Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WE WILL NEVER EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

The only way someone could "hack" your password is if they find your password (if you tell them it or something)

some people could email you pretending to be support asking for your password.

"hacking" the passwords in theory is impossible. The method used to crack a password without having anyone tell it you is commonly called "brute forcing".

Now here is the nerdy bit

A brute force attack basically tries tons of passwords and waits for a response from a sever, if the password is incorrect the program tries again with a slightly different password.

To make it possible to be brute forced the attacker must tell the brute force program what to try. For example, if your password was 12345 (a VERY bad password, never use it) the attacker will tell the program to try numbers as a general password rule, the program would be able to take your password after a few tries, 123 1234 12345 BOOM!

it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this on Growtopia as it automatically locks you from guessing a password too many times. It could take millions of tries for a brute force attack to work, and it may take hours and hours for it to crack the password.

seeing as Growtopia blocks you from guessing the password too much (to avoid brute force attacks) so called "hackers" try to find your password by other means, usually by tricking you to give it to them.

Growtopia support will never ask for your password! NEVER EVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT TO ANYBODY! NOT EVEN YOUR FRIENDS!!!

~Mrthadawee
    -Thadirth

Squire

I Find It Stupid That The Scammers Ask For Peoples Password. They Have Their Own Account & Why Do They Need To Have Others Password.. Of Course Maybe Because It's A RICH Account. Users Are Not So Stupid To Give People Their Account Passwords. People Give Their Passwords To Their Siblings & Ended Up To Get Hacked By Their Own Siblings.. People Can't Resist Rich Items Because They Are Too Greedy.. :/ NEVER Give Your Password To Anyone Including Someone You Know In Real & Trust. If They Won't Be Your Friends Because You Don't Wanna Give Your Password,IGNORE Them Because They Are Not Your Real Friends! #KeepItSafe (: xx
    Owner Of This Following Worlds~ GameCreation, SecretsOfUs [Both Are Currently Under Construction
    If You Stand For Nothing,You Will Fall For Nothing Any Second Now. - iStars

''You will get gems send your password here but just if you are rich!'' xD i was like no way... scammers

Angry Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Tohru View Post
    No. Explain to me how someone can hack a site without usernames and passwords. EXACTLY.

You should have some more respect. Tell them carefully and NOT make fun of people's replies. Nobody deserves anything but a good life.
    I was only kidding. What's wrong if I want to add a little humor to this
    Forum? I have rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Forum? I have rights!
    There is a difference between being funny and looking stupid you know :/
    -Thadirth

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Forum? I have rights!
    You disrespected other people. There's a difference between funny and not funny.

You said:
    "So wanna know what u deserve? A big ! Lol"

No. Not funny. The person was only trying to help, and you just disrespected them. I rest my case.

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BenBarrage View Post
    This kind of scam is very common in popular online games. Now there are more of these because Growtopia is becoming really popular! We need to keep an eye out for this kind of scam!
    Random noobs ask me for my password -.- I say uhh no leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

NEVER share your password with ANYONE.
    Yea I agree 10000000000%
    When life were a game ,then leveling up would be birthday!

Never say no!

YOLO SWAG! I know I'm coco-nuts you don't have to TELL me that!

HUG YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chong View Post
    almost every growtopia videos i see,got people saying about give account password and username for free gems to be added into ur account!
    Thats a big shame ._.
    back?

Default There is no need for anyone to ask someones password anyways.

It's true don't let anyone know your password they will say something like this" if you tell me your password i will hack 9,999 gems for you!!" Well it's a fake make sure you don't fall for this trick.
    If you are having a feeling that someone knows your account change your password right away or else something might happen!~ information from the Peepz Guild
    Did you got hacked or have some issues? Email the support desk right away! Here is a link to it! support@growtopiagame.com

Twitter- Follow me @BookOfSplicing

Exclamation

Please know that nobody from Growtopia - not mods, developers, support desk... not ANYONE - will EVER ask you to share your password. We can't see them and we don't want to know them. Anyone who asks for your password for ANY REASON is trying to scam you.

Just saying. Why Would a mod ever ask for your password? Red light no go. Dont believe them. Use common sence guys.
    Semper Fi

Lesser Wizard

Yeah so many peeps are quiting cause of this.
    http://i61.tinypic.com/es2jys.jpg

Thanks @Brys for the Signature!
    World: DonutJump

Default Rtsoft.com

[LEFT

[/LEFT]

Hello i sell awsome parkour wolrd name is: FIRERUN. world overall is #27. if u buy world /msg alet99

- - - Updated - - -

SELL WORLD NAME IS: FIRERUN. WORLD OVERALL IS #27./MSG alet99 if u buy
    Hello guys . I sell cool world. World name is SHIP. that quite rare world name. /msg alet99 if u buy!

Default Solorien...

I think we mostly know not to share our password. I understand why your saying this because my bff quit because he shared his password with a scammer. Well we know what you say.Mostly say it in growtopia because some people don't go on forums. Don't say it so much because lots of people know why to not.

Its great that your getting the message out about these scams because they are becoming more of a problem. I remember I was new and no one ever asked for my password for any reason. I hope no one gives anyway their password because this is a great game!
    stay coll growtopia

Serf

Smile

I agree! So please don't tell ANYONE your password otherwise YOU will get the consequences.

Lesser Wizard

Also dont share with family/friends.Even your family/friends will scam you.Beware Growtopians.

Default SELL THIS WORLD FOR 85-100 WLS OR OFFER RARES COME TO MY WORLD ALL GOLD BLOCKS

SELL THIS WORLD FOR 85-100 WLS OR OFFER RARES COME TO MY WORLD

GO TO ZOMBIEPLAYS NOW IM WAITING FOR YOU JUST POST YOUR OFFER IN BULLETIN BOARD

OR MSG BENZTROPER FAST

That's right!

Never, EVER share your password with anyone !

Why would somebody need it? It's your little secret, that no-one ever should know about.

Keep it safe! And never tell your pass word!
    original signature

m8