Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Complaint - Hidden Riches Update

Quote Originally Posted by Judavid View Post
    Maybe because the fact they are doing more updates they have less substance?
    I quite like the hidden riches I was bored of farming and now it has got me back into it.
    I was level 66 for ages and since the update I've leveled up and actually farmed a couple of world's full. All be it quite pointless and just saving the items I'm getting.

Unbisoft can't be completely blamed though if they haven't completely sold off to them?
    I'm quite sure though other people are enjoying the updates more then you
    They are actually doing less updates now and the updates have less substance. I get that the hidden riches update provided a momentary motivation to farm but as if that was Ubisoft's intention; I mean, can you imagine that conversation? "Hey! Not enough people are farming..." "How do we make an update that encourages them to farm?" Yeah right. That's just a lucky outcome of this update - you can't make a fluke the main argument for defending Ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephos View Post
    Why do you complain about every update? You realize all you are going to accomplish is a reply from executie saying "Thanks for your feedback" and then nothing that you suggested will ever be changed/added. You spend so much time complaining that you'd be better off making your own game so you can satisfy your needs. I'm sure with the amount of "Suggestion" posts that you've made you'll have a whole year of updates planned for that very game. Cheers.
    Correction: I don't complain about every update, only the ones that suck. The fact that it feels like I complain about every update should be saying something, no? I realise that is all I will accomplish and that Ubisoft is too dumb to add anything that might actually benefit the game - and them. You'd be surprised at how little time I spend complaining, I see an update - realise how much it sucks - come here to complain - respond to all the replies. It's as simple as that, less than 5 hours of my life/rant. If I devoted all that time to making my own game it would take quite a few years now, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by topazi View Post
    It may not do anything, but it's nice to rant and see if people can empathize with you.

Does his complaining bother you in any way?
    Eh this ^ is what I wanted to say in a nutshell.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Master Sorcerer

Well it's fair in my opinion, because if you have spent enough time on this game, you would be able to afford some of these new items. It would not be very unfair for a new player to just walk up and get a new item right away compared to an experienced player who actually had supported this game before.
    IGN: MidWing
    Level: 58

Quote Originally Posted by MidWing View Post
    Well it's fair in my opinion, because if you have spent enough time on this game, you would be able to afford some of these new items. It would not be very unfair for a new player to just walk up and get a new item right away compared to an experienced player who actually had supported this game before.
    I said a watered down version... Please reread the thread in it's entirety before replying.

Bumping this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ban Evading View Post
    How bout you stop complaining.

Do you know how many worst games there are... Just look at life of black tiger( wait no thats a good game)... Just look at games like the Witcher III. Absolutely no effort at all put into to making it. Yet here you are complaining about imperfections in a game. Remember, the man who charged up the infinite stairs to perfection realized that perfections is where he is. Alot like how decimals go on forever, but we still have the next number.

You used to be my favorite sock

but now you're old
    Since most of the good forumers are now dead there's almost nothing left to do... Also yes I'm old, aren't I allowed to complain about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ban Evading View Post
    That's what I'm here for.... For you....
    Yayayay, will you troll like you used to?

Arrow

I do agree with you, and I'm sure the mods are trying their best to make the game fair(even though it may not seem like it). I think the items in the store are so expensive because the developers want money or they want us to work hard by farming to get gems. Either way, we'll just have to see what Harvest Festival brings us

I don't really mean to offend but oldsock,if you really complain about this update,why not tell us what you think they should do.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by effanx11 View Post
    I don't really mean to offend but oldsock,if you really complain about this update,why not tell us what you think they should do.
    Read the OP; he clearly stated some suggestions.

Now an old friend of mine complained that my complaints have no suggestions so here's my suggestion: make more ancestral items, cheaper ones, they don't have to be anywhere near as OP but make them items that aren't exclusive to the smallest amount of people. And yes, I get that each ancestral has a colour but seriously the cheaper ones could all simply be white or black or something. Furthermore yes there are pretty new asteroids and gates but are they really worth it? The entire monthly update spent on 4 new clothing items and a few blocks?
    Do you not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizato View Post
    oh thank you. I read the thread but forgot it.

- - - Updated - - -

K I'ma state my opinion now. The worst part of this monthly update was the weekly block drops. They serve no significance, they aren't block based. How does 1 chandelier drop 1 waterfall.......
    the other blocks are the same, just designed to make parkour a bit weirder....
    I believe all the new stuff that has been added should be used for a wide variety of stuff, not just the ancestral items.

To the OP "Any new types of Ancestral items would be kind of something that wouldn't be used very much. Like they would make something for cooking (5% extra success), or providers (5% chance to get double produce). I think adding them after the update already happened would feel.......wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyBoyVII View Post
    I do agree with you, and I'm sure the mods are trying their best to make the game fair(even though it may not seem like it). I think the items in the store are so expensive because the developers want money or they want us to work hard by farming to get gems. Either way, we'll just have to see what Harvest Festival brings us
    I guarantee the last thing on their mind is encouraging players to earn their wealth, they want you to buy it - hence the gem purchases. I don't blame them for it, in fact I encourage items that require gems since they're still obtainable by working hard. My only complaints about the high gem prices is that they are incredibly high and almost push you towards IAP's or simply being exponentially rich in-game. My main complaint is that the updates are lacking, I will care less if there is a P2W element if they actually make good updates - notice how Ubisoft hasn't developed any new features - just spinoffs of pre-existing features.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizato View Post
    oh thank you. I read the thread but forgot it.

- - - Updated - - -

K I'ma state my opinion now. The worst part of this monthly update was the weekly block drops. They serve no significance, they aren't block based. How does 1 chandelier drop 1 waterfall.......
    the other blocks are the same, just designed to make parkour a bit weirder....
    I believe all the new stuff that has been added should be used for a wide variety of stuff, not just the ancestral items.

To the OP "Any new types of Ancestral items would be kind of something that wouldn't be used very much. Like they would make something for cooking (5% extra success), or providers (5% chance to get double produce). I think adding them after the update already happened would feel.......wrong.
    I do dislike the weekly block drops, I find them to be a waste of bag space, I mean they removed Tangram B-I seeds but now we're getting more miscellaneous drops? Also I agree that blocks should actually relate to the items you get them from, lava lamps could've been from stuff like the table lamp...

It would feel wrong to add new ones, except if it was in another monthly update - I was merely adding a suggestion like my complainees said I should - but something like 5% extra success in cooking, I'd buy that for like 20 dls please, super useful. Anyhow my point is they added a new type of clothing and there isn't even a cheap option that doesn't do anything, for the common man to use. All other item slots have spliceable items.

I guarantee the last thing on their mind is encouraging players to earn their wealth, they want you to buy it - hence the gem purchases. I don't blame them for it, in fact I encourage items that require gems since they're still obtainable by working hard. My only complaints about the high gem prices is that they are incredibly high and almost push you towards IAP's or simply being exponentially rich in-game. My main complaint is that the updates are lacking, I will care less if there is a P2W element if they actually make good updates - notice how Ubisoft hasn't developed any new features - just spinoffs of pre-existing features.

I do dislike the weekly block drops, I find them to be a waste of bag space, I mean they removed Tangram B-I seeds but now we're getting more miscellaneous drops? Also I agree that blocks should actually relate to the items you get them from, lava lamps could've been from stuff like the table lamp...

It would feel wrong to add new ones, except if it was in another monthly update - I was merely adding a suggestion like my complainees said I should - but something like 5% extra success in cooking, I'd buy that for like 20 dls please, super useful. Anyhow my point is they added a new type of clothing and there isn't even a cheap option that doesn't do anything, for the common man to use. All other item slots have spliceable items.
    About your last point. Every normal person can do it I would think. Spending like 24 hours on growtopia should get you a lot of the stuff. comet dust, not hard. Crystals, geiger patience. asteroids from comet,etc,etc

About your last point. Every normal person can do it I would think. Spending like 24 hours on growtopia should get you a lot of the stuff. comet dust, not hard. Crystals, geiger patience. asteroids from comet,etc,etc

Bump bump.

I don't get why people are hating on your rants and complaints, they're true. You voice your opinion out with both sides considered, and overall future vision of it. Let's hope that they won't pull a summerfest card with harvest fest.
    Sometimes, a good thing comes to an end.
    My Tech Discord

My Discord is NOT for Growtopia. I won't provide any support for my tools there.

Quote Originally Posted by CernodileHD View Post
    I don't get why people are hating on your rants and complaints, they're true. You voice your opinion out with both sides considered, and overall future vision of it. Let's hope that they won't pull a summerfest card with harvest fest.
    Thanks, also I agree but my bigger fear is that they're going to slack off on the halloween update since it comes out in the same month as harvest.

Just a quick question: to all of you who argued lame things like essences gave you some inspiration or motivation to farm, do they still give you the motivation you need to farm? Or are they becoming just another thing you don't care about?

Master Sorcerer

Just a quick question: to all of you who argued lame things like essences gave you some inspiration or motivation to farm, do they still give you the motivation you need to farm? Or are they becoming just another thing you don't care about?
    I agree with you, I'm not surprised though. This happens all the time. Probably the reason why I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
    I agree with you, I'm not surprised though. This happens all the time. Probably the reason why I quit.
    Precisely, I told people it was mere pseudo-motivation that would wear off.

Master Sorcerer

Reading some of the replies is just..... Anyways I like a few points that you made so I'll just note those and contribute my opinion before going to sleep.

1) The lava lamp most probably being a product of copy paste, shown by a silence option even though it makes no noise.

2) Literally took thoughts from my very mind on this one lol: that it somehow seems like Seth and hamumu - who also had to manage and update etc. their other games - managed to pull off a better job than an entire Ubisoft team of devs.

3) The entire point that updates lack substance nowadays and sure they have plenty of potential but for that potential to be realised, we need a whole new monthly update.

Throughout my (almost) 4 years of playing I've had periods of time where life gets busy and so I'd have to stop playing for a few months. I always, I repeat always! Enjoyed coming back and looking around the price worlds at all the shiny new things sethmumu introduced to the game and learning all I could about the stuff I'd missed. Now after not playing for (again almost 4) months, it really didn't take me that long to find out about the new content, which I just find sad because I really enjoyed it in the past.

The wizard staff update. Such an easy to make item, accessible to people wealthy or not, but it took days of puzzle-solving, sogt-using, team-work, and forum collaborations before the recipe was found. Obviously it's now utterly boring but it was a really enjoyable update that brought the power of a wizard to even the noobiest of players.

The fishing update. Fishing was and still is a lot of fun. It introduced the tackle box, farms of which quickly became more popular than the likes of ATM's and whole worlds dedicated to fishing-related item trading. The fishing hat and possibly the most impactful item of all, fish tanks, now the best farmable by far for newer and even moderately experienced players. On top of all this it was built upon for Halloween (I personally enjoyed the skeleton-fish the most) which was awesome! And even recently with the addition of the megalodon (creds to the Ubisoft team for a genuinely awesome item).

The introduction of wolf world was amazing. Locke was another massive and incredible update packed with plenty of cool items and that can be built upon. Carnival, crystals/Geiger counter, daily challenges! The list goes on and on and on.

So while I still hope that the horizon is lined with awesome updates, its Ubisoft so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I love this game, but for me at least, a large part of that desire to keep playing was forged from the creativity, thought, humour and just general greatness that the updates and new content is always filled with but sadly...well...Ubisoft.

Also one last thin- *COUGH* *COUGH* FOR HONOR *COUGH*

Okay I need sleep now.
    Current goals:

Prepare for halloween. Done! (4 angels and a med scarf)

Make a science station farm (0/1) I'm working on it!

Get the one ring (0/1).

"You can't reap the rewards of work you haven't done!"