Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WE WILL NEVER EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

Squire
    I don't want to give private information.

Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Yes you are correct. A common scam that went around growtopia was that a hacker would get your email then email: you that you have become a mod: please verify your password. You would email them back your password and before you knew your lost all your valuables you worked so hard for.

I just want to thank the mods who help us .o and I fight against scamming.

Banned
    Shipping Parpul and Aquarious while devouring some coffee cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireisland19 View Post
    I just want to thank the mods who help us .o and I fight against scamming.
    How exactly do you do that?

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Lettering View Post
    How exactly do you do that?
    I guess by eating any scammers he sees.
    xD

I'm Done

Just saying, never give your password away for free gem hacks or related things to that.You are just giving your password to a hacker out there and they will take your world, all growtokens and all items.It will ruin your growtopia gameplay

Squire

Default Yay your back!

Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

But if someone know my password, is there any ways to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by iSpaceLightning View Post
    But if someone know my password, is there any ways to change it?
    Sure, visit the page that "account get hacked?" at my signature.
    Nox is me

Squire

Quote Originally Posted by rnox View Post
    Sure, visit the page that "account get hacked?" at my signature.
    Thanks for the help😄

Post Need help ask me

Hi my name on growtopia is fireman616 I have a couple of world the one I am at the most is boiling point and I would be more than happy to help answer any questions for you if you need help just stop by. Thanks!

Squire

Default Facebook

In Facebook someone added me. Hes name is Seth A. Robinson and I accepted it then, he chat me. He said "You wan't to be a mod?" I said "Yes" then he said "Ok. What's your GrowID and Password?" I said "Acctually you said "WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD" Why you need my password huh?"...Then he said "Nahh you are noob to be a mod"..... That's acctually a fake account don't trust that account in Facebook thanks!

Peasant

Thumbs up

After reading this, you know that all hacks that need your password are obviously fake. Probably even without knowing about this, it's obvious you're going to get hacked yourself if a system asks for your password.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MdHariz123 View Post
    My sister and I are big fans of growtopia. We also know that sharing our passwords to anyone can lead to no good at all. However, recently, many of my sister's friends had reported of their account being hacked and their rare items being misiing from their inventory. However, I don't think there is anything to worry about as our accounts in growtopia are not hackable. Unfortunately, there is no security in guessing our passwords in growtopia.

So, I do suggest changing our passwords often or make a longer and complex password that you can remember. Add some numbers to make it even more harder to guess. Finally, do not fall prey into any gem hacks or any other hacks in growtopia. They could either steal your account both directly and indirectly.

Also, I would like to suggest the young ones, who are especially below 13, to be educated about this matter immediately. Who knows... they might fall victim to attackers (online and offline players) and might give out their passwords or personal data. (They are still young and gullible...)

So, why not we enhance our online etiquette and refrain from giving out our personal data and password to anyone(even our friends and family members).

And, I would like to thank you for taking your time to read my post. Your effort is greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps.
    It's cruel how "older" players scam/hack clueless children that are trying to have a good time actually playing the game instead of crying over it. The information you provided helped me a lot, I appreciate your support to ever other growtopia player

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SJDC View Post
    In Facebook someone added me. Hes name is Seth A. Robinson and I accepted it then, he chat me. He said "You wan't to be a mod?" I said "Yes" then he said "Ok. What's your GrowID and Password?" I said "Acctually you said "WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD" Why you need my password huh?"...Then he said "Nahh you are noob to be a mod"..... That's acctually a fake account don't trust that account in Facebook thanks!
    Not to be mean, but um... wannabe seth much? LOL

Default NEVER TELL YOUR PASSWORDS

Thank you moderators for warning all the growtopians for "password scams". Some guys tell that they have hacked growtopia and they tell you that"if you tell me your password i can hack your accont". Now everybody knows that that's a lie. Nobody can hack growtopia. NEVER tell your password to ANYONE.

Squire

Thx Gal
    For Saying That To Us

Default guy whi wantas me to hack his account?

this guy asked me to hack his account and told me his password and all that so i went on to find that his account was already hacked and not in agood way. then some random guy told me he reported me for hacking!which is insane cuz he told me to and i had proof then the guy who told me to hack his accountt old me i ws a hacker so i dont know what to do.am i getting banned? cuz i was banned once before and ive learnt my lesson and becomem uch better of a player so..

Default I saw a hacker in world TURK.

He\She has got a hack site.People say OMG OKAY.I said It's a scam don't do that.They said ''OK!Sure''

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Its Daniel View Post
    My friend in real life wants a clue for my password...

I just ignore him
    I've been experienced like you
    IGN: Lorenzoch
    SB/CB SELLER

#EARTHTEMPLARS

Peasant

Angry

Geez. Someone stupid would share their passwords to "hackers". You'll feel better if you earn gems of yer own!

Lesser Knight

I have to warn you.There are lots of HamumuS or Seths and other admins on any social medias.They are "NOT THE REAL DEVELOPERS AND MODERATORS".They just want to scam you.First,they act like a real Devs Or Mods on Growtopia.And then,they would ask you "Do you want to be a mod?"If you say yes,they would ask you for a GrowID and password,even E-Mail.Don't get tricked by others.They are not a real one.After that,if you give them your password,they would ask "Okay,we will check", "Oops...sorry,you can't be a mod,you haven't been logging in for a month".Or they don't reply anything.And,when you open your Growtopia,your rare stuffs will be gone forever.They are intelligent,you know...On his page,we can't add them as a friend.It can only be able to his what did they post and so on...Some others might've known these issues,but keep open your eyes and becareful!

Whatever you do, DO NOT make your password your real name... My friend did that and told me her name. I hacked her easily... but I didn't take anything. Some people, unlike me, are a lot less... nice.
    Info
    • GrowID: CurseOfTime
    • Level: 96

Default i got hack

I DOnt GIVe pass to anyone but i got hack it is my old account pakoncom