View Poll Results: Is this Something you’d like to see happen?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Let me tell you my favorite animal!

11 100.00%
  • No! This is annoying and unnecessary!

0 0%

Thread: Login security

Knight

Default Login security

So like my account got stolen today, my bad, idk how they got the info but regardless they got it. But I think Ubisoft should implement some better security when it comes to logging in. I’ve always played Growtopia in North Carolina USA, if there’s a random login in my account from India or some weird location or new device, I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of security questions, maybe even a verification code like google and apple do when you login somewhere else. Heck, that’s not even needed, a notification from the Growtopia app, telling me that my account is being accessed, would’ve be amazing, I probably wouldn’t have lost anything. This new system would cut down on the amount of people quitting, or complaining on forums about not getting their items back. Even if it would be a little annoying to set up and recover, I would (and I think I speak for thousands of Growtopians) still like the peace of mind to know that even if someone got their hands on my info, that all my hard work isn’t shattered. Thanks!

For those who can’t read all that, just add some security questions, or even a simple notification if my account is being played somewhere other than my set home, or common login area.
    Last edited by creatordan12; 11-12-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    IGN: Meddel
    Mainworld: UK2L

oh I'm sorry of your loss and +1 for your idea. I agree with notifications
    Hey guys, I am Bomzar!

My Country: Lithuania

I am friendly growtopian who loves to help for others. Love programming, making logos and videos

If you need any help, contact me on forums or in the game.

IGN: Bomzar

Už Lietuvą Vyrai!

Yes, as long as it is toggleable as some people would find it annoying.

Knight

I’m still baffled at how this isn’t already a thing

Knight

Bumpity bump bump

Simply to put it, before you make any suggestions on login security, the main reason why accounts get breached is because they do not have strong passwords or that users fell for phishing sites

The forums is the place where you can find people defined by the following:

Cancerous
    Annoying
    Attention-seeking
    Dramatic

Knight

Regardless, the issue could be prevented even if the password is found, Google has it, Apple has it, it’s not that difficult to do either. That would completely eliminate downloaded programs that steal your password, why would Growtopia store the answer to your security questions? Realistically, you can’t ban every ‘phisher’ out there, but if Ubisoft made it harder for phishers to USE your password then we’d see a massive decline in players losing their accounts.