Thread: Future world building contests should be announced much earlier in advance.

Default Future world building contests should be announced much earlier in advance.

As I logged onto the forums, I noticed that there's a thanksgiving world-building contest, however there's less than 5 days for the world to be built. It's obviously too late at this point to change this one, but could any future world building contests be announced much earlier? Otherwise people will just quickly spend up whatever WLs (or DLs) they have on a quick no-effort world that they just want to win for the trophy or whatever rewards there might be. Announcing future contests of this nature in advance (Take BlueDwarf's Halloween contest for example, that was announced nearly a month before Halloween, plenty of time) would allow people to spend more time and therefore create better quality worlds. Not only could this allow more people (including those with lower budgets who can't gather materials in less than a week), but could also bring worlds that are actuallly worthy of the prize, not just some low-effort world that is just about somewhat better than the others. I've literally seen somebody enter a world they've already built (and is mostly empty anyway) that doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with Thanksgiving, and I don't think they even built it themselves either.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475

But this was a new surprise event.
    Unlike Halloween,which has been running for a few years. If they announced a new competition, the event wouldnt be a surprise anymore

Well theyll probably do it next year
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

Yep. Like if they want Xmas world competition they should start NOW.
    Yo
    I'm HGrowH (<<<IGN), now a full time builder.

UberDuck's B.O.O. Song!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWZkvBJwrk]
    My Youtube channel link for people looking for it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP4...HzZ73Qv1vot_yQ

These lines are here so people won't click on the link when trying to quote

Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post
    But this was a new surprise event.
    Unlike Halloween,which has been running for a few years. If they announced a new competition, the event wouldnt be a surprise anymore

Well theyll probably do it next year
    Yeah, sure, but they could always do a non-holiday related one or even specify a more strict theme for the worlds.

ok y'all the pics back

oh yeah btw my discord is @Dynnie#3475