Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Horn Exploit Bans are now account-specific

Banned

Default Diamond Horn Exploit Bans are now account-specific

We realized we can meet our goals without actually locking the exploiters out of the game entirely - people who exploited the glitch have now had their bans changed to apply only to their accounts (including most alts), not to their devices. So they can play again on new accounts if they wish. The items and ill-gotten wealth have been removed from the economy (for the most part), but we don't need to actually remove the players.

Of course I totally understand why someone would not want to play again if they had lost everything. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a big pain. But the option is there to return if you wish.

Frolicking somewhere Discord: Achilles #6419

i hope this stops all those rants.

The sky is falling.
    Never been this calm watching it.

Ought to make a difference.

(Hey! Hang with me at https://discord.gg/jum53bG)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    We realized we can meet our goals without actually locking the exploiters out of the game entirely - people who exploited the glitch have now had their bans changed to apply only to their accounts (including most alts), not to their devices. So they can play again on new accounts if they wish. The items and ill-gotten wealth have been removed from the economy (for the most part), but we don't need to actually remove the players.

Of course I totally understand why someone would not want to play again if they had lost everything. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a big pain. But the option is there to return if you wish.
    Guess that's the most that will happen. I'm going to track down my friends and help them, of possible.
    Discord: Saltimas#8154

This is a very nice signature.

Not gonna complain, love ya Ham

List of scammers:
    1:Wuve
    2: Swemp
    3: Relevant

Growtopia ID: V

Growtopia Drivers Liscence

I feel sorry for all of you banned brothers ♡

thepigfarmer

Could I at least get my ghc and 6 pp that were banned for just making 35 d horns? I don't think I got a ghc or 6 pp from the 35 d horns sitting still in my account, but I will thank you for your offer for letting us come back.

Lesser Wizard

This is the best solution we're going to get, although in a way I am slightly happy this has panned out this way as it will pose a lesson for those who choose to blindly experiment without thinking about the potential consequences.

then again, 3 years gone to waste because of 1 item. Just remove all the horns and dls..
    discord: airxry#5595

I guess that's the most greatest and possible solution, let this be treated as a warning for exploiting. Then again, I feel bad for those who lost their items, but Hamumu gave you a second chance; I guess.
    Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
    Content Moderator at Growtopia Wikia since November 23, 2018
    Discord Tag: Viju#7557
    Former Forum Name: Mijuki04
    IG: @onlinepricechecker

HAMUMU YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE PLAYERS YOU BANNED LOVES GROWTOPIA BUT I THINK YOU REALIZE IT NOW SINCE WE'VE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR 5 HOURS NON STOP.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Question 1: I won't be banned if I play using the same device?
    Question 2: Also my friend uses my alt and I didn't touch that so will it be banned? I didn't check because I'm afraid it will be banned.
    Question 3: Since you've tracked down the people who did it, why not just delete the Horns in their inventory and if possible, roll back their accounts only.
    POINTER's LAST WORDS:

Banned

Welp,guess my suggestion thread is pointless

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by SyFo View Post
    Not gonna complain, love ya Ham
    What do you have to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    Could I at least get my ghc and 6 pp that were banned for just making 35 d horns? I don't think I got a ghc or 6 pp from the 35 d horns sitting still in my account, but I will thank you for your offer for letting us come back.
    Why should you get a special exception to the rule?
    IGN: 13Storms

Want to learn how to invest? Read this thread: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...roperly-invest

I come and go from the forums as I please.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx1 View Post
    What do you have to complain about?
    He has nothing to complain about because if he's on the same position as the guys who have been banned, he would've realized it too. But for now, well.. speaking tall as if he's someone.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Master Sorcerer

Thanks for at least giving us a chance.

But the goal is to stop the Diamond Horn inflation. Not to lock up our thousands of hours of fun.

So I suggest that those that duped under peobably 15 horns (a small amount) would be free, but at the expense of having all horns from their account taken.

But those that duped over 15 must have a motive: to get more WLs. We don't need those guys. Perma.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    HAMUMU YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE PLAYERS YOU BANNED LOVES GROWTOPIA BUT I THINK YOU REALIZE IT NOW SINCE WE'VE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR 5 HOURS NON STOP.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Question 2: Also my friend uses my alt and I didn't touch that so will it be banned? I didn't check because I'm afraid it will be banned.
    Question 3: Since you've tracked down the people who did it, why not just delete the Horns in their inventory and if possible, roll back their accounts only.
    I agree with 3. You have logs why not use it haha

Because a rollback would be way too difficult to fix this mess... (i didn't do the exploit or get banned). I think that it is ignorant of Ubisoft/rtsoft/whomever not to do a roll back as it is THEIR fault that the people were even capable of doing this and I think a roll back and no bans would of been more than adequate to fix the game.

As for the starting a new account and not being banned from the game and the previous account is banned is just rubbing salt into the wound and I think that it is more so a mock than a "I'm sorry our game was broken" consolation.

Do not get me wrong I am not taking it all out on you Mike however I feel like what happened would of been easier to fix with a patch and a rollback rather than a patch and a ban wave.

EDIT: Okay this has pushed me over the edge, GROWTOPIA has unbanned a FAMOUS YouTuber after he said sorry, still worried about getting a good presentation by the media but can't help everyone else? So much for the community being treated equally and I am borderline quitting just out of frustration on how Ubisoft/rtsoft/whom ever is treating their audience honestly if I could use stronger words and not get banned on the forums to express my feelings I would do.
    Last edited by Dinobones62; 06-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Ign: Snapmare
    Discord tag: Frofa #1390

I'm a stereotypical Brit

Forum clickables

thepigfarmer

Quote Originally Posted by 13Storms View Post
    Why should you get a special exception to the rule?
    I was speaking for all of us, I'm saying that we should be able to get our items that weren't the result of the glitch. I guarantee you that people who made the items in the last 2 hours the glitch was out and only made like 3-40 didn't get the rest of their items from the d horns. Especially those who didn't even sell the d horn. They can easily reach their goal by deleting the items if they actually put time into it. It's our fault for trying the glitch, but after all is it really our fault the glitch was there. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    I was speaking for all of us, I'm saying that we should be able to get our items that weren't the result of the glitch. I guarantee you that people who made the items in the last 2 hours the glitch was out and only made like 3-40 didn't get the rest of their items from the d horns. Especially those who didn't even sell the d horn. They can easily reach their goal by deleting the items if they actually put time into it. It's our fault for trying the glitch, but after all is it really our fault the glitch was there. What do you expect?
    The concept of a punishment for cheating really evades you. You're searching for someone to blame other than yourself.
    The fact that you replied to Hamumu's thread just to ask for your ghc and items back shows how shameless you are over being caught.

Ham, notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post

1: The bans have been lifted from the IP and the devices, the ban only applies now to the accounts.
    2: I think it's safe to say it's all good to open now since they lifted the ban, and those only applies to the specific terminated accounts (not sure yet).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike, as for #3 question from the quote above, please, at least try to listen to us. You have your logs and everything recorded, so why don't you just double check and terminate those who have been duplicating the item for an advantage probably 15+. As far as i can tell, you know the difference between those who have been trying to abuse it and for those because they were just curious.

It's either you issue a roll back for those specific accounts that did no harm and were caught up with the suspension, or you entirely wipe the item's existence from the game and none of this would've really happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted text, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobones62 View Post
    Because a rollback would be way too difficult to fix this mess... (i didn't do the exploit or get banned). I think that it is ignorant of Ubisoft/rtsoft/whomever not to do a roll back as it is THEIR fault that the people were even capable of doing this and I think a roll back and no bans would of been more than adequate to fix the game.

As for the starting a new account and not being banned from the game and the previous account is banned is just rubbing salt into the wound and I think that it is more so a mock than a "I'm sorry our game was broken" consolation.

Do not get me wrong I am not taking it all out on you Mike however I feel like what happened would of been easier to fix with a patch and a rollback rather than a patch and a ban wave.
    "As for the starting a new account and not being banned from the game and the previous account is banned is just rubbing salt into the wound and I think that it is more so a mock than a "I'm sorry our game was broken" consolation."

"however I feel like what happened would of been easier to fix with a patch and a rollback rather than a patch and a ban wave."
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    The concept of a punishment for cheating really evades you. You're searching for someone to blame other than yourself.
    The fact that you replied to Hamumu's thread just to ask for your ghc and items back shows how shameless you are over being caught.
    Ok Your Highness I will not duplicate anything again

Stop acting all high and mighty because you arent banned, you obviously don't understand everyones situation so step down from those clown shoes of yours.