splicing anything. NOT ONCE. NOR TWICE (Well during easter and pineapple they do splice)
    Visit me in PHOENIX234!

IGN : Bundestag
    Instagram : @bunder_stags_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Nupthial View Post
    The game has a chance to redeem itself, but without cooperation from each other it wouldn't be near possible, everything you mentioned, it's happening and I think that's the game in phase of it right now, I still enjoy the little things out of everything but not everyone would do the same, most has been eaten by greed and the goal to just earn earn earn, The game has still a chance, but without sooner action nor changes it'll just loop itself until it'll be near impossible for new comers to enjoy even the simplest of things.
    I don't think so. They ruined it too much to the point that the majority will complain if done, and it will just become chaos.
    Seems more like the devs are more left wing. (They care more of the majority than individual thoughts)
    32 WOTDs

The most annoying part of the game was farming. Ugh, grind, grind and grind for gems until you plant your all of your seeds and go back to storage and see you have

• 18482 black rocks
    • 3929212 Venus
    • 292929 pinballs

Left to farm. I just gave up at this point.

I haven't play gt in 3 days now, i feel bored. It was so fun back then in 2014.
    Well that's my opinion, idk bout u.

I aggred whit this. I barely have any wl and pepole just make fun of those (and me) who are more poor than them (me) (maybe scam them, bully) insted of helping them! Imagine. If all the players worked all toghether they coud make this game more fun.
    But every where must be a good and bad so the "Bad comunity" actually makes the game harder and if you know who is a scammer or not you can just simply ignore him but, sadly, reality is tough and many are "good" until you become you best friends whit them then simply scam you (i have experience whit this i got scammed 14 wl+ by coolman62) so it makes no sense and this acctually make the game unfair. If Dev. stoped doing... well umm... "thingyes whit they're... Bananas... ._." the game will be more fair so like the line you nearly always see in the news "Scammed items cannot be replaced" it's very unfair if they could do something about this, i repeat myself, the game in more fair.

For you to know i play this game from 2016 Winter Fest till now.
    So i'm like a very new player.

Banned

I wish someone would buy HONORS and close the damn thing. That would change things up.

Before, in what, march-april 2014, things were actually balanced. Golden Angels were around 450 each and there wasn't any 200-300 DL items like there is now in the game. Anything, even the rarest items, were eventually obtainable by working hard enough.
    Now you have to work about 10-100 times (depends on what item) as hard to get the item you previously wanted.
    This easter was...horrible. Cool, a useless duck that doesn't do anything for 10 rainbow eggs! OH, Lets make the brainflower recipe 10 rainbow eggs to make the people who have it richer and richer! A pair of shoes that doesn't even give the speedy mod for a rainbow egg!
    If the devs actually added blocks that had cool abilities (like a gravity block or something, could allow you to walk upside down) people would be intrested.
    The items like the new-ish sewing awnings/buntings are horrible, 30 WLs for a block that doesn't even look decent.
    Sure, it bounces, but why waste 30 WLs when you could get a mushroom for nothing, or heart awnings for 2/1?
    The buntings are just plain useless, god. PROTIP, devs: If almost no one is using the party buntings (which are 3-5/wl) in their worlds, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO USE 30 WL ONES? Then there's the hell of finding the recipe in the first place - boom, another 100-500 WLs down the drain.
    If you actually added NEW BLOCKS THAT DID NEW THINGS, people would try to make them. Add something like a new weather machine from sewing, and BOOM, everyone would be intrested, and maybe actually try to find it!!!
    Funfact, the last 3-4 weather machines added have all been 650WL+ ones (pagoda, heatwave, spring, howling sky). Spring is just a recolored version of sunny, and it costs 1K+ WLs to make...

Add new, intresting things. Gravity controllers, that allow you to change how high growtopians can jump in your world. Blocks that break after you stand on them for 2 seconds, then regenerate 3 seconds later. Sideways platforms/Upside down platforms. Actually INTRESTING things.
    Then people maybe wouldn't forgot the items so fast....

If there wouldn't be boots with speedy mod, then almost all boots would be used.
    hi im temmie!

My BFG world: WasabiGems

Quote Originally Posted by EpicKandy View Post
    If there wouldn't be boots with speedy mod, then almost all boots would be used.
    Or at least make them somewhat interesting for people to wear on a day to day basis.
    32 WOTDs