Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MagPlant 5000 shouldn't be an Item of the Month.

Default MagPlant 5000 shouldn't be an Item of the Month.

Don't get me wrong - it's an amazing item with various utilities, but what really flaws it is the fact that it is an Item of the Month.
    This means it won't come back after the month is over.

Why is this bad? This item can be used extensively and works better when more than one is used. For example, for a Science Station world (one of the most common harvesting worlds) has various types of chemicals. Thus, more than 6 or so MagPlant 5000s will have to be used to help its effectiveness. This Item of the Month is much different, as it has a vast utility that helps with the quality of life improvements compared to other Items of the Month.
    • Royal Lock can be argued to be these criteria, but it is really a cosmetic item as it serves no utility purpose other than being an anti-social annoyance.

Please keep this item in the store forever. It will really benefit Growtopia a lot, and it would be a shame to see this item being used drop and become less and less common because it would be much harder to obtain.
    • You don't even have to change the price or anything, just keep it in the store within Locks and Stuff, or Awesome Items.

i bet this will be a waste of my time
    𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭𝓼 : PURPOSES ¦ SELFDEPRIVED ¦ FEARLISTENS ¦ RIFT ¦ PSYCHOVILLE ¦ ROYALFESTIVAL
    32 WOTDs

Discord Tag: xdpical#7777

Ubisoft I seriously hope you consider this, the fact that most people are going to need MULTIPLE of these and how useful and one of a kind this type of effect is, I feel like it’s needed to make this last after February.
    IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

https://www.upload.ee/image/9292002/heallvishere.png

Quote Originally Posted by NekoRei View Post
    Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Agree. Too op for an IOTM.

Agreed, but I think they are trying to make the IOTM more rare and useful.
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391

100% agree. Ubisoft should seriously consider this. That unique items (items with unique functions) should never be a limited time only. Basically the same thing as with phoenix wings.
    IGN: Stocker

Legendary Title finally achieved

Subscribe "Growtopia Digital"

Master Sorcerer Clarken (ciarken)'s Avatar

I agree,

before, really rare items were only aesthetic, and not essential in any way.
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Agreed. Make it perma.

Man, if this doesn't become permanent, we see a good item go to waste, forgotten. Sadly, I'm pretty sure they won't change this.
    IGN : Snowcone
    Level : 86

Thumbs up

This item is by far one of my favorites, great design and ingenuity with multiple uses. Finally productivity in Growtopia has gotten a boost, which makes the game so much more fun. This item should seriously be considered to be put in Growtopia store since a lot of players will want to use this item.
    http://i59.tinypic.com/jh4v3r.jpg
    Winterfest is coming!
    RIP Beemo1
    IGN:Nanox
    Level:54

this item is basically a benefit to everyone, it changes the game for good
    1+ keep it please
    this is boring
    Add me on discord
    holaloh#9553

It'd be great if it stayed. Agree with all your points. I don't see them making it permanent though. I'll probably just buy 5 and keep them forever.
    GrowID: DCED
    Level: 100

Heya! I guess it just depends on who received your ticket.
    Some people behind support are better or lazier than others, confirmed by NekoRei. That’s not a good support imo
    It's okay to be thicc tbh.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TakenSoul View Post
    It'd be great if it stayed. Agree with all your points. I don't see them making it permanent though. I'll probably just buy 5 and keep them forever.
    I was thinking the buy 5 and keep forever they are so useful

Quote Originally Posted by TakenSoul View Post
    I would buy 20+
    5 for stat
    1 for chick
    1 for cow
    3 for each of my planting site

im agree to make this permanent but i bet they wont tho

Lvl 116/125 : Redmift (Main)
    Main World : Redmift

Fast Response @Discord Blaze#2798

+1
    Replying so Ubisoft sees how much people agree
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    PSN IG: Tycan_x
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

Banned

Disagreed. They've been doing their best to make each month's IOTM as unique and useful as possible. Now it finally happened, and this item's title of IOTM suits this intention perfectly.

If you want to make sure that there will never be too few of them in the game, buy more with gems. Developers did their best to encourage this: they already nerfed SSPs, so now it's official: IOTM is the most efficient way to get WLs with gems. Really smart balancing move from their side.

By the way, this item really is OP. I tried it myself, and I can tell that I'm never going to sell it.

I say no because i have magplanter 5000 and i dont want it drop
    /s

Agreed. It is an improvement on the quality of life of farmers/harvesters.

If they don't consider it to be a perma-item, at least make it 100,000 gems in store so more people have access to buying it in multiple amounts.

Disagree. They already announced that this is an IOTM so its not good if they make this item permanent on store. Instead they can make a new item with same function, just like Harvester and Sorrow.
    IGN: FullOfRegret
    Leader of Egg Guild
    Instagram: @fullofregret.gt
    YouTube Channel: FullOfRegret Official

I make animations.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6Kc97h...oVRR/giphy.gif

Lesser Wizard

Its really great to see the 2 recent IOTMs being of great utility. Its a great change too from the wearables that we have been seeing.

I suppose the "market" will always have a way to take care of itself should the item be of great demand. And since it cannot be used for skemming purposes, I think its still better than the royal lock.

I think it would not be fair to have it labelled as IOTM and then changed to permanent item.
    Fireball116
    Owner of:
    BLACKSMITH: public anvil/forge/altar and all smithing recipes
    WIKIEVENTZ: guide/recipe to all GT events
    BUYPOTIONS/BUYLOBSTERQUEST
    Guild leader BLACKSMITH, ranked top 20 in Spring Clash

Default IOTM Quest System?

I've been toying around the idea of this for a while, but what if there was a way to obtain ITOMs after it's exclusive month? It would make items such as this with utility and practicality through the roof still obtainable, but with a catch.

Obviously this wouldn't be easy, but what if, similar to ring quests, you were able to start a quest to obtain an IOTM. The challenges this would entitle would far surpass the cost of the item in it's exclusive month of release, but make them still obtainable and circulating in use and economy.

I'm thinking of some context as well, check it out ~

"Locke has been stashing IOTMs since their release knowing the value would rise. That means you're gunna have to pay a pretty penny for his beloved items. What's that? You think he'd just let his items go with a quick transaction and call it a day? These aren't Locke Bots, he can't create as many as he wants for you to enjoy. Persuade him to give up his items by completing some chores for him, as a sign of gratitude."

I'm thinking the quests would only be able to get started from Locke himself, not his Locke bots. In addition, to start the quest you have to pay some amount of wls like 150 wls for picking the specific IOTM you want, but choosing an option that randomizes which IOTM you get at an obviously lower cost since this removes the choice of which item you get, and you pay less for a chance to get the item of your choice. Or maybe the quests should be 100% random similar to ring quests, but that's up for debate. Another difference with this and the Ringmaster would be you could phone Locke and get to the next step instead of having to find him every time, and at the end he can shove your prize though the phone line or something.

I'm thinking there should be requirements for the quests like a minimum level, awesomeness %, and maybe even how long the account has been in creation. The reason the quests should be so difficult is it would still push the incentive to buy the item during it's month of release, thus pushing the hype to the month's exclusive just as much because you'd be paying substantially more for it after the month ends.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by JougiYoshi; 02-02-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo
    JougiYoshi
    IGN: TheTranced
    My Informational Forum Threads
    My Personal Information Thread
    Visit UNTAPPED for all your buying needs.