Thread: D Horns.

Knight

Default D Horns.

IMO i don't think the people deserve 730 days banned or even worse a perma ban.The rules DID NOT say anything about Duplicating items being wrong.Alot of people just expected a Rollback just like how the other times were.And why did they not do the same for the Easter Egg Geiger glitch last year during Easter?Im confused.I lost Alot of good friends along with this update.
    ~IGN:StartKr/StertKr
    ~Placed my first pixel during Summerfest 2014
    ~Purple Sword Owner
    ~Co Leader of SG guild Salakau
    ~My Profile picture is really old lol

Master Sorcerer just one growtopian's Avatar

Isn't it kind of common sense that abusing a serious exploit isn't a good idea?
    ButterPeanut

Other stuff:

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."

-Bill Watterson

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by just one growtopian View Post
    Isn't it kind of common sense that abusing a serious exploit isn't a good idea?
    People have been exploiting Multiple Items such as Geigers and Being able to break bedrock in the past.SethMumu just fixed it by rolling the server back.
    This is MO btw,No offence ya
    ~Purple Sword Owner

Lesser Knight

Duplicating items. Cheating. Aren't they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by petstone View Post
    Duplicating items. Cheating. Aren't they the same?
    Abusing and cheating isn't quite same but that doesn't mean that abusing is good
    WOTDs:

Achievements:

is exploiting illegal? I believe it is but can't recall seeing it in the rules..
    POINTER's LAST WORDS:

Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    is exploiting illegal? I believe it is but can't recall seeing it in the rules..
    Same.I dont recall seeing ANYTHING about exploiting or Duplicating in the rules.
    ~Purple Sword Owner

Squire

Angry

This ban/suspend solution is not even going to help the community... The egg-hunting basket glitch didn't even affect anyone. This is just pure drama.

Quote Originally Posted by StartKr View Post
    Same.I dont recall seeing ANYTHING about exploiting or Duplicating in the rules.
    i bought 1 pair of horns from a vend And got banned? Nice!

Angry

Some people even evaded ban while others may have transfer the wls they earned to other accounts. I also heard some people were banned for no reason and some just had the wls they earned taken and the horns taken. What drama is this?
    MrClone
    Level : 58

Goals Done

Achieve Mini-You
    Achieve Phoenix Wings
    Made My Main World

not every rule/bad thing that is negative is written in the rules, it's written in your common sense. However i do feel bad for those who bought and invested in thousands of horns without duping and got banned.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Quote Originally Posted by FyreX View Post
    not every rule/bad thing that is negative is written in the rules, it's written in your common sense. However i do feel bad for those who bought and invested in thousands of horns without duping and got banned.
    Not exactly. Some knew its not allowed but why a ban? This affected the gameplay of GT and the economy yet no rollback? Just plain unfair punishments?
    MrClone
    Level : 58

Goals Done

Achieve Mini-You
    Achieve Phoenix Wings
    Made My Main World

Quote Originally Posted by MrClone View Post
    Not exactly. Some knew its not allowed but why a ban? This affected the gameplay of GT and the economy yet no rollback? Just plain unfair punishments?
    hamumu said that if their ban wasn't permanent they would come back with the dhorns they duplicated and crash the economy once again, but i still think rollback was/is the right choice.
    | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
    "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidSpam View Post
    and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Lesser Wizard

It is their fault. There are still some of them left but hey thats what happens when your security is broke. At least there are less idiots left.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Just to add more info for people to understand things here:

We used an automated scan to find people who exploited this. So we only punished those who duplicated repeatedly (as somebody who did it once or twice may not have even known they were duplicating).

All in all there were around 1300 people who 'used the glitch' (again, many of them may not have intended it). Around 600 were banned, because they used it many times.

Only those people who did it many times were banned. Several of them are going around the forums right now saying "I never did it!" or "I did it only once!" Those people are lying. We have actual logs we check for this stuff. So please, stop spreading misinformation and let's be clear: only people who exploited a bunch of times were banned.

And since this is another thing people keep misunderstanding: We don't use the permaban because this was so much worse than something that warrants a smaller ban. We use a permaban because it's the ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM. If you dupe stuff and we ban you for 30 days, after 30 days, you come back with all your duped items and our economy is not fixed in any way. It doesn't fix anything. The permaban is the only option to actually get the items out of the economy. We cannot just remove items from everybody's accounts, for a ton of reasons, but just for one: imagine how difficult it would be for a computer to determine if an item in your backpack was obtained legally or not. Is the computer going to run a completely log check with some kind of neural network parsing on every person as they log in? We have tens of millions of accounts, and even more worlds, so we can't just scan through everything and wipe it clean to what it should be. The safest and best solution for something like this is to get the people who did it out of the economy.

As always, if you think you deserve to be unbanned, for whatever reason (I mean if you ACTUALLY think that, not just you wish it were the case), email support@growtopiagame.com instead of posting on here stories about how you didn't really do it.

Hopefully this information helps people kind of understand the situation better. The only two options that exist to prevent economic problems are permabans or rollbacks. And rollbacks are absolutely devastating to every player who played in the last 24 hours, while permabans only affect a few people - those same few people who cheated and exploited. I think the choice is pretty obvious.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

watch this guy he was selling account now he is unbanned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csguciQBhs8&t

Lesser Wizard

Oh, are we surprised? Of course not. You know why they don't do rollback? Because Hamumu doesn't have balls to do it. Talking more specifically, there is a huge money flow going on in Growtopia. Thousands of dollars in a hour. Well he can't do it because he is afraid of legit players to get mad to him. Well last thing, he won't ever do a rollback unless there is a war going on in Growtopia.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSeth View Post
    It is their fault. There are still some of them left but hey thats what happens when your security is broke. At least there are less idiots left.
    im one of the smarties now
    Warning, spoiler contain large data

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOnika View Post
    watch this guy he was selling account now he is unbanned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csguciQBhs8&t
    I sense a little bit of toxicity on this quote.
    I vow to defeat the Night of the Comet.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOnika View Post
    triggered.