Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Weekly Discussion - Video Games

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Anulot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    <JAMMED>
    Posts
    2,270

    Default Weekly Discussion - Video Games

    Next thread!

    Hello everyone, let's give this a shot. We used to do this a looooong time ago, but it sort of died out. After a week, this thread will be un-stickied and a new one will replace it (If this thread is well received. If you guys hate it, we probably won't do it again). Future theme suggestions are welcome, either PM me or add it to the bottom of your post.

    Tell me:

    What games have you been playing?
    Are they new to you, have you just found them, what do you think of them?
    Do you have any recommendations that you would like to share?
    Any positive / negative things you have about a certain game? Why?
    You don't have to stick to those questions specifically! Come up with your own.

    I'll go first. Hello, my name is Anulot. I'm a mod here, you've probably seen me around. I'm still mostly playing Fortnite on PC, I picked up Save the World and I actually kind of like it. It's pretty grindy but the gun selection is pretty cool. Battle Royale will always be my favorite though. Aside from that, I picked up a platformer named Celeste last week, and actually just finished it last night. It's a ton of fun, really tough but it has a beautiful environment and OST. There's a pretty small cast of characters, but they all have their own little personalities and it was just a general ton of fun to play. I'm working on the B-Side levels right now, and besides wanting to rip my hair out it's super challenging.

    Does anyone have any good Switch games that they can recommend to me? I've mostly been sticking to BoTW / ARMS, but am totally open to try whatever.

    Please keep the thread on-topic. Any derailment or otherwise nasty posts will be deleted
    Last edited by Anulot; 03-08-2018 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Next weeks thread is up!

    Discord - https://discord.gg/jenulot/
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/jenulot/
    YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/jenulot/
    Instagram/Twitter - @Anulot_GT

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Garvin Lim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,206

    Default

    Town of salem. discovered this 2 months ago from a steam sale, great game and one of the few game that i'm not bored even when i'm playing it alone. i recommend you guys the browser version.

    and DotA 2, played this for roughly 1 year now, don't play this game if you can't handle the toxicness of growtopia.
    All sort of way to contact me:
    • Instagram: gar_mek
    • Discord: Garvin#5071
    • Steam: GarMek

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer FPH7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    0,000004848 parsec from The Sun
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Freefire
    I discovered it 2 months ago and still playing it

    And Kerbal Space Program
    The first >1GB game that I have. I've been playing it since 2 years ago. Great game tbh, this game is on of the reason why I love Astronomy

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Kranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Change forum location bro
    Posts
    9,219

    Default

    i am still waiting for chasm to be released

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer BlackIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,235

    Default

    Granny (Mobile's best free horror game)
    Discovered this 1 month ago.
    I've been watching it on youtube and playing it myself lately.
    Play it, it is soooo goooood
    "I can see a rainbow. In your tears as they fall on down. I can see your soul grow. Through the pain as they hit the ground". ~ Sia.

    Changed name to FabPiano
    I'm a boy, please don't say that I am a girl..
    Want some fabulous songs? TUNESONGS
    Instagram: FabPianoGT

    Read my first story! The beginning of FabPiano
    Join my Discord: *Maintenace*
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ng-of-FabPiano

    Quote Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
    BlackIce was nuked from orbit!

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer RizkiAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    MI6
    Posts
    948

    Default 🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴

    ◼Battlefield 1942. Ik it's an old game, But why not? I like to playing this game. Even though the graphic are not very impressive, I still can feel the sensation of World War 2. There is some war, it's Battle of The Bulge, Berlin, Iwo Jima, Battle of Midway, etc. I know that Yamato ship from this game. The size of the game is not too big. Try it!

    ◼Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare. Oh, Man. CoD again... It's not like that "Infinite". It's different! No Jetpack thingies. With a not bad graphics and an Interesting storyline, make this game one of my favorite games. Cpt. Price Will guide You how to war, fight enemy with USMC and SAS, defeat Al-Asad, rescue Nikolai with Kamarov, and survive from the nuclear explosion.

    Open this spoiler to see another spoiler

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Spyroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Circus
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +

    Man this game is something. I got on christmas. And i have over 205 hours on it already. Thats like over 3 hours a day. They game is different every time you play, i love it, especially when it break the game and get all the items! The only bad part about it... is that once you beat it.. to really beat the game, you got to beat every file fully... thats going to be awhile... oh this is on nintendo switch btw! I play on that!

    And Anulot, i recomend BOI like i said above, Splatoon is a great game is you cant tell already and the new mario game (dont know how to spell it) its fun aswell. We just got an update with balloons!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    121

    Default

    isnt this abuse of power?

    I call it one

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer CowMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Where Cows Live
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    Roblox!!!!!!!
    my real face:

    my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

    Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

    Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

    i ship cat noir and ladybug

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard Lighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in your mind :)
    Posts
    214

    Default

    My FAVS from 2017/2018 (some of these were released long ago, but I only just got around to playing them)

    - Fortnite: Really fun and challenging game where you need to plan out how you'll win. I really love playing battle royale games, so to me this is a super fun game.

    - Overwatch: I've never played an fps game before Overwatch, so this was new to me. Buuuut, I had soooo much fun and I still play it a lot because of how fun it is. The community can be bad sometimes (nothing compared to league of legends though), but I love everything about this game and all the quirky characters you can play.

    - Crosscode: I found this game on steam a long time ago and I loved the pixel art style so I bought it. Best decision ever. It's a challenging and fast-pace rpg with a great story and even better game play. It's open-world as well (which I love) and there are soooo many quests and side quests. Highly recommended.

    - Cuphead: Amazing and challenging gameplay with an amazing soundtrack. Everything about this game is great. I was sad when I finished because I just wanted more. Even though most of the game is just bosses, every single boss fight was great.

    - Nier Automata: My. Favorite. Soundtrack. EVER. I haven't even finished the game but it's amazing so far. The gameplay is very fun, the characters are great, and everything is just right. Only downside is that the pc version is pretty laggy.

    - Tera/Blade and Soul: Although they are separate games, they are both very similar openworld rpgs. The file size for both games is HUGE but I loooooove just roaming around the worlds in this game. The combat is very fun as well.

    - Starbound: I've played Terraria before and loved it, so I decided to pick this up and I love this game. I love exploration so this was a game that I spent hours and hours just exploring instead of progressing. Very fun.

    - Stardew Valley: Everything about this game is great. It gets a bit repetitive, but is still very fun even almost a year later. The characters are charming and the art style/soundtrack is great.

    - Super Paper Mario: Literally my fav mario game ever. PLAY IT!!

    - To the Moon: This game made me cry. I never cry. The story was breathtaking.

    - The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Need I say more? This game is great in every single way!

    - Va-11 Hall-a: More of a talking simulator than a game, but one of my favorites. The characters were great, the jokes were funny, and story was amazing, and everything was just good.

    edit: for switch games, BOTW and Splatoon are great.
    Last edited by Lighty; 03-06-2018 at 11:04 AM.

    LIGHTY | Level 54 ♥


  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    My FAVS from 2017/2018 (some of these were released long ago, but I only just got around to playing them)

    - Fortnite: Really fun and challenging game where you need to plan out how you'll win. I really love playing battle royale games, so to me this is a super fun game.

    - Overwatch: I've never played an fps game before Overwatch, so this was new to me. Buuuut, I had soooo much fun and I still play it a lot because of how fun it is. The community can be bad sometimes (nothing compared to league of legends though), but I love everything about this game and all the quirky characters you can play.

    - Crosscode: I found this game on steam a long time ago and I loved the pixel art style so I bought it. Best decision ever. It's a challenging and fast-pace rpg with a great story and even better game play. It's open-world as well (which I love) and there are soooo many quests and side quests. Highly recommended.

    - Cuphead: Amazing and challenging gameplay with an amazing soundtrack. Everything about this game is great. I was sad when I finished because I just wanted more. Even though most of the game is just bosses, every single boss fight was great.

    - Nier Automata: My. Favorite. Soundtrack. EVER. I haven't even finished the game but it's amazing so far. The gameplay is very fun, the characters are great, and everything is just right. Only downside is that the pc version is pretty laggy.

    - Tera/Blade and Soul: Although they are separate games, they are both very similar openworld rpgs. The file size for both games is HUGE but I loooooove just roaming around the worlds in this game. The combat is very fun as well.

    - Starbound: I've played Terraria before and loved it, so I decided to pick this up and I love this game. I love exploration so this was a game that I spent hours and hours just exploring instead of progressing. Very fun.

    - Stardew Valley: Everything about this game is great. It gets a bit repetitive, but is still very fun even almost a year later. The characters are charming and the art style/soundtrack is great.

    - To the Moon: This game made me cry. I never cry. The story was breathtaking.

    - The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Need I say more? This game is great in every single way!

    - Va-11 Hall-a: More of a talking simulator than a game, but one of my favorites. The characters were great, the jokes were funny, and story was amazing, and everything was just good.
    If you play Fortnite, are you even humane?

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Elside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anulot View Post
    Hello everyone, let's give this a shot. We used to do this a looooong time ago, but it sort of died out. After a week, this thread will be un-stickied and a new one will replace it (If this thread is well received. If you guys hate it, we probably won't do it again). Future theme suggestions are welcome, either PM me or add it to the bottom of your post.

    Tell me:

    What games have you been playing?
    Are they new to you, have you just found them, what do you think of them?
    Do you have any recommendations that you would like to share?
    Any positive / negative things you have about a certain game? Why?
    You don't have to stick to those questions specifically! Come up with your own.

    I'll go first. Hello, my name is Anulot. I'm a mod here, you've probably seen me around. I'm still mostly playing Fortnite on PC, I picked up Save the World and I actually kind of like it. It's pretty grindy but the gun selection is pretty cool. Battle Royale will always be my favorite though. Aside from that, I picked up a platformer named Celeste last week, and actually just finished it last night. It's a ton of fun, really tough but it has a beautiful environment and OST. There's a pretty small cast of characters, but they all have their own little personalities and it was just a general ton of fun to play. I'm working on the B-Side levels right now, and besides wanting to rip my hair out it's super challenging.

    Does anyone have any good Switch games that they can recommend to me? I've mostly been sticking to BoTW / ARMS, but am totally open to try whatever.

    Please keep the thread on-topic. Any derailment or otherwise nasty posts will be deleted

    I would recommend you Super Mario Odyssey

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Blue.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    On top of the roof, somewhere that the economy is slow enough to have roofed houses
    Posts
    940

    Default

    When a mod comes in you know how dead the tavern is....

    Anyway....
    Town Of Salem is a cool game, however I play it only once a week. I realize you might get boring if you play it over and over.
    Minecraft, if you can actually find a decent server.
    Officially quit 1/8/19
    Lurking forums aimlessly

    Addicting to hypixel skyblock - if you want to find me that'll be the best bet.
    Or discord. It works, too.

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Kittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    in england
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    this is a cool idea i think

    but with the state of this forum i honestly just feel like these threads will be used as a spamming mechanism or will devolve into some "drama", but ill give it a shot.


    i really enjoyed playing through doki doki literature club (DDLC) because, as well as the girls being adorable, it honestly changed many of the views i have on people.
    https://i.imgur.com/USMkqGr.png
    original artwork please do not steal ^^

    follow my twitter i guess @restockedps
    restocked on pokemon showdown. i dont play growtopia


  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    What games have you been playing? WoT / WoTB, BeamNG.Drive, CarX, Spintires / Spintires Mudrunned, Papers, please
    Are they new to you, have you just found them, what do you think of them? No, I tend to play games I find out a long time ago. Ex. I started playing WoT on 2011.
    Do you have any recommendations that you would like to share? Basically all of the above.
    Any positive / negative things you have about a certain game? Why? This is gonna be tough question.
    WoT : I mostly play on it's test server because there is new game engine which runs better on my potato. Getting a new pc in the next few days (probably will come on Monday) so it might change. What I hate? It's kinda p2w, but as a f2p I still enjoy it. And I hate the amount it takes to grind, but the good side of grinding is that every tank is different and offers different playstyle so during longer time I'm "forced" to learn how to use it at it's best potential.
    WoTB : Basically smaller version of WoT, optimised for phones, but runs on my potato at stable 60fps on max settings, just shadows off, which would be of anyway because I don't really like them. Unlike WoT, which barely holds 20-25fps on minimum graphics quality settings.
    BeamNG.Drive : PERFECT game when paired with powerful pc and steering wheel + pedals. It's more like sandbox game, but mods are officially supported, which brings it to higher potential. From car driving and crashing game it can turn to plane flying simulator. And you can download maps and you can climb there, or download a drift track, or just a massive arena of car destruction. I also especially like it's realistic car destruction physics. The only downside - no multiplayer yet. There is a multiseat mode tho.
    CarX : When you want to go do some drift tandems with other people in amazing maps with your favorite and tuned + customized by yourself car.
    Spintires / Spintires Mudrunner. It's basically the same game, just that original developer was locked out of original Spintires so he created the Mudrunner which is just and updated versoin with many amazing features. Some people see it as a boring game, but it is really fun, especially with friends. You can download mods and drive even tanks or any other things there. Or you can stick to Soviet-era trucks and drive them through deep mud, often get stuck, winch out yourself or ask friends for help. Need refuel or repairs? No problem, ask friends to tow you or to bring fuel or repair kit to you. Or just go and jump off a cliff while carrying logs or a trailer, or even another truck!
    Papers, please : It's an unusual game. You are a worker at a Soviet border. You have to carefully check entrants documents and either let them pass or deny them. Sometimes you even arrest them. Seems easy? Nope. It isn't easy when you get into harder levels. But a very fun game to play overall. I often go into endless mode and not story mode just because I want to check the entrantant's documents and not worry about having enough money to feed family or pay for heat. And not worry about being arrested for helping revolutionists.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    I've been playing Stardew valley a lot lately.

    Theres a lot of variety in the game, sometimes I'm going off to mine when I need to make another new machine, sometimes I decide to go foraging when everything else is done, I do fishing when it rains. Been a blast

    Battlefield 1

    Been playing it for a year now, I enjoy the destruction, I love playing as medic and assault. I always use automatico as that gun is the fastest, the hip fire is easy and I can easily get like 5-6 kills with that gun in a single life. As for medic, I experiment with all the weapons, sometimes I go for selbastlader m1,sometimes I go with mondragon,sometimes with autoloading. the game is soo deep, anyone who likes call of duty more than battlefield just doesn't know what battlefield is like.

    P.S talk to me on Xbox XTerminator1111 if you wanna go a round on paladins or BF1.
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Anulot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    <JAMMED>
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +

    Man this game is something. I got on christmas. And i have over 205 hours on it already. Thats like over 3 hours a day. They game is different every time you play, i love it, especially when it break the game and get all the items! The only bad part about it... is that once you beat it.. to really beat the game, you got to beat every file fully... thats going to be awhile... oh this is on nintendo switch btw! I play on that!

    And Anulot, i recomend BOI like i said above, Splatoon is a great game is you cant tell already and the new mario game (dont know how to spell it) its fun aswell. We just got an update with balloons!
    I've been in love with all of those games already <3. I'm pretty bad at Splat2n but we're getting there. I've also had BOI since before Afterbirth and dumped an unresonable amount of hours into it...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elside View Post
    I would recommend you Super Mario Odyssey
    Played it and beat it, hunted extra moons for a while but I got bored of it.

    Discord - https://discord.gg/jenulot/
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/jenulot/
    YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/jenulot/
    Instagram/Twitter - @Anulot_GT

  18. #18
    Lesser Wizard Fuzeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    221

    Default

    I've been playing some Overwatch lately, but it's not that like im addicted to it. Just playing it like every 2 days and that's all. Another game i have been sticking around is Garry's Mod. What do you think of it?
    IGN: Fuzeds

    #FireAncient

    Instagram: @fuzeds
    Discord: Fuzeds#8949

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Vale0203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzeds View Post
    I've been playing some Overwatch lately, but it's not that like im addicted to it. Just playing it like every 2 days and that's all. Another game i have been sticking around is Garry's Mod. What do you think of it?
    Got bored of gmod in less than 1 hour. Didn't even bother downloading mods. Maps are too small.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer effanx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nowhere Particular
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    Can anyone recommend me any 2D games
    like and except stardew valley,terraria and binding of issac.

    (for pc ofc)
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •