Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Discussion - School

Cool Weekly Discussion - School

Last week's thread

Welcome to the weekly discussion thread! After a week, this thread will be un-stickied and a new one will replace it. Future theme suggestions are welcome, either PM me or add it to the bottom of your post.

This weeks theme is: School! A "real life" theme was suggested in the thread last week, and I figure this is all something you guys have in common.

Tell me:

Are you taking any interesting classes?
    Are you crusin' through them or do you need some help?
    What's your favorite/most hated subject?
    (Or anything else you can come up with that relates to education)

I'll go first. I'm a college student, pursing a degree in Computer Science. Most of my classes are pretty easy to be honest, but the one class that bothers me is psych. My professors are super chill, and I'm actually having a great time this semester (compared to some other ones with not so fun classes...). I'm also taking a government class as a social-science general education requirement, and it's actually turning out to be a really fun class, something that I was super shocked about. It takes more of a "modern day" approach on political science and current events, rather than classes that start talking about gov wayyyy back in the 1700's and work their way forward. My ultimate favorite class was physics though, we did all sorts of lab experiments and got to play with a bunch of neat things. I'm just finishing up my schedule for next semester though, and it's not looking that bright (Pretty much just math from here on out )

Please keep the thread on-topic. Any derailment or otherwise nasty posts will be deleted.

Discord - https://discord.gg/jenulot/
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/jenulot/
    YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/jenulot/
    Instagram/Twitter - @Anulot_GT

Physics is hard w h a t? q U e????

Anyways, 'ello, I'm a sophomore in high school (yes)
    and I'm struggling SO MUCH in Spanish.

Ok. Here's a small rant about spanish

TLDR: everyone cheated in spanish. even in the finals

At the moment this week, we have this thing called FANTASTICS (an acronym for Fun At Night Through Activities and Skits To Increase Class Spirit!) and I have to dance. It's an event my school does every year where the classes (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors) have to compete in skits, dances, and games. It's actually fun but really stressful.
    Well, last month to right now, I've practiced for the hardest dance for our class's skit. And boy oh boy, I still haven't memorized the dance and the event is on Saturday LOL.
    Soooo... Wish me luck!
    Also, here's a video of last year's for an example :^)
    'Ello y'all! :^)

IGN: iFluffy
    Where to Meet Me: I'm most likely in FLUFFYPRODUCE or IFLUFFY
    Insta: @xyrilldraws (I make watercolor, cartoony art!)
    LGBTQ+: I'm Bisexual :^))

I'm a Junior High School student. Currently, I'm preparing for my National Exam right now, and doing practical Exam. There are so many tasks to do before April and it makes me dizzy.
    Plus that pendulum practical Exam. It's so hard to do, but thanks I can get through that. And the floor exercise, it made my waist gout.

Open this spoiler to see another spoiler

well, as of now im just in middle school. My grades are pretty gud, although i suck in some classes. There is my Dutch teacher (i live in the netherlands) and he's the most lazy person... ever. He always says to check the tests, and guess what? I HAVENT GOT MY GRADE IN 3 WEEKS! His personal record was that when we got a new test, HE STILL DIDNT CHECK THE LAST TEST. also he just gives up random pages from the textbook as homework... WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CAN BE TAKEN AS BRAGGING. IT'S NOT. We got a super cool room, its called the e-lab. We got 12 robots, a green screen, 3 3d printers, and 5 overly buff computers (i dont even know why you would need a computer with a gtx 1080 in it tho...).

Name:  cozmo.gif
Views: 230
Size:  2.85 MBName:  this boi.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  420.2 KBName:  andthesebois.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  73.7 KB sorry for the big pictures idk how to make a spoiler XD
    http://giveadamn.co.uk/image/Oh+feck+he.jpg
    My main world is XZBC. if i won something, please drop it off there.
    (Yes i just threw in the Comic Sans to annoy you. did it work?)

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm4jPsqW/Prismino.png
    <description of this thread, in your own words>

Just got term end results back.
    Ugh averaging at a 65/100 for most subs (except the failing 2)
    I'm finding geog extremely hard and tedious right now. The class is mostly okay, but I can't seem to figure out the main keywords to place in my answer and we'll.. bye bye marks.

Hello extra lessons
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=199852&d=1528389945

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

Uhh senior in highschool, Just got back into a new semester and i got a new class the i really don't like mainly because we have to talk about gratitude and our feelings and BLAAAH BLAAH BLAH,Psycology. We don't even have our class in an actual classroom, it's in a library/computer lab and we all have assigned seats and assigned computers which we don't even need. My least favorite subject is Ofc math. if you tell me to quit gt or just take a 50 question math test you already what your boi is doing. Cx this is hella awkward.
    http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com...06b34f1527.gif

IGN ; Gloakk | Level 86

༺SŦᗩƳ ᗴᑎŦᗴᖇŦᗩᎥᑎᗴᗪ༻

Master Sorcerer

Are you taking any interesting classes? I dropped out of school. EZ GAME. I take online courses tho.
    Are you crusin' through them or do you need some help? Dropping them like flies.
    What's your favorite/most hated subject? I take such a wide range I don’t even know a favorite, thus I’m neutral.
    (Or anything else you can come up with that relates to education)

Going back to school would be great if I stop falling unconscious lmao.

Basically anything that pisses me off or stressed me kills me.
    IGN: Tevoir
    Level: 125

Time for a true display of skill!

Rolled and smoked.

Master Sorcerer

I'm currently a Grade 11 student, taking STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Most of the subjects are pretty nice and easy for me, just not those subjects that involve a lot of Maths (like General Mathematics, Pre-calculus, Basic Calculus, etc.). Idk, the learning material is fine, the teacher is nice and chill--I'd say that I have issues with my section and how they deal with those subjects. They're just so disruptive and uncooperative that they ruin the class for me.

I seem to excel a lot on those subjects that involve a bit of Social Science (like Philosophy and UCSP) and the English subjects (EAPP, Oral Communication, Reading and Writing Skills), so yeah--I ended up liking them a lot.

And yeah, the teachers are chill and they have interesting methods to make me learn things. The main issue that I have is just mostly the section I was in. I really don't fit in, there's quite some drama happening, my classmates are treating me horribly and are really sketchy--so yeah, it's quite stressful for me.

Welp, guess that's all I have to say about my school life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHeeBee View Post
    Basically anything that pisses me off or stressed me kills me.
    Honestly, same.

Currently I'm a junior (Grade 11) and honestly this year isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm taking two AP classes (AP Human Geography and AP Biology) and having a lot of fun in the both of them. I'm also taking the SAT this saturday ahhhh.

The only thing I don't like about this year is that I don't have many classes with my friends. Last year (Grade 10) was the best year of my life mainly because I made many new friends and did really well in school. This year is a bit different because I only have 2 classes with my friends.

Overall: Good because my grades are currently great.

LIGHTY | Level 54 ♥

Most hated subject is Social Studies. To me school just kind of sucks in general because the keep testing us and it's annoying plus it kills my interest in learning.

Quote Originally Posted by lucklife View Post
    Just got term end results back.
    Ugh averaging at a 65/100 for most subs (except the failing 2)
    I'm finding geog extremely hard and tedious right now. The class is mostly okay, but I can't seem to figure out the main keywords to place in my answer and we'll.. bye bye marks.

Hello extra lessons
    OMG SAME I suck at geog though I only take elect geog but i can more or less say farewell to bye humanities marks already :/

IGN:RILEC
    Level:91

Discord: RILEC#6188

Schools are stupid, I gotta go through exams that were like 2 months and half long. they're gonna finish on april and they started in 9th febuary. Plus everyone is really expecting me to get good marks (by good marks, I don't mean 80% plus, I'm talking about 95%+) and they expect me to get like top 10 position in the country board.

IGN:StarByte
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
    There's this thing called life.

School is a time killer for me. I don't learn that much and all I do is carry everyone else who can't do it. More of a social thing than a learning place.
    Nothing is true, but not all is false

M̬͍͇̼̘͈̅ͨ͋̾̾́̕emę̼̮͇ͯ̍ͣ͂̊͜ ͙͓̬̣̗n͙̤̱͓̱̊͑̔͗ͤͫ̔t̻̹̫ͨ͂͋̎ ̩̫͕o̫͈̣̪ͣ͒͐͟͡ ̞̫̭̱̮̝̆̈́M̴̸͈̻ͯ̅ͧ̎ͫͨͅȏͯͤͩ̿ ̟̘̀r̖̭͗̀ͧ͢i̷̼̘̙͕̓̃ͫ̿͂͌͐ͭ̅͞ ͇̥̭

Everyone treats me like a nobody woo hoo
    this is boring
    Add me on discord
    holaloh#9553

I rate my classes through the students, since students usally detirm how the the teacher acts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinDuckins View Post
    School is a time killer for me. I don't learn that much and all I do is carry everyone else who can't do it. More of a social thing than a learning place.
    Mostly blow off classes? Yes.

Social? Haha, absolutely not.

Struggling with math, as per usual. Taking some robotics class, which was actually one of my last choices, but it’s turning out to be pretty neato.
    Visit RETIREMENT today!

>What you hear, believe or see people talk about is not necessarily the truth - see it as one-side of a two-sided coin.
    >Locking thread. Any further discussion will be punished.
    -Misthios, 2019

My schools only just gone and added a new behaviour system - 2 warnings and youre in isolation.

By 2 warnings, i literally mean 2 'dont talk' or 'stop rocking on your chair' warnings. 2 in 1 lesson gets you a trip to isolation room, where you sit at a isolated desk in a room which other isolatees for 1 whole school day. Its pathetic.

Im happy ive not been down there because 5 hours of nothing soooo boring
    IGN:Spherical
    Level:52

Want to see some Event related Goals and Daily Quests?
    Click here!
    https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.co...adee4edd6c.gif

Quote Originally Posted by iFluffy View Post
    Physics is hard w h a t? q U e????

Anyways, 'ello, I'm a sophomore in high school (yes)
    and I'm struggling SO MUCH in Spanish.

Ok. Here's a small rant about spanish

TLDR: everyone cheated in spanish. even in the finals

At the moment this week, we have this thing called FANTASTICS (an acronym for Fun At Night Through Activities and Skits To Increase Class Spirit!) and I have to dance. It's an event my school does every year where the classes (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors) have to compete in skits, dances, and games. It's actually fun but really stressful.
    Well, last month to right now, I've practiced for the hardest dance for our class's skit. And boy oh boy, I still haven't memorized the dance and the event is on Saturday LOL.
    Soooo... Wish me luck!
    Also, here's a video of last year's for an example :^)
    I am of both French and Spanish origins, yet I speak neither language. Don’t feel too bad!
    IGN: 24elijah24
    Confucius say, “He who makes a stink in a church, must sit in their own pew.”

https://r11.fodey.com/2442/1cce0c1bc...ce5e2198.1.gif

Growtopia Goals:

the most interesting classes im taking are cooking and a workshop class. im 3 honors classes right now (math, language arts and science) but im struggling in math.

I’m currently in middle school (Grade 8). Majority if not all of courses are pretty borings and standard (math, English, world language, history, etc.). I get good grades in all of my subjects but haven’t taken a particular liking to any specific one nor feel like there are subjects I truly excel in or adore. I’m taking both of the Honors courses offered at my school and next year have already been accepted into Spanish II, Geometry, Language Arts, and US History I Honors (with the prospect of Bio Honors)which was chosen during scheduling. Basically, I said “yes” to whatever course the school offered me for next year and chose a throw-away elective I know I won’t like (not like there was any good choices), that elective in question being Journalism. I guess you could say I’m a relatively good student, with not a lot of interest in what I’m learning (plus a horrible work ethic, which I didn’t even mention :v). I’m not so exceptional in my studies though, and most of my teachers don’t even notice me anyways. But hey, A’s (and the one B average that happens some quarters)is certainly not bad, so I don’t really have too much of a right to complain.
    Last edited by StarLilly; 03-10-2018 at 02:39 PM.

School teaches me a lot of stuff.
    1) Teachers suck.
    2) Homework sucks.

I like learning but not studying. The thing with exams is though, if it weren't for them I would probably never have studied via my books. And if it were not for homework I would have never practiced my maths and would never be good at it. So I guess it kinda makes sense.

But each kid has their own ways you know. Teachers cannot reach to all kids at a time. Forget about meeting teachers after class that happens only in movies. Nobody wants to do that and listen to your laborious teachers. Unless you have no choice lol. I guess that's why homeschooling is somewhat popular. But gone are those days. Parents are more busier than they were so..

My grades used to suck. Trust me. I never studied ever prior to this (I'm still in school btw, no I'm not 40 years old) My inspiration was walking around and seeing how hard people were working. Cleaning is something I hate to do. But when I see people handling multiple jobs it's kinda depressing.

I guess school is an opportunity. To meet people and to learn. Growtopia makes all of that hard so you better stop reading this and go back to your studies.
    Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
    -heth mumu

Quote Originally Posted by your0ruler View Post
    also.....

This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
    Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature