Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beta - Complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    "Sorry this is taking so long, we need your help to beta test!"

Oh ya right. Im kinda upset about this update.

Now we were told to beta test. Yeah ok. Only stuff we find are non game breaking bugs and mostly text errors. Flickering vending machines, achievement blocks. Not like some other bugs.

When i looked at this update i thought it was cool at first. Until realizing through others opinion what there saying is true.

This update is recycled

Game pack + daily challenge + carnival? Yeah shouldnt be that hard to code.

We got a few items with a feature that will die in 2 months. Just like the other big features that the game introduced. Like carnival, tournament, crime fighting, pet battles, ect.

Now the devs need to listen to us more often if the game wants to go where it wants to go. PAW is the only time they add it. But they do make changes here and there. But im taking about items and features.

To be honest none of us wanted this update. This update is probs going to be like carnival.

Start (Everyone does it) > (Middle class and lower) > (Lowest class)

To be honest while typing this, this is just a portable carnival. Balloon o matic is like the ticket stand and the balloons are the tickets. And if you win you get prizes. The will drop down in price greatly.

I would rather of had an update like pants or something. Simple and everyone will enjoy.

Now that i think of it a ton of the items are reskins. 2/3. Since of team colors.

Unless the devs hid 1/2 of the update then im upset with this and the time
    very true, except carnival lasted for more than 2 months, more like a year or so.
    Sub to my youtube channel here! Means a lot!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC08...PiIyg/featured

IGN - Jake645

Level: LV. 53

(Received LV. 50 on November 5th, 2016)

GOALS

Own GROW and make it famous again - Own it, and have gotten honors several times

Get something good in surgery - Gotten one med scarf on an alternate account

Get as many rollback plaques as possible (Collecting beginning 8/10/17) - Currently own 383

Last updated: September 3rd, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lilbomnuke View Post
    don't play the game if you want to make things right with just your own oppinion. not everything is taken and viewed openly by anyone, you know clearly what i mean by that
    if you don't good luck being the next "i support you, now you listen to me or i no support"
    ??

Hello! I am not the only one giving opinions. We as a community will make suggestions and suggestions until the majority feels like it's the right thing to do. Ofcource, if the majority likes the idea, there is a chance the developers will take it into consideration to make the game happy. The OP suggested something in this rant, we are just agreeing to it since it could have been better. But the update is, to me, a great concept and bringing more varieties can make it much better. I don't hate this update at all as said at my previous post.

I don't know what you meant by your second sentence and neither your white text makes sense. Care to explain?

Growtopia Art - Discord Server
    Join our discord server today!

Default ehh....

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    "Sorry this is taking so long, we need your help to beta test!"

Oh ya right. Im kinda upset about this update.

Now we were told to beta test. Yeah ok. Only stuff we find are non game breaking bugs and mostly text errors. Flickering vending machines, achievement blocks. Not like some other bugs.

When i looked at this update i thought it was cool at first. Until realizing through others opinion what there saying is true.

This update is recycled

Game pack + daily challenge + carnival? Yeah shouldnt be that hard to code.

We got a few items with a feature that will die in 2 months. Just like the other big features that the game introduced. Like carnival, tournament, crime fighting, pet battles, ect.

Now the devs need to listen to us more often if the game wants to go where it wants to go. PAW is the only time they add it. But they do make changes here and there. But im taking about items and features.

To be honest none of us wanted this update. This update is probs going to be like carnival.

Start (Everyone does it) > (Middle class and lower) > (Lowest class)

To be honest while typing this, this is just a portable carnival. Balloon o matic is like the ticket stand and the balloons are the tickets. And if you win you get prizes. The will drop down in price greatly.

I would rather of had an update like pants or something. Simple and everyone will enjoy.

Now that i think of it a ton of the items are reskins. 2/3. Since of team colors.

Unless the devs hid 1/2 of the update then im upset with this and the time
    ehh i dont think petbattles, tournament, crime fighting and carnival are dead or even dead after two months... u exaggerate.. big deal exaggerate as for those events have their purpose and alot of players actually enjoy those events... hard to judge a new event as u never konw if it will be popular or not... (we dont know hats in the devs mind...)
    its enfuriating when players post something they obviously have no idea about... u dont seem to participate in petbattles and tournaments so why make an ingnorant assumption like this? beats my mind honestly. usellesss thread imo case closed
    IGN:Cyb3rLotus
    SKYLIGHT

Tbh the update is not that bad! what i hate is that everytime you get hit by a water balloon, you cant hit anyone until your dry.
    "Totodile the pokemon and toothless the dragon!"

Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    Beta server requirements lowered on the last day lol.

Might I ask why the colour on the pipe of balloon-o-matic changed to green or something. It looked as if the feature was to extract balloons from the device by punching it or something they apparently removed it pr something. Or I'm just missing something.

The beta server had a capacity of 1000 players but it only had 200-300 players. They made the requirements way to large only to change them without anyone looking at the announcements page every day.
    By the third day beta hype had pretty much died anyway. Well for me it died the moment 'Balloon Warz' appeared on the screen. I seriously thought it was a prank.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

Quote Originally Posted by MustPlay View Post
    I'm pretty sure he/she is an alt. It used to be in their signature.
    I'm not an alt.
    My old account's email got hacked, and I forgot my forums password.

I deleted it from my signature because I'm trying to embrace my new forums account.
    The Expert (in apologies because I mess up a lot)
    Art Instagram

#oldsockfordevteam

In a country where scammer is more hated than other country scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by SwafGaming View Post
    Tbh the update is not that bad! what i hate is that everytime you get hit by a water balloon, you cant hit anyone until your dry.
    Don't forget the color
    Im FatFitFut In-game. Call me Fatty!
    Oh! My Alt In-game is FuseSoCool. I like to add anyone in there, welp if they are enjoyable enough in my definition of Enjoyable

Avatar is from Chuzzle deluxe texture, Raptisoft.

Achievement of the year (2017). Woohoo

I personally think it would be really cool if each team had a special ability exclusive to that team. For example, Punch could have some sort of homing balloon ability that they can use at the cost of 1 balloon and with a cooldown, Build could be able to build some sort of barricade that will splash you if you touch it and are on an opposing team, but can also be destroyed by anyone (or expire after a set amount of time), and perhaps Grow could be able to occasionally harvest a balloon of any kind when harvesting trees, similar to Harvester Of Sorrow except no need for fuel.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

Quote Originally Posted by SwafGaming View Post
    It makes sense. If you could keep ballooning even when wet, then people capable to broadcast a lot will misuse their abilities.
    It's to balance the feature.
    Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
    -heth mumu

Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    also.....

This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
    Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature

Meh. The update was really watered down. I think it was only fun to me because of how different Beta was. Regardless, this update won't last long. It's just another new feature that will be forgotton over the days and ignored totally. Only to be revisited for Quests or such. The lack of diversity sucks and it's just trying too hard.

Why bother adding NEW features while you could be fixing your previous slumps of updates? It's so petty to watch these types of updates just fail and flop. We want long-term content, fixed content, FUN content.
    Hamumu said himself (or Seth?) earlier this year, that this year will be focusing on fixing & updating previous updates. We want more interesting ways to use these features that the developers have made. We want more ways to play Growtopia, more ways to enjoy it, more ways to build interesting worlds. PAW is literally the only time that evidence is shown to them listening to us.

It's pretty sad, as they never give feedback to any rants/feedback we give them. No explanations on why this happens or why that is like that. They're like ghosts, just lurking on the forums, and only ever reply to bugs/major issues.
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Please think, they don't update the game because they don't want us to download and update growtopia 2 times. First for the Balloon Warz, second for the IOTM. If they ask us to update Growtopia, then they have to release the IOTM too. Please bepat.
    Transcriber / Composer In Growtopia
    Visit My Song Hall: VZMUSIC
    Need a song? msg Vrlz in game

My Goals:

Also Visit In Growtopia!

IGN: Vrlz Level: 67/100

Instagram: vrlz_gt

Or maybe balloon warz is the August monthly update?
    I like having a "1" in front of my name because it makes me first in the online forumer list.

At least they're much more dedicated into regular updates, compared to supercell which it takes 7 months to pump out a single update. All they got there is balance changes n stuff...

Well then again, growtopia is really just on life support.
    "One man's trash probably contains stuff that will make another man sick, but if he dies from that disease and goes to heaven, technically that trash was his ticket to treasure?"

In Game Name >> pluvs

Quote Originally Posted by Pluvio View Post
    At least they're much more dedicated into regular updates, compared to supercell which it takes 7 months to pump out a single update. All they got there is balance changes n stuff...

Well then again, growtopia is really just on life support.
    Same with TF2, Valve doesn't care about it anymore and the next update will make it or break it. The whole TF2 community has been waiting for the big update for more than a year and the game is almost dead because of it.
    Only hats and funny cosmetics seem to make the $$$ and its probably going to stay that way with Valve.
    IGN: Raii

Im getting tired of updates that focus on "Growtopian fight growtopian".
    WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS

Please message me if you know why my computer is so cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonStorm View Post
    You cannot change your gender. That's natural law.

Every cool update dies in two months (or less) because they don't all lend towards a singular purpose. This game and it's updates have no clear direction.

For me the warz felt like mix of pine week and game pack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    This recent beta update as a joke, they didn't even need us to test for glitches, it felt way more like a token community event aimed at shutting up people who kept pestering them to use the beta server. It MIGHT have been possible to actually test for glitches if we had all our items from the main server but apparently, no, we need to re-earn them on the beta server in a time limit of 3 days.

Might I also mention how impossible it was to get A LOT of items, dirt with a rarity of 50? In case you didn't realise that jacked up the rarity of, well, pretty much everything over rarity 14. Door trees take more than a day to grow! Now I'm sure your argument is they gave us gems right? Why not buy SSPs or RSPs and use Growsprays? BECAUSE FOR STARTERS IT COSTS TOO MUCH GEMS AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T LOG ONTO THE BETA SERVER, YOU FIND DOOR SEEDS IN RSPs.

It was a fun idea to make dirt a worthwhile farmable, however, it made the practicality of finding glitches near impossible. Don't forget Diamond Horns required a Phone Booth, we would've needed 108,000 gems on the beta server to find that out. What if there's an unknown glitch with the Speed Medallion? I'm well sure that we need over 200,000 gems for that.

This beta felt so much like a token event, the devs seem to only have added it to make people shut up. Overall the beta needs far more improvements, it was a pathetic letdown. If there was a glitch I guarantee we wouldn't have been able to find it.

EDIT: If you did buy a Superhero Pack @ 8,000 Gems for the Phonebooth, might I remind you it's not the only item that can be used to glitch, that simply consumes 8,000 of your free gems.
    Agreed. Beta is impractical. The door seeds thing made me facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Notavailable View Post
    I literally had 300k gems in the 1st day with undersea blasts
    I almost forgot who I was teaming with.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote