Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Contact Support

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kranken View Post
    This thread made me wonder about how they deal with guest accounts. I doubt there's only one lol_123 out there.
    Same as for moderators, it's mostly guesswork. (Though if someone is asking why they're banned, then it's probably the one that's banned.) It's possible a moderator could ban the wrong one if a few were online at the same time, but I think that's unlikely. There are 49 accounts named lol_123 (plus some others which were named that before they became a GrowID). Maybe they should try and organise a party!

Quote Originally Posted by Imposteur GT View Post
    Can support remove locks if there owner is inactive and aren't a main lock?
    No, you have to wait for the 180 days. I think the game will delete world locks after a year or so of inactivity, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
    Same as for moderators, it's mostly guesswork. (Though if someone is asking why they're banned, then it's probably the one that's banned.) It's possible a moderator could ban the wrong one if a few were online at the same time, but I think that's unlikely. There are 49 accounts named lol_123 (plus some others which were named that before they became a GrowID). Maybe they should try and organise a party!

No, you have to wait for the 180 days. I think the game will delete world locks after a year or so of inactivity, too.
    Pls count all "lol" & "pro" guest accounts

I just found what useful things mods can be used in
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Shew View Post
    I emailed support and asked them to ban me, however they said they didn't do this service.
    Why?

(If they banned me they can help me control myself better)
    Just get yourself banned, though it kinda hurts you morally because you have to do something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
    As Growtopia Support is currently crushed under the weight of about 2500 emails, it seems like a good idea to explain how to write your email so they can help you quickly. (Though, I wrote this not them, so blame me if I get something wrong here.) Most of you forum folks probably know how to do this, but there are new people here all the time.

If you paid for gems and didn't get them, read this: https://growtopiagame.com/support.php?q=3

Actually, https://growtopiagame.com/support.php is generally good to check before emailing. A few of their most common questions are answered there.

1. Support is support@growtopiagame.com If you email someone else, then nobody at Growtopia will get the email! Emailing Seth or Hamumu directly isn't faster, it just means they forward you on to support.
    2. Tell them your name! Whether it's a GrowID or not, tell them what it is! Include the _123 at the end for guest accounts. This saves a huge amount of time! They don't have to spend time trying to hunt for your name or guessing what it is, and you don't have to wait 2 days just to get a "What's your name?" reply.
    3. Don't tell them your password! They don't need it, ever. Telling your password doesn't prove you own an account. They don't need it to unban you. They don't need it to make you a moderator. They don't need it! If anyone asks you for your password, they're trying to steal from you.
    4. Be patient! Most of the time, they will email within 2 days. It's usually less during the week, and can be more during weekends. During apocalyptic disasters (like the current Diamond Horn business, or bad autoban glitches) it can be longer than that. (Humans can only answer emails so fast, after all.) If you email them every 5 minutes asking why they haven't responded yet, all you do is make them mad, and slow them down. In fact, sending another email usually drops you to the back of the queue because of how the system works. So, try to stay calm and wait. Of course, if you realise you forgot to mention something (like your name), go ahead and send another email.
    5. Use the same email address! If you send multiple messages from different email accounts, about the same issue, it just gets really confusing for them. Again, you'll just slow them down. It's especially useful if you can use the email address connected with the GrowID you are asking about - in some cases they CANNOT talk to you from a different address!
    6. Tell them your name! I'm putting this here again because it's apparently easy to forget to do.
    7. Support are people! None of support is automated. They do use pre-written responses, but that's to save time: If they had to hand-write every email explaining that someone should stop playing drop games, they'd need a team 10 times the size, and it would drive them all crazy. So, please treat them like people.
    8. Be polite! Just like you shouldn't yell incoherent profanity at moderators or at strangers in the street, don't do it to support either. Because they're human, if you treat them nicely, they might go the extra mile to help you with problems. (They'll try and help anyway of course!) On the other hand, if you repeatedly just yell at them you'll get banned.
    9. They are not perfect! Like all people, support make mistakes, or misunderstand what you say sometimes. It's especially important to be calm and polite if you think they made a mistake. If you just tell them to !@#$, they'll probably ignore you.
    10. They only speak English! Unfortunate, but true. You can write in another language if you are more comfortable with it, but anything that isn't English, they'll have to translate, and they will always reply to you in English. So, it's very important that if you use another language, you spell your words correctly. Otherwise Google Translate gets confused, and support thinks you're trying to order a pizza.
    11. Tell them your name! Seriously, so many people don't do this.

Some things Support can't help you with:

• You got scammed. (Sorry, once you've been scammed it's too late. If a moderator sees the scam happen they can punish the scammer, but they can't return items.)
    • You got a short punishment of 8 hours or less. (Most of the time it takes at least 12 hours to get a reply, which is too late.)
    • Your friend got banned. (Your friend needs to email them about it.)
    How many people are in the growtopia's support?
    Last edited by 8Pijus; 06-10-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Shew View Post
    I emailed support and asked them to ban me, however they said they didn't do this service.
    Why?

(If they banned me they can help me control myself better)
    They do that sometimes. I saw another thread that he asked support for a ban until his exams are over.

Support seems to be unable to fix/change an incorrect email attached to a Grow-ID, as far as I can tell.

I've emailed them multiple times over the past few years with varying degrees of success; some people told me I had to show gem purchase receipts, which I didn't have at the time, but I do now. Others told me it wasn't possible under any circumstance. My sister (who also input it incorrectly) was able to change her email even though she encountered the same situation I did.

If anyone can help me, yknow, please do. I'm super paranoid about not having been able to change my password...

(I'm also 90% sure of what the email I wanted to use for my grow id was. But I use a different one now.)
    IGN: ITSBAMBOO
    bazinga

Our heroes are epic men of flesh and blood.
    SHE / HER
    Selling crime cards at \TOOLHUB!\ Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Imposteur GT View Post
    Can support remove locks if there owner is inactive and aren't a main lock?
    No they can't.
    "Each daily decision will either limit or broaden your opportunities." -Robert D. Hales

This makes me feel bad for those guys, i am pretty content with the way it works, if i see autobots, i break autobots.
    i usually try asking a question as well, to prove they are helpful. like this if it works:

Carson------

Subject: So I'm emailing support because mods are busy, sorry. So I was thinking about trying to start off my YouTube by doing a new video idea called mod ride along,you know? Like when cops bring citizens with them to fight crime?It doesn't seem like they care though and they won't respond ever. Also are you solorien and if you are you are cool!
    MAR 30, 2017 | 12:59AM JST
    Growtopia Staff replied:
    Support is actually just as busy as the moderators. Maybe more busy?

I don't think a moderator could take you along with them. They are supposed to keep commands secret, often they are invisible, and you would get caught in any mass punishments they did.

I'm not Solorien
    ------------------
    i had another one about a sandwhich but its gone, anyways someone responded, helped, and answered.

wherever you are peanut butter on white bread. i miss you.
    IGN: Carsonplayz
    Level: 21
    --------Goals2k17-------
    Get a Dragon[0/1]
    Get 10 Mod sigs[0/10]
    Get a Ring [0/1]
    Collect a Wand[0/1]
    ---------------------------
    Favorite item:
    Phlogisten ('o-o)
    ----------------
    Message me for help!
    ---------------------------
    Is this a joke?
    Are you having-
    a chuckle? Well
    Haha... I'm the
    one with a degree.
    --------------------------

Banned

I'm sorry I don't understand how to contact them you didn't tell us the email in which we can contact them. I'm so confused. Btw, I'm not trolling HELP ME! Holy crap you use a pet burrito, no wonder you're a moderator. Good job!

if you're asking how to email support, you can msg them on fourms instead

Banned

The shiny new GrowtopiaGame.com has an updated FAQ with lots of questions and issues covered. Go there if you have problems, and it will link to a contact form for situations you might need to email them about.

Wink

Atkins did you forget to lock this thread?
    You might know me, but not as well as him.
    Blaze Thunder, Growtopian Since 2013
    **The one that rants about... stuff**
    Worlds:BlazeTGaming,BlazesCavern.
    IGN: BlazeTGaming
    Instagram : @blazetgaming
    Discord @Blaze_Thunder#7629

At least I'm the last one to reply.
    removed weird signature
    Please do not use that picture again or I will have to ban you.

Banned

I wanna be one last guy

Quote Originally Posted by MattLaurence View Post
    I wanna be one last guy
    In your dreams

Discord:CoolZ#8735

"If you're eating chocolate, then chocolate is eating you."

Hmm.Can I be the last?
    GrowID:Natalame

Quote Originally Posted by Natalame View Post
    Hmm.Can I be the last?
    Nah

Discord:CoolZ#8735

"If you're eating chocolate, then chocolate is eating you."

Im last

Quote Originally Posted by 8Pijus View Post
    How many people are in the growtopia's support?
    Bump, could you tell me how many people are in the support? Or is this a secret?
    IGN: pijus5324
    Want to see a funny video? Click!!

Quote Originally Posted by 8Pijus View Post
    Bump, could you tell me how many people are in the support? Or is this a secret?
    Probably a secret
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726