Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Contact Support

Banned

Question How To Contact Support

As Growtopia Support is currently crushed under the weight of about 2500 emails, it seems like a good idea to explain how to write your email so they can help you quickly. (Though, I wrote this not them, so blame me if I get something wrong here.) Most of you forum folks probably know how to do this, but there are new people here all the time.

If you paid for gems and didn't get them, read this: https://growtopiagame.com/faq/detail...t-receive-them

There's now a fancy FAQ page at https://growtopiagame.com/faq. Lots of their most common questions are answered there, and more will be added over time. Some questions link to a contact form where you can send support an email about your problem.

1. Support is https://growtopiagame.com/faq If you contact someone else, then nobody at Growtopia will get the email! Emailing Seth or Hamumu directly isn't faster, it just means they forward you on to support.
    2. Tell them your name! Whether it's a GrowID or not, tell them what it is! Include the _123 at the end for guest accounts. This saves a huge amount of time! They don't have to spend time trying to hunt for your name or guessing what it is, and you don't have to wait 2 days just to get a "What's your name?" reply.
    3. Don't tell them your password! They don't need it, ever. Telling your password doesn't prove you own an account. They don't need it to unban you. They don't need it to make you a moderator. They don't need it! If anyone asks you for your password, they're trying to steal from you.
    4. Use your real email address! The new contact form has a box to put your email address in. If you type it in wrong, you won't receive any replies that support sends you! You will either be or so make sure you get it right!
    5. Be patient! Most of the time, they will email within 2 days. It's usually less during the week, and can be more during weekends. During apocalyptic disasters (like the current Diamond Horn business, or bad autoban glitches) it can be longer than that. (Humans can only answer emails so fast, after all.) If you email them every 5 minutes asking why they haven't responded yet, all you do is make them mad, and slow them down. In fact, sending another email usually drops you to the back of the queue because of how the system works. So, try to stay calm and wait. Of course, if you realise you forgot to mention something (like your name), go ahead and send another email.
    6. Use the same email address! If you send multiple messages from different email accounts, about the same issue, it just gets really confusing for them. Again, you'll just slow them down. It's especially useful if you can use the email address connected with the GrowID you are asking about - in some cases they CANNOT talk to you from a different address!
    7. Tell them your name! I'm putting this here again because it's apparently easy to forget to do.
    8. Support are people! None of support is automated. They do use pre-written responses, but that's to save time: If they had to hand-write every email explaining that someone should stop playing drop games, they'd need a team 10 times the size, and it would drive them all crazy. So, please treat them like people.
    9. Be polite! Just like you shouldn't yell incoherent profanity at moderators or at strangers in the street, don't do it to support either. Because they're human, if you treat them nicely, they might go the extra mile to help you with problems. (They'll try and help anyway of course!) On the other hand, if you repeatedly just yell at them you'll get banned.
    10. They are not perfect! Like all people, support make mistakes, or misunderstand what you say sometimes. It's especially important to be calm and polite if you think they made a mistake. If you just tell them to !@#$, they'll probably ignore you.
    11. They only speak English! Unfortunate, but true. You can write in another language if you are more comfortable with it, but anything that isn't English, they'll have to translate, and they will always reply to you in English. So, it's very important that if you use another language, you spell your words correctly. Otherwise Google Translate gets confused, and support thinks you're trying to order a pizza.
    12. Tell them your name! Seriously, so many people don't do this.

Some things Support can't help you with:

• You got scammed. (Sorry, once you've been scammed it's too late. If a moderator sees the scam happen they can punish the scammer, but they can't return items.)
    • You got a short punishment of 8 hours or less. (Most of the time it takes at least 12 hours to get a reply, which is too late.)
    • Your friend got banned. (Your friend needs to email them about it.)

Edit: We have an FAQ now, yay!
    Last edited by AtkinsSJ; 09-06-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Sending people to our new FAQ!

Master Sorcerer

dangit im second >

delete these replies and lock pls

wait how to email

Help pls
    discord: airxry#5595

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by xFloat View Post
    Wait how to email

Help pls
    Electronic mail, or email, is a method of exchanging digital messages between people using digital devices such as computers, mobile phones and other electronics. Email first entered substantial use in the 1960s and by the mid-1970s had taken the form now recognized as email. Email operates across computer networks, which today is primarily the Internet. Some early email systems required the author and the recipient to both be online at the same time, in common with instant messaging. Today's email systems are based on a store-and-forward model. Email servers accept, forward, deliver, and store messages. Neither the users nor their computers are required to be online simultaneously; they need to connect only briefly, typically to a mail server or a webmail interface, for as long as it takes to send or receive messages.

Originally an ASCII text-only communications medium, Internet email was extended by Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) to carry text in other character sets and multimedia content attachments. International email, with internationalized email addresses using UTF-8, has been standardized, but as of 2017 it has not been widely adopted.

The history of modern Internet email services reaches back to the early ARPANET, with standards for encoding email messages published as early as 1973 (RFC 561). An email message sent in the early 1970s looks very similar to a basic email sent today. Email had an important role in creating the Internet, and the conversion from ARPANET to the Internet in the early 1980s produced the core of the current services.

Quote Originally Posted by LolDawn View Post
    Electronic mail, or email, is a method of exchanging digital messages between people using digital devices such as computers, mobile phones and other electronics. Email first entered substantial use in the 1960s and by the mid-1970s had taken the form now recognized as email. Email operates across computer networks, which today is primarily the Internet. Some early email systems required the author and the recipient to both be online at the same time, in common with instant messaging. Today's email systems are based on a store-and-forward model. Email servers accept, forward, deliver, and store messages. Neither the users nor their computers are required to be online simultaneously; they need to connect only briefly, typically to a mail server or a webmail interface, for as long as it takes to send or receive messages.

Originally an ASCII text-only communications medium, Internet email was extended by Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) to carry text in other character sets and multimedia content attachments. International email, with internationalized email addresses using UTF-8, has been standardized, but as of 2017 it has not been widely adopted.

The history of modern Internet email services reaches back to the early ARPANET, with standards for encoding email messages published as early as 1973 (RFC 561). An email message sent in the early 1970s looks very similar to a basic email sent today. Email had an important role in creating the Internet, and the conversion from ARPANET to the Internet in the early 1980s produced the core of the current services.
    i don't need to know history of email need to know how to email pls
    discord: airxry#5595

The sponsoring items FAQ needs to he updated, it still says that the sponsoring feature is unavailable.

(One of the FAQ's about having your ideas incorporated in the game, accessed via the link at the start of the OP).
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by LolDawn View Post

Plz teach me ur copy and paste skills
    I draw bad arts and write stories.
    Pucca is my spirit animal

https://media.tenor.com/images/893c5...2908/tenor.gif

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 4179
Size:  1.96 MB
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    The sponsoring items FAQ needs to he updated, it still says that the sponsoring feature is unavailable.

(One of the FAQ's about having your ideas incorporated in the game, accessed via the link at the start of the OP).
    Thanks! I'll mention it to the developers but they're a little busy right now.

Master Sorcerer

Okay, so tell them their name 3 times right? Or should I say it 4 times in the email? Jk

Anyways, good job on that thread, maybe extend the part about what not to email, ie) you saw a scam and emailed support about it, or like spam about wanting to become a mod

Only problem

I have no idea how to email
    I don't play this anymore

My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
    It's especially important to be calm and polite if you think they made a mistake. If you just tell them to !@#$, they'll probably ignore you.
    The sentence is wrong, it should be, " If you tell them to !@#$ off, they'll probably ignore you."

Telling them to !@#$ doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post
    The sentence is wrong, it should be, " If you tell them to !@#$ off, they'll probably ignore you."

Wow you are expert
    I don't play this anymore

My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Quote Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
    Thanks! I'll mention it to the developers but they're a little busy right now.
    A little. Somehow, I feel that a group of people are running around screaming about the Diamond Horn problem.
    Oh look! Someone punched their computer. Whoopsies!
    IGN: Smekky
    Level: 49

Check out my album here for random Pearls Before Swine comics that I used to randomly post (They're not mine).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    Screw logic.

Avatar by ChuckinDuckins, Thank you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post

I actually wrote "!@#$ off" first but decided just "!@#$" was less rude. IDK. Plus, most of the time if someone is yelling abuse they don't conform to grammatically correct sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenX View Post
    A little. Somehow, I feel that a group of people are running around screaming about the Diamond Horn problem.
    Oh look! Someone punched their computer. Whoopsies!
    I think there's a lot of fire involved too.

This thread made me wonder about how they deal with guest accounts. I doubt there's only one lol_123 out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    This thread made me wonder about how they deal with guest accounts. I doubt there's only one lol_123 out there.
    Ikr. Also, guest accounts have no email address linked with them, so how would support know if its actually that person?
    Check out my latest video!

Can support remove locks if there owner is inactive and aren't a main lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Imposteur GT View Post
    Can support remove locks if there owner is inactive and aren't a main lock?
    They can, but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    They can, but they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I learned that we could write an email to support if we need to remove an inactive lock
    Well.. maybe you're wrong