Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beta - Complaint

Default Balloon Warz - Complaint; a little topic on other monthly events

Yes I've started with the title of the new update, how awful of me, I've truly committed a horrible taboo act haven't I? Not that it hasn't already been made obvious by the piles of other threads haunting this subforum. And considering the month is almost over, talking about the monthly update openly should be fine, right?

It's already the 28th and we still don't have an update, I don't know if you know how months work but we only have 3-4 days left of this month. As the developers initially said when monthly updates were new stuff, these updates would be released as close to the start of the month as possible. Why then has it been pushed all the way to the end of this month? Fun fact: this monthly update is the latest in Growtopia Monthly Update history to come out.

Furthermore let's get onto the actual update, the concept is great but I am once again appalled at the limits of this update, how is it not visible that lag will obviously screw people over, and why aren't there themed water bombs? We have 3 balloons which give different points but why is it so narrow minded, what about a balloon that does splash damage, anyone within a certain radius, or what about a balloon that gains 10 points if it lands a hit but takes a lot of energy to throw so paralyses you for 2 seconds; the possibilities are endless. The vast potential that could have been implemented in this new update but weren't is a real let down.

In another thread I've already talked about the beta server so I won't go into detail about it, however, the beta has shown us all that this update has to offer. As Palea made a good argument of it in the aforementioned thread (except for a different reason), this update uses recycled features, it feels like a last-minute, scrapped together feature that brings us no new game-changing features. Consumables have been in the game for a long time, it would be nice if there was something unique to this update. It just feels like a combination of game pack, pandemic and daily challenge.

Oh and I just want to add, if an event is new to a month, say it's like THE WHOLE MONTHLY UPDATE, like that pandemic thing we had going on earlier this year, why doesn't it happen MULTIPLE times in the month so we can actually enjoy it instead of a single day in the month where we can experience the new update until we need to wait another month for it to arrive?
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

WER IS UPDOOORT
    Hiiiiiii cj is da name.
    Ign:cjzyz

Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy

"If people are people then what are people?"

Bro, you got no idea how 100% I agree on everything you just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idelarosa View Post
    The beta was used to test the new pack and not anything else.
    nah, it was full of toxic sbers farming undersea blasts to sb. There were so little people, there wasn't even really anyone to balloon. Also what happens after the war? Are the prizes?
    Sub to my youtube channel here! Means a lot!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC08...PiIyg/featured

IGN - Jake645

Level: LV. 53

(Received LV. 50 on November 5th, 2016)

GOALS

Own GROW and make it famous again - Own it, and have gotten honors several times

Get something good in surgery - Gotten one med scarf on an alternate account

Get as many rollback plaques as possible (Collecting beginning 8/10/17) - Currently own 383

Last updated: September 3rd, 2017

Beta server requirements lowered on the last day lol.

Might I ask why the colour on the pipe of balloon-o-matic changed to green or something. It looked as if the feature was to extract balloons from the device by punching it or something they apparently removed it pr something. Or I'm just missing something.

The beta server had a capacity of 1000 players but it only had 200-300 players. They made the requirements way to large only to change them without anyone looking at the announcements page every day.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

I think they will the update when the monthly item gets released.

IGN:StarByte
    There's this thing called life.

Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    I think they will the update when the monthly item gets released.
    TBH it's disappointing.

Banned

Y u rant about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by MattLaurence View Post
    Y u rant about everything?
    It's him voicing his opinion. We are a community, we rant to make things right. You don't sit here watching the staffs ruin the game or anything. Not saying I hate the new update but yes, the update could've used more varieties of balloons!

Growtopia Art - Discord Server
    Join our discord server today!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadin Siddique View Post
    It's him voicing his opinion. We are a community, we rant to make things right. You don't sit here watching the staffs ruin the game or anything. Not saying I hate the new update but yes, the update could've used more varieties of balloons!
    True tho but he has multiple rant threads today. Cant he just put them in a single thread?

True tho but he has multiple rant threads today. Cant he just put them in a single thread?
    I made one thread, specifically about the beta server and then later felt like making another one on the new update.

It would be hard to attract the right audience then.

Let's say you wanted to rant about eggs, cars, and kale. If you make one rant thread about it, titled "Rant," then people could stray away from reading it, just because they have no idea what it's about. You would probably get spammy answers, like "lol tl;dr please" or something like that.
    The Expert (in apologies because I mess up a lot)
    Art Instagram

lmao it's night apocalypse.

where lol.
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Quote Originally Posted by topazi View Post
    It would be hard to attract the right audience then.

Let's say you wanted to rant about eggs, cars, and kale. If you make one rant thread about it, titled "Rant," then people could stray away from reading it, just because they have no idea what it's about. You would probably get spammy answers, like "lol tl;dr please" or something like that.
    For a new forumer I'm impressed at how good of one you are.

Default Rant. Balloon Warz update

"Sorry this is taking so long, we need your help to beta test!"

Oh ya right. Im kinda upset about this update.

Now we were told to beta test. Yeah ok. Only stuff we find are non game breaking bugs and mostly text errors. Flickering vending machines, achievement blocks. Not like some other bugs.

When i looked at this update i thought it was cool at first. Until realizing through others opinion what there saying is true.

This update is recycled

Game pack + daily challenge + carnival? Yeah shouldnt be that hard to code.

We got a few items with a feature that will die in 2 months. Just like the other big features that the game introduced. Like carnival, tournament, crime fighting, pet battles, ect.

Now the devs need to listen to us more often if the game wants to go where it wants to go. PAW is the only time they add it. But they do make changes here and there. But im taking about items and features.

To be honest none of us wanted this update. This update is probs going to be like carnival.

Start (Everyone does it) > (Middle class and lower) > (Lowest class)

To be honest while typing this, this is just a portable carnival. Balloon o matic is like the ticket stand and the balloons are the tickets. And if you win you get prizes. The will drop down in price greatly.

I would rather of had an update like pants or something. Simple and everyone will enjoy.

Now that i think of it a ton of the items are reskins. 2/3. Since of team colors.

Unless the devs hid 1/2 of the update then im upset with this and the time

Yeah, the update was sorta diasappointing. It just reminds me of the game pack.
    Free Harvester Service!

For a new forumer I'm impressed at how good of one you are.
    I'm pretty sure he/she is an alt. It used to be in their signature.
    hmu with any conversation idrc

Quote Originally Posted by Shadin Siddique View Post
    don't play the game if you want to make things right with just your own oppinion. not everything is taken and viewed openly by anyone, you know clearly what i mean by that
    if you don't good luck being the next "i support you, now you listen to me or i no support"
    Starts where you are

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use what you have, and Do what you can

Balloons with special abilities would be nice. Take an RPG game as example : usually some late-game weapons have special abilities to accompany it, of course, unless the developers are lazy.

To be honest, the updates seem a lil' too useless to me. I honestly don't see the fun of world-hopping and spamming consumables at others. Such fun, much yay.

Just a random dragon collector.
    Dragons collected:

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    I honestly don't see the fun of world-hopping and spamming consumables at others. Such fun, much yay.[/B]
    have a little brother or a cousin?
    try let him play it when the event comes and see what his reaction
    yea you don't see it because you seeing it just from your prespective
    Starts where you are

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use what you have, and Do what you can

Quote Originally Posted by lilbomnuke View Post
    have a little brother or a cousin?
    try let him play it when the event comes and see what his reaction
    yea you don't see it because you seeing it just from your prespective
    I don't have a little brother, my cousin is older than me and he's interested in kungfu, additionally, he have left the game.

Just a random dragon collector.
    Dragons collected: