Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 61

Thread: Lost my respect to Growtopia today

  1. #1
    Lesser Wizard OZI!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    207

    Default Lost my respect to Growtopia today

    My country Finland is today 100 years old. This day is day is one of the most important days in Finlands history. Growtopia is also full of Finnish players, and our world SUOMI is the most popular world in Growtopia which isn’t a place to buy things (example TRADE etc.) SUOMI is currently 14. Most popular world of all time, beating TURK and INDONESIA. Keep in mind Finland has 5,5 Million citizens and Indonesia 261 million (2016.) What is Growtopia doing during one of the most important day to us?

    Balloon wars. Yep balloon wars. We can celebrate by throwing balloons at each other. Finnish people are divided to different teams, just like our civil war!

    I would have been happy with a small mention. We didn’t even get that. We got nothing.
    I can’t even show my nationality of a country i love because in front of my name is now a sign of team Grow.

    Well. At least i can go to SUOMI to celebrate this day with others right? No. Today the limit of worlds is 70 people, while hundreds try to get in.

    If someone has made a world of this day, please just give it a WOTD. Our world SUOMI deserves it too.

    Thank you

    #Suomi100
    IGN: OZI

    Visit ScaredOfScammers!


  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer MrStreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Maybe they didn't know.
    IGN: MrStreak

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard OZI!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrStreak View Post
    Maybe they didn't know.
    Even if they didn’t know, this is just so annoying
    IGN: OZI

    Visit ScaredOfScammers!


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    +3144 posts, yeah Im copying ExistJr
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    But do you know that Growtopia avoids any kind of issue

    *Growtopia mentions Finland's anniversar*
    *Indos complain because they were never mentioned and must be mentioned for their 54 year, 6 months anniversary(jk)*
    *all countries follow*

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.

  6. #6
    Lesser Knight GamekidXZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Malaysia!
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCro View Post
    I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.
    Yeah! I'm still waiting for the devs to consider TACO DAY!


    Name:  adsdaw.png
Views: 380
Size:  6.3 KB


    This isn't a fake holiday by the way, look up google for those skeptical people
    This is my comment. They're are many like it, but this one is mine!


    Account Info

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer GTLighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    in your mind :)
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    The Balloon Warz is just meant to be for fun: splashing your friends and having a fun time together!
    It's just like playing hide and seek at the playground, Balloon Warz is just a friendly battle between three groups that everyone around the globe playing Growtopia is divided into.
    I'm sure you will have no hard feelings or anything against the other players in other teams innit

    Good luck and have fun!
    Happy Independence Day too
    IGN: kyejeh
    Social Media:
    Instagram
    YouTube

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTLighty View Post
    Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.
    Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard OZI!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTLighty View Post
    Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.
    I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
    Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday
    Yep, in Finland we don’t celebrate:
    Thanksgiving
    Cinco de mayo
    The leprechaun thing
    Halloween
    Harvest festival

    And those are included in the game
    IGN: OZI

    Visit ScaredOfScammers!


  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OZI! View Post
    I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
    Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.
    In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
    We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
    I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard OZI!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCro View Post
    In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
    We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
    I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.
    I am happy to make someone laugh today, even if he laughed to the most important day of our history
    IGN: OZI

    Visit ScaredOfScammers!


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •