Thread: Getting back into the game

Question Getting back into the game

Greetings, fellow growtopians. And yet again I am returning to this game after a "break" which lasted way too long. But now, affected by the abundance of free time and lack of desire to play anything in my steam library... I decided to enter the world of Growtopia once again.

Well, now with this fancy greeting out of the way, I would like to talk about more practical things - such as current prices, or perhaps items worth mass producing. Due to my prolonged absence I have absolutely lost the indispensable feeling of the market, unable to adequately assume item prices and therefore I am perennially in fear of either selling something much cheaper than it costs or buying something for a much higher price. At the same time, I have no idea what is "in trend" now and which items are in demand. So, I need your help on this.

I. I have realised that I'm already late for Halloween, so I've decided not to prepare for it thoroughly. The only major investment I have made is 28 steam stompers for the price of 7 wls, which I sincerely hope was not worthless. Thus, my question is: Is it worth to invest into Winterfest? What should I prepare for it? Should I get hold of some particular items, or save up on gems? (Quick notice, I have ~220 ice seeds left from my previous mass produce project, will they be of any use?)

II. Before the Winterfest begins, I have to be standing firmly on my feet, metaphorically speaking, that is. Currently I have only 9 wls, BUT I also have tons of random seeds, clothes and items, as well as 80k gems and a couple of worlds with decent names which could be sold. Now, my question is, how can I improve my economical status with a tiny bit of starting capital? Which packs are the best to buy? I have seen many people suggesting SSP and RSP, but I am afraid that it would be too difficult to sell without a proper vending world. Right now I am working on mass-producing mystery blocks. I have almost all the basic seeds needed (alas, I cannot afford myself such a luxury as buying base seeds with wls, so I have to painfully grind those rock seeds for hours and hours). And that's when I realised that perhaps mystery blocks are not exactly the project I want to get into. This brings me to my second question - What is the best thing to mass-produce right now? I dont want to start a HUGE project, I doubt that I will go beyond 100 trees, but on the other hand, I could really put all my dedication and effort into it. In other words, I prefer quality over quantity.

III. Now, the aforementioned worlds which could be sold - I would like to know how much can I get for these:

MELODY4LIFE - completely cleaned world, has Portal music ("Still alive") in it, door not moved.
    GENERICSHOP - I suppose this one has a pretty good name, but the world itself is as virgin and untouched as prehistoric nature itself - that means I haven't done anything to it whatsoever. I dont think it would be rational to sell just the world name, so I'm planning to actually make a decent world out of it, and then sell it.
    DARKNESPARKOURS - well, this one has nothing special about it, other than a misspelled name and a crappy unfinished parkour with some outdated pop music in it.
    Don't really want to keep it and work on it, so I think I would sell it to someone more excited about making parkours than me.
    PINBALLHEAVEN - same as GENERICSHOP, innocent and untouched, it's value comes solely from it's name. Probably going to make a farm out of it and sell it for more profit.
    ADSERVICE - same story. Long time ago I wanted to make an advertisement world out of it, but I think I was overly ambitious with that, since this requires a large amount of wealth and experience (in world-making), both of which I lack.
    CODEADVENTURE - might become a great adventure world one day. Or maybe not.

I think that's it for now. I am glad that you read this post, and will be twice as glad if you reply with some useful information. Thanks in advance

P.S.
    I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes which might occur in this post, the time is currently 2 a.m. and it's a bit difficult to concentrate.
    IGN: Fungiuss (a.k.a LiquidWater)
    ,.. ,., ..,
    ,;'',^U^,'';,
    " " "'" " "
    "'"
    "'"
    "'"

Currently selling worlds:

Banned

With CODEADVENTURE you could try a WOTD with the theme being based around coding.

Quote Originally Posted by l0l View Post
    Greetings, fellow growtopians. And yet again I am returning to this game after a "break" which lasted way too long. But now, affected by the abundance of free time and lack of desire to play anything in my steam library... I decided to enter the world of Growtopia once again.

Well, now with this fancy greeting out of the way, I would like to talk about more practical things - such as current prices, or perhaps items worth mass producing. Due to my prolonged absence I have absolutely lost the indispensable feeling of the market, unable to adequately assume item prices and therefore I am perennially in fear of either selling something much cheaper than it costs or buying something for a much higher price. At the same time, I have no idea what is "in trend" now and which items are in demand. So, I need your help on this.

I. I have realised that I'm already late for Halloween, so I've decided not to prepare for it thoroughly. The only major investment I have made is 28 steam stompers for the price of 7 wls, which I sincerely hope was not worthless. Thus, my question is: Is it worth to invest into Winterfest? What should I prepare for it? Should I get hold of some particular items, or save up on gems? (Quick notice, I have ~220 ice seeds left from my previous mass produce project, will they be of any use?)

II. Before the Winterfest begins, I have to be standing firmly on my feet, metaphorically speaking, that is. Currently I have only 9 wls, BUT I also have tons of random seeds, clothes and items, as well as 80k gems and a couple of worlds with decent names which could be sold. Now, my question is, how can I improve my economical status with a tiny bit of starting capital? Which packs are the best to buy? I have seen many people suggesting SSP and RSP, but I am afraid that it would be too difficult to sell without a proper vending world. Right now I am working on mass-producing mystery blocks. I have almost all the basic seeds needed (alas, I cannot afford myself such a luxury as buying base seeds with wls, so I have to painfully grind those rock seeds for hours and hours). And that's when I realised that perhaps mystery blocks are not exactly the project I want to get into. This brings me to my second question - What is the best thing to mass-produce right now? I dont want to start a HUGE project, I doubt that I will go beyond 100 trees, but on the other hand, I could really put all my dedication and effort into it. In other words, I prefer quality over quantity.

III. Now, the aforementioned worlds which could be sold - I would like to know how much can I get for these:

MELODY4LIFE - completely cleaned world, has Portal music ("Still alive") in it, door not moved.
    GENERICSHOP - I suppose this one has a pretty good name, but the world itself is as virgin and untouched as prehistoric nature itself - that means I haven't done anything to it whatsoever. I dont think it would be rational to sell just the world name, so I'm planning to actually make a decent world out of it, and then sell it.
    DARKNESPARKOURS - well, this one has nothing special about it, other than a misspelled name and a crappy unfinished parkour with some outdated pop music in it.
    Don't really want to keep it and work on it, so I think I would sell it to someone more excited about making parkours than me.
    PINBALLHEAVEN - same as GENERICSHOP, innocent and untouched, it's value comes solely from it's name. Probably going to make a farm out of it and sell it for more profit.
    ADSERVICE - same story. Long time ago I wanted to make an advertisement world out of it, but I think I was overly ambitious with that, since this requires a large amount of wealth and experience (in world-making), both of which I lack.

I think that's it for now. I am glad that you read this post, and will be twice as glad if you reply with some useful information. Thanks in advance

P.S.
    I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes which might occur in this post, the time is currently 2 a.m. and it's a bit difficult to concentrate.
    Ok i am not good at any of the world name stuff, but investing yes.

I suggest MASSING A CRAP TON OF ICE! Like litterly a CRAP TON! The seeds will be like 2/1 so even if you only mass 200 seeds that’s is still 1 whole dL! Me I plan on massing 5k trees ya ik so i am suspecting around 25dls profit heheh maybe 20 is bad.

But hay 20 dls ant that bad am I right?
    Ubisoft Hamumu

VvVCLICKMEVvV
    UbiMumu’s Breaking Service!

Bump.

Getting back into the game is not that easy
    ,.. ,., ..,
    ,;'',^U^,'';,
    " " "'" " "
    "'"
    "'"
    "'"

P.S.
    Sell all them ice seeds you said you got, then buy some fuel packs, which have good rarity for Halloween, and spend the rest on chandeliers. The chandeliers you only have to farm once every week for lots of seeds and gems! Or if you can farm a LOT, buy some fish tanks, or pepper trees, which you farm every day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillDownGT View Post
    Sell all them ice seeds you said you got, then buy some fuel packs, which have good rarity for Halloween, and spend the rest on chandeliers. The chandeliers you only have to farm once every week for lots of seeds and gems! Or if you can farm a LOT, buy some fish tanks, or pepper trees, which you farm every day or so.
    Well, you see, I dont think Halloween is worth to invest into. I bet the prices for the fuel packs have already skyrocketed through the roof, since Halloween is lurking just around the corner and might begin at any moment. Another thing which complicates my estimations of profit is the lack of knowledge of prices. For example, I don't know for how much I can sell the ice seeds right now, for how much I can buy the fuel packs, and how much will I get out of those if I get a v-cape and sell it. I already have bought 28 steam stompers, which I hope should be enough for 1 cape (unless cape tatters dont have a 100% chance to drop, in which case I kinda f.. messed up). On the other hand, as Ubi mentioned, ice seeds could become pretty expensive sometime close to Winterfest (just as I have thought), so I dont really want to sell those right now. As for the farmables, I already have a considerable pinball farm, and it provides me enough gems for now. I have no information about either f/tanks or pepper, so if you could tell me more about it I will be very grateful indeed.
    ,.. ,., ..,
    ,;'',^U^,'';,
    " " "'" " "
    "'"
    "'"
    "'"

Well, you see, I dont think Halloween is worth to invest into. I bet the prices for the fuel packs have already skyrocketed through the roof, since Halloween is lurking just around the corner and might begin at any moment. Another thing which complicates my estimations of profit is the lack of knowledge of prices. For example, I don't know for how much I can sell the ice seeds right now, for how much I can buy the fuel packs, and how much will I get out of those if I get a v-cape and sell it. I already have bought 28 steam stompers, which I hope should be enough for 1 cape (unless cape tatters dont have a 100% chance to drop, in which case I kinda f.. messed up). On the other hand, as Ubi mentioned, ice seeds could become pretty expensive sometime close to Winterfest (just as I have thought), so I dont really want to sell those right now. As for the farmables, I already have a considerable pinball farm, and it provides me enough gems for now. I have no information about either f/tanks or pepper, so if you could tell me more about it I will be very grateful indeed.
    So there is NOT a 100% chance of cape tatters dropping. RIP that. Yes, save the ice seeds, they will rise to about 2/1, with your amount, that equals over 1 Diamond Lock. You could check on the fuel pack prices, jump on them if they are cheap. Also, don’t use pinballs, takes too long to break, not as efficient as fish tanks. Fish tanks drop up to 20 gems, and grow in less than a day, so you can farm more often, and also they take MUCH less hits to break than pinballs. Pepper is another great option, doesn’t take many hits, drops as many seeds as pinball, and grow time is about the same. So pepper is basically pinball but they break faster. I think that either fish tanks or peppers are a far better option than pinballs.

So there is NOT a 100% chance of cape tatters dropping. RIP that. Yes, save the ice seeds, they will rise to about 2/1, with your amount, that equals over 1 Diamond Lock. You could check on the fuel pack prices, jump on them if they are cheap. Also, don’t use pinballs, takes too long to break, not as efficient as fish tanks. Fish tanks drop up to 20 gems, and grow in less than a day, so you can farm more often, and also they take MUCH less hits to break than pinballs. Pepper is another great option, doesn’t take many hits, drops as many seeds as pinball, and grow time is about the same. So pepper is basically pinball but they break faster. I think that either fish tanks or peppers are a far better option than pinballs.
    Well, thanks for the info. I guess I shall sell my pinballs then. And about the fuel packs, where can I check the price? Going to random shop worlds is not really an option, since prices vary heavily from world to world, and there's still no way to compare it to it's normal price, and thus it's impossible to determine if they are still cheap or not.
    ,.. ,., ..,
    ,;'',^U^,'';,
    " " "'" " "
    "'"
    "'"
    "'"

Master Sorcerer

Do not buy fuel packs because of its rarity! Yes, fuel pack's rarity is 116.. But when you drop it to growganoth, you always get an ecto pack! So buy them only if you want to get ecto packs!

Im sorry to say but fuel packs are directly converted into ecto packs, which suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    Do not buy fuel packs because of its rarity! Yes, fuel pack's rarity is 116.. But when you drop it to growganoth, you always get an ecto pack! So buy them only if you want to get ecto packs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples View Post
    Im sorry to say but fuel packs are directly converted into ecto packs, which suck.
    Oh. Thanks for warning me. I guess steam stompers are the way to go then.
    ,.. ,., ..,
    ,;'',^U^,'';,
    " " "'" " "
    "'"
    "'"
    "'"

Display shelves seem like an easy project, making you decent peofits. You can make a hundred trees with no more than 25 world locks, considering you buy dresser seeds from a shop, along with the other seeds needed. You’re estimated to get near 250 blocks, which can be sold for 50 wls. (JackBowe’s almost always buying them)

As for the price of ice seeds, they currently sell for about 10-8/wl.