Thread: The Rules of Growtopia Guide (For the People who are Unaware of the Rules)

Master Sorcerer

Default The Rules of Growtopia Guide (For the People who are Unaware of the Rules)

Recently, I've been seeing people not reading the Rules, especially the new players of Growtopia that are unaware of what Seth expects us to follow. In this guide, I will explain thoroughly through each Rule and how to follow it. If you do not know what the Rules, simply do /rules inside the game and you'll be led to the Rules! Here's photographs of what they are:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  590.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  622.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  454.6 KB

Here's the Rules:

Please keep language and content family-friendly, don't evade swear filter

Basically, what this Rule means is that you are not allowed to use vulgar language in any type of way. Putting it in chat, creating a world with a inappropriate name, and avoiding the language using things like *.*.*.* (Imagine a "bad" word replacing the stars to the left). Do not use words such as "s*x" (Unless you are talking about the gender but will still get you Duct-Taped). No sexual harassment whatsoever. If a moderator sees you or a person reports you for any type of harassment or using any type of vulgarity, you'll be Duct Taped, which means that a Duct Tape will cover your mouth for a certain amount of time, which prevents you from talking to anyone using the chat button.

Don't be bigoted or racist! Bullying will not be tolerated

This Rule explains that no type of discrimination is allowed to be used, such as calling a person a "n***a." You'll be Duct Taped for a certain amount of time. Calling people other racist remarks such as "black" (Unless you mean their skin) or other racist comments will get you in trouble... Serious trouble.

Never give your password or any personal information to a player or a webpage/app- they will steal your stuff!

It's not necessary to give your GrowID's information to a stranger just to get infinite gems/lots of rares. The stranger WILL take all you items and scam you. Moderators CANNOT get your items back, considering that it was your fault that you gave you information to a stranger. NEVER share your account password to anyone, especially if they are related to you!

Players with @ in front of their name are Game Moderators- listen to 'em and please don't spam them
    Mods don't fix scams, they punish rule breakers

Moderators do the best they can to help benefit the Growtoia community by banning/cursing many scammers! Do not act mean to them in any way! They do the best they can to get to every message that you send! As the Rule states, DO NOT spam the moderator with messages, as they are flooded with other messages from other players as well. Treat each moderator with respect, especially the newest moderators! Like I said to my explanation of the last Rule, moderators CANNOT get your items back! Your item, your responsibility to take care of your item!

All chat is logged

I don't know why this was posted as a Rule, but it's pretty simple to explain: Every thing you say ends up on the chat (Obviously).

Don't pretend to be a moderator or admin. Don't fake system messages of any kind

DO NOT impersonate as a current moderator or a future moderator! These kind of moderator stunts will get you in serious trouble! If you're not sure about any type of moderators that are on, simply type on your chat, /mods, and it will give you a notification on the moderators that are online. To add on to this, DO NOT pretend that a moderator is at your world by fake broadcasting their names into your Broadcast/Super-Broadcast! You'll be Duct-Taped for making people waste their time trying to look for a moderator that is supposedly at your world!

Don't lie about moderators or admins, including pretending that they are in your world or being a family relation

Like I have said in the last Rule explanation, DO NOT fake Broadcast about a moderator being in your world. Moderators try to protect the game from spammers and scammers, so don't waste anyone's time just to get the attention you want. To add on, don't mention that you are somehow related to a moderator! If you're actually related to a moderator, don't mention it!

Detection of a hacked client, (Including speed hax) or IAP/PayPal fraud results on a ban

Never hack... Ever! This will result in a 2 year ban! Once you start hacking, you'll be banned immediately by any adminstrator that notices what you're doing. Even if you accidently use any type of hack client on Growtopia, you'll still be banned (Kind of harsh, but Rules are Rules). Again, DO NOT hack Growtopia!

General scams and lies aren't exactly illegal, but be warned that Moderators can still punish you.

This Rule pretty much explains about itself, but I will explain it more. Basically, if you lie about a giveaway inside your world/someone else's world, moderators have the power to punish you for the lies you've spread. Scams, such as Drop Trades, CAN lead to some serious punishment. So, don't scam and lie! It will end badly if you do!

Drop Games are not allowed (hosting, advertising, or playing) and result in a ban (it's a trick some scammers use)

Hosting and advertising about a Drop Game have the same punishment: A Ban. Playing/Participating/Spectating a Drop Game WILL lead to you being cursed! Everyone knows that Drop Games are illegal, so have some common sense when you're inside a Drop Game world!

Breaking rules on purpose to try to get muted or duct-taped results in a ban instead

This Rule pretty much explains it all. Don't spam the chat on purpose for attention, or spamming a moderator to come to your world. These kind of actions WILL get you Duct-Taped!

Bots and macroing (autofarming) programs will result in a ban

Do not use bots to do the farming for you! You MUST farm legitimately. Don't use any type of speed hacks! Don't be lazy and farm what you want!

Do not broadcast about or from inappropriate world names- /msg a mod instead (do /mods to see who's on)

Doing these types of stunts will get you Duct-Taped! Don't broadcast about any type of inappropriate names, worlds, etc. Do not broadcast from inappropriate world names as well as moderators WILL ban/Duct-Tape you!

Be aware that bans/mutes apply to your location and device, not just the account that misbehaved

This Rule is self-explanatory. Just make sure that you don't break a Rule and get people near you punished for something that you've done!

Item function and prices are subject to change

This Rule is self-explanatory. Like every item, their prices and functions WILL change, due to bug fixes (For functions) or price changes, such as Angel Wings rising from 5 World Locks to 90-100 World Locks.

Your creations and items could be deleted any time.
    We'll do our best to avoid this and do backups, but data loss happens sometimes

This Rule is self-explanatory. Data loss happens often, so do not be angered if your world/items are lost! Simply email support@growtopiagame.com and explain what happened.

For technical support, IAP issues or to report a player, please email support@growtopiagame.com

Do not message a moderator about a severe problem or broadcast about banning a scammer that you've been scammed by! Simply email support@growtopiagame.com, along with the proof that the certain player scammed you, and they'll see what they can do about it! As for technical support and IAP issues... To change your email address to another one, simply go to your email and send a draft explaining which email you would like to switch to. IAP issues can be solved as long as you provide the receipt in your draft to the support desk. If you have any other problems (Such as control difficulties), then email the support desk.

Hope that all of your players play Growtopia safely! Listen to the Rules and have fun inside the game!
    Last edited by Mr Meh Meh; 12-15-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Moved to my first forums account, MrMehMeh. If you got anything you want to PM to me, PM me on MrMehMeh; thanks

http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...00444-MrMehMeh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meh Meh View Post
    Recently, I've been seeing people not reading the Rules, especially the new players of Growtopia that are unaware of what Seth expects us to follow. In this guide, I will explain thoroughly through each Rule and how to follow it. If you do not know what the Rules, simply do /rules inside the game and you'll be led to the Rules! Here's photographs of what they are:

Here's the Rules:

Basically, what this Rule means is that you are not allowed to use vulgar language in any type of way. Putting it in chat, creating a world with a inappropriate name, and avoiding the language using things like *.*.*.* (Imagine a "bad" word replacing the stars to the left). Do not use words such as "s*x" (Unless you are talking about the gender but will still get you Duct-Taped). No sexual harassment whatsoever. If a moderator sees you or a person reports you for any type of harassment or using any type of vulgarity, you'll be Duct Taped, which means that a Duct Tape will cover your mouth for a certain amount of time, which prevents you from talking to anyone using the chat button.

This Rule explains that no type of discrimination is allowed to be used, such as calling a person a "n***a." You'll be Duct Taped for a certain amount of time. Calling people other racist remarks such as "black" (Unless you mean their skin) or other racist comments will get you in trouble... Serious trouble.

Will be editing more into this guide later on. Hope that all of your players play Growtopia safely!
    Good job! I can tell you have put a lot of effort into this and I am sure it will help a lot of players. Keep up the good work!
    -Flash
    IGN: CamStock

Hey if you could, GTRULES which is a world made for quite a while that explains every rule and gives little tips. Can you support it? Because it is a good world just trying to let everyone know the rules.
    In-Game: Jaxx

Never look back, keep looking forward.

Master Sorcerer

Default I apologize if...

I was bumping. I just want to inform players to read the Rules and follow them!
    Moved to my first forums account, MrMehMeh. If you got anything you want to PM to me, PM me on MrMehMeh; thanks

Eh, hackers are getting smarter. One guy bypassed 3 bans and 2 duct tapes(or curses or something)
    But uhh, nice guide though I think most forumers already know the rules.Helpful to newbies thou
    http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/charizard.gif
    Steam ID:Zero04GT
    Grow ID:ZeroKurogane

For Newbies:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...ia-For-Newbies
    For New Forumers:
    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...added-3-11-13)

WORLDS:
    Silentham(Farming world/Main world)
    Zero04gt(Shop)

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroKurogane View Post
    Eh, hackers are getting smarter. One guy bypassed 3 bans and 2 duct tapes(or curses or something)
    But uhh, nice guide though I think most forumers already know the rules.Helpful to newbies thou
    I appreciate your comment But as the title says, this guide is for those who are unaware of the Rules that Seth had set up to protect Growtopia.

Here's the Rules:

Never give your password or any personal information to a player or a webpage/app- they will steal your stuff!

It's not necessary to give your GrowID's information to a stranger just to get infinite gems/lots of rares. The stranger WILL take all you items and scam you. Moderators CANNOT get your items back, considering that it was your fault that you gave you information to a stranger. NEVER share your account password to anyone, especially if they are related to you!

Players with @ in front of their name are Game Moderators- listen to 'em and please don't spam them

Moderators do the best they can to help benefit the Growtoia community by banning/cursing many scammers! Do not act mean to them in any way! They do the best they can to get to every message that you send! As the Rule states, DO NOT spam the moderator with messages, as they are flooded with other messages from other players as well. Treat each moderator with respect, especially the newest moderators! Like I said to my explanation of the last Rule, moderators CANNOT get your items back! Your item, your responsibility to take care of your item!

All chat is logged

I don't know why this was posted as a Rule, but it's pretty simple to explain: Every thing you say ends up on the chat (Obviously).

Don't pretend to be a moderator or admin. Don't fake system messages of any kind

DO NOT impersonate as a current moderator or a future moderator! These kind of moderator stunts will get you in serious trouble! If you're not sure about any type of moderators that are on, simply type on your chat, /mods, and it will give you a notification on the moderators that are online. To add on to this, DO NOT pretend that a moderator is at your world by fake broadcasting their names into your Broadcast/Super-Broadcast! You'll be Duct-Taped for making people waste their time trying to look for a moderator that is supposedly at your world!

Don't lie about moderators or admins, including pretending that they are in your world or being a family relation

Like I have said in the last Rule explanation, DO NOT fake Broadcast about a moderator being in your world. Moderators try to protect the game from spammers and scammers, so don't waste anyone's time just to get the attention you want. To add on, don't mention that you are somehow related to a moderator! If you're actually related to a moderator, don't mention it!

Detection of a hacked client, (Including speed hax) or IAP/PayPal fraud results on a ban

Never hack... Ever! This will result in a 2 year ban! Once you start hacking, you'll be banned immediately by any adminstrator that notices what you're doing. Even if you accidently use any type of hack client on Growtopia, you'll still be banned (Kind of harsh, but Rules are Rules). Again, DO NOT hack Growtopia!

General scams and lies aren't exactly illegal, but be warned that Moderators can still punish you.

This Rule pretty much explains about itself, but I will explain it more. Basically, if you lie about a giveaway inside your world/someone else's world, moderators have the power to punish you for the lies you've spread. Scams, such as Drop Trades, CAN lead to some serious punishment. So, don't scam and lie! It will end badly if you do!

Drop Games are not allowed (hosting, advertising, or playing) and result in a ban (it's a trick some scammers use)

Hosting and advertising about a Drop Game have the same punishment: A Ban. Playing/Participating/Spectating a Drop Game WILL lead to you being cursed! Everyone knows that Drop Games are illegal, so have some common sense when you're inside a Drop Game world!

Breaking rules on purpose to try to get muted or duct-taped results in a ban instead

This Rule pretty much explains it all. Don't spam the chat on purpose for attention, or spamming a moderator to come to your world. These kind of actions WILL get you Duct-Taped!

Do not use bots to do the farming for you! You MUST farm legitimately. Don't use any type of speed hacks! Don't be lazy and farm what you want!

Do not broadcast about or from inappropriate world names- /msg a mod instead (do /mods to see who's on)

Doing these types of stunts will get you Duct-Taped! Don't broadcast about any type of inappropriate names, worlds, etc. Do not broadcast from inappropriate world names as well as moderators WILL ban/Duct-Tape you!

Be aware that bans/mutes apply to your location and device, not just the account that misbehaved

This Rule is self-explanatory. Just make sure that you don't break a Rule and get people near you punished for something that you've done!

This Rule is self-explanatory. Like every item, their prices and functions WILL change, due to bug fixes (For functions) or price changes, such as Angel Wings rising from 5 World Locks to 90-100 World Locks.

This Rule is self-explanatory. Data loss happens often, so do not be angered if your world/items are lost! Simply email support@growtopiagame.com and explain what happened.

For technical support, IAP issues or to report a player, please email support@growtopiagame.com

Do not message a moderator about a severe problem or broadcast about banning a scammer that you've been scammed by! Simply email support@growtopiagame.com, along with the proof that the certain player scammed you, and they'll see what they can do about it! As for technical support and IAP issues... To change your email address to another one, simply go to your email and send a draft explaining which email you would like to switch to. IAP issues can be solved as long as you provide the receipt in your draft to the support desk. If you have any other problems (Such as control difficulties), then email the support desk.

Hope that all of your players play Growtopia safely! Listen to the Rules and have fun inside the game!
    I thought this kind of explanation has been done before,But I guess its good to keep it fresh :/

Here's the Rules:

All chat is logged

I can't stand the mini-modding...GAHHH.
    Haters gonna hate.
    my signature but it has stuff inside it

i won't lie my IGN is definitely Voxle1

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanoftech View Post
    I can't stand the mini-modding...GAHHH.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Mini-modding? Seriously? That's what you're going to assume? Well, it's your opinion from your point of view. But still. Really? All I did was make a little guide on how each Rule works... Everyone else makes guides and appreciates those who care for the Growtopia community...

Here's the Rules:

All chat is logged

Uh, nice guide, but not that much newbies surf on the forums.
    IGN:KillerXD

Special thanks to ynot.
    Click spoiler below for a video.

http://imgur.com/aDOkT2L

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by KillerXD View Post
    Uh, nice guide, but not that much newbies surf on the forums.
    Well, they may have a chance to check the forums when updates occur or the server has to shut down due to some bug fixing.