Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting High School tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by SirNooby View Post
    Lets just say according to my sister the bus driver lets people dip on the bus and someone tried to stab one of her friends

Also This guy who I'm gonna have to talk to about my social anxiety or what not apparently told my mom to make me join a club.... so that's gonna be SOOOO fun
    Yes, because the best way to treat social anxiety is to make you suffer more social anxiety. Good idea!

Question

Yay, I'm excited for my first year without anymore education (since I graduated University). High School is a real pain I gotta say but I would say just make the decision that is good, which means improve your intelligent rather than improving social skills. Because if you pick the educational way, it will just go straight, you know what you're going to expect. But the social ways could lead you to many bad things that make you lose opportunities to go to good Unversity/ College after or even to get a job. Control your temper, but still stand up for yourself. Also don't get relate to dating and love yet, I'm pretty sure highschool is already a mess without students dating each others.
    I'm an introvert myself but I tried to get social a bit in high school. I ended up dating this guy who broke my heart after, so that's why recommend you not to get relate to love or anything.
    Try to keep your life balanced but education before socializing, if you have a test, study for the test instead of going to a party. High School is not that bad if you know how to deal with it.
    Good Luck!
    IGN: BossyCorgi
    Main World: (in progress)
    What I usually say:

Ugh. I started last week and I hate it!
    "Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing."

Thanks to Topazi for the avatar
    Discord: Hunt2man#3305
    Steam: Hunt2man
    Switch Friend Code: SW-8230-0945-3907

I have alot of girls in HS and I never expected to be a chick magnet... like for real? I'm not even that handsome irl.
    Pick a card, any card

Quote Originally Posted by BossyCorgi View Post
    Yay, I'm excited for my first year without anymore education (since I graduated University). High School is a real pain I gotta say but I would say just make the decision that is good, which means improve your intelligent rather than improving social skills. Because if you pick the educational way, it will just go straight, you know what you're going to expect. But the social ways could lead you to many bad things that make you lose opportunities to go to good Unversity/ College after or even to get a job. Control your temper, but still stand up for yourself. Also don't get relate to dating and love yet, I'm pretty sure highschool is already a mess without students dating each others.
    I'm an introvert myself but I tried to get social a bit in high school. I ended up dating this guy who broke my heart after, so that's why recommend you not to get relate to love or anything.
    Try to keep your life balanced but education before socializing, if you have a test, study for the test instead of going to a party. High School is not that bad if you know how to deal with it.
    Good Luck!
    I probably won't get caught in dating. The only thing that is going to be a really good struggle is homework as I had a tendency to not do homework last year or do it last minute. I was litterally doing homework while the teacher was going around to check homework one time.

Quote Originally Posted by matemar View Post
    Yes, because the best way to treat social anxiety is to make you suffer more social anxiety. Good idea!
    It does seem kind of dumb but I guess I can see the logic behind it. The more I'm social the less anxiety I'll end up having I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    OKay, you're rightfully worried about this.
    I took a soft more math class as a freshmen and it was awkward as hell lol
    I might try seeing if there's anything I can do to switch it or change my schedule but I might not be able to
    "The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!" - Sora

I suggest working on your studies. Working hard your freshman year gives you the study habits you need for harder classes in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, and I'm fairly confident that colleges shine a more positive light towards harder courses. There's also the matter of getting used to the annoying people, which is my case is almost my entire grade, so tolerance is also important.
    Student Programmer
    -Java
    -Android (Java)
    -Full Stack
    -Basic Lua (Pico8)
    -Basic C# (Unity)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempting View Post
    I suggest working on your studies. Working hard your freshman year gives you the study habits you need for harder classes in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, and I'm fairly confident that colleges shine a more positive light towards harder courses. There's also the matter of getting used to the annoying people, which is my case is almost my entire grade, so tolerance is also important.
    Yeah I probably do need tolerance. Most of the people in my 8th grade class annoyed me so flipping bad
    "The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!" - Sora

Master Sorcerer

As someone who recently finished Junior High--which are Grade 7-10 here, here are some little pieces of advice that I'd love to share with you so you won't end up like me and have a really horrible time during high school:

1. Focus on your schoolwork, no matter what. This includes...

Doing what you're supposed to do right away. Yeah, doing your usual recreational stuff is fun--but that can wait, unlike those deadlines of yours. Procrastinating on your work will DEFINITELY get your donkey kicked, Trust me when I say this one. Don't worry, you'll have all the free time AFTER you dealt with those school stuff.

Not focusing too much on "lovelife" or relationships, whatever 'ya call it. Personally, I haven't been in a relationship with a schoolmate. But judging from those people who got into those sorts of things, I'd say that relationships kinda affected their performance in school--mostly in a bad way.

And... Number 2: Do NOT be a pushover.

Learning how to speak up for yourself can really benefit you in the long run. As a really introverted person who has a set of odd interests and physical flaws, I got treated harshly all throughout junior high. Most of my peers made fun of me, made everything a hassle for me, and they took advantage of the fact that I don't fight back. So yeah, you shouldn't let them have fun throwing around insults at you and fight back when necessary--or you'll end up like me.

And yeah, make sure to also have and maintain a good rep at school so they will think twice before messing with you. Mmkay? ^_^

Beautiful. Don't ever talk about gt in front of ur classmates if they don't play gt
    My science exam is 2mrow rip
    my real face:

my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

i ship cat noir and ladybug

Didn't go as bad as I thought it would, although I didn't really talk to anybody
    I had to leave early though, my dad had another stroke and was intensive care in the hospital

Others in this thread have already stressed it enough, but yes, focus on your studies and homework!! It's very important to keep on top of things and have assignments ready to hand in early or on the day that they're due. Don't let yourself slack and procrastinate, save the playtime for after you're done. If it helps, make a checklist of all your unfinished work or put reminders on your phone so you can keep track of what you need to do.

Try to get to know your peers better too. You don't have to be best buddies with everyone, but it's good to talk and make friends with people in your classes. That way, you can ask them for help or have some people you can work with for group assignments. Don't isolate yourself or be afraid to socialize! (stay on peoples' good sides too, highschool drama is the WORST!)

Also, glad to hear your first day went alright. I hope your dad is ok
    catch me around on discord or instagram

Try shooting up your school?

I'm kidding you normies.