Thread: Suggestions on the new forum layout.

Default Suggestions for different forum features.

Despite the hate concerning the new layout of the forums, I have grown fond of it but as a suggestor, I see that there are holes to be filled. My suggestions - ones that could fill a few holes in the hole-filled barrel (my metaphor sucks, yes) - may be small details but they could help.

I pretty sure I don't have to justify how it DOES NOT belong to the Suggestion Box, doing so will make you think that the community is stupid enough to know how to put the right thread in the right subforum.

1. Dark and Light options.
    For the ones who have problem with the light background, this is the solution. They should find it in the settings that there is a Dark/Light mode. The light is mode is this, the new layout and the dark form is a Night Weather Machine type of layout, and the palette of green, white and everything else light should lower the brightness.

2. Font change.
    For the ones who have difficult reading the thin lines of the Century Gothic text, this is the suggestion for you. Also found in the settings, it can make the font switch from Arial, Times New Roman, or Century Gothic. I got this suggestion from iPhones where you can change the weight/size of the text.

That is all. Of course, doing said suggestions is not easy and you barely even know me, so I understand if this gets ignored.

EDIT: I have made more suggestions not exactly regarding the forum layout, but rather the other features.

3. Growtopia-related ranks
    I am tired of seeing squires, lesser knights, lesser wizards and master sorcerers. I do not like to offend anyone but this rank is not only very old but also it is non-Growtopia related. Although this does not bother me much as the first two items, it still bothered me for a long time.

4. Changing thread's title
    I can't change the title of my thread when it appears on the subforum pages (e.g. Suggestion Box, Everything Else) but I can change the title of the thread when people are in the thread itself. Make it sync and connected so that both will change when you change the title of the thread.

5. Using Growtopia art as buttons
    Self-explanatory. I would see this as an improvement rather than a fix.
    Last edited by iCro; 01-26-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀɴᴛᴀsɪᴇs ᴅɪsᴛᴏʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ

On top of the roof, somewhere that the economy is slow enough to have roofed houses

siggy check is something you need
    Officially quit 1/8/19
    Lurking forums aimlessly

Addicting to hypixel skyblock - if you want to find me that'll be the best bet.
    Or discord. It works, too.

Name:  1F850C36-158A-48DE-A777-CB648601C7A1.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  2.23 MB

The Expert (in apologies because I mess up a lot)
    Art Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by topazi View Post
    Name:  1F850C36-158A-48DE-A777-CB648601C7A1.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  2.23 MB
    It still does not completely solve the problem where the headings and other light colors become darker so it would look pleasing to the eye. Anyways, at least the background issue is solved, but there are still more problems that us forumers encounter.

Quite the laptop you got there, very nice.

Regarding to the ranks, maybe we could have easy changeable personal ranks? With that I mean - Farmer, Profiter, Trader, Youtuber, Builder, etc..
    As far as I have seen, Ubisoft have just done visual changes. Perhaps I am wrong, but there are no new features (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Ign: Cherizer

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Drink Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionex01 View Post
    The best investiment right now would be English lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by iCro View Post
    It still does not completely solve the problem where the headings and other light colors become darker so it would look pleasing to the eye. Anyways, at least the background issue is solved, but there are still more problems that us forumers encounter.

Quite the laptop you got there, very nice.
    Thats just nenkais version of the night background, theres a thread about it but kinda lazy to dig it up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLv View Post
    Regarding to the ranks, maybe we could have easy changeable personal ranks? With that I mean - Farmer, Profiter, Trader, Youtuber, Builder, etc..
    As far as I have seen, Ubisoft have just done visual changes. Perhaps I am wrong, but there are no new features (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yes
    Changable ranks is for kul kids

WOah 2.25k posts
    http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/absol.gif
    Best thing you'll ever see

Rare live footage of a Forumer posting

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1IBjc...DKUM/giphy.gif
    No Hacks Required. Just possibly a game-breaking glitch.
    Keep getting hacked? Try http://www.trypap.com/

Banned

Pretty sure vforum dont offer that, you see its borrowed, we domt have our OWN forum. I mean the OWN format

So I guess you can talk to vforums

Also why did you report BiteLord? I was about to stop him

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrokinetic View Post
    Pretty sure vforum dont offer that, you see its borrowed, we domt have our OWN forum. I mean the OWN format

So I guess you can talk to vforums

Also why did you report BiteLord? I was about to stop him
    The Growtopia Staff has quite the power to manipulate the layout and the functionalities of their own vBulletin forums.

The option for a darker theme sounds fine, but I think they have to resort to the vanilla font for the themes. Headers and thread titles may remain as Century Gothic, to keep its flavour.
    https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Fishykek.gif
    Memento mori.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Started playing Growtopia since 2013.
    Voted as the Best Writer for 2016 and 2017.
    Hosted the Forum Awards 2017.
    The leader of the Writers' Union.