Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the appeal of KPOP?

My girl listens to kpop and when I asked her abt her motive she told me "Well, they're cute. And I found some of them are pretty handsome." Don't you think I'm cuter than them? I was the one that always shares you my fries, girl. Why?

Can do nothing about it.. can't afford plastic surgery to reconstruct my face and join a kpop band so okay..
    セックス大好
    ANTIHERO WAS THE REAL OG

The idol K-Pop industry focuses a lot more on visuals, choreography & songs rather than the vocal skills of the idols. So most often, you can find that the singers may be lacking in terms of how they sing. The industry is so competitive and new groups pop up at least once a month. (Usually those are from small companies and fail to suceed) The ones that most likely stick around come from the three major companies of SM, YG & JYP.

If you want to get into K-Pop, don't bother joining the fandoms. It's the forums, but 100 times worse. A lot of people are toxic, stubborn and bias towards one or two groups and fandom wars & dramas are super common. EXO-L, Once & ARMY have the worst reputation out of the fandoms. EXO-L is the fandom for EXO, Once for Twice & ARMY is the fandom of BTS.

Due to the competitive industries, many great groups are forgotten in a matter of a few years, or even when they're slightly active due to the overhype for "certain" groups. Never forgetti SHINee, Big Bang, 2NE1, Super Junior, TVXQ, Wonder Girls, 4Minute, etc. They're the groups that has allowed K-Pop to continue for such a time, keeping it popular over the years.

If you get sick of the idols or want slower Korean songs, listen to singers like Wheesung, Yoon Jong Shin, Roy Kim, Melom ance, Punchy, Kim Gun Mo, Lee Sun Hee, Lee Juk, etc. These are the amazing solos who hold their place in the music industry despite facing competition and random hatred from idols and their fans. (the fans are hating, not the idols)

p.s. If you have time, go listen to Heize. Her music is very unique as well as her vocals. It's way over 9000. Queen Heize.
    Also Bolbbalgan4, they're unique as well.
    Last edited by DemondoomGT; 04-02-2018 at 06:40 AM.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

Lesser Wizard

I enjoy listening to kpop, I don't really watch the music videos, it's just the sound of the music that helps time pass by more quickly, and gives me a small burst of motivation. I get that kpop is overrated at this point, and the fandoms for ANY group is usually very toxic.

I guess I shouldn't be one to judge since most of my money is put away in my savings, and not to be spent on products such as hoodies, phone cases, etc, but I don't see the point in buying such expensive things that sometimes don't even look good. I have a female friend that bought a sweater that her bias wore in an MV. It cost her well over $200 and not to rain on her parade... but it was so unattractive. Buying one hoodie with something to show it's from a certain group should be sufficient to show that you listen to said group; you shouldn't have to spend hundreds on things that you will get over.

Kpop dance cover instagrams also bother me. Of course there are exceptions such as Shannon Thao, illzzang, the sorts, that are wonderful at dancing, but there are also others that don't even try. I guess seeing idols dance give them some belief that they can dance just as well. With time and effort, of course they can, but a lot of the time they just practice it and do the bare minimum to get recognition.

TL;DR: Fans spend too much money and many kpop dance cover instagrams don't even try, but I like listening to it.
    I don't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenTig View Post
    I have a world where 2 worldlocks dropped on each other without becoming 2 what is this worth anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool050 View Post
    It’s worth 3wls

Thank you, I personally have 0 interest in checking the genre out but you probably helped someone.

And yeah, I can see why the fandoms would be toxic, the majority of its members are teen girls after all and thus tolerating opinions is a tad bit much for them.
    Ya boy Dancey.

Redlegocat

Quote Originally Posted by iCantDancee View Post
    Has the average white teenage female/not that straight white teenage male found that korean is the way to go or is there something else? No one certainly makes it seem like the music is any good, everything is about the appearance of the singers.

Hm.
    Idk, I have a few friends that are obsessed with kpop, one has went to a concert. Like you said, it's mostly their appearance, like how they're skin is "so perfect" and their voices, and how they dance and stuff.
    In other words, people fangirling over them, -> "omg they're so cute", "I want him to marry me", etc.

I just think they're overrated

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S05E19/9179...VZJ1JFIE5FQVQu

Real sh*t though, I just think that some of kpop is okay at best, and in the end it's just our pop but in another language. I don't really despise it, ya know? But I do think kpop does gets a bit too much hate for their idiotic fanbase. It's not such my cup of tea, but there's at least some effort sometimes, and I can respect that.
    Last edited by xoChrissy; 04-03-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    yea, i'm an alt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RILEC View Post
    Urgh I don't see the appeal either, what's worse is my school forces everyone to dance to kpop(for some fitness crap lol) and I hate it. And during school camps they blast kpop songs using speakers and obviously I stick out like a sore thumb haha. There's quite a lot of autotune too which I don't like.
    Fucc what school did you go to? Hell?

K-Pop sucks for me. Hecc, is that talent? Autotune is a talent? And repeating words is a talent? Dancing like thst bullshit is a talent? Hecc no for me.

The real talented singers for me are from operas in 1920s, no mikes, no autotune, yet perfect voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xFloat View Post
    Kpop hurts my brain cells
    I don't have any respect to people who listen to it
    Well, same
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Furry View Post
    My girl listens to kpop and when I asked her abt her motive she told me "Well, they're cute. And I found some of them are pretty handsome." Don't you think I'm cuter than them? I was the one that always shares you my fries, girl. Why?

Can do nothing about it.. can't afford plastic surgery to reconstruct my face and join a kpop band so okay..
    Hecc, don't compare yourself to em, youre the AntiHero we all love
    Quote Originally Posted by iCantDancee View Post

Thank you, I personally have 0 interest in checking the genre out but you probably helped someone.

And yeah, I can see why the fandoms would be toxic, the majority of its members are teen girls after all and thus tolerating opinions is a tad bit much for them.
    Teen girls are edgy and toxicating bitches, well most of them, I like the attitude introverted teen girls cuz they are proper. I dont see most of em tho, theyre introverts, Im an outrovert(a mix of introvert and extrovert)

Quote Originally Posted by pigoverall View Post
    Personally, the most appealing act in Kpop is their choreography. A lot of groups are in sync, on beat and the choreo really matches the song. Their appearance is the second for me. Although, I have to say one thing, kpop lyrics when translated in English, is pretty bad (not all songs, but most out there). I think it's the choreo and the tune that really catches people's attention.

Anyway, I'm looking for people who stans RV because I feel like I am the only one )):
    I got u fam. Can't decide which one of them to bias cuz all are making my heart pumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnostics View Post

K-Pop sucks for me. Hecc, is that talent? Autotune is a talent? And repeating words is a talent? Dancing like thst bullshit is a talent? Hecc no for me.
    Dancing is actually pretty hard since you need to coordinate with your fellow members and you need to look smooth when connecting the choreography. Hell, a lot of dances in Kpop are actually pretty hard to recreate.
    About Me:

• Enjoys KPOP
    • Stanning Red Velvet, BTS and SEVENTEEN

• Loves food such as pasta and garlic bread
    • A bigger procrastinator than you

Game Information:

http://steamsignature.com/card/0/76561198088428447.png

Quote Originally Posted by pigoverall View Post
    Dancing is actually pretty hard since you need to coordinate with your fellow members and you need to look smooth when connecting the choreography. Hell, a lot of dances in Kpop are actually pretty hard to recreate.
    ^^^
    Even if the songs and vocals may lack, the dances are super tough to reenact and they practice just the dance for a few weeks at least.
    IGN: Demondoom
    Level: 71
    #FishTrainingJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Agnostics View Post

The real talented singers for me are from operas in 1920s, no mikes, no autotune, yet perfect voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, same

Hecc, don't compare yourself to em, youre the AntiHero we all love

Teen girls are edgy and toxicating bitches, well most of them, I like the attitude introverted teen girls cuz they are proper. I dont see most of em tho, theyre introverts, Im an outrovert(a mix of introvert and extrovert)
    You do know autotune is for effect that the artist sometimes intentionally adds?
    Lmao. I give credit to opera singers but that doesn't mean they're the only "Real" TALENTED singers.

There's heaps in the K-POP industry that needs to have their voice heard. It's actually really difficult but they tend to shine through.
    Listen to MAMAMOO They sing live.
    However they're probably not your type, but there's also this opera duo i forgot their names but they're really cool as well.
    Even PSY can sing like a blessed angel, he's just known for his two-hit songs that got popular as a meme. Which is sad but well that's the media.

Watch ThatPoppy's music on Youtube I think Kpop's appeal is something similar