Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: What's the appeal of KPOP?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer iCantDancee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    My babe
    Posts
    2,996

    Default What's the appeal of KPOP?

    Has the average white teenage female/not that straight white teenage male found that korean is the way to go or is there something else? No one certainly makes it seem like the music is any good, everything is about the appearance of the singers.

    Hm.
    Ya boy Dancey.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer FatFitFut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In a country where scammer is more hated than other country scammer.
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    idk either. Its loud as heck so i prefer jazz or non-lyrics song
    (I never went to any concert)
    Im FatFitFut In-game. Call me Fatty!
    Oh! My Alt In-game is FuseSoCool. I like to add anyone in there, welp if they are enjoyable enough in my definition of Enjoyable

    Avatar is from Chuzzle deluxe texture, Raptisoft.

    Achievement of the year (2017). Woohoo

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Alexanderkg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In my bedroom haha funny
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    They're females, the way females work is: the closer something is to look or basically like a female, the more female would like it
    Quote Originally Posted by abala100 View Post
    Mods why i got banned i just used cheat engine
    My dead YouTube channel

    My Instagram


  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    10,385

    Default

    K-pop could be really catchy, but many of the performers' songs are repetitive. The ones who sing matter more than what they sing now.

    Plus the industry keeps generating new celebs (countless new stars for the last 5 years, based on what I've seen), creating new nets of fans then proceeds to suck the money out of them. Fans aren't at fault though. I don't really understand why you brought skin colors here (might just be a stereotype, I'm not entirely sure)
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

    goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer iCantDancee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    My babe
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notavailable View Post
    K-pop could be really catchy, but many of the performers' songs are repetitive. The ones who sing matter more than what they sing now.

    Plus the industry keeps generating new celebs (countless new stars for the last 5 years, based on what I've seen), creating new nets of fans then proceeds to suck the money out of them. Fans aren't at fault though. I don't really understand why you brought skin colors here (might just be a stereotype, I'm not entirely sure)
    name one black kpop fan


    exactly
    Ya boy Dancey.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    10,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCantDancee View Post
    name one black kpop fan


    exactly
    There's like an entire website of them, and it's pretty active either (like 300-500 likes/post, and views on a Youtube video could be 300k at peak)
    . I literally googled "black kpop fans" lol
    It's just their voices aren't heard by the public I suppose. The loudest are usually the worst.
    I crave for attention so don't give me any

    goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCantDancee View Post
    name one black kpop fan


    exactly
    My friends are of a dark complexion and they like K-pop. Sure they aren't African-Americans, but they are not the only ones with chocolate skin... Don't be racist, for everyone's good.

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer iCantDancee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    My babe
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 안녕하서요! View Post
    My friends are of a dark complexion and they like K-pop. Sure they aren't African-Americans, but they are not the only ones with chocolate skin... Don't be racist, for everyone's good.
    ok lets not bring race into this
    Ya boy Dancey.

  9. #9
    Knight
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    somewhere at a tj maxx
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderkg View Post
    They're females, the way females work is: the closer something is to look or basically like a female, the more female would like it
    I’ve never heard anything more incorrect in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCyborg
    On a unrelated topic bagged milk looks gross.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer CowMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Where Cows Live
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Nah i prefer bts and exo and girls generation and blackpink instead
    my real face:

    my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

    Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

    Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

    i ship cat noir and ladybug

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer RILEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    RAINBOWS
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Urgh I don't see the appeal either, what's worse is my school forces everyone to dance to kpop(for some fitness crap lol) and I hate it. And during school camps they blast kpop songs using speakers and obviously I stick out like a sore thumb haha. There's quite a lot of autotune too which I don't like.



    IGN:RILEC
    Level:91

    Discord: RILEC#6188


  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Ryuu Kaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    First Layer of Life
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    only things I'd like in korea is only their taekwon-do
    =IGN : Crausse=

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer idelarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    under these btches skin
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iCantDancee View Post
    Has the average white teenage female/not that straight white teenage male found that korean is the way to go or is there something else? No one certainly makes it seem like the music is any good, everything is about the appearance of the singers.

    Hm.
    "not that straight white teenage male" ansuydhnvi you've lost your mind
    Ign - iDelarosa
    The O.G. of the forums
    Don't agree with my opinion? Then nikka go argue with your non-existing dad !

    https://media1.tenor.com/images/6b4f...itemid=8936671

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer WonderGalHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Singapore/the Little Red Dot!
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CowMooMoo View Post
    Nah i prefer bts and exo and girls generation and blackpink instead
    ^^ BTS and Wanna One
    IGN: WonderGal
    World: 4VICTORIANS
    Status: Kind of back



  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer CowMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Where Cows Live
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderGalHD View Post
    ^^ BTS and Wanna One
    Ayyy whose ur bias in bts
    Mines namjoon or taehyung
    my real face:

    my singing baes: Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello/Taylor Swift and Little Mix

    Quote Originally Posted by this dot.
    "i can't believe you all stop singling out names noobs"
    Shoutout to effanx11! The best guy in the whole universe! He knows why!

    Psle: 25*
    #AIRSECT
    #AIRANCIENT

    i ship cat noir and ladybug

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer DemondoomGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not sure
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Reserved. Stupid phone went to home menu and wiped my paragraph.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer TradeOnlyJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    786

    Default

    GFRIEND GFRIEND GFRIEND

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer iCantDancee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    My babe
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CowMooMoo View Post
    Nah i prefer bts and exo and girls generation and blackpink instead
    this is about the genre haha

    and also, why the most mainstream ones possible
    Ya boy Dancey.

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer pigoverall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Personally, the most appealing act in Kpop is their choreography. A lot of groups are in sync, on beat and the choreo really matches the song. Their appearance is the second for me. Although, I have to say one thing, kpop lyrics when translated in English, is pretty bad (not all songs, but most out there). I think it's the choreo and the tune that really catches people's attention.

    Anyway, I'm looking for people who stans RV because I feel like I am the only one )):
    About Me:

    • Enjoys KPOP
    • Stanning Red Velvet, BTS and SEVENTEEN

    • Loves food such as pasta and garlic bread
    • A bigger procrastinator than you




    Game Information:



    http://steamsignature.com/card/0/76561198088428447.png

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer xFloat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    family guy funny moments
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Kpop hurts my brain cells
    I don't have any respect to people who listen to it
    discord: airxry#5595

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •