Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaint - CNY

Default Complaint - CNY

Firstly I'd like to begin with a question; why was there so little this month? Valentine's brought us 12 items, the items were mediocre, although the new mechanic made getting GBC's fairer. Not that I expected anything big for Valentine's, given that it is an event - but if Valentine's really had that little - why wasn't the monthly update bigger? Oh before I forget disclaimers... This thread is about all of February's Updates, minus the IOTM, please don't close/move it because I don't know where else I should put it. And noone say that I complain too much, this is like my first one of these in months.

The only new Chinese items were 3 blocks/seeds, 2 contest items and 4 clothing items. But basically the whole point of this event was the Draconic Wings, the 3 blocks/seeds were used in making the 2 contest items which were used to get the 4 clothing items. 3 of those clothing items were used to get the 1 clothing item, the Draconic Wings. Yes Draconic Wings are a decent item, and they're probably your resolution to the Phoenix Wings problem. But they don't even have an animation, I'm not saying it should be mandatory for all wings to have animations, but when we're getting as little as this, something might be nice. Oh I forgot you did add Chinese Fireworks - did nothing useful and had an already existing animation, Decorative Paper Wall - fortune cookies didn't give enough of it to be of use, you could have added like 5 of these per cookie, and Chinese Crackers - cool block.

I mean these extra 3 items weren't all that exciting, would it have been too hard to add a Red Dragon reskin of the Wolf Howler, that breaths fire? Okay maybe that's just my desire to see Wolf Howler alternatives, but you get my point, the new items were too limited. Draconic Wings are recoloured Devil Wings with spikes added. The even would have been much nicer if the Draconic Wings had a bit more depth to them and if there were other prizes/things to do in this event.

Onto the contests: the world contest and the lucky token raffle. Given the number of threads on this already - I don't think I need to go into detail about what was wrong with this contest. Copied pixel arts should have VERY NEGATIVE POINTS. It ruins the competition to have effortless worlds dominate. What initiative is there for people to enter after both this contest and the last one (thanksgiving) betrayed those who put in the time and effort. The idea to use the dragon hats was decent but due to the properties of /renderworld, a lot of people were stuffed up because they couldn't make their entry. Overall the world contest needs be picked more meticulously, people's hard work and dedication should not be shrugged off for copied pixel arts - who cares if they don't give you an encyclopedia on the new year - I don't see BLARNEY worlds telling us all there is to know about St Patrick's Day.

The lucky token raffle was poorly managed, it should not have taken as long as it did to determine the winners, not to mention there was no sign of a player receiving more than 1 item, this is really weird. If you're going to tell us the 26th, deliver on the 26th, not 1/3 of the way through the 27th. It would have also been good to know if we won anything or not, I won 5,000 gems and I had no clue until my friend said they saw me on the post in announcements, there was nothing that popped up. Someone said something about an account warning..? But overall there should have been a more obvious means of giving us our prizes. Maybe add an extra line of chat for a few days saying "Congratulations you won _______!" or "Unfortunately you didn't win a prize this year, better luck next year!"

The event was nice in theory but there wasn't enough to do, and the things you could do were poorly planned and managed.

Please reply with your opinions and if you agree/disagree with parts of my thread.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Support my Dolphin Suit suggestion please:
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Set&p=4137275

I agree what you said tho.

It’s weird that all the contest stuff popped up to my backpack.
    It’s feel like someone in your account.
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

Banned

Agreed. Also your correct this was poorly planned there shouldnt have been problems with the tokens. This should have been tested etc. You guys can do better. Seth and Hammy did.

Edit: And if hammy can draw art so can you, dont copy it

Inside your refrigerator, but you can't see me.

Agree with it all. Let's hope for the insanely tiny chance that Ubisoft will open their eyes to some very truthful criticism.
    IGN: DisIsJames

Pleasure to be here.

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." -Og Mandino

Recently hit and passed 5,200 Subscribers!

Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0D...NOxC73TFAUhbCg

Yeah honestly I would rather have a normal monthly update than cny.
    discord: airxry#5595

Uncultured Swines
    IGN: LeBien2

Master Sorcerer

I don't get why people only get 1 prize/token. That's really not how raffles work in general, and is just unfair.

We spent more to get more, but also get more risk if we lose, and only 1 was given out, same as the people that effortlessly placed just 1? Really?

You're giving people with no effort a chance to win, while not acknowledging that people risking more should be rewarded for what they've spent.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

I plainly didn’t like the event
    IGN:YandereDemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today

ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
    That Mexican pepper thingie

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Notavailable View Post
    I don't get why people only get 1 prize/token. That's really not how raffles work in general, and is just unfair.

We spent more to get more, but also get more risk if we lose, and only 1 was given out, same as the people that effortlessly placed just 1? Really?

You're giving people with no effort a chance to win, while not acknowledging that people risking more should be rewarded for what they've spent.
    I intended to include points about this in the thread originally, in fact I remember writing them... Neverthless I agree with you - I don't know where they went.

Lesser Wizard

Agreed with you ! Monthly event should be the most exciting , this year Valentine's Update . They added 1 GOLDEN and 2 cloth items , and others are mostly block !

The lucky token raffle , people who put many tokens in their world only get 5,000 gems / other item ( except the wings ). Why don't they give one account can only have 5 tokens ( 5 chances ) to win ? As so many people are complaining that it is unfair
    In Game Name :Hyposus
    Trusted Player
    Lvl ;44

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKarakus View Post
    Uncultured Swines
    Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    Please elaborate.
    his signature pretty much explain everything.
    All sort of way to contact me:
    • Instagram: gar_mek
    • Discord: Garvin#5071
    • Steam: GarMek

Banned

Default Thank you for your feedback

Hey everyone,

Thank you Oldsock for creating this thread and putting in such a great way your points and your feedback.

Regarding your first point, just speaking for myself as a player, when I'm into a game, I absolutely want to see constant updates and quality content being released all the time. The keyword here is quality. We do not want to overwhelm you with content just for the sake of releasing it, especially content that we, as players, feel wouldn't match our needs. Trust me, as Starkos has said, the March update is going to be something very different. Now, by no means does this imply we're focusing on other updates rather on the current one. As you know the game is live and we try to provide the best content to all of our players - from the most recent one to the most veteran one. Me, for example I wouldn't like a game which has plenty of glitches/bugs but loads of content, in my personal opinion I prefer for the devs to take their time for a feature or an item, to make sure it works they way it is intended to and provides the intended options to the players. For CNY, we knew that we were experimenting and that's why we asked for your feedback, which we so passionately received from all of you.

I am attaching the original response from Starkos in his dev diary:

"So this is an interesting update, because it's the first time we (Ubisoft) have added a new annual event rather than a full-scale monthly update (we released Thanksgiving alongside Strange Crystals last November, splitting development effort across the two), and we're really interested to see how you feel about it. We've gotten a lot of feedback about folks wanting to celebrate the Chinese New Year and we've been wanting to try adding a new event, so this seemed like a good time... but we knew it would mean changing our February schedule a little if we added it.

So... it's experimentation time again! We know you probably want to see new features, items, and mechanics every month PLUS new events (we would, too), but this is a test to see if something like Chinese New Year is just as good. We want to focus on how folks feel about celebrating something quickly, with limited-time goodies and features, over permanent, all-year-'round additions to the game. "

Moving onto the Contests. We wanted to check and share with every Growtopian great and cool Worlds in the mood of the Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dog. We have heard your feedback about requesting more clarified criteria about the way we select the worlds, so this was a first attempt. We also read the thread about making them less stressful by using different wording in them such as recommendations and we will take it into consideration for the best of the game and the competition. We always want to offer a fair competitive environment for our players to create their worlds. By no means we are art critics and that's why we shared the points we take into consideration. For the mechanism behind the Red Dragon Renders in the bottom it was something we considered cool as well and we can only learn and improve it in the future.

Last but not least, for the Lucky Token Raffle we made changes thanks to your feedback. Additional prizes have been given out. To be honest with you, we had a really high volume of participants and that's why it was delayed, but I get your point. The most usual example for this case is the one with the bus. If the arrival board says 10 minutes and the bus arrives at the 7 minutes you are happy, but if the arrival board says 5 minutes and the bus arrives at 7 minutes it can be frustrating. We have noted that down as well for the future and we are sorry we didn't keep up with our announcement. Great suggestion for the notification and I will make sure to forward it to the rest of the team!

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback and comments! They really help us to improve and becoming better day by day!

Cheers,
    M1tch

Quote Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thank you Oldsock for creating this thread and putting in such a great way your points and your feedback.

Regarding your first point, just speaking for myself as a player, when I'm into a game, I absolutely want to see constant updates and quality content being released all the time. The keyword here is quality. We do not want to overwhelm you with content just for the sake of releasing it, especially content that we, as players, feel wouldn't match our needs. Trust me, as Starkos has said, the March update is going to be something very different. Now, by no means does this imply we're focusing on other updates rather on the current one. As you know the game is live and we try to provide the best content to all of our players - from the most recent one to the most veteran one. Me, for example I wouldn't like a game which has plenty of glitches/bugs but loads of content, in my personal opinion I prefer for the devs to take their time for a feature or an item, to make sure it works they way it is intended to and provides the intended options to the players. For CNY, we knew that we were experimenting and that's why we asked for your feedback, which we so passionately received from all of you.

"So this is an interesting update, because it's the first time we (Ubisoft) have added a new annual event rather than a full-scale monthly update (we released Thanksgiving alongside Strange Crystals last November, splitting development effort across the two), and we're really interested to see how you feel about it. We've gotten a lot of feedback about folks wanting to celebrate the Chinese New Year and we've been wanting to try adding a new event, so this seemed like a good time... but we knew it would mean changing our February schedule a little if we added it.

So... it's experimentation time again! We know you probably want to see new features, items, and mechanics every month PLUS new events (we would, too), but this is a test to see if something like Chinese New Year is just as good. We want to focus on how folks feel about celebrating something quickly, with limited-time goodies and features, over permanent, all-year-'round additions to the game. "

Moving onto the Contests. We wanted to check and share with every Growtopian great and cool Worlds in the mood of the Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dog. We have heard your feedback about requesting more clarified criteria about the way we select the worlds, so this was a first attempt. We also read the thread about making them less stressful by using different wording in them such as recommendations and we will take it into consideration for the best of the game and the competition. We always want to offer a fair competitive environment for our players to create their worlds. By no means we are art critics and that's why we shared the points we take into consideration. For the mechanism behind the Red Dragon Renders in the bottom it was something we considered cool as well and we can only learn and improve it in the future.

Last but not least, for the Lucky Token Raffle we made changes thanks to your feedback. Additional prizes have been given out. To be honest with you, we had a really high volume of participants and that's why it was delayed, but I get your point. The most usual example for this case is the one with the bus. If the arrival board says 10 minutes and the bus arrives at the 7 minutes you are happy, but if the arrival board says 5 minutes and the bus arrives at 7 minutes it can be frustrating. We have noted that down as well for the future and we are sorry we didn't keep up with our announcement. Great suggestion for the notification and I will make sure to forward it to the rest of the team!

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback and comments! They really help us to improve and becoming better day by day!

Cheers,
    M1tch
    Thanks for feedback,m1tch.

I hope you update Carnival,tournament, and some miss update that didnt update like 2 years( Like store packs, and pther more).

Growtoken shop( didn’t update for a year)

Make a lit update please

Don’t forget add new feature& achievement, events. So it’s not make the game boring.
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”

Master Sorcerer

M1tch / [Trust me, as Starkos has said, the March update is going to be something very different.]

i hope clans/factions update

Quote Originally Posted by Normelad View Post
    M1tch / [Trust me, as Starkos has said, the March update is going to be something very different.]

i hope clans/factions update
    Did you mean tomorrow update..
    Ahem.. march coming...

I agree. It’s gonna be exciting

Hey everyone,

Cheers,
    M1tch
    I prefer devs to open beta so we can help find bugs and glitches so that we get the quality content we wish to have. It’s hard to say the game is live when even the high end youtubers from gt are leaving because they say the game is dying. Beta even helps finding possible exploits which wouldnt involve banning innocent players when its rather a developers/creaters fault. I just wish to see a better change that will actually bring the joy and happiness one had when playing growtopia.
    IGN: FOWL

Banned

Hey everyone,

Cheers,
    M1tch
    Gosh, even Kaurkal is afraid to debate when Oldsock rants

Why do you guys have to be nice... It makes me feel bad...