Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost my respect to Growtopia today

Default Lost my respect to Growtopia today

My country Finland is today 100 years old. This day is day is one of the most important days in Finlands history. Growtopia is also full of Finnish players, and our world SUOMI is the most popular world in Growtopia which isn’t a place to buy things (example TRADE etc.) SUOMI is currently 14. Most popular world of all time, beating TURK and INDONESIA. Keep in mind Finland has 5,5 Million citizens and Indonesia 261 million (2016.) What is Growtopia doing during one of the most important day to us?

Balloon wars. Yep balloon wars. We can celebrate by throwing balloons at each other. Finnish people are divided to different teams, just like our civil war!

I would have been happy with a small mention. We didn’t even get that. We got nothing.
    I can’t even show my nationality of a country i love because in front of my name is now a sign of team Grow.

Well. At least i can go to SUOMI to celebrate this day with others right? No. Today the limit of worlds is 70 people, while hundreds try to get in.

If someone has made a world of this day, please just give it a WOTD. Our world SUOMI deserves it too.

Thank you

#Suomi100
    IGN: OZI

Visit ScaredOfScammers!

Maybe they didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStreak View Post
    Maybe they didn't know.
    Even if they didn’t know, this is just so annoying

Visit ScaredOfScammers!

Banned

But do you know that Growtopia avoids any kind of issue

*Growtopia mentions Finland's anniversar*
    *Indos complain because they were never mentioned and must be mentioned for their 54 year, 6 months anniversary(jk)*
    *all countries follow*

I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by iCro View Post
    I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.
    Yeah! I'm still waiting for the devs to consider TACO DAY!

Name:  adsdaw.png
Views: 376
Size:  6.3 KB

This isn't a fake holiday by the way, look up google for those skeptical people
    This is my comment. They're are many like it, but this one is mine!

Account Info

Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.

Master Sorcerer

The Balloon Warz is just meant to be for fun: splashing your friends and having a fun time together!
    It's just like playing hide and seek at the playground, Balloon Warz is just a friendly battle between three groups that everyone around the globe playing Growtopia is divided into.
    I'm sure you will have no hard feelings or anything against the other players in other teams innit

Good luck and have fun!
    Happy Independence Day too
    IGN: kyejeh
    Social Media:
    Instagram
    YouTube

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTLighty View Post
    Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.
    Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday

Quote Originally Posted by GTLighty View Post
    I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
    Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    Yep, in Finland we don’t celebrate:
    Thanksgiving
    Cinco de mayo
    The leprechaun thing
    Halloween
    Harvest festival

And those are included in the game

Visit ScaredOfScammers!

Quote Originally Posted by OZI! View Post
    I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
    Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.
    In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
    We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
    I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.

In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
    We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
    I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.
    I am happy to make someone laugh today, even if he laughed to the most important day of our history

Visit ScaredOfScammers!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctic View Post
    Well, there's still at least a few popular countries that celebrate it, not just one. Also, it's a popular holiday despite not celebrated worldwide.

For the whole Finland's 100th birthday thing, of course you guys aren't mentioned because they have never mentioned any other country's independence nor celebrated it as well. If only someone had built a world related to that, geez... because I recall in 2016 that during SG50 (or 51? CMIIW) and ID71 people actually built adventure worlds to commemorate their countries' independence day.

IGN: electrodream
    Discord: Dreamy#2149
    IG: @electrodreamy
    WOTD count: 23
    Forumers' VIP pass: StarboardFTW.

To clarify, I'm not an Australian citizen but I'm an Indonesian studying abroad.

There are literally lots of countries that don't celebrate the events that Growtopia hosts. This game is played in hundreds of countries so you can't expect them to make a whole new event dedicated to your country.. If you lost your respect because the team didn't waste their time making some dumb event 80% of the players won't even care about then it's best for you to leave, no one will miss you and I'm glad you lost your respect for them

Also even if an event is made/ words are wrote in the Gazette, people will be expecting THEIR country to be mentioned every damn time their country celebrates something too, and the team doesn't have the time to do that

if YOU want to celebrate the event, make a world dedicated to it and do a few sbs like ElectroDream mentioned, don't put more work on the team for some pesky stuffs
    IGN: Brienne
    –––––––––––––– – ––––––––––––
    http://growtopiaga.me.pn/item.php?q=Brienne

Quote Originally Posted by ExeCutie View Post
    LOL!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...6&d=1511790566 https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...3&d=1512063591

Maybe they shouldn't celebrate any country's holidays. Let the country celebrate itself.

Master Sorcerer

Err... Just because you have one of the most popular worlds in Growtopia, just because you have such an active player base from Finnish, means Growtopia should acknowledge Finnish's Independence Day? I don't think Growtopia should as its just a game and would be unfair to most countries who celebrate their Days as well? I mean you could build worlds celebrating Finland's Independence, like those few worlds for Singapore what 2 or 3 years ago?

Haha, if Growtopia mentions every Independence Day occuring in every country, I don't think the Gazette will have any rest from being updated daily...

Anyways, Happy Birthday to Finland!

Quote Originally Posted by MrStreak View Post
    Maybe they shouldn't celebrate any country's holidays. Let the country celebrate itself.
    More people should think like this, being proud goes to an extent and you can't just hope everyone will celebrate an event that literally only your country celebrates then be salty when finding out that people don't
    IGN: Brienne
    http://growtopiaga.me.pn/item.php?q=Brienne

Quote Originally Posted by ExeCutie View Post
    LOL!
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...6&d=1511790566 https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...3&d=1512063591

I am happy to make someone laugh today, even if he laughed to the most important day of our history
    1. I'm laughing in pity for your ridiculousness.
    2. I'm laughing on how you lost your respect to a thing Ubisoft wouldn't do, not the country.

Nice try, bucko, but use your eyes properly and read the sentence again.

1. I'm laughing in pity for your ridiculousness.
    2. I'm laughing on how you lost your respect to a thing Ubisoft wouldn't do, not the country.

Nice try, bucko, but use your eyes properly and read the sentence again.
    Well even if you try you can’t stop tears of joy of being a Finn

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry if i offended anyone, im just full of feelings because of this day
    My grandfather gave his life so i can celebrate this day
    Thank you

Visit ScaredOfScammers!

Well even if you try you can’t stop tears of joy of being a Finn
    Well, if you continue complaining about small things like this, you will stain the reputations of the Finnish.