Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 321

Thread: WE WILL NEVER EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

  1. #41
    Master Sorcerer mrthadawee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    The only way someone could "hack" your password is if they find your password (if you tell them it or something)

    some people could email you pretending to be support asking for your password.

    "hacking" the passwords in theory is impossible. The method used to crack a password without having anyone tell it you is commonly called "brute forcing".

    Now here is the nerdy bit

    A brute force attack basically tries tons of passwords and waits for a response from a sever, if the password is incorrect the program tries again with a slightly different password.

    To make it possible to be brute forced the attacker must tell the brute force program what to try. For example, if your password was 12345 (a VERY bad password, never use it) the attacker will tell the program to try numbers as a general password rule, the program would be able to take your password after a few tries, 123 1234 12345 BOOM!

    it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this on Growtopia as it automatically locks you from guessing a password too many times. It could take millions of tries for a brute force attack to work, and it may take hours and hours for it to crack the password.

    seeing as Growtopia blocks you from guessing the password too much (to avoid brute force attacks) so called "hackers" try to find your password by other means, usually by tricking you to give it to them.

    Growtopia support will never ask for your password! NEVER EVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT TO ANYBODY! NOT EVEN YOUR FRIENDS!!!

    ~Mrthadawee
    -Thadirth

  2. #42
    Squire
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Post

    I Find It Stupid That The Scammers Ask For Peoples Password. They Have Their Own Account & Why Do They Need To Have Others Password.. Of Course Maybe Because It's A RICH Account. Users Are Not So Stupid To Give People Their Account Passwords. People Give Their Passwords To Their Siblings & Ended Up To Get Hacked By Their Own Siblings.. People Can't Resist Rich Items Because They Are Too Greedy.. :/ NEVER Give Your Password To Anyone Including Someone You Know In Real & Trust. If They Won't Be Your Friends Because You Don't Wanna Give Your Password,IGNORE Them Because They Are Not Your Real Friends! #KeepItSafe (: xx
    Owner Of This Following Worlds~ GameCreation, SecretsOfUs [Both Are Currently Under Construction
    If You Stand For Nothing,You Will Fall For Nothing Any Second Now. - iStars

  3. #43
    Lesser Wizard MrExeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Finland :)
    Posts
    224

    Default

    ''You will get gems send your password here but just if you are rich!'' xD i was like no way... scammers

  4. #44

    Angry Stop

    Quote Originally Posted by Tohru View Post
    No. Explain to me how someone can hack a site without usernames and passwords. EXACTLY.

    You should have some more respect. Tell them carefully and NOT make fun of people's replies. Nobody deserves anything but a good life.
    I was only kidding. What's wrong if I want to add a little humor to this
    Forum? I have rights!

  5. #45
    Master Sorcerer mrthadawee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    I was only kidding. What's wrong if I want to add a little humor to this
    Forum? I have rights!
    There is a difference between being funny and looking stupid you know :/
    -Thadirth

  6. #46
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    I was only kidding. What's wrong if I want to add a little humor to this
    Forum? I have rights!
    You disrespected other people. There's a difference between funny and not funny.

    You said:
    "So wanna know what u deserve? A big ! Lol"

    No. Not funny. The person was only trying to help, and you just disrespected them. I rest my case.

  7. #47
    Lesser Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Growtopia
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBarrage View Post
    This kind of scam is very common in popular online games. Now there are more of these because Growtopia is becoming really popular! We need to keep an eye out for this kind of scam!
    Random noobs ask me for my password -.- I say uhh no leave me alone

  8. #48
    Lesser Knight Rainbowdashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Watching you
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Yea I agree 10000000000%
    When life were a game ,then leveling up would be birthday!




    Never say no!




    YOLO SWAG! I know I'm coco-nuts you don't have to TELL me that!

    HUG YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!

  9. #49
    Master Sorcerer Ramon11124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chong View Post
    almost every growtopia videos i see,got people saying about give account password and username for free gems to be added into ur account!
    Thats a big shame ._.
    back?

  10. #50
    Lesser Wizard Ethan Ha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    325

    Default There is no need for anyone to ask someones password anyways.

    It's true don't let anyone know your password they will say something like this" if you tell me your password i will hack 9,999 gems for you!!" Well it's a fake make sure you don't fall for this trick.
    If you are having a feeling that someone knows your account change your password right away or else something might happen!~ information from the Peepz Guild
    Did you got hacked or have some issues? Email the support desk right away! Here is a link to it! support@growtopiagame.com


    Twitter- Follow me @BookOfSplicing

  11. #51
    Lesser Wizard TheEncryptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Jumping universes
    Posts
    117

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Just saying. Why Would a mod ever ask for your password? Red light no go. Dont believe them. Use common sence guys.
    Semper Fi

  12. #52
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Yeah so many peeps are quiting cause of this.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/es2jys.jpg

    Thanks @Brys for the Signature!
    World: DonutJump

  13. #53

    Default Rtsoft.com

    [LEFT


    [/LEFT]

  14. #54

    Default

    Hello i sell awsome parkour wolrd name is: FIRERUN. world overall is #27. if u buy world /msg alet99

    - - - Updated - - -

    SELL WORLD NAME IS: FIRERUN. WORLD OVERALL IS #27./MSG alet99 if u buy
    Hello guys . I sell cool world. World name is SHIP. that quite rare world name. /msg alet99 if u buy!

  15. #55

    Default Solorien...

    I think we mostly know not to share our password. I understand why your saying this because my bff quit because he shared his password with a scammer. Well we know what you say.Mostly say it in growtopia because some people don't go on forums. Don't say it so much because lots of people know why to not.

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Its great that your getting the message out about these scams because they are becoming more of a problem. I remember I was new and no one ever asked for my password for any reason. I hope no one gives anyway their password because this is a great game!
    stay coll growtopia

  17. #57
    Serf
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    I agree! So please don't tell ANYONE your password otherwise YOU will get the consequences.

  18. #58
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Also dont share with family/friends.Even your family/friends will scam you.Beware Growtopians.

  19. #59

    Default SELL THIS WORLD FOR 85-100 WLS OR OFFER RARES COME TO MY WORLD ALL GOLD BLOCKS

    SELL THIS WORLD FOR 85-100 WLS OR OFFER RARES COME TO MY WORLD


    GO TO ZOMBIEPLAYS NOW IM WAITING FOR YOU JUST POST YOUR OFFER IN BULLETIN BOARD


    OR MSG BENZTROPER FAST

  20. #60
    Lesser Wizard iNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

    NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    That's right!

    Never, EVER share your password with anyone !

    Why would somebody need it? It's your little secret, that no-one ever should know about.

    Keep it safe! And never tell your pass word!
    original signature



    m8

Similar Threads

  1. More password like door & password for reading message
    By Guybrush in forum Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 04:23 PM
  2. Password
    By LuckyStar in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 12:22 AM
  3. Password
    By GokuGT in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •