Thread: If in the future there will be a mod application, where it will be?

Lesser Wizard

Default If in the future there will be a mod application, where it will be?

If in the future there will be a mod application, where will the devs inform about it?

No. They won't ever open again...like the beta server

Master Sorcerer

https://growtopiagame.com/modapply.php
    That was where it used to be and it also said there that if they will open it again, it will be there. Now though it seems to be deleted. Also 99,7% sure it won't be opened ever again.

they wont open mod app, they will just choose directly

Lvl 116/125 : Redmift (Main)
    Main World : Redmift

Fast Response @Discord Blaze#2798

A mod said in a post that they will choose new mods from the players, but there won't any applications or such

⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

See, the mythical entity titled "mod application" is from the babysteps era of growtopia, you will never see such a concept again, times have changed. Such a thing can't be handled by a human when there is any more than a 100 people filling it up, and surprise surprise, it might be 50000 at this point.
    Ya boy Dancey.

Banned

Pretty much all the answers are correct

Most probably we will not open mod applications again, we will be choosing them ourselves when we see someone who seems to be fit for the role.
    I will also take this chance and Share a post Hamumu have posted regarding this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu;
    If it will make less people ask to be mods, then yes, even the slightest offense EVER means you can't be a mod. Also, if your hair is blonde, or you are between 5'4" and 5'6" tall. What this means is everybody just STOP DOING THIS. All you people posting "I know this is risky, but I have to put it out there, I wanna be a mod.": NO. You will not be a mod. None of you will. The next person to be a mod is some random person you've never heard of. The vast vast vast majority of people are completely unsuitable for moderatorship. Have you ever noticed when somebody does get hired as a mod, if it's somebody a bunch of people know, those people are all "I knew it would be you!" That's because it's obvious to anybody who knows them that these people are the ones. Nobody else is like them.

Nobody who ever "just once tried a drop game a year ago to see what it was like" will ever be a mod, not because that's a rule, or because we will find that in the logs (we don't look that far back!), but because you aren't the kind of person who can do the job.

I hate to be so blunt, but the people we are looking for are not people like you (you meaning 99% of those reading this post right now). Look at the people who are mods. They don't act like ANY of you, and it's not because they are mods. They didn't act like you guys do before they were mods either. They were kind people, who went around answering other peoples' questions (and NOT posting "Hey, if you have a question, come ask me!" to try to become a mod), who would just spontaneously assist some kid who was struggling to figure out the basics when they saw them struggling, . They were people who pointed out the rules to others without being prompted, just to help. They were people who assisted those being bullied via PM or other things. When we do a log search of a potential moderator, the ones who become mods seriously DO have logs that read like this:

person> how'd you get those crystal wings?
    10 other people> NOOB NOOB SHUTUP U SUK NOOB
    mod-to-be> /msg person you have to make crystals to make the wings. Come to my world CRYSTALFARM and I'll show you how they work

^ out of the blue, without anybody asking, just because mod-to-be likes doing this. They get a kick out of seeing someone else having a better situation because of them.

When we check the logs, it takes about 2 minutes to see somebody is mod material, because everything they do is like this. They're always looking out for others and being fun, friendly, and helpful to everyone they meet. We look for more than 2 minutes, since we want to see if there are any nasty surprises hiding in there, but we never find them if that first glance looks like the above.

Those people are very rare, and they are not like you (or me! I keep to myself and rarely help others because I don't want to interact with people too much). The people we hire as mods, with a few unfortunate exceptions we took a chance on who ended up getting fired in the end, are amazing people. You are lucky to get to know them, and I feel proud that we have this opportunity to put them in a position where people can look up to them and see what being kind in an online game is, since that's something you never see!

I really hate the obsessive superstar status that everybody applies to the mods, and I wish they could do their job quietly and peacefully (I know most of them do as well), but on the other hand, these really are incredible people, and if you're going to worship somebody, this is certainly a better choice than Justin Bieber or whoever. They are worthwhile role models! If you're gonna obsess about somebody, I guess our mods are a good choice. But I wish you wouldn't.

Hopefully, I've brought some insight to this issue and cooled a little of the "I wanna be a mod" talk, because if you're talking that talk, you're wasting your time. I try to be as open as I can about this process, but it's very hard to explain how you can see someone and instantly know that they are a totally different kind of person. That's just how it is. There are lots of other people who might do just fine as moderators, but like I said, we've taken chances before and they haven't gone well (and even resulted in some players losing worlds or items because of truly bad moderating), so we don't take chances. We only take the best of the best. Far better to have too few mods (which we do) than to have a single bad mod.
    So... basically a warning that if we have doubts about someone, then they are not suitable
    Edit: removed the source, happy now?

In a country where scammer is more hated than other country scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurkal View Post

Most probably we will not open mod applications again, we will be choosing them ourselves when we see someone who seems to be fit for the role.
    I will also take this chance and Share a post Hamumu have posted regarding this topic
    Me pressing the button to see the source of hamumu quote.
    Ended up on the thread where GrowH asking for adventure end glitch
    gg ubisoft gg
    Im FatFitFut In-game. Call me Fatty!
    Oh! My Alt In-game is FuseSoCool. I like to add anyone in there, welp if they are enjoyable enough in my definition of Enjoyable

Avatar is from Chuzzle deluxe texture, Raptisoft.

Achievement of the year (2017). Woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by FatFitFut View Post
    Me pressing the button to see the source of hamumu quote.
    Ended up on the thread where GrowH asking for adventure end glitch
    gg ubisoft gg
    Probably Kaurkal done typo while typing the numbers. Here's real one: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...85#post1889985
    Forumers Guild: BETA GUILD

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurkal View Post

Edit: removed the source, happy now?
    Thanks for the answer